Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230645 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by rugged7(m): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Osama10(m): 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
cool
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: How big is Sambisa? Before the last thread got wiped by the data loss, I said how big Sambisa is...someone said that the Army is just giving excuses...The Chibok girls could be Anywhere!....Sambisa Games Reserve covers 63,000sqkm...that is 40 times the size of London, 20 times the size of Lagos state and...Wait for it.......,,,, FAAR bigger than the entire south-west Nigeria....NOW, people complain.,,"Foolish army, why can't they just Invade ehn?" Or Why can't the Air force just bomb the place joor"...let me tell you, if the Army invades Sambisa, entire Battalions will be wiped off..What is needed is high-level military tactics and the best equipment the World has to offer...Sambisa is not even a forest...its more like a savannah grassland,...pasture here, desert there..and so on...the place stretches across 4 states in the North East and can swallow an entire Division...Going into Sambisa without Air cover is near-suicide, but that is what the Proud Professionals of the Army have been doing so far..Even if the NAF drops hundreds of bombs into sambisa, its a waste of time...Sambisa, my brother, is a FORTRESS.

WOW shocked shocked Never knew that the place is a very large expanse of land ooo....i doff my cap for the Nigeria Military and the Army in particular. God will help Nigeria. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Son don't be scared

You are not dying

Sometimes war turns sour but a soldier must have faith in the final victory

In military voice

OFFICER SIRIUS

DO YOU STILL BELIEVE IN VICTORY

If you do

YES COMRADE EASTERNLEOPARD

Fellow Nigerians if you agree with me

type

GO NIGERIA MILITARY VICTORIA ACERTA

GO NIGERIA MILITARY, VICTORIA ACERTA!!!!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2014
decatalyst:
GO NIGERIA MILITARY, VICTORIA ACERTA!!!!

[size=14pt] Yes indeedy. Go Nigeria Military ! Victoria Acerta, and, for good measure, Nihil Incarburendum Illegitimi. [/size]
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2014
gudmor'ng comrades cool
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:19am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigerian troops at Army's late 2013 Major operations at Gambarugala, Borno State.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2014
Battle terrain of N.E operations..Ambush and sandstorm prone....also aids Insurgent mobility.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

[size=14pt] Yes indeedy. Go Nigeria Military ! Nihil Incarburendum Illegitimi. [/size]

Pls interprete

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Insurgent vehicle intercepted by troops after terrorists raided a Village market..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

[size=14pt] Yes indeedy. Go Nigeria Military ! Victoria Acerta, and, for good measure, Nihil Incarburendum Illegitimi. [/size]
Hi comrade,what language and meaning pls. grin
Jakumo:

Hi comrade,what language and meaning pls.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
ObiOkpor:
Hi comrade,what language and meaning pls. grin
Hi comrade,what language and meaning pls.

Eastern Leopard submitted the phrase "Victoria Acerta", which means "Victory is Certain", when translated from Latin.

My own Latin battle cry, Nihil Incarburendum Illegitimi", means "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down." , and I offer it as my rallying call for front-line troops facing slave-raiding gangs of born bastards ready to die for non-existent virgins in heaven.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
NafeesaAA:

NAF case is different, they have to make do with what they have. It would have been a different case if they had the equipments and they are not performing. But NA are the worst culprits, half of Boko haram weapons are source from the military. Remember the Mongulo barrack Attack that gifted Boko haram their first consignments of RPG and GPMG. I could remember vividly, immediately after the attack the NA released a statement that they kill close to 100 invading boko haram fighters that attempted to enter the barrack. But after a week boko haram released a video of bounties they stole from the attack with NA paint, inscriptions on them. Boko haram currently have 6 or more APC all seized from the military.

My brother, forget this mole or lack of equipment clauses they normally put forward, the military are afraid of Boko haram, they are even avoiding them, from the pictures on this thread, it is evident that they are not under supplied with weapons. Unless if they wanted Nuclear weapons.

With great respect to Sirius

You echo my view which I presented b4 Nairaland was attacked.

Our faulty man-know-man recruitment process has ended up filling our ranks-and-files with people who are just looking for means to earn a living.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nigerian Airforce have taken delivery of first 2 of 6 ordered MI-35M helicopters.

The MI-35M is the most advanced MI-35 helicopter in the market. Unlike the MI-35p, MI-24v and MI-24D models the Nigerian Airforce flies, the MI-35M comes with more advanced avionics, a much more improved targeting system and badly needed FLIR capabilities.

FLIR ( thermal imagery, night vision and and infrared camera system).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian Airforce have taken delivery of first 2 of 6 ordered MI-35M helicopters.

The MI-35M is the most advanced MI-35 helicopter in the market. Unlike the MI-35p, MI-24v and MI-24D models the Nigerian Airforce flies, the MI-35M comes with more advanced avionics, a much more improved targeting system and badly needed FLIR capabilities.

One thing I fear about helicopters is that it's prone to RPG attacks. Or is this particular one different?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian Airforce have taken delivery of first 2 of 6 ordered MI-35M helicopters.

Good news. I hope the defence hq gives it to the army to use as part of its airUnit
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
signz:

One thing I fear about helicopters is that it's prone to RPG attacks. Or is this particular one different?
including gunfire. But advance helos like these should have strong armour and other defensive equipments on board to neutralize incoming rockets

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: including gunfire. But advance helos like these should have strong armour and other defensive equipments on board to neutralize incoming rockets

I hope sooo. These terrorists have rpgs and A A guns

I know am a novice but isn't it better we deploy fighter jets than this helo that can be torn to shreds by bokos technicals. I mean use the money we use in buying the helos, add small money and buy a fighter jet ?

Shooting down a helo (an easier target) will have a tremendous adverse effect on the morale of the military and the general populace. With NLdrs shouting how incompetent our military is. I sincerely pray it doesn't happen
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
signz:

I know am a novice but isn't it better we deploy fighter jets than this helo that can be torn to shreds by bokos technicals. I mean use the money we use in buying the helos, add small money and buy a fighter jet ?

Shooting down a helo (an easier target) will have a tremendous adverse effect on the morale of the military and the general populace. With NLdrs shouting how incompetent our military is. I sincerely pray it doesn't happen
most fighter jets are too fast and fly too high for this kinda Op.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: most fighter jets are too fast and fly too high for this kinda Op.

This is true for MOST fighter jets, BUT, the A10 Warthog, manufactured by Fairchild Republic, is purpose-built for conducting air-to-ground attacks that are often launched from VERY low altitudes, with the Warthogs hugging the ground as they vector inbound to unload obliterating fire on vehicles or fighters running about.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Eastern Leopard submitted the phrase "Victoria Acerta", which means "Victory is Certain", when translated from Latin.

My own Latin battle cry, Nihil Incarburendum Illegitimi", means "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down." , and I offer it as my rallying call for front-line troops facing slave-raiding gangs of born bastards ready to die for non-existent virgins in heaven.
hehehehehheheh,illusional virgin things.
Tnx for the info.Our troops will shout a joyful song of VICTORY,cus it come‘s from GOD alone.

*from me to our gallant troops in FRENCH - DIEU intervient Seigneur,ll riy a rien que tu ne peux pas faire which means in English, * GOD(Seigneur =Lord) intervene,there is nothing that You can not do.*
#We will get there#
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: most fighter jets are too fast and fly too high for this kinda Op.

Issokay i just pray for victory with very minimum casualties on our side.

Victory is certain wink
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

This is true for MOST fighter jets, BUT, the A10 Warthog, manufactured by Fairchild Republic, is purpose-built for conducting air-to-ground attacks that are often launched from VERY low altitudes, with the Warthogs hugging the ground as they vector inbound to unload obliterating fire on vehicles or fighters running about.
sapele wata?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jobsat34(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack:
EasternLeopard:
Ibnsultan:

Is it true that the NA are deserting their camp due to low morale ?
http://newsrescue.com/bokoharam-162-nigerian-troops-desert-army-just-last-week-morale-low/#ixzz37XoXvMvp
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

[img]http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft_images/33.jpg[/img]
Price - $ 11.7 million Old Plus $ 8.3 million New Upgrades – Total $ 20 million U.S.*

Avionics -
Pave Penny Laser Track Pod

Maximum Cruising Speed -
833.62 km per hr 518.00 mph

Maximum Payload -
7,257.60 kgs 16,000.00 lbs

dunno know how effective it is against attack!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
Go boys. You can do it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
signz:

Anybody who has used an RPG-7 will tell you that shooting down a gunship with that thing is almost impossible...exceptions are if the gunship if flying unusually low...RPG-7s are HIGHLY inaccurate at long ranges...the warhead after about 100 yards, veers off on its own..AAA will likely be the main threat to the gunships..but ill be honest with you, this government is not serious...why 6 gunships? We need at least 35-50 gunships for this war...6 gunships is even just about enough for the whole maiduguri...what about troops at the real frontlines at Gwarzo, Biita, Mandara mountains, Kirenowa, Cameroonian Border axis, Chad Basins, Alagarno and the other hotspots I did not mention? 6 gunships? Is it until Aso rock is bombed that these people will rise up to their responsibilities? Brave men are dying everyday because of lack of air cover...6 gunships?..GEJ Please I'm begging you on behalf of all the good men and women on this thread...Please Sir...we need Firepower!! Not recruitment of teens to come here and die like flies..Pls Sir.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: Anybody who has used an RPG-7 will tell you that shooting down a gunship with that thing is almost impossible...exceptions are if the gunship if flying unusually low...RPG-7s are HIGHLY inaccurate at long ranges...the warhead after about 100 yards, veers off on its own..AAA will likely be the main threat to the gunships..but ill be honest with you, this government is not serious...why 6 gunships? We need at least 35-50 gunships for this war...6 gunships is even just about enough for the whole maiduguri...what about troops at the real frontlines at Gwarzo, Biita, Mandara mountains, Kirenowa, Cameroonian Border axis, Chad Basins, Alagarno and the other hotspots I did not mention? 6 gunships? Is it until Aso rock is bombed that these people will rise up to their responsibilities? Brave men are dying everyday because of lack of air cover...6 gunships?..GEJ Please I'm begging you on behalf of all the good men and women on this thread...Please Sir...we need Firepower!! Not recruitment of teens to come here and die like flies..Pls Sir.

Thanks and I hope he reads this. What if he's been advised wrongly by top military men?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: Anybody who has used an RPG-7 will tell you that shooting down a gunship with that thing is almost impossible...exceptions are if the gunship if flying unusually low...RPG-7s are HIGHLY inaccurate at long ranges...the warhead after about 100 yards, veers off on its own..AAA will likely be the main threat to the gunships..but ill be honest with you, this government is not serious...why 6 gunships? We need at least 35-50 gunships for this war...6 gunships is even just about enough for the whole maiduguri...what about troops at the real frontlines at Gwarzo, Biita, Mandara mountains, Kirenowa, Cameroonian Border axis, Chad Basins, Alagarno and the other hotspots I did not mention? 6 gunships? Is it until Aso rock is bombed that these people will rise up to their responsibilities? Brave men are dying everyday because of lack of air cover...6 gunships?..GEJ Please I'm begging you on behalf of all the good men and women on this thread...Please Sir...we need Firepower!! Not recruitment of teens to come here and die like flies..Pls Sir.

Sirblack, do you think the govt, is unwilling to end this war, because everything happening around suggest they want it continue, I believe the sponsors have been known and refuse to name them, also not doing enough to help our troops win the war, do you think the govt. is not willing to end the war?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2014

I believe that the Nigeria Government does not lack the money to purchase the necessary Military Hardware, but the lack of "Political Will". Politicians are only concerned with what they can pocket and amass for their respective political parties...i observe that 'this' crop of politicians are not interested in building the defence of this country militarily not to even talk of building an enviable Military within the West African sub-region.

I dream of a day Nigeria will be an exporter of Military Hardwares...its something i really dream of. A Nation's military should be its pride...i get more sad when i hear or see people say arrant nonsense about a soldier not to talk of the Military as a whole cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria's allies in the War on Terror...CAMEROONIAN BIR troops at the Nigerian-Cameroonian Border..These peeps always come out tops in gun battles with Boko Haram militants..most likely owing to superior rifles.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigeria's allies in the War on Terror...CAMEROONIAN BIR troops at the Nigerian-Cameroonian Border..These peeps always come out tops in gun battles with Boko Haram militants..most likely owing to superior rifles.
I disagree dey com out cos d NA had weaken d book haram.and beside wot is d superior rifle used by d BIR pls I will like to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.