Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (51134 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date A Guy Who Won't Have Sex Until Marriage? / Famous People Who Waited Until Marriage To Lose Their Virginity / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by scarred9jan(m): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
MAURI:

What a whole load of crap!!

So people who make the conscious choice not to marry because they have a different outlook on life concerning marriage, should never have sex?

Even when it involves two consenting adults?

It is either you love a person for who that person is or you don't. The person’ past notwithstanding! We all have a past. The most precious thing in any union / relationship is the individual’s well-being and happiness!! In the event you "think" that the core determinant of you loving a person is majorly based on whether that person has had previous sexual interactions or not, you should ask yourself if you REALLY love that person!

Bro.. Thank you ohh.. Abeg help me tell them. I fall into the first category, the non marrying.. So I shouldn't have sex anymore?

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by BornAgainChild: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Noted
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Smily202(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
Mainly ppl shouting #Team_Virgin....99% r not.....Just come Nairaland dey form virgin.......God is watching u......
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by yinkavelli(m): 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: See BEEF thread undecided am sure this is wat the ladies wana hear embarassed anyways its a free world, " ON TESTING BEFORE MARRIAGE I STAND" tongue

Some men will UnCloth their wife on the wedding night and start weeping...cos thats wen they wud realize that wat they married is counterfeit

your stand point is understandable but unacceptable. I will not say much, but i pray you will get married one day and God will bless you with a beautiful daughter, and you will live long to watch her get ripe. then the world would watch you and your ''ON TESTING BEFORE MARRIAGE I STAND" tongue philosophy. all man for himself, God for us all.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by adeyrule(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
No pre marital sex nd no pre marital money b dat,una chop winch ni,girls sha dey knws hw to empty ya pocket bt mk dem open leg nw dem com dey preach,mk una ja danu
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Akuneshiobike(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
poshpimkiey: Virginity is a way of life. It is a choice,a virtue and not lack of opportunity.
Are u a virgin? Com lets examine u & see if dat place would nt be express road wit no single gallop. Nonsense!!
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by buoye1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2013
I wish I can stay......God help me......AMEN

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by bolinchin: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=born_to_be_gr8t" ON TESTING BEFORE MARRIAGE I STAND"
Some men will UnCloth their wife on the wedding night and start weeping...cos thats wen they wud realize that wat they married is counterfeit [/quote] and how can you guarantee the durability,stabilty and longevity of so called tested original products.Dont forget that with technology Girls fake tight vagina,mask foul vagina odour,pretend to be satisfied when they arent and that spirit husbands may delay manifestation till after ur marriage.common guy if you are as sharp as you think u are,then kip this at the back of your mind
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by xavier3(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
Until recently I used to be all for pre-marital sex till i observed that most ladies do it to please their men but they are uncomfortable about it and they do not really enjoy it to the max as they would under wedlock and end up worrying about a lot while hiding under nervous smiles until their next menses.

This is the same reason why ladies who sex-up in relationships tone it down in marriage and guys end up complaining about not getting any. If you have all the sex and styles in the world right now then whats left for the remaining years of marriage and that is why some married couples will complain about boring sexlife and the chemistry not being right anymore.

If you have a gf who has no problems with pre-marital sex then lucky you; if it happens shes against it but it happens per say on a day she comes visiting with chemistry and biology on your side then no crime in that; but if her stand is strong, then do not pester her just try to respect her wishes and wait even though its hard. Because sex pestering can be a turn off in relationships.

So right now as a repentant Don-Pester.....im chilling with my bottles of henny and waiting till we say I do. If chemistry and biology comes in play one day then no qualms. Its gonna be hard but i wana respect her feelings on this sensitive issue as sex isnt everything in a relationship
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by xp17(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
xp17: personally I don't believe in marriage, becos its sucks in d coast I live at. All I want is a friend that we gonna live together forever.(without marriage story)

@ op STD's is not contacted as a result numerous sex partners only, it only take one person to transmit the dreaded virus to d next person, d rest na jara. That's all.
You can change partners like a chameleon, yet be free more so, you could stick to a partner and still contact it, even after marriage .as good men becomes bad, likewise to ladies.

Na God dey protect
I no holy pass ppl wey get AIDS
seriously, d easiest way to know a woman secret is immediately u just finish having sex with her. She can tell u all her past at that moment.
From personal experiences tough.

Sex is overrated, if all ur partner can input in relationship is sex , bros/madam u better run for ur life sake.

I always tell ladies , if u think it all abt sex, I would no bother myself going dis long adventures, i rather patronize a sex worker for a lesser pay, lesser hassle, but with wilder experience.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Testing of gadgets u bought should wait, too, after payment. Ok. I can hear u. 'why liken a gadget to human being?' what if there was sumtin wrong with her? She wud hav scammed u. Guy, open ur eye
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
I've recently joined Nairaland and I really don't understand the obsession with virginity. Some people are virgins, others aren't. If you want a virgin, you better ask your dates up front. Plus, why does it matter to you and how will you know?

Some virgins, do not bleed when they have sex for the first time.

Some people get their hymens sewn up.

Those that want to be virgins, fine, but there is no need to demonise those who make a RESPONSIBLE CHOICE not to wait until marriage. Some people don't even believe in marriage. I don't. It's not my goal in life to get married.

I have a great understanding of my body and it is only NATURAL for me to have sex and to want to have sex. I don't sleep with anyone and anybody.

Having sex is NOT an immoral act, it is a 'sinful' act for Christians, Muslims and religious groups who are against fornication. If you are talking about how sex is procured, such as rape, then yes, in those cases it can be considered an immoral act.

I for one follow no religious creed and I have no qualms with participating with pre-marital sex. I am 24. I haven't had a pregnancy scare, I test myself regularly, if I am in a long term relationship where no condoms may not be used, I take contraceptive precautions, not the morning after pill, long term ones.

You dating a virgin, let alone marrying one, doesn't guarantee you won't catch an STD. There are 'virgins' who haven't been penetrated, but sure know how to use their mouths and other 'rites' of passage.

I hear there is a high risk of cheating Nigerian men who tend to wander. You getting married doesn't guarantee you'll be protected from an STD.

Also to the guys that want virgins, because it tends to be the guys who demand these requirements.

Are you a virgin? Have you considered the virgin who doesn't want to marry a virgin, or a virgin who doesn't want to marry a non-virgin?

This idea that you have some unbreakable bond between your sexual partner or partners is not true. However, I do suggest avoiding having sex as a sport. It is an intimate act and you should do it with whoever you feel is worthy of your body. Whoever you lay down is your choice and you should take your time to get to know a person first. You getting married and having sex with a virgin, doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, it's the character of the person that counts. I would rather have 3 successful longterm relationships than one long drawn out miserable marriage. People are intelligent and advanced enough to know what works for them. Be honest with yourself.

Christianity/Judaism is an evolving religion, before there was no marraige, then it was sleep with your sisters and brothers to procreate, then it was have several wives, now it is have one wife. Islam is a young religion, I respect the Quaran for historical purposes but after that, I'm done. I'd rather listen to what the traditional African religions have to say first about pre-marital sex than a borrowed faith/ in fact a faith that was forced upon us.

However, things do happen, just make sure you protect yourself.

Also there is no such thing as illegitimate children. If a child is meant to be born, that child will be born and every respectful father and mother will claim that child. There are also mothers who loose their partners, does that mean they are incapable of being a good parent to their children. My father died when I was younger. I am fine, I do not have any psychological problems and in fact my mother has done a better job than families who have both their mothers and fathers.

Just because you have pre-marital sex and you get pregnant does not mean it is the end of the world. This life is so imperfect, if it's not a surprise child, it will be something else.

My post is not for religious bigots but possibly a young guy or girl, who's considering having sex and is being told to sit down and read a bible. That's not going to help. At least know what your options are. If you want to wait fine, if you don't want to, that's fine also. There is nothing wrong with you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmm.. Very good badt guys and very good badt girls.. Issorite grin
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by thymedcurry(f): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
Virginity doesn't make a good wife...
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by teemy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
very nice to see minds speaking up. in our world of today, one has to accept that you could meet a virgin or non virgin partner and their status should not be a reason to persecute them. if you can't bear it, just move on rather than create problems
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by teemy(m): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
i see nothing but wickedness and selfishness in someone that tells a non virgin partner trying to go straight they must compulsorily sample. good stores have guarantee of their products and don't allow opening seals. respect ur partners as humans
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by teemy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
don't make your partner suffer more for mistakes of the past but rather help him/her leap over and make a fresh start together in love, truthfulness and sincere commitment. God on your sides, you guys will be glad you forgave and sweet future stories
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Princessderaa(f): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
am lifted wit dix post...all tnx 2 de op,u re soo on point especially de virginity part

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Princessderaa(f): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
tnx 2 de op,am lifted wit dix ur post especially de virginity part..kisses

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by enigmatique(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
buoye1: I wish I can stay......God help me......AMEN
My guy, you can do it. By God's grace and your personal determination, you can surely get there. However, your statement sounds like that of someone under pressure. If I am right, whatever is the source of that pressure, you must eliminate it. Whether it's friends, neighbors, relatives or classmates, make sure you eliminate that pressure. Read Prov. 11:31 for the the real story. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Nnamdikko(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
poshpimkiey: Virginity is a way of life. It is a choice,a virtue and not lack of opportunity.
nairaland needs more ppl like u. Nice comment!
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by teemy(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
eliminating anything that can sexually turn you on from around you would certainly go a long way in helping you keep your resolution to stay chaste. avoiding over privacy, dark places, inciting environments. y'know the works that weakens you

2 Likes

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Loviho: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
This thread remind me of my girl friend who never allow me to have sex with her, ''she said i can only f*ck her if i marry her'',but if i marry her and later she is not virgin as claim ,what do you think divorce hahahahah op ur topic sweet die
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by ddippset(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
Havilah93: In response to this thread created some days ago

https://www.nairaland.com/1561369/guyz-dont-ever-marry-girl

1. Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly

Like atomic power, sex is the most powerful creative force given to man. When atomic power is used correctly it can create boundless energy; when it is used in the wrong way it destroys life. Sex is the same kind of powerful force. Sex is a gift from God to give us the greatest pleasure, to help in creating a deep companionship with one's spouse and for procreation of the next generation. But if you play with this powerful force outside the bounds of marriage, it destroys you and those close to you.

2. Sexual activity for young people arrests their psychological, social and academic development. Studies show that when young people engage in premarital sex, their academic performance declines and their social relationships with family and friends deteriorate. This is because adolescents are too immature to deal with the explosive sex drive and it tends to dominate their life.

3. The majority of women cannot enjoy sex outside of the bonds of marriage. The development of a fulfilling sex life needs the security and peace of the marriage bond. Premarital sex usually takes place sneaking around in hidden places dealing with the fear of being caught, the fear of pregnancy and feelings of guilt. All these (worrisome) factors undermine pleasure in premarital sex, most especially for women.

4. Virginity is to be given to the most important person in your life, the person you committed yourself to stay with forever in marriage Your virginity is the most precious thing you have to give to your spouse. Once you lose it, nothing in the world can bring it back. Don't lose something so precious in a thoughtless way.

5. Those who engage in premarital sex run a high risk of contracting one of the many venereal diseases rampant today, as well as losing their fertility. Not just AIDS, but other common disfiguring diseases like herpes have no cure.

6. Some venereal diseases have no symptoms and many couples discover many years later that they became infertile because of these diseases. Infertility experts estimate that 80% of today's infertility is due to venereal diseases contracted before they married.

7. The best and only method that guarantees 100% against AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases is to wait for marriage to have sex and maintain fidelity in your marriage.

8. Premarital sex breaks the 10 Commandments given by God. The 10 Commandments are given to man by God to make man happy. They are not outdated and they are not restrictive. If we follow these laws, we can create happy and prosperous lives. If we don't follow them, we will pay a heavy price in divorce, disease, abortions, illegitimate children and loneliness. Modern men make a big mistake when they think that they can break these eternal laws and not suffer consequences.

9. Premarital sex runs the risk of conceiving illegitimate children. Numerous scientific studies show that the children of single mothers suffer psychologically and are less successful socially and academically than children from intact families. Above all, children need both their father and their mother. It is wrong to risk having children who will never have their father's love, protection and care.

10. If you date and you don't have sex, you can forget about that relationship when you stop dating. But if you have sex with those you date and then break up, the nature of sexual involvement creates strong, often unpleasant memories for your whole life. Every relationship you break up where you had intimate relations is like a mini-divorce. The psychological difficulties of these mini-divorces does damage to your character. Later, when you are married and go to bed with your beloved spouse, these unpleasant memories will accompany you.

http://www.unification.net/tfv/tenreasons.html

True love waits. If a boy or girl truly loves you, they will want the best for you angry

the bolded is good if the girl is independent financially. not for a guy to keep spending his cash on her and after 3 years of that, she tells him she wants a break. i have witnessed this over and over again.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by teemy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Loviho: ... my girl friend who never allow me to have sex with her, ''she said i can only f*ck her if i marry her'',but if i marry her and later she is not virgin as claim ,what do you think divorce
go for medical examinations.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Jimmyo3(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: See BEEF thread undecided am sure this is wat the ladies wana hear embarassed anyways its a free world, " ON TESTING BEFORE MARRIAGE I STAND" tongue

Some men will UnCloth their wife on the wedding night and start weeping...cos thats wen they wud realize that wat they married is counterfeit
...Then u r notin but a devil.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Seunl1: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
~™

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by FarmTech(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
toshmann: Truth be say, most of those screaming s3x after marriage don screw tire without wedding ring. Hipocrisy no be new thing grin

Instead of s3x after marriage lets be realistic and preach safe s3x or single s3x partner and eschew promiscuity and lasciviousness cool
which religi ion are u?
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by tosinisrael5678(m): 3:08am On Dec 23, 2013
Gud job....some shallow minded pple wil criticise dis...
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by tintingz(m): 6:17am On Dec 23, 2013
unmask: Wrong analogy, atomic bombs cause destruction, whether they are used well or not...
True, but have you heard about STD what about the baby mamas...lack of sexx control and protection.

wrong again. In school the best students in my class, had sexually active lives
LOL, yeah there are best student among the sex active student but you can't compare them with geeks cuz many of them don't sleep around with girls infact they don't keep girl friends. grin ask the bill gate grin

It's called the thrill of living on the wild side. It is sweeter when it is dangerous
There is nothing sweet when something is dangerous, name any dangerous activity that's sweet undecided

Are you the contestant or the viewer?

What is your advice to those that lost theirs through non-sexual means, e.g sports?
There case is different, note there punanee still gonna be tight. grin

A child is a child, or is it no longer a gift from above?

Yeah, a child is a child but some people tag a child different kind of names eg bastards? if you are encouraging baby mamas to the youths sorry it is not the best advice it is better they are married or ready and have their babies(except you follow the feminist ideology) instead of having unwanted pregnancy, many baby mamas are regretting till date.
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by tintingz(m): 6:22am On Dec 23, 2013
bisiopinion: I've recently joined Nairaland and I really don't understand the obsession with virginity. Some people are virgins, others aren't. If you want a virgin, you better ask your dates up front. Plus, why does it matter to you and how will you know?

Some virgins, do not bleed when they have sex for the first time.

Some people get their hymens sewn up.

Those that want to be virgins, fine, but there is no need to demonise those who make a RESPONSIBLE CHOICE not to wait until marriage. Some people don't even believe in marriage. I don't. It's not my goal in life to get married.

I have a great understanding of my body and it is only NATURAL for me to have sex and to want to have sex. I don't sleep with anyone and anybody.

Having sex is NOT an immoral act, it is a 'sinful' act for Christians, Muslims and religious groups who are against fornication. If you are talking about how sex is procured, such as rape, then yes, in those cases it can be considered an immoral act.

I for one follow no religious creed and I have no qualms with participating with pre-marital sex. I am 24. I haven't had a pregnancy scare, I test myself regularly, if I am in a long term relationship where no condoms may not be used, I take contraceptive precautions, not the morning after pill, long term ones.

You dating a virgin, let alone marrying one, doesn't guarantee you won't catch an STD. There are 'virgins' who haven't been penetrated, but sure know how to use their mouths and other 'rites' of passage.

I hear there is a high risk of cheating Nigerian men who tend to wander. You getting married doesn't guarantee you'll be protected from an STD.

Also to the guys that want virgins, because it tends to be the guys who demand these requirements.

Are you a virgin? Have you considered the virgin who doesn't want to marry a virgin, or a virgin who doesn't want to marry a non-virgin?

This idea that you have some unbreakable bond between your sexual partner or partners is not true. However, I do suggest avoiding having sex as a sport. It is an intimate act and you should do it with whoever you feel is worthy of your body. Whoever you lay down is your choice and you should take your time to get to know a person first. You getting married and having sex with a virgin, doesn't guarantee a happy marriage, it's the character of the person that counts. I would rather have 3 successful longterm relationships than one long drawn out miserable marriage. People are intelligent and advanced enough to know what works for them. Be honest with yourself.

Christianity/Judaism is an evolving religion, before there was no marraige, then it was sleep with your sisters and brothers to procreate, then it was have several wives, now it is have one wife. Islam is a young religion, I respect the Quaran for historical purposes but after that, I'm done. I'd rather listen to what the traditional African religions have to say first about pre-marital sex than a borrowed faith/ in fact a faith that was forced upon us.

However, things do happen, just make sure you protect yourself.

Also there is no such thing as illegitimate children. If a child is meant to be born, that child will be born and every respectful father and mother will claim that child. There are also mothers who loose their partners, does that mean they are incapable of being a good parent to their children. My father died when I was younger. I am fine, I do not have any psychological problems and in fact my mother has done a better job than families who have both their mothers and fathers.

Just because you have pre-marital sex and you get pregnant does not mean it is the end of the world. This life is so imperfect, if it's not a surprise child, it will be something else.

My post is not for religious bigots but possibly a young guy or girl, who's considering having sex and is being told to sit down and read a bible. That's not going to help. At least know what your options are. If you want to wait fine, if you don't want to, that's fine also. There is nothing wrong with you.

Are you a feminist? undecided
Re: Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage by Whitecoal711: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Date My Sister's House Help? / What's Up With Some Guys And Under Age Girls?! / If You Have Ever Slept In A Room With Two People Having Sex, Please Kindly Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.