Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President (20733 Views)

The Biafra First Lady Uchechi Okwu Kanu Celebrates Her Birthday-pics / President Jonathan Wooed Abdulsalam Abubakar For Interim Government / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
kettykin: Please those advocates for
Biafra should realise that as soon as biafra is realised with or without ijaws nigeria is finished, Nigeria is a giant in name and what makes nigeria a power in and out of Africa is the biafran factor in Nigeria
Can you prove your point that Nigeria is finished when Biafra leaves? Start making sensible comment and quit just typing rubbish because you want to get "likes."

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by aventura: 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
The reason why Biafra can never happen is the same reason why Yakubu Gowon did nit allow murtala to secede with north
thesame reason why awo refused to join Biafra
thesame reason why the ijaws and ikerres did not support Biafra.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Chamackh(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2013
Segeggs: then why do you ungrateful lots claim marginalization?
Ungrateful to who biko?
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2013
In the First Republic government of the late Tafawa Balewa, there were 12 Hausa-led NPC ministers and 11 Igbo-led NCNC ministers,still yet you want more to dominate everybody

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2013
The commanders of the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, Immigration as well as the Police chiefs were all from the East. Also the vice chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Dike, was from the East ,the vice chancellor of the University of Lagos Professor, Eni Njoku, was from the East. still yet they want to dominate.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by cashkid18(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
why do non biafrans always feel threatned wen eva d issue of biafran's secession is raised.a thread was opened abt biafra n some folks who are non biafrans hv already flooded it wit some nonsense even wen d so called biafrans hav kept quite sad sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Chamackh(m): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
Why are some people afraid whenever BIAFRA is mentioned?
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
cashkid18: why do non biafrans always feel threatned wen eva d issue of biafran's secession is raised.a thread was opened abt biafra n some folks who are non biafrans hv already flooded it wit some nonsense even wen d so called biafrans hav kept quite sad sad sad

Does it make sense again ,instead of unity you continue to preach hate
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by SQURA(f): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
now i know its possible people fantasize from their hanus.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by cashkid18(m): 5:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
olas24u:

Does it make sense again ,instead of unity you continue to preach hate
why shud i preach unity in a country wia some pple feels dt nig is their father's property.
Some are seen as ist class citizens while odas are relegated to 2nd class citizens
some are born to rule while others are born to b slaves.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
Chamackh: Why are some people afraid whenever BIAFRA is mentioned?

This people claimed that Lagos is no man,s land my for fathers ancestral land .Can you imagine does kind of statements.How do expect SS to trust you people
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
cashkid18: why shud i preach unity in a country wia some pple feels dt nig is their father's property.
Some are seen as ist class citizens while odas are relegated to 2nd class citizens

It is the system not the tribes,if you correct the system you will have a good country

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
In the spirit of attache by force they added SS to it

Why are you scared of staying on your own in your own Ibo country
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
olas24u:

It is the system not the tribes,if you correct the system you will have a good country
MUST we be in the same country?
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2013
cashkid18: why shud i preach unity in a country wia some pple feels dt nig is their father's property.
Are you an osu ibo or free born ibo?
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: MUST we be in the same country?
Not anymore. All ibos must go back to alaibo!
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Chamackh: Why are some people afraid whenever BIAFRA is mentioned?
Nobody is afraid of Biafra. It is dead. Those championing it are confused because they the same people that want a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Your politicians have damaged you guys.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by tochukwuifeduba: 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Igbos mobilizing in China for Biafra

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Nobody is afraid of Biafra. It is dead. Those championing it are confused because they the same people that want a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.

It will never work out ,this people cannot conduct them selves ,just look at Anambra ,since the start of 3rd and 4th republic they have not been able to conduct an election without any problems.check out the latest election full rigging by deliberating delaying election materials and dividing the people and calling APC yoruba party to confuse the people
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by cashkid18(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
lakhadimar: Are you an osu ibo or free born ibo?
ode!!everybody knws dt today is xmas bt dt does nt guarantee dt u shud drink urself to stupor n cums online to show dt u ar drunk by askin useless questions..
Meanwhile,i dont entertain questions frm drunkards n if u dare quote me again,amadioha wil strangle ur akpa amu gi there sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by Ddynamics: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
I dey laf ooo...
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by phase1: 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
dayokanu: In the spirit of attache by force they added SS to it

Why are you scared of staying on your own in your own Ibo country

Maybe it's because there are Igbos in Igbo-etche,Rivers state..in Asaba (Massob has a strong base there), people like Nzeogwu and Achuzia are from there.... Have you exorcised this people from the SS or are you just playing ostrich

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
phase1:

Maybe it's because there are Igbos in Igbo-etche,Rivers state..in Asaba (Massob has a strong base there), people like Nzeogwu and Achuzia are from there.... Have you exorcised this people from the SS or are you just playing ostrich

They even tried as much as possible to deny Achuzia a place in history after all what he did for them,How do you think the man will feel Now,I dont think he fight like before again because they would have been having problems today if it had happened
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by citizenY(m): 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
All hail the Mandela of Biafra!!!!! GEJ na you biko,!!!!!
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by phase1: 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
olas24u:

They even tried as much as possible to deny Achuzia a place in history after all what he did for them,How do you think the man will feel Now,I dont think he fight like before again because they would have been having problems today if it had happened

pls elucidate. I'm hearing this for the first time. Oya try the divide and rule, let's see if it will work.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
re you saying you were the one that handed over Biafra to the federal side?
Yes.
But many believe that General Philip Effiong handed over Biafra to General Olusegun Obasanjo. Is that not correct?
No, it is a mistake that many people are not aware of up till today. I was the one who handed over Biafra to Obasanjo and Bisala. Effiong’s role was going to Lagos to meet General Yakubu Gowon with some of our Biafran officers. And also reading the script which I prepared. I planned it that they should start from 9a.m. announcing that we had sent emissaries to the war fronts to meet Nigerian commanders so that everybody should lay down their weapons. That speech that we prepared was given to Effiong to read because if I should do that, the Nigerian side will misinterpret it that possibly there was a coup in Biafra. So, to avoid that misinterpretation, we had to ask Effiong to read it. Because when Odumegwu-Ojukwu was leaving, he specifically told Effiong to represent him, while my job was to take care of the Army. I was the person in charge of the Biafran Armed Forces. So, I was the one that actually handed over Biafra and not Effiong. Again, when the war ended, I was very visible. For instance, all the documents that Danjuma said that Gowon requested that I should sign, I signed them all. These included when Danjuma said that Gown asked that I should prepare a document of what I would like to do. I did all that and part of that document was what later led to the establishment of PRODA in Enugu. I also reported at the Board of Inquiry headed by the then General Adeyinka Adebayo. There I was told that one of the reasons why I was being detained was for the protection of my life. But I asked them, ‘Protection against who?’ Well, they said that so many people were against me, especially the way I ended the war. So, for tempers to cool, according to them, I was kept in detention for seven years. But for me, I have always said that I don’t have any regrets over the war. Beside, I owe it as a moral duty to those whom I led through the war, especially with their situation today. They have not been compensated.
Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by docsholz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
I pray d igbos get their precious biafra so we'll hear word, feb 2014 is almost here

1 Like

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by phase1: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
olas24u: re you saying you were the one that handed over Biafra to the federal side?
Yes.
But many believe that General Philip Effiong handed over Biafra to General Olusegun Obasanjo. Is that not correct?
No, it is a mistake that many people are not aware of up till today. I was the one who handed over Biafra to Obasanjo and Bisala. Effiong’s role was going to Lagos to meet General Yakubu Gowon with some of our Biafran officers. And also reading the script which I prepared. I planned it that they should start from 9a.m. announcing that we had sent emissaries to the war fronts to meet Nigerian commanders so that everybody should lay down their weapons. That speech that we prepared was given to Effiong to read because if I should do that, the Nigerian side will misinterpret it that possibly there was a coup in Biafra. So, to avoid that misinterpretation, we had to ask Effiong to read it. Because when Odumegwu-Ojukwu was leaving, he specifically told Effiong to represent him, while my job was to take care of the Army. I was the person in charge of the Biafran Armed Forces. So, I was the one that actually handed over Biafra and not Effiong. Again, when the war ended, I was very visible. For instance, all the documents that Danjuma said that Gowon requested that I should sign, I signed them all. These included when Danjuma said that Gown asked that I should prepare a document of what I would like to do. I did all that and part of that document was what later led to the establishment of PRODA in Enugu. I also reported at the Board of Inquiry headed by the then General Adeyinka Adebayo. There I was told that one of the reasons why I was being detained was for the protection of my life. But I asked them, ‘Protection against who?’ Well, they said that so many people were against me, especially the way I ended the war. So, for tempers to cool, according to them, I was kept in detention for seven years. But for me, I have always said that I don’t have any regrets over the war. Beside, I owe it as a moral duty to those whom I led through the war, especially with their situation today. They have not been compensated.

I read the paper too, in that paper he was trying to prove that Biafra didn't surrender to Nigeria, rather there was an agreement which he championed and from his point of view, he also insinuated that he could have continued the war with guerrilla tactics against the federal side. He did not say he was angered by anybody.
Madam, i didn't see anywhere he denounced his allegiance to Biafra or his status as an Ohaneze chieftain in that newspaper.
Next lie in waiting----'Nzeogwu denounces his Igbo root from heaven'.
Barakatu....Stop cooking lies...it Xmas grin

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by tochukwuifeduba: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jonathan the first President of Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President by olas24u(f): 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
doc sholz: I pray d igbos get their precious biafra so we'll hear word, feb 2014 is almost here

There will be cross border crimes which will create insecurity,they are landlocked if some places dont accept to join them,so they will pay more in taxes to get goods to their place ,so whats the point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Reception For Enugu Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi In Nsukka (photos) / El-rufai On A Condolence Visit To Shehu Sani who lost his mother / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.