Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

"Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! (13467 Views)

Poll: Should Pastor Tunde Bakare's political utterances be taken seriously?

Yes: 47% (71 votes)
No: 52% (77 votes)
This poll has ended

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Who Will Pastor Adeboye Bless Now:Pastor Osinbajo Or President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
i talk am say una sabi bible pass me. i don learn anoda one. tanx KOBOJUNKIE
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Queenisha: 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
They should leave the man alone na
haba
do they want him to kill himself for them?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
2sleek2NV:

i talk am say una sabi bible pass me. i don learn another one. thanks KOBOJUNKIE

dude, all you have to do is read the book since you make it clear you are not sure.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by royalyinx(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by ineedans(m): 12:41am On Sep 09, 2008
I don't think Pastor Bakare has done anything wrong by advising the president to resign and go home. He simply does not want the president to die in office. Also, i can't remember him saying that Yar'adua was chosen of God to lead nigeria (if anyone has any proof to the contrary, let's have it pls), he only said he respected the man and he was the first president he called 'my president' in the history of the nation. His talking about politics is nobody's business for as long as you can't accuse him of exploiting his congregation or deceiving them. At least, he is one Pastor that speaks fearlessly about the happenings in this country, even at his own risk. He was the only one in the days of Abacha that spoke out. Same in the days of IBB. Please go and check the records. PLS LEAVE PASTOR BAKARE ALONE!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Roughlen(m): 12:55am On Sep 09, 2008
I lost all sense of respect for the so called MOG since he started dabbling in politics. embarassed

Politics and religion don't mix. period. sad
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by wealthyman(m): 1:12am On Sep 09, 2008
@ BRASH
that man is a man of God so please mind what u say about him.No matter wat he says or does please respect the annointing
thats what my pastor , pastor chris thought me.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by benky(m): 1:37am On Sep 09, 2008
I think Yar'adua should continue his job as the President of Nigeria,because Goodluck Jonathan can not be trusted.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Sep 09, 2008
benky:

I think Yar'adua should continue his job as the President of Nigeria,because Goodluck Jonathan can not be trusted.

We should not trust a man we have yet to see in action cause somehow we are better off with the man whose we no has nothing to offer?

P.S, If your reason has to do with ethnicity, don't bother responding please.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bawomolo(m): 2:21am On Sep 09, 2008
royalyinx:

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm

blind blind sheep
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Angybabe(f): 3:10am On Sep 09, 2008
@Ibime
In the Bible, Servants of God do have a "say" in the affairs of the country. Elijah and the like do just that.
The only difference is they do that prophetically through DECLARATION + Utterances. They made no single mistake unlike today's pastor.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by kenflipper(m): 3:47am On Sep 09, 2008
You guys are still here?, discussing Bakare said what and Yaradua didnt hear what? water don dey reach garri O. when water pass garri una go know say Bakare na survival man and Yaradua na offering to the gods from OBJ. Me i don walker go hawk my pure-water even tho na well water, anything when i see i take. America call am slave blood here na poverty blood i carry, i don swear say i no go marry cos the poverty blood must end with me, i m not gonna transfer it to innocent children. My papa manage, my mama manage now me too i dey manage. If no revolution we are decieving ourselves, a country that doesnt rule on its constitution is not existing. A country where in a population of 140million handsome men and beautiful women could produce a man 3/4 dead and 1/4 alive that country should be dissolved and and its population should be driven away from their land.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Sep 09, 2008
Can we Nigerians stop allowing these people continue to use God's name in Vain? I mean it seems the trend to blame it all on God. Obasanjo blamed God for the problem with Nepa and now this one too. O GA O!!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by 9ja4eva: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2008
Yar Adua got to go,

He is not good news to us anymore
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by DeepZone: 6:21am On Sep 09, 2008
This same man prophesied that Obasanjo will die before Abdulsalaami hands over to him and Obasanjo is still alive till this day. Who takes him serious after that? It's like taking America's Pat Robertson serious.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by stephenb4r: 6:39am On Sep 09, 2008
GOD WILL SAVE THIS GREAT NATION.

Check out this new Nigerian forum. Express your view too. www.commonmannigeria.com
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Can we Nigerians stop allowing these people continue to use God's name in Vain? I mean it seems the trend to blame it all on God. Obasanjo blamed God for the problem with Nepa and now this one too. O GA O!!!

As much as i see most Nigerian prophets and this Bakare situation as a mess, i do not have much against them.
Their words(fake prophesies) are not binding to anyone, be it to their congregations or to the Nigerian people. So, the choice is there for you; take the prophesies or step on them on your way to what you see as the "real" truth. cool
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by faoni572(m): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2008
I remember somebody said it in this nairaland that they should ban religion in this country, which is true and I fully support it. So many people use religion to cover. Now we have fake pastors around us. If they don't hear God's voice why can't they keep quiet instead of deceiving people and the blind sheep will continue to follow them.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by blackkabir: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2008
FRANKLY, I THINK PASTOR BAKARE IS MORE OF A CONFUSED LAWYER THAN A DOOMSDAY SEER. HAS HE FORGOTTEN SO SOON? WAS HE NOT THE ONE WHO CLAIMED YAR'ADUA WAS OF GOD? HABA!!! SEE HOW PEOPLE CAN HIDE UNDER THE SHADE OF SPIRITUALISM TO DECIEVE OTHERS. TOO BAD.
AS FOR BROTHER PRESIDENT, HE SHOULD LEARN TO MANAGE INFORMATION VERY WELL. REMOVING BABAGANA KINGIBE WILL NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE. IT WILL RATHER CREATE MORE TENSION IN THE PRESIDENCY. I REST MY CASE

thank man
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2008
1. does anyone have a copy of the Pastor's declaration that Yar' Adua is God sent?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2008
i think Tunde Bakare is making some sense.

he has provided a perfect formula for the north to get rid of the ill & shamefully henpecked Yar'adua and still hold on to power. we all know the north will never allow Goodluck Jonathan to succeed Yar'adua.
they'd rather have us go back to military rule than lose their perceived turn in Aso Rock.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Jokhe: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2008
Baba Go-slow is back to his game of squash. hope doesn't die on it undecided undecided undecided
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by mafolayomi(f): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2008
that man don come again oooo
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Ibomade2: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2008
I Think it would be nice for Yar'adua to tell fellow Nigerians what is wrong with him.

Afterall he is not the first president that will have an ailment while in power. The sooner the better
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by spben(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2008
From my own side of view , if God still want yar'adua in the of office he will sustain him and he will maintain his post and if otherwise he will terminate him by any means , No one can question him,

To my Honorable pastor Tunde , i know what he feel about mr president , i just want you to know that no one holy pass we are of blood and flesh i will like pastor to put himself in Mr President sheo , then you will know that been a President of Nation nobi moin moin
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by stanloski(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2008
What amazes me is that this "pastor" still "preaches" to a packed house every sunday. I think his "flock" are just in interested in stand up comedy every sunday morning! The guy is a joke! Maybe he rants like this from time to time to increase the flow of clients- sorry converts. The man has to keep attendance high and the only way is with some sensational attention grabbing tirade!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2008
is it that no one has a link to the claim that this man said Yar Adua is sent from God?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by henry4uall(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2008
Everybody seems to be getting this thing wrong. If Pastor Bakare had pronounced that yar-ardua was God-sent earlier and it turned out later the 'God-sent' became something else, who do you blame? God, the man of God or the 'God-sent'?  Do you all know the story of saul in the Bible? Was Saul choosen by God? Was he anointed? Was he sent? The answer is yes. Saul was chosen, anointed of God and yet he ended a bad leader. So do you blame God here? or Samuel the prophet? or Saul himself? I think we need to be careful what we say about these Men of God. If Pastor Bakare committed adultery, its not for me to judge him or speak about him, its between him and the one that sent him. If you are a Christian, and you posted on this topic and talked in bad manner to Pastor Bakare, then its either you are not trained or you dont understand your bible at all.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2008
sadly, a lot of us do not understand the things of God and we just speak anyhow. Henry, well said.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by faoni572(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
The sad thing is that this pastor had prophesied a lot of things that did not come true. I certainly believe there is God who created us. Please if somebody does not hear God's voice it is better to keep quiet
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2008
faoni572:

The sad thing is that this pastor had prophesied a lot of things that did not come true. I certainly believe there is God who created us. Please if somebody does not hear God's voice it is better to keep quiet

Faoni,

did u actually hear the phrophesies he made or u read newspaper excerpts where they summarize the sensational part for us to read?
i have heard and listened to some of them and have come to my conclusion.
i would advise dat u try and layhold on some of these tapes or u check his church website.
till today he is yet to change them.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by faoni572(m): 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
_bami:

Faoni,

did u actually hear the prophesies he made or u read newspaper excerpts where they summarize the sensational part for us to read?
i have heard and listened to some of them and have come to my conclusion.
i would advise that u try and layhold on some of these tapes or u check his church website.
till today he is yet to change them.

I didn't hear the prophesy but I read it in newspapers where he said Yaradua is the messiah of Nigeria. When I am making my facts I don't base it on hearsay, I actually read it myself on newspapers online last year.

We don't have to be religion fanatics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

XXXXX / Jubilant Benin Residents Celebrate Oshiomhole's Victory In Heavy Rain / Missing $20bn: Reps Gives Iweala One-week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.