Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

"Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! (13468 Views)

Poll: Should Pastor Tunde Bakare's political utterances be taken seriously?

Yes: 47% (71 votes)
No: 52% (77 votes)
This poll has ended

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Who Will Pastor Adeboye Bless Now:Pastor Osinbajo Or President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by carmelily: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2008
In a country where the choices to pick from are prophets whose prophecies fail and politicians who do not deliver on their promises, what hope is there?

The only good thing i see in this whole episode is Bakare's consistency in speaking out courageously through the years. other pastors wine and dine with politicians and fill their pockets while they command their half-dead congregationists to prosper!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by MrCrackles(m): 1:37pm On Sep 09, 2008
carmelily:

In a country where the the choices to pick from are prophets whose prophecies fail and politicians who do not deliver on their promises, what hope is there?

The only good thing i see in this whole episode is Bakare's consistency in speaking out courageously through the years. other pastors wine and dine with politicians and fill their pockets while they command their half-dead congregationists to prosper!

true yearn oo lilly! smiley
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by iceland(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2008
The way I see these is this.If we can remember king saul in the bible.God chose him through samuel to be the king over isreal.When the guy fuc*ked up! God sent the same samuel to annoint david as king and sent king saul packing.God might have chosen yar"adua but since he's has fuc*ked up!Why shouldnt he resign and go back to where he came from?(his village)
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by A40(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
Politics and Religion hmm two areas i have little or no interest in tongue
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by coolruler(m): 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
What if Yar'adua actually wanted to resign but his "constituency" would not allow it?
The man is only human, and battling with kidney complications does not leave much room for anything else.
In Nigeria, everything is politics and what you think is simple, may actually not be simple at all.

I respect Bakare for his stand. He's one guy who, once he takes a stand, never backs down. Even his worst critics cannot take that away from him.
It takes a lot of guts to challenge the powers that be.

I wonder how many nairalanders can stand up to the local Police constable?  grin
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Easyy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2008
I dont know if he said God told him about Yar Adua but he said he supported him. Nothing wrong in supporting a president.

With regard to lies, what do you think the people of Nineveh thought of Jonah?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Pataki: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
I just do not get it at all. One minute this, next minute something else.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Jokhe: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2008
I wonder how many nairalanders can stand up to the local Police constable?
Hmmmm, I wonder.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by lekeleke(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2008
I don't think pastor Bakare has contradicted himself. He didn't deny the fact that he said president Y'aradua was ordained by God. If you read the book of "1 samuel" in the bible, you will discover that it was God that ordained king Saul and it was God that also put an end to his reign. It is not impossible for him to have genuinely heard these things from God.
In a case like this, we must be careful of what we say 'cos  God is involved. If pastor Bakare is lying  in God's name, I think God should be left alone to judge that, atleast we know God can defend Himself. The bible says "woe unto him that says God has spoken when God has not".
Also, when somebody is called by God's name(like pastor Bakare), please, becareful of what you say about him 'cos God himself does not take it lightly.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Jaytee67(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2008
Under whatever disguise it may be, it is not good enough for a "pastor" to take politics to the pulpit.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
a lot of us are yet to understand what prophecies are meant for. God sent word to Hezekiah that he was gonna kick the bucket, the guy refused to die and asked for extra time. God heard.

God was gonna destroy Nineveh at a time. The people repented, God forgave.

God thru His prophet Balaam abi na Balak declared that the children of Israel cannot be cursed, a few pages later he himself destroyed them when they erred.

I do not attend latterrain (tho i wish i could but as d Pastor nor gree open branch) but I think it takes a lot of courage and not want of approval from men to support a man today because you consider him suitable for a role and then disown him tomorrow.

God always vindicates his own even after death.

"Nigeria will flourish again"
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bami1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
Jaytee67:

Under whatever disguise it may be, it is not good enough for a "pastor" to take politics to the pulpit.

Who says?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by pku(f): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
my people, this is really surprising. that is why it is difficult believing whatever we are told. This same man initially made us believe God spoke to him concerning Yar'adua. Where is this outburst coming from again? Naija, it never ceases to amaze me the things that can come up!!! Hmph!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by obyann(f): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2008
Believe it or not, Pastor Tunde Bakare is a man of God.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by henry4uall(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2008
Jaytee67:

Taking politics to the pulpit or talking politics on the pulpit, which one are you talking? They are two different issues. The 'pulpit' can not be quiet while the devil is having free days with 'politics'.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2008
'
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by churchmann: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
what have the president done again he been there or leaving nothing go change for niger that u all know,Is he there or not we go chop, As for the pastor i think he should mind his word and think before saying things
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by jeron1(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Brash!
you must be stupid for saying that
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Temin(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
Jerolin . No justification for such use of word. We all have freedom of opinion if this media allows all in respective of class, age or what have you to express themselves we should also respect such
The Truth is our men of God should watch what they say. God do not make mistake If God once told him yes He will not change to say No.
God does not controll all the daily activities of man, especially those that does not have direct link with His purpose. we are created free moral agents . A revelation given in the holy book says a time of Pseudo peace will come , When the world will shout Peace and security.
The messanger to Nigeria that will bring the peace is not mention. We can only wait and see.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by hbrednic: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2008
obyann:

Believe it or not, Pastor Tunde Bakare is a man of God.

you sound very sure,did God tell you that ?
with so many self-proclmd men of god out-there,only God knows who is who.

as for the presido,i think he should just resign for the sake of his family & country.
he should make out time to take care of himself and forget the stress of running a complex society like nig.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by mystikal(m): 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2008
I dont worship with bakare but he might not be wrong afterall
The story of Sammuel the prophet and Saul the king should come 2 mind.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by toskom(m): 12:23am On Sep 10, 2008
well, everybody is entitle to his opinion. it is a constitutional right. But i want to ask, Who is God sent? let us leave Yardua alone and continue to pray for him. what is all these talk that he should resign. why do we like to engage ourselves in issue that does not really get us anywhere? i disagree with those who says he has put us on reserve gear, this is not true. we are making progress in this country. Our president needs our support now, we cannot turn our back against our president because of his ill health. if we cannot pray for our president in his time of trouble, we will definitely reject God if ever needs our help. our president is our president we must stand by him now.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Sep 10, 2008
Bible study, How does the story of Saul in the Bible come to mind here? Do we read the Bible AS IS or do we like instead to try as much as possible to attach silly situations to the bible??
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by seund1: 8:07am On Sep 10, 2008
Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by nyabinghi(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2008
Pastors house na him dey fine pass and my people dey stay for poor surroundings, pastors dress na him dey clean pass he hard for my people to buy soap, pastors dem get respect pass and dem dem dey do bad bad bad bad things.
This same Bakare predicted OBj that we all hated won't last a year in power and the guy went ahead to spend 8 years. Bakare is a wannabe in my own opinion, how am i sure he was really called by God cos the easiest thing to do now na to become pastor. REv King dey there and numerous "men of God" time will tell. One Love keep us together
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by chase4(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2008
I think what we really need to understand here is what Prophesy really is. Most of us believe that prophesy is a must-
happen revelation. Is it really ? Or does anything one does affect the outcome of the prophecy ? Those of us who are
Christians here should know better than fall for the tricks of those who are out here to use any opportunity to rubbish
what we believe in. They say it is stupid to believe in God, I agree that is why i do it by faith but I also believe that it is
equally stupid not to believe in God and guess they must need some kind of faith not to believe. You have your opinions I
have mine, you have your beliefs i have mine, you have your freedom of worship(or not to worship) and i have mine.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by cyriluzo(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2008
Men and Brethren,

My challange with a lot of us here is how we draw to conclusions just by reading newspapers, or by what we hear people say(dem Say dem say). Having read the thread I see a lot of people are still holding on to even views that have been confirmed untrue. Worse still they make conclusions based on those views.

Pastor B is my Man( I dont attend latterrain Assembly anyway). I didnt hear him preach this message PM news is throwing about. But one thing I know is that if some of you will take time to listen to the message, you will realise PM news didnt give you the correct story.

For those of you who throw your mouth without constrain at Men of God. I PITY YOUR LIFE OH!

Please do not take side in a battle you know nothing about. This has been my principle. Heard it from Pastor B himself
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by cyriluzo(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2008
Men and Brethren,

My challange with a lot of us here is how we draw to conclusions just by reading newspapers, or by what we hear people say(dem Say dem say). Having read the thread I see a lot of people are still holding on to even views that have been confirmed untrue. Worse still they make conclusions based on those views.

Pastor B is my Man( I dont attend latterrain Assembly anyway). I didnt hear him preach this message PM news is throwing about. But one thing I know is that if some of you will take time to listen to the message, you will realise PM news didnt give you the correct story.

For those of you who throw your mouth without constrain at Men of God. I PITY YOUR LIFE OH!

Please do not take side in a battle you know nothing about. This has been my principle. Heard it from Pastor B himself
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Rockerfela: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2008
please let ,s leave the president alone i expect Pastor Bakare to be praying 4 Yar adua good health.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by citizenY(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2008
shocked cool lipsrsealed  My honest opinion may seem unorthodox but it is as follows:-

Nigerian judges are very ingenuous with "designer " verdicts as we have witnessed across
the states of the country from Anambra to  Sokoto, Kebbi,  Osun, and of course The David Mark scenario.

With the case of Atiku/Buhari case in the supreme court, the judges should just  "re-design" their judgment
to favour the plaintiffs and pronto, Yar adua goes home and no one will harass him  any more and we shall put all
the palaver of OBJ/ IWU/ PDP and co behind us,  FOLLOWED BY FRESH ELECTIONS, AT LEAST FOR THE PRESIDENCY, during which,

Everyone should stand by his polling booth, We go count am there before we go home and God help anybody who wants to KIDNAP a ballot box

no be do or die, Na NEMESIS whatever that means,

Any supporters, KEYAMO / AFE BABALOLA, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT, NA ME TALK AM BEFORE YOU
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by pharuk: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2008
as for kingibe, he deserves to be fired, i heard he went to meet jonathan the vp that yardua wld soon die so he shld make him his new vp, and other miniters 10 in all were in support, so now dt kingibe is gone we hope the 10 shld go, i have faith in yardua, though he is abit slow but he needs time i guess
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by slyk2(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
How many times will preachers predict doom and it will not come to pass?

Oga Pastor Bakare, why not mind your biz and leave the president alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? / Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / Buhari Can Nominate Ambassadors Anyway He Deems Fit: SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.