Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104640 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
So i will no longer be an indigen of Imo? Hmmmm. Njaba.....*speechless*

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by herald9: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
If a new state is created from Cross River...
it will be good_
They got a lot of wasted lands,its time someone make use of them...
imagine Akwa Ibom with 31 LGAs and Cross River with only 18!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by tunde1200(m): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Oya state not among those states why?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Donmarrius: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: You don't get it! No part of Anambra is interested in being carved out of the present Anambra. That said I feel relieved that my town Uga will not be affected.

We have said it times without number, we Anambrans are not interested in any such state creation, we don't want any part of us to be touched in whatever guise.

The only viable state in the SE is Adada and Anioma!

Your opinion as regards whether some LGAs in Anambra,will be carved out or not,will be grossly insignificant,when the time comes.
Stop making it look as if Anambra statet is your family name!.
When time comes,those who holds the stake in Anambra,and Igbo nation,will definitely speak.
Or was Anambra not created from somewhere?.

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by babadem2much(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Obiagelli][color=blue] in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

Lol that ur swagg mek me fall of bench n roll on d floor. Laff don finish me die
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EmeeNaka: 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
disloman: never knew u were this dumb.
oh my! Whats dumb there?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
If I have my way I will scrap the existing 36 states, and create 6 regions. The composition will follow the existing 6 geo-political zones with minor changes. These are their capitals:
1. North West - Sokoto.
2. North East - Kaduna.
3. North Central - Ilorin.
4. South West - Lagos.
5. South South - Port Harcourt.
6. South East - Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
texaco1: dontt tell me you believe that gej will create more states,those guys at the are only having a nice time and saying what ppl want to hear, can't u see that even on this thread some ppl are already fighting for capital. I am sure gej will be laughing and saying to himself see these mumus. All this talk talk is just to waste time, and douse tension and give pdp a platform to campaign on . Gej is the smartest president. He knows how to handle nigerians

Aha, I for fear. The whole state creation crusade makes no sense. I guess GEJ knows better than take them seriously.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nothing good will come out of this, not even 0.01% good will come out of this. This country is heading towards serious chaos and all these people can think of is this? Goddamnn!!! So they wan use their own dirty and bloody hands light this great nation ablaze. God is watching o, God is watching oocry

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Kingspin(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
We must as a matter of lessons create states to bring money to the centre not the other way round. The country cannot develop with the current system of sharing free food to all the 36 states.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Sike(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Savanna state sounds cute tho. But I love Ijebu state.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lildreezy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Just as you are displaying your hate here on Urhobos abi?, You probably never met any in your life. No problem mister, we pray and truly want you to have your state. We will not be made to listen to your gibberish anymore.

well it seems u're urhobo, and so u'll simply turn a blind eye to the fact on ground. How many ibos hold sway in pdp in delta state apart from Okowa? Forget cosmetic politics of ochei and co, we know the urhobos call d shots and they are not about to share with anyone. Why has there been no anioma governor since state creation? We were hoping for Okowa, but now it seems its Orubebe. Just talk from a neutral point of view and u'll see my point.
I don't hate anyone, by best friends in sec school were urhobos, and i'v dated urhobo ladies too. They own and colonized d deltan political space. Take it/leave it.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Orlando Owoh: If I have my way I will scrap the existing 36 states, and create 6 regions. The composition will follow the existing 6 geo-political zones with minor changes. These are their capitals:
1. North East - Sokoto.
2. North West - Kaduna.
4. South West - Lagos.
6. South East - Enugu.

I agree! Along with a weakening of the centre and increased devolution of powers to the regions. . .and resource control!

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Figments of your imagination. Present Orlu senatorial zone and most parts of Ihiala have been in same old Orlu division until the creation of old Imo state. Till today, most Catholic Church parishes in Ihiala local govt area are in Orlu Catholic diocese.

Political stalwarts from Ihiala Lga joined up with others in Orlu to sign and present the demand for Njaba state, the first demand for state in the southeast at the NPRC in 2005.

So pls, stop creating your own imaginary and self-serving division between Imo West zone and and Ihiala. You know it, by any yardstick adopted by Nigeria to create a sixth state in the southeast area, ANIM/NJABA state comes first.
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EmeeNaka: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Orlando Owoh: If I have my way I will scrap the existing 36 states, and create 6 regions. The composition will follow the existing 6 geo-political zones with minor changes. These are their capitals:
1. North East - Sokoto.
2. North West - Kaduna.
4. South West - Lagos.
6. South East - Enugu.
hmm! What will the minor changes be?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Sunshinelady(f): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Engr DozzyMary: people lyk u r d probs we hv in d east! Smone 4rm d north dnt kia wat d name of d new st8 is or d mother state, dia interest is d northern region is xpanding. So, gentleman leave sentiments out! Wateva de cal d state, no issue @ al. Smtyms i wonder aw easterns ll manage Biafran if de r askd 2 go dia way 2day!
. True, igbos segregate amongst demselves too much.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Donmarrius: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
VICTORCIZA: Remove Ihiala from your silly njaba state and continue!!!
how can you take a single local government from a state to merge it will multitude of local governments from another state? that's silly because there is going to be marginalization!
Add atleast 4 local governments from anambra in it.
This will ferment alot of troubles if these abnormalities in this njaba state is not corrected! quote me anywhere!!!!

Last i checked,Anambra was ably represented in the confab.
Stop making it look as though those representatives,are dumbass!.
Finally,channel your anger,to the appropriate quarters.
NJABA state,isn't begging for Ihiala.
Allow the elders of Ihiala to voice,if they ain't satisfied with the proposition.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M. Ayedun for governor of Savanna State,2015. You have my support.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EasternLeopard: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
1. North East - Sokoto.
2. North West - Kaduna.
4. South West - Lagos.
6. South East - Enugu.

Rubbish

Do you know that apart from SW and SE all other geo-political zones are made of several ethnic groups which is a source of conflict eg Idoma vs Tivs.

So state creation can help to reduce ethnic tension

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Innodon: This is the reason why the past and present Anambra state governments refused to develop the Uli campus of Anambra state university. Meanwhile none of the past four governors are frim that side. Ngige, Obi, Etiaba and now Obiano have refused to erect any morw structure on the one Mbadinuju built. meanwhile mbadinuju is from Ihiala LGC which will make up part of the new proposed Njaba/Amin state. This has been on the plans of south eats politicians since 2002. The uli campus is in Ihiala LGA.

Ihiala Lga sems to have had it rough with development since the agitation for Njaba state began in the last decade. Orlu senatorial zone has also had it rough with denied development since then.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by alpha75(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dear Lord Jesus!!!, are this people reasoning with their brain at all. Mrs Ngozi is complaining there is no money, we are owning world bank,many of the 32 states are poor, the roads are not all ok, power is not stable and what this doro idiots can come up with is creation of ADDITIONAL 18 STATES. Hmm, well I guess Nigeria has a bigger issue that a common nigerian can think of. Instead of them to bend down and reason like erudite scholars they are but this is all they could come up with. Revenue allocation don suffer!!!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ptownman: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
What is Orachi state? We want Port Harcourt state. Let the Okirikas go there own way. They are full of trouble.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by fabregas04(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
I can't find Okun state in d list, is dat an omission or what?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Sunshinelady(f): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
VICTORCIZA: my big brother married from ihiala and the lady has been cursing and shouting about including ihiala in njaba state. Ihiala people should stay with their Anambra brothers.
orlu get your state and leave ihiala people alone
. She can curse & shout all she wants, once d agreement is signed & stamped by d senate & ogas @d top, okwu agwu! Dats all! Hehehe, d sooner she starts gettin used to being from Njaba state, d better 4her grin

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Idrismusty97(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
1. North East - Sokoto.
2. North West - Kaduna.
4. South West - Lagos.
6. South East - Enugu.
Sokoto is no where near Northeast! Look your map again. Sokoto is along the border of Niger republic
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lero15(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
bola4dprec: creation of state shouldn't based on ethnicity one Nigeria
u wldnt understand...
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LilPeezy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
National Conference: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital
By editor on July 6, 2014

Details of the 18 new states proposed by the ongoing National Conference t be created in addition to the 36 already in existence have been identified.

This was contained in the documents obtained Saturday.

Edu state - Bida

For the proposed Edu State, which will be created out of the present Niger State, it will be made up of Agagie, Bida North, Edati, Agbakoba, Katcha, Lapai, Labun and Mokwa Local Governments with its capital in Bida.

Apa state - Otukpo

Apa State will be carved out of the present Benue State and made up of Agatu, Apa, Otukpo, Oju, Obi, Obi, Ohimini, Okpokwu and Ofbadigbo Local Government Areas with capital in Otukpo.

Kainji state - Zuru

If Kainji State is created, it will be created from the present Kebbi and Niger states and it will be made up of Danko/Wasagu, Fakai, Zuru, Shanga, Sakaba, Nhaski, Yauri, Rijau, Mariga, Magama, Kontagora, Agwara, Borgo and Mashefu Local Governments. Its capital is proposed to be in Zuru.

Katagun state - Azare

For the proposed Katagun State, which is recommended to be created out of Bauchi State, it will be made up of Gamasa, Dam-an, Misau, Giade, Shira, Jama’re, Itas/Gadau, Zaki with the capital in Azare.

Savanna state - Biu

If Savanna State is created as recommended, it will be from the present Borno State and it will be made up of Gwoza, Chibok, Askira/Uba, Biu, Hawul, Shani, Kwaya-Kusar, Bayo and Damboa Local Governments with its capital in Biu.

Amana state - Mubi

Amana State is expected to be created from Adamawa State from Maiha, Mubi North, Mubi South, Hong, Michika and Madagali Local Government Areas with capital in Mubi.

Gurara state - Kachia

The conference also recommended that Gurara State be created out of Kaduna State, with Sanga, Jama’a, Jaba, Kargako, Kaura, Zango Kataf, Kachia, Kajuru, Chikun, Lere Local Governments as constituent parts. Its capital will be Kachia.

Ghari state -

If Ghari is created from Kano State, it will be made up of the following local governments:Bagwai, Bixhi, Dawakin Tofa, Dambatta, Gwarzo, Kabo, Kunchi, Makoda, Rimin Gado, Shanono, Tofa and Tsanyawa. Its capital has not been decided.

Etiti state -

Also, the capital of the proposed Etiti State has not been decided, but it will consist of Orumba North, Orumba South, Agwu, Animi, Oji River, Ivo, Afikpo North/South, Okigwe, Onuimo, Ehime Mbano, Umunneochi and Isiukwuato Local Government Areas.

Aba state - Aba

The proposed Aba State will have its capital in Aba town, which is part of the present Abia State. It is expected to be made up of Isiala, Isiala Ngwa South, Obingwa, Aba South, Ugwunagbo, Aba North, Ukwa West, Ukwa East and Osisioma Ngwa Local Governments.

Adada state - Nsukka

Adada State, which is expected to be created from the present Enugu State, will have its capital in Nsukka. It will consist of Igbo-Etiti, Igbo-Eze North, Igbo-Eze South, Isibor-Uzochukwu, Nsukka, Udenu and Uzo-Uwani.

Njaba/Anim state - Orlu

Njaba/Anim State is recommended to be created from Imo and Anambra states with the capital in Orlu. Local governments expected to be under it are Orlu, Orau, Oru East, Oru West, Ohaji/Egbema, Ogut! Njaba, Isu, Nwangele, Mkwere, Ideato Nirth, Ideato South and Ihiala.

New Oyo state -

The New Oyo State has no capital yet, but local governments that are expected to be part of it from the present Oyo State are Irepo, Olorunsogo, Oorelope, Saki East, Saki West, Atisbo, Itesiwaju, Iwajowa, Kajola, Iseyin, Afijio, Oyo East, Atiba, Ogoja Oluwa, Surulere, Ogbomosho North, Ogbomosho South and Orire.

Ijebu state - Ijebu-Ode

The proposed Ijebu State from the present Ogun State will have its capital in Ijebu-Ode, and made up of such Local Government Areas like Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu-North East, Ogun Waterside, Odogbolu, Ijebu East, Shagamu, Ikenne and Remo North.

Ogoja state - Ogoja

Ogoja State, which is expected to be carved out of the present Cross River State, will have its capital in Ogoja. It will be made up of Bekwarra, Bokki, Etung, Ikom, Obanliku, Obubra, Obudu, Ogoja and Yala Local Government Areas.

Anioma state - Asaba

The expected Anioma State to be created from Delta State will also have its capital in Asaba, if the proposal scales through. Local Government areas expected to be under it are Aniocha North, Aniocha South, Ika North-East, Ika South, Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Oshimili North, Oshimili South and Ukwaani.

Orachi state -

Orachi state, from Rivers State

http://www.theparadigmng.com/?p=19667
as far as am concern.....dis states na wash, so una no gv ijaw pple 1single state.....e no go legit @all....okpokpas mata
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Alorotimi: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
well, we are expecting Akoko State btw Ondo state and Ekiti state. Akoko in combination with Imesi Ekiti and others. Agricultural back bone of both Ondo and Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Are these people remotely serious?

There is fire on a volcanic mountain that's not even erupting yet, instead of putting it out so that it won't cause a domino effect, the idiots are busy looking for more logs to surround the small fire with.

Okay, na. We go siddon dey look na. Sebi we dey shout make ghana go, plenty Naijarians go soon run go rep. Of. Benin as we dey so.

Mtchewwww. More states. Rubbish!!!!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Obiagelli: in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

This is the first time I am liking your post. hilarious
mehn, the kids' young lungs will collapse after chanting 56 states and capital .

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by armadeo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

All those analysing how the states should be hope you all read this. Am really surprised at us. We can't even make headway with 36 states we want more. Smh.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maybel(m): 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
Yes o. We can't continue to live with those people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.