Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230648 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Jakumo:

Any time when I shak Sapele Wata finish, na so I go dey see different-different vision and revelation, come begin dey narrate am for Nairaland.
can i av some of the sapele wata?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Bro, Only baba God knows o...If sabotage exists or not...But morale is now so low, you question if its worth it...
is it true dat some boys deserted last week?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
cirmuell: you think they can get their hands on any of those?

A Stinger missile system is extremely expensive, and most of those that found their way into the wrong hands during various conflicts have already been fired. The most recent use of a Stinger was nearly a decade ago when some terrorists in Iraq invited a French film crew to witness the downing of a commercial aircraft.

The target chosen was a DHL Boeing 767 that was climbing out to cruise altitude after departure from Bhagdad airport. The missile connected with the right wing of the jet, which then circled back to the departure airport with one wing-tip aflame, and made a safe landing that ranks among the most challenging and perilous in modern aviation history. The entire approach and landing was filmed by US helicopter gunships that happened to be orbiting the area when the burning bird came in hot for that emergency touch-down.

All told, the likelihood is very remote indeed that the Boko Haram terror gang can afford to buy a black market Stinger missile system, whose projectiles run several hundred thousand dollars a pop, and whose operation requires extensive training.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
egbaguy: can i av some of the sapele wata?

Dem dey soak my own supply with one kind strong bitter-leaf when dey turn eye well-well. Who no know go know.

If I mistake send even small like this and dash you, dem go arrest me one-two, say I dey try to take am kill person when never sabi how the ting be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerian Army..Frontlines of the North East.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Jakumo:

Dem dey soak my own supply with one kind strong bitter-leaf when dey turn eye well-well. Who no know go know.

If I mistake send even small like this and dash you, dem go arrest me one-two, say I dey try to take am kill man pikin when never sabi how the ting be.
oooops,sorry sir. Just went tru ur profile. U av been here since 2005. But sir,dnt u think u joining d NA go make sense?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Night patrols in the N.E....Most dangerous missions on the frontlines.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army..Frontlines of the North East.
bro,the second picture,that thing nah gun?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
It would be nice to see a wide distribution of night-vision helmet-mounted monocles and Generation 3 or 4 night-vision rifle-sights among the federal ground forces.

Some more of that kind of gear would hand the good guys a MAJOR logistical advantage when the sun goes down and some targets need precision offing in pitch darkness.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Night patrols in the N.E....Most dangerous missions on the frontlines.
is dat real image? is dat dust all over his body or some sort of carmourflag?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
egbaguy: bro,the second picture,that thing nah gun?

Na him dem dey call RPG7 ( Rocket Propelled Grenade) Launcher.

If dem take am fire big lorry ONCE like this, na only the frame go remain to take eye see, and everybody when dey inside am go tear pieces and cook like 40 naira suya meat.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
egbaguy: bro,the second picture,that thing nah gun?
RPG

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by shakol91(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Night patrols in the N.E....Most dangerous misisions on the frontlines.
OMG this is shiit there is no night hardware for this guy to operate successfully. I said it in my previous post that there should be night strategies/tactics with excellent tools to counter insurgents in mid-night. God please help your children fighting for Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Secret detentions and assasinations

To the former, been there done that. E.g. Giwa Barracks, DSS detention facilities.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Tyche(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: God help us all...To say that we are losing this war is giving in to pessimism....To say we are winning, is being optimistic....Troops are falling these past few weeks like flies...Sabotage from within? Help us Lord, for your Warriors are fighting your enemies....This past 3 weeks have been savage.

I lost all the sleep in my eyes reading this. Jehova knows that these savages will not have their way.

Our soldiers will triumph. May those who lost their lives never do so in vain, Amen

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army..Frontlines of the North East.
so dis our t 55 tank still dey?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SergeAlain: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
giles14: so dis our t 55 tank still dey?

Not T55, more likely the Vickers Eagle. British made tank.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
SergeAlain:

Not T55, more likely the Vickers Eagle. British made tank.
are u sure cos d mk3 tanks look more classical
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
Boko Haram is fighting this war with a long term strategy im mind. The problem is are the Nigerian Military and the Political class fighting back with their own strategy?

I think we should really reflect on this and decide whether we really need to change the way we fight this cancer.

If not...
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Night patrols in the N.E....Most dangerous missions on the frontlines.
Without sounding patronising, can we (ordinary Nigerians) contribute money to buy our army Night vision equipments? It is suicidal to go out like this in the night. Boko Haram will be picking them one by one.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by hebex12(m): 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
olapluto:
Without sounding patronising, can we (ordinary Nigerians) contribute money to buy our army Night vision equipments? It is suicidal to go out like this in the night. Boko Haram will be picking them one by one.

Abi naw since d government cant do their duty I dnt tink dere is something wrong wif dt
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
olapluto:

Night-vision gear costs a bushel basket-full of dollars. A Generation 4 night-vision rifle sight will set you back well over 7 thousand dollars USD, or one million naira EACH.

Only a government could ever produce the funds to make multiple buys of such pricey equipment, and yet, the ability to take accurate kill shots at night can make all the difference between winning and losing a modern-day armed conflict.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 12:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Night-vision gear costs a bushel basket-full of dollars. A Generation 4 night-vision rifle sight will set you back well over 7 thousand dollars USD, or one million naira EACH.

Only a government could ever produce the funds to make multiple buys of such pricey equipment, and yet, the ability to take accurate kill shots at night can make all the difference between winning and losing a modern-day armed conflict.
Good point, but I do not think we need up to Gen 4. Gen III will do and I saw those for about 300 dollars or so. I am sure Nigerians can raise 600k dollars for that.
A bulk order of http://www.binoculars.com/night-vision/night-vision-goggles/yukonviking1x24nightvisiongogglekit.cfm should cost about 300 dollars.
Painfully, that is chicken change to most politicians. Sad how unbalanced Nigeria really is.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Gclan: my answer have been said by another person

And you think these are tactics not carried out by various arms of nigerian security services?

Nigeria has always had secret detention facilities, the military also carries out targeted assasinations of HVTs.

Infact in 1984, nigeria hatched a plan and almost succeeded in the kidnap and transfer of umaru dikko from the U.K to Nigeria. We did not begin to carry out complex missions today.

We have a rich, glorious military history. The problems we see today are multifaceted
, neither does it have a straight forward solution to it.

However in the Area of procurments, we haven't had a comprehensive review of the military since the shagari era, due to reasons ranging from Sanctions imposed on nigeria, Economics and politics.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 15, 2014
North-east

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by realnas(m): 2:47am On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

A Stinger missile system is extremely expensive, and most of those that found their way into the wrong hands during various conflicts have already been fired. The most recent use of a Stinger was nearly a decade ago when some terrorists in Iraq invited a French film crew to witness the downing of a commercial aircraft.

The target chosen was a DHL Boeing 767 that was climbing out to cruise altitude after departure from Bhagdad airport. The missile connected with the right wing of the jet, which then circled back to the departure airport with one wing-tip aflame, and made a safe landing that ranks among the most challenging and perilous in modern aviation history. The entire approach and landing was filmed by US helicopter gunships that happened to be orbiting the area when the burning bird came in hot for that emergency touch-down.

All told, the likelihood is very remote indeed that the Boko Haram terror gang can afford to buy a black market Stinger missile system, whose projectiles run several hundred thousand dollars a pop, and whose operation requires extensive training.
. Bros to add to it sef d c I a hav successfully mopped d black market of stinger missiles that is y d syrian rebels are takin a beating frm assad without american approval it wil be veri difficult for any one talkless of bh to lay its hands on a stinger and besides d stinger hs a shelf of only 5 yrs after that it wil be inoperable that's hw raytheon its manufacturers configured it so bros forget unless a super is backing bh it wil be difficult 4 dem to lay their hands on that toy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 5:49am On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: I think the military are using this mole of a thing to justify their lack of courage in facing boko haram head one. Nigerian Army seemed to be falling apart, from the video of Giwa attack in which boko haram practically entered one of the most secured military facility in Sub Sahara Africa with ease left me dumbfounded. That Giwa barrack attack really exposed the failures of the military.

Secondly, one reason why some units of army staged a mutiny in which the CO was fired at, and subsequently replaced was that they where asked to embark on a night journey in what they term as enemy lines. But we have seen on countless occations how boko haram have taken the war to the army doorstep. The recent attack in Damboua is a case study where a whole brigade was completely wiped out. From what I heard, new military hardware where lost in that Damboua episode.

Thirdly, one of my neighbour from a MOPOL unit in Abuja just returned from a combat operation course in Gwoza, Borno. I was surprised to learn that MOPOL are still going on course in such violate region. He told us chilling tales of how they usually see boko haram convey going in and out of Gwoza, Liman Kara & Madagali at will without challenge. That their flash lights are visible from miles, especially when ascending or descending from Gwoza hills.

Conclusively, the NA are not proactive from my understanding, they just sit down and wait for boko haram to attack them and the Oga @The Top will release mind blowing figures of hundreds of boko boys killed. Of recent all the engagements btw the NA and boko boys are either boko boys attacking NA military bases or ambushing of NA Patrol convey. How do you fight a war when you wait for your enemy to take the initiative ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:00am On Jul 15, 2014
NafeesaAA: SiriusBlack: I think the military are using this mole of a thing to justify their lack of courage in facing boko haram head one. Nigerian Army seemed to be falling apart, from the video of Giwa attack in which boko haram practically entered one of the most secured military facility in Sub Sahara Africa with ease left me dumbfounded. That Giwa barrack attack really exposed the failures of the military.

Secondly, one reason why some units of army staged a mutiny in which the CO was fired at, and subsequently replaced was that they where asked to embark on a night journey in what they term as enemy lines. But we have seen on countless occations how boko haram have taken the war to the army doorstep. The recent attack in Damboua is a case study where a whole brigade was completely wiped out. From what I heard, new military hardware where lost in that Damboua episode.

Thirdly, one of my neighbour from a MOPOL unit in Abuja just returned from a combat operation course in Gwoza, Borno. I was surprised to learn that MOPOL are still going on course in such violate region. He told us chilling tales of how they usually see boko haram convey going in and out of Gwoza, Liman Kara & Madagali at will without challenge. That their flash lights are visible from miles, especially when ascending or descending from Gwoza hills.

Conclusively, the NA are not proactive from my understanding, they just sit down and wait for boko haram to attack them and the Oga @The Top will release mind blowing figures of hundreds of boko boys killed. Of recent all the engagements btw the NA and boko boys are either boko boys attacking NA military bases or ambushing of NA Patrol convey. How do you fight a war when you wait for your enemy to take the initiative ?
u aint far frm d truth. U cant put all the blame on the NA,....NAF are damn useless

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NafeesaAA(f): 6:14am On Jul 15, 2014
egbaguy: u aint far frm d truth. U cant put all the blame on the NA,....NAF are damn useless

NAF case is different, they have to make do with what they have. It would have been a different case if they had the equipments and they are not performing. But NA are the worst culprits, half of Boko haram weapons are source from the military. Remember the Mongulo barrack Attack that gifted Boko haram their first consignments of RPG and GPMG. I could remember vividly, immediately after the attack the NA released a statement that they kill close to 100 invading boko haram fighters that attempted to enter the barrack. But after a week boko haram released a video of bounties they stole from the attack with NA paint, inscriptions on them. Boko haram currently have 6 or more APC all seized from the military.

My brother, forget this mole or lack of equipment clauses they normally put forward, the military are afraid of Boko haram, they are even avoiding them, from the pictures on this thread, it is evident that they are not under supplied with weapons. Unless if they wanted Nuclear weapons.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2014
NafeesaAA.........i wnt fault ur claims cos av always av these fears myself. I wnt still strike out d possibility of moles within d rank and file of the NA. But if the NAF,even with there nt to superb fighter jets av been effective giving air cover. We do watch war films,and see ao important fighter jets are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:40am On Jul 15, 2014
Where do people hear all this fake story about new military hardware falling into wrong hands av watched all the videos sent out by BH if you watched itr closely those barstard BH deed some graphics that made those APC looked real, they call it lithography and except for two videos that capture military "truck /cap star" painted in camouflage and it was later capture in another video. I did my NYSC in maiduguri during the first outbrake of BH when mohamed yussuf was captured and killed in fact where I stay "abaganaram" its just a stone throw to is mosque or camp then They where not called BH. What am I driving @ that the Giwa barracks that was overrun and taken over is just a newly created no proper fence/defence it was not heavily fortified they where created durin the administration of herinjika., I think our army is not that bad such things as happen to power full military power that we look up to 2day : russians during the afghan wars in 80's they left, france in the vietnam they took to there heels. Its part of growing for our military only we should learn from our mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 7:05am On Jul 15, 2014
NafeesaAA: SiriusBlack: I think the military are using this mole of a thing to justify their lack of courage in facing boko haram head one. Nigerian Army seemed to be falling apart, from the video of Giwa attack in which boko haram practically entered one of the most secured military facility in Sub Sahara Africa with ease left me dumbfounded. That Giwa barrack attack really exposed the failures of the military.

my Sista did ur story self.pls ask d mopol who started d war,no d police.so since d mopols saw d terrorist wot did dey do.dem also sit down dey watch

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.