Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? (7960 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / If We Are To Reclaim The Futureā€¦ / Is It Possible For Pdp To Reclaim The South West In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Your disputing my position is not because you have any fact but because you have been told Ikwerre are not Ibo. Even if they are, they deny it and don't want to be associated with the SE.
What matters here is one's ethnic group, and not necessarily his state or geo-political zone. On May 27th Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State garthered all Yoruba traditional rulers from the SW, Benin Republic, Togo, Kogi and Kwara states. They all spoke Yoruba.
Thats the difference between you and us. We and the likes if Efik, Ibibio are the only genuine indeginous people Nigeria, we are not found in Chile or Zambia, only in that territory called Biafraland. So no need for Rauf kind of meetings. Don't get me started on where your Fulani partners came from.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Eziachi: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin looool. I wonder why you people are paying these Igbos so much attention

Remember they have made similar remarks on lagos, koi and ondo so now it's kwara's turn so what's new
I knew you are from Kwara, what are you, coloniser or colonised?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: Olorun! So you knew such a fact? Well, where I came from, it was done by no Oyibo constitution but by two Yorubas called Obasanjo and Ayo Irikife and they called it boundary adjustment. Bro we are in the same boat.
You are not making any sense. What fact are you talking about?
On OBJ and Irikife, I will only ask, where are you from?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eziachi: I knew you are from Kwara, what are you, coloniser or colonised?

Are you this dumb?

Is Kwara a tribe?

What kind of education do they give you guys in SE?
At the end of the day, you paid to learn rubbish.

Is Kwara a tribe in alaigbo? Is that what your olodo teacher taught olodo raise to power 100 student like you.

Everyone has been telling Kwara is not a tribe and you are still busy ejaculat1ng?

By the way, go and claim your papa's house and streets with okrikas and leave ilorin's matter for Matthias.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
superstar1:

Are you this dumb?

Is Kwara a tribe?

What kind of education do they give you guys in SE?
At the end of the day, you paid to learn rubbish.

Is Kwara a tribe in alaigbo? Is that what your olodo teacher taught olodo raise to power 100 student like you.

Everyone has been telling Kwara is not a tribe and you are still busy ejaculat1ng?

By the way, go and claim your papa's house and streets with okrikas and leave ilorin's matter for Matthias.
Eziachi is representing DeludedGull today. They say rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by ecosanders: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
As d emir pointed out, d ilorin ppl are descendant of Danfodio, so wat is there to reclaim, abi u want them to start killing each other ni u flat heads?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by superstar1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Eziachi is representing DeludedGull today. They say rubbish.

No wonder. Senility is a bad thing sha. Comes with amnesia.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Alexbond(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Mzsolex: who care's 'bout the language spoken, what am saying is Kwara is a nothern state. answer this question, why is the title of your king referred 2 as 'Emir' and not 'Oba' and 'shue' instead of 'kabiyesi' just like other yoruba lands. Ilorin particularly is sold-out, igbominans and other towns are still better.
guy emir is a religious title
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by tonytony208(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
KIRIJI: Kwara state which has ilorin as its capital occupies
36,825kilometersquare(14,218squaremiles), A size thrice as large as the
entire iboland put together. Kwara state is a cosmopolitan state with
yorubas as the primary ethnic group and a significant number of Nupe and
Bariba minorities. Ilorin is in the firm grip of the Yoruba's and the
presence of the fulani's is incosequential except in the religious and
monarchical circles

but dont forget that the traditional ruler is a fulani man. How does that correlate with ur writ?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 30, 2013
ecosanders: As d emir pointed out, d ilorin ppl are descendant of Danfodio, so wat is there to reclaim, abi u want them to start killing each other ni u flat heads?
The Lagos monarch is linked to the Benin royal stool. The obanikoro's, Eletu odibo's and other King makers in Lagos are descendants of benin chiefs. Does that make Lagos a benin Tributary?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by OreMI22: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2013
Ilorin is gone forever. It belongs to our past now. The only way to reclaim it is by war.

2 Likes

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2013
jerseyboy:

Benin kingdom established Lagos as a war camp and named it Eko when it was sparsely populated and did not depose any ruling monarch as there were none. Ilorin is different. A ruling Yoruba dynasty seem to be deposed forever.
Ilorin never had an existing ruling monarch before afonja's rebellion. Ilorin was built by Laderin afonja's greatgrand father and it was a war oupost of the imperial oyo empire where the oyo army garrisoned. Afonja subsequently proclaimed independence over it after his rebellion against alaafin aole. Ilorin is a yoruba word which means Iron smelting
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2013
Ore_MI_22: Ilorin is gone forever. It belongs to our past now. The only way to reclaim it is by war.
Another ignorant flatheaded dolt
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by eggheaders(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by aljharem(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Eziachi: I knew you are from Kwara, what are you, coloniser or colonised?
. The colonized sir lol. I really don't expect them to be paying attention to the thread. We shall see once nigeria breaks up
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
seanet02:
Your penchant for irr
elevant ediocy is heartbreaking. You have been cemented in eternal folly.

FORK YOU 2 FORK YOUR PEOPLE . THIS WEBSITE WILL COME DOWN I SWEAR . U.S CONGRESS MAN IS WATCHING THIS EVIL BULLYING WEBSITE , NAIRALAND TRIBAL RACIST SITE . JUST TAKE NOTE YOU AFAM4EVER
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
geeez: Because you have an Eze in Lagos and Ogun, means the states are part of Igboland?

The population of Ilorin is mostly Yoruba

Yorubas never lost Ilorin because they've always lived there and still do

The governors have always been Yoruba so the city is politically and culturally Yoruba

Besides how does the ownership of Ilorin concern you?

Now my question, will Igbos ever reclaim the SE from the Erosion goddess

FORK YOUR EVIL TRIBE .
U.S CONGRESS WILL BE WATCHING THIS WEBSITE FROM THIS NAIRALAND . BULLYING WEBSITE . WE GONNA START THE CAMPAIGN TO CLOSE THIS WEBSITE I SWEAR . WE WILL TAKE NAIRALAND DOWN . AND ARREST SEUN OSEWA IF HE VENTURE STEP INSIDE UNITED STATE .
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
I WILL FOOT THE BILL AND CAMPAIGN TO CLOSE NAIRALAND HERE IN UNITED STATE . BULLYING WEBSITE .
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
alj harem: . The colonized sir lol. I really don't expect them to be paying attention to the thread. We shall see once nigeria breaks up

IDIOT
DO YOU THINK ,YOU CAN HIDE BEHIND AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY AND USE TO BULLY PEOPLE IN AFRICA ? just like your heartless corrupt people . answer this question AFAM4EVER ?

U.S CONGRESS WILL BE WATCHING FULL TIME FROM NOW . THIS WEB SITE WILL BE INVESTIGATED AND WATCH BY ALL U.S SECURITY DEPARTMENT . Don't wake unconcern innocent people in AMERICA .This website Nairaland will be athing of the past ,can you bet ?
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by stevecantrell: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by aljharem(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
TRIBAL STOOGE:

IDIOT
DO YOU THINK ,YOU CAN HIDE BEHIND AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY AND USE TO BULLY PEOPLE IN AFRICA ? just like your heartless corrupt people . answer this question AFAM4EVER ?

U.S CONGRESS WILL BE WATCHING FULL TIME FROM NOW . THIS WEB SITE WILL BE INVESTIGATED AND WATCH BY ALL U.S SECURITY DEPARTMENT . Don't wake unconcern innocent people in AMERICA .This website Nairaland will be athing of the past ,can you bet ?
sad shocked cool shocked grin cheesy angry grin
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
One day is gonna be one day when the World is gonna be fused into one Global Village ......

What's the big deal Negroes if Fulani Metamorphosed into Yoruba controls Ilorin .... !

Emir of Ilorin bears ''Kolapo'' infact most Fulanis descendants in Ilorin are Yoruba, now, due to very long assimilation and association !!

The Baloguns(cabinet chiefs/Ministers) in Ilorin are :

Balogun Ajikobi = Yoruba Heritage !

Balogun Alanamu = Yoruba Heritage !

Balogun Fulani = Fulani heritage but has metamorphosed into Yoruba ....... They speak,great,hold meeting,hold conversations in Yoruba !

Balogun Gambari = The Gambaris maybe Hausas (I aint sure ) !!

I can authoritatively assured you that Emir of Ilorin requested for his food this morning in Yoruba Language e.g E ba n so fun pe mo ti fe Jeun Fa! grin

Religious rites are always held in Yoruba !!

I'm a Yoruba man and I don't think there would nor should be Leadership tussle in Ilorin .......... Ilorin should better be used as window to buttressed economic activities between Yorubas and Hausas based on Mutual Respect !!

While Benin and Kogi should be the gateway to maintain economic Integration with East and NigerDelta respectively !!

We are ONE ::::::: GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA !!

1 Like

Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by aljharem(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
donroxy: One day is gonna be one day when the World is gonna be fused into one Global Village ......

What's the big deal Negroes if Fulani Metamorphosed into Yoruba controls Ilorin .... !

Emir of Ilorin bears ''Kolapo'' infact most Fulanis descendants in Ilorin are Yoruba, now, due to very long assimilation and association !!

The Baloguns(cabinet chiefs/Ministers) in Ilorin are :

Balogun Ajikobi = Yoruba Heritage !

Balogun Alanamu = Yoruba Heritage !

Balogun Fulani = Fulani heritage but has metamorphosed into Yoruba ....... They speak,great,hold meeting,hold conversations in Yoruba !

Balogun Gambari = The Gambaris maybe Hausas (I aint sure ) !!

I can authoritatively assured you that Emir of Ilorin requested for his food this morning in Yoruba Language e.g E ba n so fun pe mo ti fe Jeun Fa! grin

Religious rites are always held in Yoruba !!

I'm a Yoruba man and I don't think there would nor should be Leadership tussle in Ilorin .......... Ilorin should better be used as window to buttressed economic activities between Yorubas and Hausas based on Mutual Respect !!

While Benin and Kogi should be the gateway to maintain economic Integration with East and NigerDelta respectively !!

We are ONE ::::::: GO ON WITH ONE NIGERIA !!
I agree with you but we are not one with IGBOS. Any other group apart from Igbos are always welcomed and will receive the best hospitality we can render apart from Igbos. Just to clarify things grin
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by eggheaders(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
TRIBAL STOOGE:

IDIOT

Pvt parts aka bishop magic why are you so butt burt mehn.
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
alj harem: I agree with you but we are not one with IGBOS. Any other group apart from Igbos are always welcomed and will receive the best hospitality we can render apart from Igbos. Just to clarify things grin
grin ....hmmm !

All those Okrikas,Spare parts and cheap Electronics as well as Mobile Market for Touchlight and Electricals go Just vamoose Yoruba-land viiiiiaaammm !

Make Omo Nna people stay abeg ! grin

I no like 2 stress !
Re: Will Or Can The Yorubas Ever Reclaim The Ilorin Throne? by Slimlord(m): 10:14pm On Mar 10
OrlandoOwoh:

I expect you, going by your age and "exposure", to know that there is a difference between Kwara and Ilorin. The former is the name of a state, and the latter the capital. While there is an Emir of Ilorin, there is no Emir of Kwara. In Offa, a town of advanced education in Kwara State, their traditional ruler is Yoruba, and goes by the title of Olofa of Offa.
But the leader of the Kwara traditional council is the Emir of Illorin. Making him the number one traditional ruler in the state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brief Profile Of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu:abia State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / President Buhari Due In Kenya To Bolster Ties / Trump Personal Message To Buhari Hacked By Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.