Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (231014 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: those guys are really assisting our NN(for free if guessed correctly) nothing will stop them from selling a few A10 IF we make the move.
if we buy A10 is it 1950 iron bombs that we are going to fit on it tell me?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
PrinxArthur1: if we buy A10 is it 1950 iron bombs that we are going to fit on it tell me?

No sir. Modern ordnance will be used, and the pilots will be adequately trained before they ever get airborne in anger.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by xterra2(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Uncle Sam has major vested business interests in Nigeria, and would NOT be prepared to stand by and watch the very existence of all those concerns threatened by the emergence of a fundamentalist terror regime in Nigeria.

In the likely event that those vested interests held by the United States are deemed important enough to dust off, re-arm and sell off a few old used A10 Warthogs to the federal side at some point during the course Nigeria's second civil war, then those planes will be on a vessel at sea heading for Nigeria so fast it will seem like magic when those birds of prey suddenly take to the air and proceed to whup major asz at the war
front.

I've got my family-sized bucket of popcorn here in this front-row seat to witness Nigeria's unfolding history, and this is one show I wouldn't miss for the world. Nothing beats an old-fashioned duke-out between the forces of good and evil, to bring the curtain down on a riveting show.

Well, Uncle Sam won't still sell it to us, apparently they won't sell anything to us, because of our Military Human Rights issue
NSA Dasuki requested help from uncle Sam last year, they refused but were quick to criticize our military although they were too kinds with words, our military under this C -in C and COAS are very clueless

Secondly, if a miracle were too happen, they would be strings attached, i hope we have learnt our lessons from the Jaguars acquisitions of yesteryear

Thirdly, with the Anti-Gay Law signed, they would use it to their advantage like threaten to cut off any support(maintenance, spare parts ) [believe me they would ] unless it gets repealed,
Fourthly, No technology Transfer whatsoever

Having said that, it is really sad, because the A 10 is such a beast, very good for COIN operations, i guess we can manage Super Tucanos instead which is very cheap to run around $500 per hour, especially useful in our case, where the Military commanders pocket our defense money and Finance Minister Madam Ngozi was boasting to the world about how she cut our defense spending in the middle of a war, quite shamefully, especially so when the WEF for Africa was marred by security problems and having the Capital City closed down

Good to see Mi 35 arriving, can we upgrade our older Mi 35 to the M version when the remaining 4 Mi 35M arrive i suggest one at a time to avoid having less air frames

Someone asked, using RPG and AA guns on the Mi 35, well i do know that Mi 28 are stronger than Mi 35 and hence can take more damage than Mi 35, the Mi 28 N (Night ) Kenya acquired some of those bad boys a while back, the Russian Air Force are migrating to Mi 28 and Ka 52, from the 2008 conflict they learnt Mi 24/35 is good but they needed something better

Btw, i think BH have our new Spartan APCs, watch Shekau's latest video.
It is a shame, and our clueless Military keeps lying angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
PrinxArthur1: I like Rafale jet cos its the lamborghini of all jet(in terms of dropping bombs) SU-35 cos its the 504 of all jets (lives longer,low servicing cost and better dog fight) Gripen keke napep of all jets (transfer of technology if u meet thier requirements)
Haba su-35 and T50 are nice birds. Not like the over rated f35. Nigerian army needs to have its own Air command with at least 100's of support birds for its troops
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: those guys are really assisting our NN(for free if guessed correctly) nothing will stop them from selling a few A10 IF we make the move.
yea with. There old unuse museum ships
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Cooleasy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Siriusblack sir, the events that took place yesterday morning at Askira uba is a tragedy. We've been rightly clamouring for the NAF to play a part in this war, but when that NAF plane joined the fight at Askira uba yesterday, the pilot appeared to be firing indiscriminately and four women plus two children were reportedly killed. Even Channels TV also carried a similar story. Sir, some details of the story are disturbing, to the extent that I will be glad if you tell me that it didn't happen because you are now an authority on the happenings on the war front. I would like to know your view sir, especially on why the pilot behaved that way.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
Cooleasy: @Siriusblack sir, the events that took place yesterday morning at Askira uba is a tragedy. We've been rightly clamouring for the NAF to play a part in this war, but when that NAF plane joined the fight at Askira uba yesterday, the pilot appeared to be firing indiscriminately and four women plus two children were reportedly killed. Even Channels TV also carried a similar story. Sir, some details of the story are disturbing, to the extent that I will be glad if you tell me that it didn't happen because you are now an authority on the happenings on the war front. I would like to know your view sir, especially on why the pilot behaved that way.

I don't mean to poke my nose here and try to answer a question not directed at me, BUT, collateral damage is a factor inherent in ALL conflicts, and Nigeria's war on terror is NO exception to that iron-clad rule. Sadly, as the number of air combat missions increases during this developing conflict, so too will the number of innocent civilians cut to ribbons by federal jets, helicopter gunships, errant artillery or mortar barrages, and of course, small arms fire. This routine but tragic reality is only of secondary importance to military tacticians and strategists, as they focus on the task at hand.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yes by donating a ship, which was virtually stripped to just the basic. Nice gesture still.

But asking for an A-10's is out of the table. You know it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yes by donating a ship, which was virtually stripped to just the basic. Nice gesture still.

But asking for A-10's is out of the table. You know it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: I don't have that info

Then listern to us

Sirius might not tell because of those around him in the war front but lots of guys know the truth.

Pls listern to us
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Then listern to us

Sirius might not tell because of those around him in the war front but lots of guys know the truth.

Pls listern to us
listen to who You. Rubbish. You know nothing about the Nigerian Army better than I do. My family have been serving these great country for decades and is still doing that. I have lost some to the War others coming home badly injured. The Mole problem is real. It could anybody a General/private of any tribe ready to sell info for Money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: listen to who You. Rubbish. You know nothing about the Nigerian Army better than I do. My family have been serving these great country for decades and is still doing that. I have lost some to the War others coming home badly injured. The Mole problem is real. It could anybody a General/private of any tribe ready to sell info for Money.

You claim you know the army better than me yet you do not know the region where most of the traitors come from.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Uncle Sam has major vested business interests in Nigeria, and would NOT be prepared to stand by and watch the very existence of all those concerns threatened by the emergence of a fundamentalist terror regime in Nigeria.

In the likely event that those vested interests held by the United States are deemed important enough to dust off, re-arm and sell off a few used A10 Warthogs to the federal side at some point during the course Nigeria's second civil war, then those planes will be on a vessel at sea heading for Nigeria so fast it will seem like magic when those birds of prey suddenly take to the air and proceed to whup major asz at the war
front.

I've got my family-sized bucket of popcorn here in this front-row seat to witness Nigeria's unfolding history, and this is one show I wouldn't miss for the world. Nothing beats an old-fashioned duke-out between the forces of good and evil, to bring the curtain down on a riveting show.
Yeah. We could even get some Apaches and the most prized F-22, and a bunch of F-15E to throw in the mix. That would be awesome.

Not happening Ever!!
Come down to something more realistic like an SU-25 or 35

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by idu1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
At all, hw una take knw all these weapons names and their specs. I dey hail oooo. God bless NA

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:
Yeah. We could even get some Apaches and the most prized F-22, and a bunch of F-15E to throw in the mix. That would be awesome.

Not happening Ever!!

Very true.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
idu1: At all, hw una take knw all these weapons names and their specs. I dey hail oooo. God bless NA
Seriously I wonder. I love FORCE passionately, but I no sabi any weapon. angry
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You claim you know the army better than me yet you do not know the region where most of the traitors come from.
all I know is that this traitors are Nigerians and should be fished out by NMI quickly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
idu1: At all, hw una take knw all these weapons names and their specs. I dey hail oooo. God bless NA
I grew up loving the army and there toys. Thanks to my Dad. A combatant airborne infantry officer.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: yea with. There old unuse museum ships
but they are far better than the home-built in our dockyards.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:

Not happening Ever!!
stop drming. What happened to our jagaurs. American hardware not 4 us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Gclan(m): 9:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
why do you think NairaLand is the best forum in Africa ?
If every N'lander will show his/her true identity you will be suprise
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: but they are far better than the home-built in our dockyards.
what's wrong in giving an ally and key oil supplier New/Generational ships. Our home built ships are the future of the Navy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: but they are far better than the home-built in our dockyards.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
PrinxArthur1: if we buy A10 is it 1950 iron bombs that we are going to fit on it tell me?
AGM-114R grin
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: stop drming. What happened to our jagaurs. American hardware not 4 us
Do you even read my posts? Or you don't know sarcasm when you see one?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: stop drming. What happened to our jagaurs. American hardware not 4 us
u've got a thing for americans? undecided
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: u've got a thing for americans? undecided
noop. The have been helping NA since the liberia days and now training special forces in new combat techniques along side providing light weaponry n equipment. Back then in 2003/4 I was at the NA training base in SW. I saw hw this folks were training our guys with live stimulated drills that will make a civilian go gaga

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:
Do you even read my posts? Or you don't know sarcasm when you see one?
100 pushup for u sir. All de way bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 3:45am On Jul 16, 2014
olapluto:
Without sounding patronising, can we (ordinary Nigerians) contribute money to buy our army Night vision equipments? It is suicidal to go out like this in the night. Boko Haram will be picking them one by one.

I have been silently hoping since 3 months ago that some average Nigerians will 'embarrass' our government by contributing money to buy some of these life saving infantry equipment for our gallant soldiers on battle field.

Night Vision Military Grade Binoculars is available for $500 each, single shot under-barrel AK-47 grenade launcher attachment is available for about $750 each, while automatic multiple 6 shot 40mm calibre grenade launcher revolver hand/shoulder held, I cannot find it's price, but could go for $5,000 each, one shot from it will cause accident and disable 12 Boko fighters on their Toyota Hilux assuming it does not ignite petrol tank.

Private companies empowered our police by donating hundreds of new patrol vehicles around year 2008 and we saw armed robbery rate go down in Lagos.

Companies, rich men, foreign based professionals and sportsmen, can all do this donations to save our young soldiers on the frontline, Syrian citizens in North American donated $1 million in few months of fund raising to arm the people fighting for them.

Kobo kobo from students and pepper sellers joined together will 'embarrass' the government of an oil rich Nigeria that has poorly equipped infantry men dying when they do not need to die, death is only acceptable when it is inevitable, death because of poor body armour, poor night vision, poor firepower multipliers, poor communication equipment, is all unacceptable to we Nigerians.

Arise o compatriots, the people shouting #Bring Back Our Girls should also shout # Properly Re-equip Our Dying Soldiers.

My 2 kobo.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 16, 2014
Copy @ agaugust. Its sad we spend billions on useless tngs but find it hard to equip our boys fully with basic gears the need like radio comm gadgets,Night goggles etc
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:30am On Jul 16, 2014
skullz:

Not happening Ever!!

The A10 Warthog is as far down the evolutionary ladder from an F22 raptor as is a Tipper Truck in comparison to a top-end brand-spanking new Ferrari, yet each of those two vehicles are suited to performing a particular task that the other cannot do nearly as well.

Maybe our man Skullz ought to aim just a little higher with his modest expectations of just what goodies Uncle Sam might be prepared to put under the Xmas tree for Nigeria, in order to protect US investments in Nigeria and the sub-Saharan region of West Africa.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 6:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Ibnsultan: noop. The have been helping NA since the liberia days and now training special forces in new combat techniques along side providing light weaponry n equipment. Back then in 2003/4 I was at the NA training base in SW. I saw hw this folks were training our guys with live stimulated drills that will make a civilian go gaga
torh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.