Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

"Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! (13470 Views)

Poll: Should Pastor Tunde Bakare's political utterances be taken seriously?

Yes: 47% (71 votes)
No: 52% (77 votes)
This poll has ended

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Who Will Pastor Adeboye Bless Now:Pastor Osinbajo Or President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2008
sofa-dj:

URE just talking about the wrong thing here.

the men of God are not to blame for the situation of things in the country maybe u need to start facing the right quarter.
I agree in totalty what the man said about resignation.
i believe a proper channel should be toured in removin a president dt is incapacitated by health problems but in advice it would be best for us all "him especially" to resign so as to fac squarely his health problems.
Since when did the topic become about what is wrong in the country? Please stick to topic here.

sofa-dj:

the politics of hiding your health status has been a very long time ago even in usa
Wilson Woodrow was hit by a stroke towards the end of his 2nd term as pres. ofcourse he hid it so as to get re-elected,

quite a number of officials died on duty for failure to attend to their health needss because of greed.
Yar Adua did not hide his health status from the Nigerian people. The people chose of their own volution to turn a blind eye to it. This man’s health situation has been known for over 9 years now. Suddenly you want to make it the issue? Come on!!!

sofa-dj:

i was saying this to a fellow yesterday and he was like at least he gets treated with govt money that is the exact human greed nature.
He has been getting treatment with government money for over 9 years now. Why is it suddenly new news?

sofa-dj:

wht of the assignments he has to carry out dz will be left ofcourse for some people we dint vote for
after woodrow died it was revealed his wife has been carrying out a number of his assignments and duties on his behalf,
What has the situation with Yar Adua to do with Woodrow Wilson? You Nigerians and your desperate need to compare yourselves and your situations with America and men who have made solid contributions in the world, NA WAH!!!!

What the heck has Woodrow wilson’s life story to do with yar adua’s situation and the pastor’s prophetic powers? Yar adua, for 8 years as governor was sick and this was known; he did not accomplish most anything then. Suddenly, you want to make his health the reason why he ought to resign because God did not know what most Nigerians, Katsina state residents have been privy of for the past 9 years or so? You believe anyone is sane for making such an argument?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Uche2nna(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Since when did the topic become about what is wrong in the country? Please stick to topic here.

Y[b]ar Adua did not hide his health status from the Nigerian people. The people chose of their own volution to turn a blind eye to it. This man’s health situation has been known for over 9 years now. Suddenly you want to make it the issue? Come on!!!
[/b]

Dont even make me start on that issue angry Which Nigerian people? undecided
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

Uche2nna:

I was able to pull articles on his health issue and how he supposedly developed the “HEALTH CARE SYSTEM” in katsina because of his own problems.

Are you sure you did not choose yourself to turn a blind eye to that information in your bid to elect him as president out of hate for Obasanjo?? Did you even bother to research the man before you cast your HATE vote againsts Obasanjo's third term in office?? LOL

Just kidding!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by affee(f): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2008
Genesis 6:6,
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2008
affee:

Genesis 6:6,
Says we should not rebuke a man who claims to be a man of God when we see he may be making up prophesies in the name of God? shocked
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by affee(f): 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2008
Genesis 6:6, and it repented the Lord that he had made man on earth, and it grieved him in his heart.
God has the right to change his mind, and if he wants us to know about it he tells his Prophet.
Just like in OBJ's time I believe the words of  Pastor Tunde Bakare.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2008
affee:

Genesis 6:6, and it repented the Lord that he had made man on earth, and it grieved him in his heart.
God has the right to change his mind, and if he wants us to know about it he tells his Prophet.
Just like in OBJ's time I believe the words of Pastor Tunde Bakare.

Oh . . . so when Bakare said, as pointed out by someone earlier than Obj would die in office but that did not happen, it was God that repented that he said Obj would die in Office? Now, after 8 years of sickness, God anointed Yar adua and now God has repented of his anointing Yar adua reason being the same old sickness which was there in the beginning?? WOW!!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by affee(f): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Says we should not rebuke a man who claims to be a man of God when we see he may be making up prophesies in the name of God? shocked

''A man who claims to be a man of God''. Do U have a personal grudge against the man of God? Na wa for U o
Unlike U the people in government take the word of Tunde Bakare seriously.

Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by affee(f): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Oh . . . so when Bakare said, as pointed out by someone earlier than Obj would die in office but that did not happen, it was God that repented that he said Obj would die in Office? Now, after 8 years of sickness, God anointed Yar adua and now God has repented of his anointing Yar adua reason being the same old sickness which was there in the beginning?? WOW!!!

Do U know how many people prayed that Obasanjo should not die? my dear dont use human wisdom when spiritual wisdom is required
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2008
I have a personal grudge against people who find themselves in a position where they can change things for good but choose to use the name of God for their personal “GLORIFICATION”. I have never met the man and do not care much for glorifying preachers over God as I believe it is better for me to fear the one who can destroy souls than to fear an ordinary man who is here today and gone tomorrow, that claims to be a ‘man of God” Since I can not tell what is in the heart of this man and I can not say “ YES, of a fact, he is a man of God”, I can only judge him by his own claims.

So, in this case, this man who claims to be a man of God, seems to be running in the mouth when it comes to prophesies which he claims to be of God. It seems everytime his prophesies change, God is to take the blame. Now that sets off an alarm in me, cause I know that there is not a single example in the Bible that one can use to excuse this current blunder of his which you all continue to try so hard to pin on God. Either this man is a liar or God, as far as this man is concerned, continues to miss the mark. I would rather pin it on the man, as I NEVER heard God actually tell him these things, than try to pin it on God whom I am sure knew that yar adua was ill, and also knew that Yar adua’s illness would make world news a year later…, ROLFMAO!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2008
affee:

Do You know how many people prayed that Obasanjo should not die? my dear don't use human wisdom when spiritual wisdom is required

Seriously?? Are you for real? Are you trying to suggest the reason the prophesy changed is because of some people who prayed that Obasanjo not die? OYA!! If you really want me to SWALLOW this one, provide me with Names, phone numbers and addresses of all the people that prayed that Obasanjo not die. Please provide this and also provide me how you came to the conclusion that God, the OMNISCIENT, changed his mind cause of the prayers of these folks. This I need to see ooo…
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by affee(f): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Seriously?? Are you for real? Are you trying to suggest the reason the prophesy changed is because of some people who prayed that Obasanjo not die? OYA!! If you really want me to SWALLOW this one, provide me with Names, phone numbers and addresses of all the people that prayed that Obasanjo not die. Please provide this and also provide me how you came to the conclusion that God, the OMNISCIENT, changed his mind cause of the prayers of these folks. This I need to see ooo…

sorry i put something for fire, ehen wetin u been say U want?
phone numbers, names?
U sef are U for real?
No be say I no get am o, na just say I CANT TRUST U WITH SUCH AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
sorry got to go back to the kitchen
will be online all nite long, hope U slept in the afternoon?
Dont choke on the coins o. U r interesting.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
affee:

sorry i put something for fire, ehen wetin u been say You want?
phone numbers, names?
You sef are You for real?
No be say I no get am o, na just say I CANT TRUST You WITH SUCH AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
will be online all night long, hope You slept in the afternoon?
Dont choke on the coins o. You r interesting.
affee:

sorry i put something for fire, ehen wetin u been say You want?
phone numbers, names?
You sef are You for real?
No be say I no get am o, na just say I CANT TRUST You WITH SUCH AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
will be online all night long, hope You slept in the afternoon?
Dont choke on the coins o. You r interesting.

Dude… I am sorry, when it comes to man and their claims about God, seeing is believing. If the theory sounds bogus, it usually is. I don’t buy into that “ YOU ARE MAN OF GOD means YOU ARE ABOVE THE LAW” ideology. If you ask me, even the born again Christian man or woman who cleans out pastor bakare’s church toilet is higher than the pastor himself in the kingdom of God. So this whole “SPECIAL MAN OF GOD” idea no phase me.

So, to claim God lied here or God changed his mind and it is not that Bakare himself at fault here, I need proof. Names, addresses, phone numbers, times prayers were made, times God answered and what God’s exact words were when he told them he answered their prayers.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by sofadj(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2008
2Ki 20:1 In those days was Hezekiah sick, unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.

2Ki 20:4 And it came to pass, before Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
2Ki 20:5 Turn again, and tell, Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen (853) thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house, read to 6 for more understanding

well bro as you can see God can change his mind
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2008
sofa-dj:

2Ki 20:1 In those days was Hezekiah sick, unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.

2Ki 20:4 And it came to pass, before Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
2Ki 20:5 Turn again, and tell, Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen (853) thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house, read to 6 for more understanding

well bro as you can see God can change his mind

God changed his mind? Are you kidding me? LMAO!!! So God made a miracle happen here because of answers to the prayers of the man and you want to equate this to the ludicrous claim made by Bakare? So tell me, is it that Yar adua always had good health but God’s miracle is to him in answer to his prayer is bad health?   I need to get this straight from you.

If Bakare claimed Yar adua is of God and then God changed his mind, where is the miracle here? Since you are siting hezekiah’s case, where is the miracle? That God suddenly decided the sickness we have know of for about 9 years now is God’s answer to Yar adua’s prayers? Or is the excuse for God calling him to resign? shocked

Ma je 'n shepe!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by bilymuse: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2008
people like Tunde Bakere are obviously deluded, they cannot predict were they would sleep in the evening and yet they would be making speculation, sorry prediction, of monumental importance.

the guy should shut up and concentrate on deceiving is gullible members by manupulating church donations without proper accounting.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by sofadj(m): 12:34am On Sep 17, 2008
@ kobojunkie

Stop being ridiculous.
I don't understand why it's hard for u to understand why i cited dt example.

Please get something straight

1. I am not a member of Pastor Tunde BAkare's church. Matter fact I have never been to his church. If I've listened to any of his teachings trust me can't be up to 2ce. I don't worship men but God

2. I am in no way related to him and have never had any personal relationship with him

3. I am in no way defending anybody. I can't vouch for anybody's salvation. If I defend someone here on earth what of in heaven am I gonna defend the person. NO

4. It is a common thing fo rpeople to have some feelings concerning some men of God. It has been since the time of Jesus Christ. A lot of people called him "FALSE" and I'm sure they had their reasons.

5. You can't know more than God and as human their is limitation to your understanding of things.

6. To avoid sinning against God one has to keep shut concerning things you don't understand and that waz why I referred to the curse on Miriam above.

7. Keeping and not Judging as Jesus commanded does not mean you fear the person. But look you have to rever men of God.

8. Please you will save yourself a lot of "bad things" by not talking about those.

9. You dont have to believe what they say but just "no comment"That's why You have your Bible to believe in.

10. Just so you may know i'm not a religious person at all,

<sub>defending d devil is as bad as condemning the angel of God</sub>

Now I cited that Hezekiah thing because a lot of people refer to the prophecy that Obasanjo was going to die by Pastor Bakare using this as a tip that he doesn't hear from God.
A person who says God said when God had not sath has already been caused by God Himslf in the Bible so why commit ur own sin by Judging such person,

Please u can go ahead and curse but i'm covered by,

Peace Man
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by kingsikaz(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2008
many educated fools trying to be wise and judgmental! angry
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
again, Nigerians and their fears!! Continue to dig left and right to find some excuse for fear instead of standing up to condemn wrong wherever you see it. Using Bible to justify this at all cost, even when it makes no sense. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Koye4sshow(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2008
Thats sad!!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by nedyblaze: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2008
i guess bakare is sparky sanguin n mostly being controlled by his emotions , that does not exclude that yaradua is slow,for him 2 have returned unused cash as a governor when leaving office ,to me ,meant that he has no vision. when men like donald duke borrowed 2 build tinapa.we need a female presido thats if they wont kill her b4 election
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by TruBrotha: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2008
I normally don't comment when it comes to this kind of issues but i just cant help it. That man i can say should shut his mouth before he draws the wrath of God. He is a politician using that position that is supposed to be used for winning souls to draw political attention. May God save us all.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by NobleOnye(f): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2008
okay!, this is beautiful grin.he who has ears let him hear!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by cyanider: 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2008
if truely this is wat pastor bakare said,he is very wrong for wat ever happens we ought to give god d glory,he is supposed to know dis more than i do,nigeria can never be better dan as it is now,we ar only to god for people like yaradua to maintain this position always,not dat a better administration will come to being.i am a kegites who spend most of my time in reading mostly the bible,pastor bakare if am not mistaken should be d one instructing up-coming youths who ar of this opinion and notn dastardly condeming him.if he realy said this,it implies dat he himself is not of god.i have landed safely and never to stumble.xyz cyanider
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by samorijack(m): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2008
I'll just add me 10 cents to this thread. I think penticostal in general don't have a good grasp of the fundamentals of politics and not realistic, Look at what Mr. Bush has done to the American and world economy!!! over 3 trillion dollars in Iraq alone, He was put there by the evangelical lobby and people like John Hagee are now openly endorsing John Macain. America need to move in a new direction and Mr Macain is not the man for the Job, Please don't be too hard on Bakare he needs these pronoucements to be seem relivant, It is my personal conclusion that penticostal christianity in Nigeria is just one big lie, the Adeboye's and Oyedepo's of this world have built empires in the name of Jesus and live in stupendous opulence in the midst of grinding poverty. The Adeboye's and Oyedepo's are the real charlatans, in the name of God they grow richer and the people become poorer(how else can you afford a private Jet in the midst of a persistently rising cost of energy) at least Bakare is want to have periodic bouts of honesty. and when he feels like it he tells the truth, just my opinion smiley
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by uchvic(m): 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
he his the same hypocritical idiot!

@BRASH

U SOUND SO USELESS TO CALL A MAN OF GOD STUPID,

AND IF I MAY ASK, WHO MADE U A JUDGE?

THATS HOW PEOPLE LIKE GET URSELF INTO UNECCESSARY TROUBLE WITHOUT KNOWING ITS HOWCOME

FROM WAT D POSTER WROTE, IS THEIR ANYTHING HYPOCRITICAL THERE?

4 UR INFORMATION PASTOR BAKARE DOESN'T HATE YAR'ADUA

HE IS JUST SAYING IT AS IT OUGHT TO BE

ANYWAY, MIND UR SPEECH SO U DON'T INCURE THE ANGER OF GOD TO UR SELF AND UR SELF ALONE,

PISS OUT
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by javalove(m): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2008
@uchvic

the guy is a big tyme hypocrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They talk rubbish and attribute it to God almighty!!! Okotie did it with confidence, saying he is God sent. Now this mumu pastor sef wey say Yaradua is God sent is telling him to pack.

Which kind of God does he worship, a doubting God?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Chetachuku(m): 12:31am On Sep 27, 2008
The president is intelligent enough to know when the party is over. Pastor Bakare serves the all powerful God. He can pray for Mr. president's good health. Did God tell him he will not answer that type of prayer?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Sep 27, 2008
Chetachuku:

The president is intelligent enough to know when the party is over. Pastor Bakare serves the all powerful God. He can pray for Mr. president's good health. Did God tell him he will not answer that type of prayer?

please do not tell me you will believe any answer he gives in response to that question of yours, lol
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by akolemoney: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2008
" he his the same hypocritical idiot"

hello all, in as much as we all need to bare our minds on the controversial issue or pastor tunde bakare, we still need to be more careful with our uterance againg a man of GOD. the above coment is just to harsh on the man even if he is not a pastor. i think i agree with what one of us said that you need toask God for forgiveness.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by imeziano(m): 11:35am On Oct 03, 2008
Look Nairalanders,the fact that pastor bakare calls for Yar'adua's resignation is an advice which is up to the President to Oblige; if he thinks he is capable.This should not be taken lightly.

Though at first he acknowledged him as anointed of God is no lie at all because, the mere fact that God allowed him to assume this exalted position is divinely ochestrated like saul in the scriptures.I liken Yaradua to pilate inthe scriptures.

No matter the perspective from which pastor is speaking,his comments cannot be understood from a mere literary/denotative perspective or angle,rather spiritually.Thus,you can't rule out the fact that pastor makes some sense.He may be calling for the president's resignation as an advice/warning which he did during Obj's reign, at the end of the day the past president took the advice/warning lightly-What happened?;Obj messed up big time in office.Thus,the manner this advice comes,as controversial as it may be, it shouldnt be taken lightly for no reason.The choice to resign or not to is left for Yar'adua not us.

Concerning Prophecies,the fact that in times past, pastor has drawn a lot of criticism/Skepticism based on his prophecies/comments do not rule him out as anointed or not. The prophecy as relates OBJ,though he didnt die physically but the state he is in in terms of achievement while in office,family e.t.c he's more or less a walking corpse.it depends on how you term "death".

Thus,stop speaking against a man of God before you incur wrath on thy head because i observe we like to make comments without weighing the pros and cons.Whether the pastor is false or right,confused or sane,Whether the president Yar'adua should resign or Not is not the issue .The High point of the matter is for us to look-up to God the author and finisher of our faith and not to any Man.

You keep on Arguing from now till eternity what God has purposed will be.I only advise you all in your Interest to keep praying that God's will be done not to give the devil room to Blacklist True men of God if they are, at the expense of false prophets because the devil's End time strategy is to discredit Godly men of God who would prophecy at times and may not come to pass as permitted by God's will; and promote false prophets who may perform signs and wonders to our amazement and amusement.

Yaradua's Capability will speak out at the end of his term as God/Destiny permits.

Talking about Interest in Politics,Everybody as far as you are Nigerian is a stake holder no matter the position,status or whatever.Politics is not for a selected few;so the fact pastor bears his mind from the pulpit shouldnt be criticised instead you either take it or leave it, not to make a mince meat out of a trivial Issue that rather doesnt concern us but the party to whom it concerns.NOTE:RELIGION forms the bedrock for Politics even in biblical times.

Y are you all crying over spilled milk, The man of GOD cannot withdraw his statement and yaradua is not ready to step down.So why shout?, Na only GOD himslelf fit help this country, so don't believe what tunde bakare said will make the president step down, HELL NO!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by lightest(m): 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2008
very soon this so call Pastor Bakare will be stone to death. some years ago he said God told him that Obasanjo was going to die yet the man is still leaving after all the havoc Obasanjo did to this country. Just imagine if Obasanjo died really the so called man of God would have rake in millions of foreign currency and our naira will not be spared of course. To me the so celebrated Pastor Bakare is really working on numbers where permutation and combinations are the other of the day. But God know a way af disgracing people like them. He had made so many prophecy that have not even surface talkless of coming to past. Now the question is Does your own God Lie? I think he should enroll himself to class where calculus is been taught and forget about making his self acclaim prophecy. All this Pastors self, Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Transparency International To GEJ: 'Your Country Is A Den Of Thieves' / PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless / Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.