Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Hubby Won't Talk To Me. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hubby Won't Talk To Me. (43277 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Her Husband Won't Talk To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by victorazy(m): 9:03am On Jan 04, 2014
bebechuks: stop wot makes him angry, like me my hubby talks too much, wot I do is dat whn he is talking I ignore him, I don't disrspct him. Whn its impt to reply I do dat quickly nd move on. M always on my own I don't involve myslf wit him again, cuz he talks too much nd I don't. Just ignore him,so dat u can live ooo. Men r not worth it,dat I hv learnt. Evn whn u r right,my sis ignore,calm d wrong person, occasionally u can correct him. Forget men, live nd serve d Lord, plsssssssss don't hold any grudges against him in all ok?

Hey! U can give any advice but don't generalize it that "men r not worth it" na women worth it. See woman wey man go train for sch bcuz her parents no get only to graduate and marry another guy or woman man go keep for house but she go dey sleep with driver etc, some women na curse. We'r all human, we can't be perfect weda na man or woman. Na stvpid ppl talk like u. The guy is foolish bcuz he think he has moni and another wife., I can never suppor him I won't bhav like him, ladies dey beg me to marry them, I swear no be brag and no be say I don make moni sef.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2014
send me a mail to get advice
cyclops4real@yahoo.com
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by gothrones(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2014
No woman in her right mind should be in a polygamous home in this day and age. Your education was a complete waste. Not only did you accept to marry a man with a wife, you also married a tribalist. You are getting exactly what you deserve. Let your predicament be a lesson to other women. Find a way to become financially independent and quietly divorce your husband; of course, if you love sharing, then you can stay.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Emmyown(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2014
Ask God 2 change him prayer is d answer
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

You just dey run around this thread like you be Op husband.
Shior cheesy
Easy my friend. Life is too short to start fighting everyone this new yr
hahahaha grin I'm not the OP hubby, I just hate hypocrisy smiley
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by thymedcurry(f): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2014
gothrones: No woman in her right mind should be in a polygamous home in this day and age. Your education was a complete waste. Not only did you accept to marry a man with a wife, you also married a tribalist. You are getting exactly what you deserve. Let your predicament be a lesson to other women. Find a way to become financially independent and quietly divorce your husband; of course, if you love sharing, then you can stay.

She is the first wife you dumbass!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by victorazy(m): 9:11am On Jan 04, 2014
gothrones: No woman in her right mind should be in a polygamous home in this day and age. Your education was a complete waste. Not only did you accept to marry a man with a wife, you also married a tribalist. You are getting exactly what you deserve. Let your predicament be a lesson to other women. Find a way to become financially independent and quietly divorce your husband; of course, if you love sharing, then you can stay.

Exactly! Is obvious she married the guy bcuz of money which made the man to have total control of her. How can a man tell an educated woman not to speak her dialect? I will even like to marry woman from another language, is another advantage.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by 1EYO(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2014
its easy to judge the man as being childish but lets first understand things from his angle.

1. He has told his wife repeatedly not to use her language in the house when talking to her people, if reverse was the case and the man spoke to his people in his native tongue and the wife doesnt hear a single word of what he is saying, would the wife take such an action from her husband.

2. This is not the first time the wife is doing this, maybe she is of the mentality that the man should take whatever makes him uncomfortable simply because he is a man and men are suppose to take shit rite , without complain, if he did that, he is a loving man but when he complains, he is childish.

3. A gentle word spoken when the man is angry, usually drives the anger away faster, maybe the wife has an attitude of replying the man in a way that seems like she is challenging him, hence the man is now nearly moved towards slapping her and you want us to believe that you are innocent here. Madam pls change your ways., thank, you
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Gamboh55(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]
Yea, this is sad but true.
Many married men are shameless dogs that still continue chasing women outside after marriage yet they expect loyalty from their wives.

TRUE and d women are shameless bi.t.ches too for not refusing the advances of the married men
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Abbey2sam(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6: Hello house,

Whenever I have disagreement with hubby, he'll decide not to talk to me. He won't eat my food and also will not sleep on the same bed with me. I'll have to beg and beg before he finally decides to talk to me.
I'm so sick and tired of his attitude. I tried discussing with him that we should look for a better way to resolve issues but he said he doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
We are presently not talking and have promised myself that this year, no more begging and begging. Have apologised to him like thrice since yesterday, i've sent him messages apologising even though I know that i've done nothing wrong.
Now i'm always in my room because even when I go to where he is, he'll stand up and leave d place.
This is killing me inside. Don't know what to do.
Pls mature advice only.
Mod pls I don't want this thread on front page.

@the first bold, that's exactly what he want, my advise, stop doing that tin that always get him upset or pretend like you don't care

@second bold, mod she specifically stated it that she doesn't want it on the front page.
now its on d FP and I know there are important topics that needs to be on d FP
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by riadecoker(f): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2014
It a kind of attitude that he has developed over the years probably in his childhood, it will take a bit of more talking to him and him growing out of it into maturity in the relationship… but you cannot change him , you can only try and adjust things in your own way since you are the one in the relationship… he will grow out of it sooner or later but I hope it doesn’t become too late because this will affect your attitude towards him at a later stage
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by olumideabefe(m): 9:25am On Jan 04, 2014
if u ask me, na who ℓ̊ go ask[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Gamboh55(m): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2014
GoodSamaritan: Young lady:

1). If you didn't know that your husband is tribalistic before you married him, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

2). If you knew he is tribalistic before you married him, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.

Therefore, if he now wants you to be tribalistic, you must obey him totally. You're sinning against God if you do otherwise.

The Bible commands:

"Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves 100%) unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord" (Ephesians 5:22 Amplified version, Emphasis mine).

My bitter advice is that you obey your husband 100% by being tribalistic. That's the only way you can have a peaceful home. However, you may do otherwise if you like to be a divorcee soon.
THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER

Well said GS..OP let truth be told...sorry that ur husband happens to be a tribalist but ur options are limited here...live with it and stop speaking ur dialect in his presence or leave the marriage...
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by simpleseyi: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2014
When Frank Edoho of who wants to be a millionaire and Hon Dino Melaye get upset, they beat up their wives. You can choose a husband from any one of them. Be grateful to God that you do not have a violent husband.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Oti4truth: 9:48am On Jan 04, 2014
First of all, how religious is you and your husband is? if you are both below average then there is need 4 u 2 improve on this. Now my advice; try and get CITADEL OF THE BELIEVERS from those selling Islamic materials, read the supplication in line with ur problem. 'hope d prob. will be solved by GOD'S grace.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tintingz(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]
I didn't say wives in polygamous homes don't put up with each other or that they don't get along. I said they are not happy about sharing their husbands and that is the truth which you won't want to accept because polygamy is in your religion.
If believing that polygamy makes women happy helps you sleep at night then go ahead and believe it, am done with you on this thread.
Yes, I said this earlier in my post no woman won't wanna share her man with other women but that's how life is there are many condition leading someone into polygamy the good, bad and ugly.

This is exactly the reason the Prophet(sa) wives were jealous at each other, this shows how special the Prophet(sa) was to them(it is normal) which Allah corrected them in the Quran.

Yes, Allah honoured Aisha by sending Islamic revelations to Muhammed whenever they were romancing on her bed.
Allah didn't even consider that the bedroom partiality made the other wives sad. No.
He so much loved Aisha's purity and noble character that he choose no other time than the time when she and Muhammed were doing bedroom antics to send down quranic revelations wink
And where does the hadith said when they were romancing? Why adding more lies? undecided

Like have said Mohammed(sa) as been receiving revelation before he married Ashia(ra)

The reason for the hadith was because Aisha(ra) was treated badly by some people, so Allah revealed Quran 24:11-25 to defend Aisha(ra) that is the event which made the Hadith you quoted exist.

This Link should enlighten you the incident of Aisha(ra).
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by lezz(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2014
shoerack6:
I don't even want to explain what happened cos if I do, u people will help me insult him.
Ok, let me explain. Hubby is a tribalist. He said he doesn't like me speaking this particular language and that's the language I use when communicating with my family.
So yesterday, my aunty called. I tried as much as possible not to speak this language so was just answering her hun, ehn ehn but at the same time I don't want him to think i'm talking with someone I don't want him to know, so I decided to ask after her son in the language. That's where the trouble started oo.
I'm so sick and tired of all this. When I tried begging, he asked me to leave his presence and that was when I asked him if he was trying to frustrate me. He now said these days that my mouth is becoming too sharp and even threatened to slap me.
There are always two side to a story but even at hearing just one side, i am already bias taking your husband's side. If your husband feels uncomfortable with you speaking your language with your family then respect that when you are in his presence. Forget the insecure story some people are saying. Your husban has a reason for objecting to ur language wit ur people. Are you guys used to talking about him in ur native tongue before and laughing? Have there been a incident about this before? However you don't revere your husband. That is why you deliberately despised ur hubby to please ur aunty. How superbly wifely it would have been had you announced in english: ''aunty, let me speak what my husband wil understand he's with me''. See, u already know he didnt like it but u went ahead and now you are complaining. Need i tell you that responding in monosyllables(huh,eh,um) in a conversation is mighty suspicious then followed by ur unknown native tongue. Also social etiquette views it as down right rude to speak in a language in the presence of others they can not understand. You are the one who is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by godman01(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2014
Mynd_44: Tribalist, acting childish and behaving like a demi-god. I am out of here
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by victorazy(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2014
[B]And where does the hadith said when they were romancing? Why adding more lies?
Like have said Mohammed(sa) as been receiving revelation before he married Ashia(ra)
The reason for the hadith was because Aisha(ra) was treated badly by some people, so Allah revealed Quran 24:11-25 to defend Aisha(ra) that is the event which made the Hadith you quoted exist[B/]

grin am a christian and i wonder too where God abi Alah they look romance "fleshy thing" grin
True God never behold fleshy things that's why He replaced the fornication in Eden as "forbidden fruit" He can't speak dirty.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by troy20(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2014
crazymommy: Saw some comments from some guys here and i weep for the future of this country,and na people go marry this kids for house.
and you think having a pritty face that probably nailed you a husband makes you smarter? Well men too have been weeping for the terribly flawed women like you the 21st century has produced.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by CHoccolaTE: 10:11am On Jan 04, 2014
Gamboh55:

TRUE and d women are shameless bi.t.ches too for refusing the advances of the married men

Your post does not make sense. How can they be shameless when they refuse the advances of married men? grin

1 Like

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Gamboh55(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Chynx:

Easier said than done! Please stop ranting my dear, u no go fit do nada! Potential divorcee. Lol

I tell u. Dey come here to run deir mouth.dey shld do dat when dey get to deir own husband's house and see d result of deir actions.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Gamboh55(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]

Your post does not make sense. How can they be shameless when they refuse the advances of married men? grin

For NOT refusing...twas a mistake and I still stand by those words...shameless cos dey still patronise d married men knowing fully well dat dey've got a wife at home...why not start by saying no to deir advances and see if dey wont go back home to deir wives...u ladies also have a big hand in d problem
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Alikaxon: @ the bolded is very correct. U r lucky he doesn't even bit u up. He only sends u to conventory bcox u hav done wat he hates, the reason u mentione above is untenable, u jus wana gain sympathy, but sympathy here woun't do u any good. U beta say the truth. No man can ever say u shouldn't speak ur language with ur family, ur claim is false, no right thinkin person would bliv u I perceive u to b a nagging woman...sorry. Stop doing that thing u kw irritates him.

@ d bold. Statement, that's not true. Am from a polygamous home and my late dad, bleSs his memory, has warnd my mum on several occaSsions not 2 speak her language to us and to her family anytime they come visiting. Ok dad teach us yur own, he doesn't av our time, so I can neither speak both languages of my dad or mum..and they r both late..sighs#.. Op, its well.. Try b calm, and do yur duties as expected, he come around later. Be patient and productive wit yur mind and buisness..best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by victorazy(m): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]

You reap what u sow
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by loverboi(m): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2014
I think diffrent men have diffrent characters, we can't all be the same, I think keeping quiet when u offend him is better than beating you!!!
As for me, I speak out anytime my woman offends me but she's complaining that I talk too much, that I should learn to keep quiet and over look sometins which I think wen I start keeping quiet she will not like it!!!
Anyway, he's ur husband, u dated him before marrying him, and its very difficult to change behaviour in Men, so there's sparingly nufin u can do to change him, just love him d way he is, beg him if that will solve problem, since he's not violently abusing u, I think its better or better still pack your load and leave, don't manage who u can't live with, marriage is lifetime.
Go and beg your husband, some women want his type, if u want to change him then you'll probably wait till jesus comes
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by CHoccolaTE: 10:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Gamboh55:
For NOT refusing...twas a mistake and I still stand by those words...shameless cos dey still patronise d married men knowing fully well dat dey've got a wife at home...why not start by saying no to deir advances and see if dey wont go back home to deir wives...u ladies also have a big hand in d problem

Bla bla bla. The ones that get turned down by sensible girls run to prostitutes and some of them deceive the women that they are still bachelors.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by IZOSKY: 10:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Are you the first or the second wife?
If you are the first wife, play your card well. Always be good to him and don't jelous his relationship with the other wife. He will surely come back to you.
If you are the second, Understand that the first one needs his attention too. Don't colonize him. Wish you the best understanding in your home.
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by eleojo23: 10:35am On Jan 04, 2014
Mynd_44: Childish husband. He drops money for food and refuses to eat. Smh
Exactly! I don't understand such behaviour at all. Smh too!
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by blackpanda: 10:39am On Jan 04, 2014
ur best bet, ignore him for a while, but be respectful. if he doesnt come around then its time to start making plans to leave. hope u have ur own biz and savings.....best of luck
Re: Hubby Won't Talk To Me. by tmanuelle(m): 10:43am On Jan 04, 2014
Goldenboy007: What do women want exactly? You fight man

He screams at you - Na wahala, He is evil and a bully.
He keeps quiet - Na wahala, He's insensitive and keeps malice.
He stands and look when you abuse him mercilessly- He is mumu and coward, not man enough for you!
He returns your abuse with a stinging slap - Devilish and evil, divorce a potential wife killer.

So it is easier for you to make a resolution not to beg him again rather than to make a resolution not to offend him again?

Take note of this, men have different ways of resolving issues within themselves, whether you beg him or not he needs that time to resolve the issue within himself before he can resolve with you. Men are generally analyst, they need to analyze the impact of that your so called "simple offence" before they can move on, some do it in shorter time and some take longer. Some of you women would intentional repeat a behavior you have been corrected about thinking what it takes is just to say "sorry" and you would now complain he is not accepting your apologies. You can go ahead to stop begging him, when that time comes you would discover that it was easier to beg than to hold a 40 days fasting and prayer in Shiloh or RCCG camp for a failing marriage.
I respect u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Sweden's Blogging 'polyfamily' Goes Viral / Update On My Husband Leaving Us / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.