Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,061 members, 7,814,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230644 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2014
Jakumo:

You ain't lyin'. A British veteran of the Falklands War explained in an interview that many prisoners taken during combat were simply gathered together on the ground and machine-gunned into jelly fish, BECAUSE the man-power was not available during the heat of battle, to place those prisoners of war under guard, and, those captured men, if allowed to go, could quickly re-arm and attack from the rear or flanks of advancing troops.

It is standard infantry practice after most fire-fights to walk through the battle field for the purpose of gathering and helicopter evacuating friendly troops that are wounded, while delivering two rounds each into the heads of wounded enemy troops found at the scene, to prevent them recovering and re-arming as the advance continues. The mistake committed by the Nigerian troops was to film such standard practice, and to use knives instead of their rifles to clean up the wounded.
. That shit aint operational protocol. It only gives ur enemy propaganda tool. Missons are meant to be carried clean by troops. Its pathetic. But the problem starts from the training methology in our military institution along side emotional sentiments by by troops which can be address tru discipline
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello General,

How're you doing out there? Trust you're fine and in good spirit. My General, I strongly believe you and your men are stylishly sending those ragtag idiots to the journey of no return, and have a date with their imaginary 72 virgins.

Sir, your forced absence from the public domain has created a serious vacuum, no thanks to the front-line blackout ingloriously red taped by the clueless, potbellied, red necked man in his announcement in Lagos recently. His pronouncement has denied Nigerians at home and in diaspora a credible source of news from the front line and the opportunity to show our appreciations to those thick skin men and women weathering the odds. God bless you all.

General, it may interest you to know that Mr. Oluk, sanctioned by the gang of clueless, potbellied, red-necked men, has failed to live up to expectation. Since you left, he has not told or show Nigerians a single gains made by the boys out there, whereas, his opponent chunk out news of grounds taken and outrageous number of people sent to their early grave. General, is Mr. Oluk on leave? His silence in the last few days is turning to be a grave yard silent.

General, it is high-time our technicians or mechanics or scientist develop a brain measuring barometer and thermometer, because the thinking of our red-necked men seems not to be in tandem with realities. The print and electronic media were agog with report of the headmaster saying that new uniform design would be given to the student very soon. He said, with the new uniform the operational failure of the students in their current examination would be curtailed. The headmaster and his egg heads failed to realize that putting on new uniform will not ensure success, the student needs new and modern physics materials and not the civil war physics materials.

General, I wish you a safe campaign out there and hope to hear from you soon. God bless and protect the men and women at the front line.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: . That shit aint operational protocol. It only gives ur enemy propaganda tool. Missons are meant to be carried clean by troops. Its pathetic. But the problem starts from the training methology in our military institution along side emotional sentiments by by troops which can be address tru discipline

Ok IbnSulatan if you were a platoon sergeant who had just taken a handful of un-injured prisoners of war, and you were short of men to guard the prisoners, would you let them go free to relay your coordinates to their fellow terrorists, or would you humanely liquidate them in place and forge on in the battle at hand, knowing that at least a few of the enemy have been neutralized and no longer present a danger you and the men entrusted to your command ?

As you contemplate your response to my hypothetical question, remember that war is an ugly, dirty, and inherently unfair business where no quarter is given on either side, and no mercy shown to the vanquished and captured, UNLESS there are camera crews present, in which case the Geneva Convention MIGHT be respected for the world to see on film.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jakumo:

Ok IbnSulatan if you were a platoon sergeant who had just taken a handful of un-injured prisoners of war, and you were short of men to guard the prisoners, would you let them go free to relay your coordinates to their fellow terrorists, or would you humanely liquidate them in place and forge on in the battle at hand, knowing that at least a few of the enemy have been neutralized and no longer present a danger you and the men entrusted to your command ?

As you contemplate your response to my hypothetical question, remember that war is an ugly, dirty, and inherently unfair business where no quarter is given on either side, and no mercy shown to the vanquished and captured, UNLESS there are camera crews present, in which case the Geneva Convention MIGHT be respected for the world to see on film.
in such situation I will rely my coordinates to my chief for extraction and seek advices on if I should stand guard til extraction or place the buggies in MP custody who will be responsible them. Killing them not in combat is wrong. The serve more purpose providing intel or helping in the strategy formation for the coin. NB. We have camera phones every were capable of causing damage to NA pr. Don't forget the wikileaks release on US helo killing civilians in Iraq and it catatrosphic outcome
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: in such situation I will rely my coordinates to my chief for extraction and seek advices on if I should stand guard til extraction or place the buggies in MP custody who will be responsible them. Killing them not in combat is wrong. The serve more purpose providing intel or helping in the strategy formation for the coin

This is a well thought-out response, Sultan, BUT, if the battle was ongoing and intense, with communications possibly interrupted, you would order those prisoners killed in a heartbeat, to protect your men's lives and keep moving under fire.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
This thread is dying.....

Someone pls do sometin

#bringbacksiriusblack
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: in such situation I will rely my coordinates to my chief for extraction and seek advices on if I should stand guard til extraction or place the buggies in MP custody who will be responsible them. Killing them not in combat is wrong. The serve more purpose providing intel or helping in the strategy formation for the coin. NB. We have camera phones every were capable of causing damage to NA pr. Don't forget the wikileaks release on US helo killing civilians in Iraq and it catatrosphic outcome

You tried, but do not forget that sometimes during battle you need to make split-second decisions, or you may end up dead.

Those who have survived several battles have learnt that to really survive you need to make fast decisions and live with the consequence later.

The truth is that there can never be clean wars and the only way to avoid War Crimes is not to fight any war at all.

Ask the battle hardened veterans of every single conflict, and you shall hear countless horror stories.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: in such situation I will rely my coordinates to my chief for extraction and seek advices on if I should stand guard til extraction or place the buggies in MP custody who will be responsible them. Killing them not in combat is wrong. The serve more purpose providing intel or helping in the strategy formation for the coin. NB. We have camera phones every were capable of causing damage to NA pr. Don't forget the wikileaks release on US helo killing civilians in Iraq and it catatrosphic outcome

small boy dey worry you.
Which MP?
In battlefront?
MPs are rear echelon units.

No prisoners are taken when the situation is fluid.
You either fight and win, or seek an easy way to al janah!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
tit:

small boy dey worry you.
Which MP?
In battlefront?
MPs are rear echelon units.

No prisoners are taken when the situation is fluid.
You either fight and win, or seek an easy way to al janah!
you No notin abt the military. Young man. For calling me small boy u are indeed a FOOL. MP are responsible for prisoners of war.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jakumo:

This is a well thought-out response, Sultan, BUT, if the battle was ongoing and intense, with communications possibly interrupted, you would order those prisoners killed in a heartbeat, to protect your men's lives and keep moving under fire.
MR jakumo. I don't want to support these tactics. We want weaponry from the US but the aint giving tanks to there hypocrisy but do u know there excuse we have bad human right record. Those can of videos will cont to make it hard getting necessary arms from d yankes,english
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: Muslims soldiers. Army.Naf praying for a fallen colleague in. NE

I hate this part, God protection on all the guys out there
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ibnsultan: MR jakumo. I don't want to support these tactics. We want weaponry from the US but the aint giving tanks to there hypocrisy but do u know there excuse we have bad human right record. Those can of videos will cont to make it hard getting necessary arms from d yankes,english

Hey I agree Sultan that video showing organized throat-slitting of prisoners by Nigerian troops was utterly terrifying, and made for the absolute worst possible publicity that could ever come out of a war. The leaked Nigerian war video of terrorist suspect prisoners meekly walking up to lie down, uttering neither cry nor plea, along the edge of an open mass grave containing dead people killed seconds earlier, will go down in history as one of the most harrowing displays of sadistic human cruelty ever recorded on tape anywhere past or present.

No civilian or soldier with even a vestige of human conscience could ever condone the cold-blooded slaughter of human beings as shown in that now infamous film clip, BUT, had that same number of men been disarmed in battle then summarily shot AWAY from all cameras, lest they obstruct or compromise combat tactics, there would be little or no outcry if that fact emerged later.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jakumo:

Hey I agree Sultan that video showing organized throat-slitting of prisoners by Nigerian troops was utterly terrifying, and made for the absolute worst possible publicity that could ever come out of a war. The leaked Nigerian war video of terrorist suspect prisoners meekly walking up to lie down, uttering neither cry nor plea, along the edge of an open mass grave containing dead people killed seconds earlier, will go down in history as one of the most harrowing displays of sadistic human cruelty ever recorded on tape anywhere past or present.

No civilian or soldier with even a vestige of human conscience could ever condone the cold-blooded slaughter of human beings as shown in that now infamous film clip, BUT, had that same number of men been disarmed in battle then summarily shot AWAY from all cameras, lest they obstruct or compromise combat tactics, there would be little or no outcry if that fact emerged later.
sure. But I still don't accept extrajudicial killings. Infact my days as cadet I stood against wrong treatment of so called clowns&paran hula
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nigerians, we need your prayers...we are losing this war..I've never painted a hopeless picture of happenings at the frontlines before but...the war is almost lost...a lot are MIA...offcrs too have gone M.I.A...right now, this is the brink..pray for me.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by alienvirus: 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerians, we need your prayers...we are losing this war..I've never painted a hopeless picture of happenings at the frontlines before but...the war is almost lost...a lot are MIA...offcrs too have gone M.I.A...right now, this is the brink..pray for me.
My mind is beating very fast. Don't worry. Be determined. Victory is yours.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerians, we need your prayers...we are losing this war..I've never painted a hopeless picture of happenings at the frontlines before but...the war is almost lost...a lot are MIA...offcrs too have gone M.I.A...right now, this is the brink..pray for me.

Oh my God, General victory is certain, weeping may endure for a night, May God guide and protect you all.

edited

@General.

We are winning this war, #Go boys you can do this,
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
alienvirus: My mind is beating very fast. Don't worry. Be determined. Victory is yours.
Amen bro...had a close shave with death ystrday night..right now, the bastards are getting desperate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jd3trice(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
You and the rest of the troops are in our prayers... You will conquer and you will sing victory songs. Have no fear, God is on our side. WE WILL WIN

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
SiriusBlack: Amen bro...had a close shave with death ystrday night..right now, the bastards are getting desperate.

That is allowed General Sirus, but be sure it will come right and left but none will touch you.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by FlintGuevara(m): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
May God be with you, Good sir Siriusblack. I honestly believe you would live to tell your war stories.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Osama10(m): 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
SiriusBlack: Amen bro...had a close shave with death ystrday night..right now, the bastards are getting desperate.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by FlintGuevara(m): 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
brownlords:

That is allowed General Sirus, but be sure it will come right and left but none will touch you.

Not just that, I pray that good sir Sirius's platoon would suffer very limited casualties. It's no fun having no one to share memories with.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Leitner: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Wish you God's speed.
Looking through your posts,you seem like the "ideal" Soldier: well mannered, Intelligent,educated.
You can be assured that you will always be in my prayers every blessed morning(I really mean this).
Once again,wish you all the best and never give up until it's completely over. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by xmileeasy: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
May God keep and protect you and those gallant men putting their lives on the line for the peace of this country.You are protected under the shadow of the Almighty

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nigeria military must set up a NIGHT LONG RANGE GUERRILLA DIVISION that will strike the camps of BH in guerrilla war tactics using
1) Silencer guns to take out only BH commanding officers in order to deprive them more knowledgeable C.Os causing them to fill up their Officer ranks with inexperience officers

2) Giving co-ordinates to rocket/artillery units to bomb BH camps as they withdraw to hidden safer distances.

3) Moving/ operating at night only with night vision googles

4) Most importantly using specially made Nigerian silent sniper guns that can shoot specially made bullets the size and length of 5 tiger batteries put together, in order to help propel the lead to a distance of 5km. This will make it possible for the guerrilla troops to take out BH units and hide before they know what hit their commanding officers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Nigeria military must set up a NIGHT LONG RANGE GUERRILLA DIVISION that will strike the camps of BH in guerrilla war tactics using
1) Silencer guns to take out only BH commanding officers in order to deprive them more knowledgeable C.Os causing them to fill up their Officer ranks with inexperience officers

2) Giving co-ordinates to rocket/artillery units to bomb BH camps as they withdraw to hidden safer distances.

3) Moving/ operating at night only with night vision googles

4) Most importantly using specially made Nigerian silent sniper guns that can shoot specially made bullets the size and length of 5 tiger batteries put together, in order to help propel the lead to a distance of 5km. This will make it possible for the guerrilla troops to take out BH units and hide before they know what hit their commanding officers.

My problem is, why are we not doing all you guys are saying on this thread, is it that our army chiefs are clueless or there is a reason we are not doing all this? Wtf is wrong with Jonathan's and his generals for God sake, why are making this campaign difficult for our troops on front line?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
brownlords:

My problem is, why are we not doing all you guys are saying on this thread, is it that our army chiefs are clueless or there is a reason we are not doing all this? Wtf is wrong with Jonathan's and his generals for God sake, why are making this campaign difficult for our troops on front line?

NA doctrine has always been to use strength and numbers.
Against BH they are facing an enemy that has adapted from the experiences of the mujahedeen in afghanistan, hezbollah, al shabab, supporter of APC etc.
This enemy brings something to the field that rebels in Biafra or Sierra Leone do not have. If the NA is to win, they have to sieve the wheat from the chaff. Through attrition.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odiyaka(m): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Sirius, N.A will triumph. Good will always prevail over evil. God will not allow all your good work to be vain.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
brownlords:

If you have followed Sirius Black's photo journals from the Sambisa war front, you will recall the series of pictures showing Nigerian snipers already on duty in the theater of war. Officially, the very existence of those sniper teams is neither confirmed nor denied, so we cannot expect any details to be issued from the military high command about which terrorist field commander's head was blown to smithereens by those marksmen, and from how many hundred yards each successful shot was taken.

Because a particular strategy is not announced to the public by the Nigerian military does not necessarily mean that such a method of combat is not in use against the Boko Haram terror gang.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
brownlords:

Some were applied until COAS Minimah shot his foot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jakumo:

Because a particular strategy is not announced to the public by the Nigerian military does not necessarily mean that such a method of combat is not in use against the Boko Haram terror gang.

We don't need strategy or announcement, we need result, we can't continue to loose gallant men with nothing to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by fydence: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
really really sad to read this..

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.