Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39204 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Controversy: 9:34am On Dec 20, 2013
Dannylux: The opinion of tribal Nairalanders towards GEJ wouldn't change a thing about him. What's the population of Nairaland? I'm not scared by these pathetic lies from APC and the cries of some bigoted Nairalanders who would lie in the face of the truth just because he's not one of them. Even if the whole of Nairaland votes against him, it would change nothing!

2015 shall tell!
That remind me nairaland vote before Anambra state election
Don't worry Ngige will repeat in some of those state's. APC is political party build on lies, we are wiser now

5 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Controversy: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2013
5.00GP:

WHICH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT DOES GOATLUCK HAS?
HE HAS USED HIS FIRST TENURE AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA....
See politicians!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2013
I'm not interested in whether you stick by your opinion or withdraw them as the case may be.

However. your flimsy excuse to questioning GEJ's credibility for a political statement he allegedly made for which Fashola and Adams Oshebaba also made but went on to contest and consequently won a second term for which they (Fashola and Adams) are doing just fine for their respective States.

I pray you let him off the hook on this very issue.

Just my take

Abagworo:

I don't know what you take me for but be rest assured I'm not interested in that. If Rochas promised to stay one term and I find an evidence like this one and he goes ahead to contest, then he certainly is not a man of honor and integrity.

I say the truth the way it is and nothing more. You people want me to lie against Rochas in some issues which conscience cannot let me do. He has done well in Imo State and that's the whoie truth. I don't even know him. I just feel improvement each time I travel to Imo State and that's my reason for arguing on his side when peolpe lie against him. This is also applicable to Chibuike Amaechi. You cannot deny glaring success.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2013
I am not interested in arguements wether GEJ is eligible to contest or not, or wether he said he will contest or not.
What I am interested in is wether he is performing! And I tink he has done well to deserve another term. Lets meet @ d poll by 2015 and let democracy prevail. GOODLUCK NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nationwide1(m): 9:41am On Dec 20, 2013
In as much as I don't respect the character of not keeping to one's word, change is the only permanent thing in life. Another conclusion is that GEJ must have said it under coercion. The only reason on earth he should not contest for second term is because he is a second class citizen.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by cocoduck: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: What makes people believe that he does not have plans of being a life President? As a man, I cannot deal with "Nde ire abuo" twice. Once they lie and I find out, then its over. If Jonathan goes ahead to contest in 2015 then he is not a man of integrity and honour. I'm sure he knows that he cannot even win PDP primaries and that's why he's scared of the polls.

I'm not an APC member but I always say the truth as it is devoid of ethnicity and religion.
mechie gi onu ezi gi ahu. saboteur. onu gi ahu Di ka ike ewu. I na adi ka ihe eji achu nnunu na rice. a ga mu apia Di gi aka nti. nwa anuofia. mkpi. your holiness you have never said anything in your life to calm your enemies' nerves.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:44am On Dec 20, 2013
cocoduck:
mechie gi onu ezi gi ahu. saboteur. onu gi ahu Di ka ike ewu. I na adi ka ihe eji achu nnunu na rice. a ga mu apia Di gi aka nti. nwa anuofia. mkpi. your holiness you have never said anything in your life to calm your enemies' nerves.

A lie is a lie. Why are you so bitter about the truth?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by chiboy429(m): 9:46am On Dec 20, 2013
All this people trying to fault Gej for no just reasons are as a result of laziness and idleness. Reading the statement critically there is no atom of certainty for his claims and there is no prerequsite to victimise him to look as a villain in your quest. It is not unconstitutional 2 go 4 a 2nd term ,remember Abacha wanted to be a live president if not for the supreme intervention of the creator ,as well as greedy Obj struggling for a 3rd term had it been there wasnt a quick rescue on the matter likewise so many other inconsiderate and cruel leaders we had,we have,and to have. So my point is that its a waste of time emitting our time and energy on this rather we should direct them to support and cooperate with him. There is no way you can go using back,so is time to join up.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by uchrikk(m): 9:46am On Dec 20, 2013
sluggers: Jonathan cannot be trusted. He needs to admit he said this before he gains the trust of Nigerians again. There is nothing wrong contesting for second term but you should fulfill your promises and let the country knows if you change your mind. Simple as ABC........

Most people are unnecessarily agitated. Jonathan denied signing any agreement which was the initial accusation. Now he is being forced to accept that he said he won't contest in 2105 even when he was yet declare his intention for said election. Will people allow him to work instead of distracting him unnecessarily?

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by anonimi: 9:47am On Dec 20, 2013
nationwide1: In as much as I don't respect the character of not keeping to one's word, change is the only permanent thing in life. Another conclusion is that GEJ must have said it under coercion. The only reason on earth he should not contest for second term is because he is a second class citizen.

Just the same mentality that led Umaru Dikko to inform MKO Abiola before the 1983 elections that it was not for sale!
Was Abiola's June 12, 1993 election not nullified
Those of us in the South have no rights in our own country as we are considered second class citizens.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: I'm not interested in whether you stick by your opinion or withdraw them as the case may be.

However. your flimsy excuse to questioning GEJ's credibility for a political statement he allegedly made for which Fashola and Adams Oshebaba also made but went on to contest and consequently won a second term for which they (Fashola and Adams) are doing just fine for their respective States.

I pray you let him off the hook on this very issue.

Just my take

If you go back to 2011 and dig, you'll discover that I didn't even support Rochas. I was of the opinion that since there was an agreement on zoning, then Okigwe should be left to complete their turn. However Rochas came on the platform of APGA which did not recognize zoning like PDP.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2013
Let me ask again: berem, abagworo, donphilopus, Yomieluv, AnanseK, AgbaMumu, DemMoron, DayoBigot and all you old and new Alausa boys/girls:

[size=14pt]Wetin concern agbero with overload?

What has GEJ contesting under PDP got to do with APC e-rats?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2013
This is harsh, he has absolute right to his personal opinion and being himself rather than one bunch of hypocrite that will say one thing and mean another and I fine with that.

cocoduck:

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2013
SeaGold:
BEREM, answer any of these three questions for me please: Are you married to a yoruba man? Have you converted to Islam? Are you on an APC payroll?
All of the above! cheesy tongue
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2013
anonimi:

Just the same mentality that led Umaru Dikko to inform MKO Abiola before the 1983 elections that it was not for sale!
Was Abiola's June 12, 1993 election not nullified
Those of us in the South have no rights in our own country as we are considered second class citizens.

I guess Obasanjo is from the North. Why are you people always about tribe and religion? Let us always be truthful and then we'll be free. If a Northerner had made same statements, he still cannot deny it.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:52am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007: Let me ask again: berem, abagworo, donphilopus, Yomieluv, AnanseK, AgbaMumu, DemMoron, DayoBigot and all you old and new Alausa boys/girls:

[size=14pt]Wetin concern agbero with overload?

What has GEJ contesting under PDP got to do with APC e-rats?[/size][size=14pt]

Hey! I'm not an APC member. Jonathan has rights to contest but he lied that he would not.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2013
I wonder what this igbo pdp people wil do if jonathan comes out 2014 and tell Nigerians he is not contesting for 2015. MANY WILL SURELY COMMIT SUCIDE OR BETTER STILL DRINK RAT POISON.
If pdp presidential is given to a northerner,what will igbo pdp do?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Elan83(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.
i luv men wit swt akumen lyk thee! Pls i've a plot of land in a choice area in enugu, any intersted psn shuld call me on 08032130179 pls its tru ok.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Hey! I'm not an APC member. Jonathan has rights to contest but he lied that he would not.

But you support Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by anonimi: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I guess Obasanjo is from the North. Why are you people always about tribe and religion? Let us always be truthful and then we'll be free. If a Northerner had made same statements, he still cannot deny it.

OBJoke, a bankrupt retired soldier, was recruited from Abacha's jail in 1998 and FINANCED by his northern sponsors to contest as a PACIFIER

in view of the planned murder of Abiola to resolve the logjam in the country since IBB's annulment of the 1993 elections.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2013
Tadon200: I wonder what this igbo pdp people wil do if jonathan comes out 2014 and tells Nigerians he is not contesting for 2015. MANY WILL SURELY COMMIT SUCIDE OR BETTER STILL DRINK RAT POISON.
If pdp presidential is given to a northerner,what will igbo pdp do?

Forget about tribe and zone. If PDP brings out a credible Northerner like Tambuwal, then they have chances but if they still bring out unpopular Northerner to foister on Nigerians, he'll receive the highest resistance.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2013
Since APC paid agents will not let us rest, let me show you this:

[size=13pt] I will never contest elections again - Buhari
[/size]
Published on Wednesday, 13 April 2011 16:48

Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd) has said that he will not seek any elective office again after Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Althoguh he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.

SOURCE

Yet the same APC bigots keep pushing Buhari that has been rejected 3 times!

8 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2013
I already know about your opinion on Rochas then and now but wanted you to see this issue under discussion as political statement (assuming the statement is correctly interpreted) and not a religious script on which morality and integrity is adjudged

Abagworo:

If you go back to 2011 and dig, you'll discover that I didn't even support Rochas. I was of the opinion that since there was an agreement on zoning, then Okigwe should be left to complete their turn. However Rochas came on the platform of APGA which did not recognize zoning like PDP.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 10:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: This is hash, he has absolute right to his personal opinion and being himself rather than one bunch of hypocrite that will say one thing and mean another and I fine with that.

If he wants to say things that he doesn't mean , he should please not say them publically. we want to trust our president as an honorable and serious person and not a joker who fibs in public.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by yorke1: 10:07am On Dec 20, 2013
No matter what means you people in APC try to discredit my President...OUR President till 2019 has failed. We the people are voicing out that we want him and God want him as well because the voice of the people is the voice of God.

APC are going about lobbying the same people they termed as corrupt in PDP to join their party and you as a right thinking/sane person want to trust them. You got to be kidding me! GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria so far in term of good leadership.

Those hungry for power at all cost old f00ls in APC should know that Nigerians are wiser than they thought. Anambra people have decided and they rejected APC. Come 2015 Nigerians are going to decide as well and your guess is as good as mine. We reject Buhari, we reject Tinubu and we reject APC!

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by bankyblue(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2013
we know all this things. it cant work. undecided
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2013
Reread the comment you quoted. You missed the flow and whom it was directed to.

AnanseK:

If he wants to say things that he doesn't mean , he should please not say them publically. we want to trust our president as an honorable and serious person and not a joker who fibs in public.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Forget about tribe and zone. If PDP brings out a credible Northerner like Tambuwal, then they have chances but if they still bring out unpopular Northerner to foister on Nigerians, he'll receive the highest resistance.
I have a feeling that pdp wil use jonathan as the rook;just like in a game of chess,to save pdp sinking ship.That pdp presidential ticket will go to a northerner.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: This is hash, he has absolute right to his personal opinion and being himself rather than one bunch of hypocrite that will say one thing and mean another and I fine with that.

" ..say one thing and mean another..." ? Are you speaking for Jona or against him? You are confused.

(and do you mean hash or harsh)
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2013
AnanseK:

Have you seen what Buhari said too?
Scroll up just a bit, yeah, that's it. See?

You didn't answer my question. Wetin concern you with whether GEJ contest for PDP?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 10:11am On Dec 20, 2013
The comment was directed to the forumite bashing Abagwaro and has nothing to do with GEJ

Sorry for the error I wanted to use harsh instead

AnanseK:

" ..say one thing and mean another..." ? Are you speaking for Jona or against him? You are confused.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Redhot111(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2013
barcanista: Wetin do Okrika people? Id*ot
so u wan knw wetin do Okirika pple abi? So u neva hear say na dia women dey always control dia husbands? It is dia culture n blief dat d woman controls d man so dey go any length in achieving dis. No wonder Jona don turn robot 4 dat okirika woman hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hashim Suleiman: Ganduje’s Aide Resigns Over His Refusal To Concede Defeat / There Are Conflicting Letters From CSU On Tinubu’s Certificate - Justice Okoro / Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.