Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Child Having A Child - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Child Having A Child (7084 Views)

Having A Crush On A Nairaland Newbie-rahmas / Is Having A "Spare Tyre" Now A Norm For Our Ladies? / Whats The Benefit Of Having A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Child Having A Child by jennikadri: 12:06am On Oct 14, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I know this is going to sound cruel and mean, but I cannot keep it in.
If you know you cannot teach your child the right path, if you do not have the time, plz try to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
Condoms, abstinence, pills, etc.
And this advice is not only pertaining to the pregnant baby at hand, also to every mother out there who willingly had sex, yet do not have the time to educate the child about the consequence of unprotected sexual intercourse.
EDUCATION IS THE KEY

one more post grin grin

forget about education here,many of these people r educated already in d sex matter,it is left for that child to follow

God has brought us into this world,it is left for us to follow his path

education only enlightens a child but does not make a child go by d rules

they r sm kids that don't know their parents but still keep their legs close

while they r some that have got the whole sex education on earth but still live a useless life,don't blame it on d parents blame it on the stupid kids

Ruby_Pearl:

yOU DNT GET ME, WOMAN!
The pill is preventing the embryo from forming, so there's nothing to abort or claim as a baby.

u don't get me "preventing " is d key,why is d embryo prevented?so that it doesnt grow to become a fetus,and then 9 months igbosa grin grin

why do people go for abortion?to prevent the child from coming forth.

preventing is d key here

Ruby_Pearl:

I almost got killed last time  cry cry
lol, night
hehehehehehe dnt worry,u wont get killed this time grin grin
Re: Child Having A Child by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 14, 2008
True, oya let's agree.
EDUCATION AND PREVENTION IS THE KEY.
Now go and take care of your lion, ma'am wink

True that, education only enlightens, it does not tell you what to do and what not to do.
Even Doctors and Lawyers make this kind of mistake.
I call it stupidity, or just playing dumb, if you know what is right, yet you prefer the wrong path.
Human nature, I suppose.
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 12:13am On Oct 14, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

if you know what is right, yet you prefer the wrong path.
Human nature, I suppose.
Abi O?and it's only natural for them to face the
consequences . . . be it favourable or unfavourable
Re: Child Having A Child by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 14, 2008
Point of correction, education does tell you what to do and what not to do.
Ethics and morals prevents you from doing what you were taught as wrong, and strengthens you to do the right thing.
But still, not everyone is strong enough to say NO.

Missy B:

Abi O?and it's only natural for them to face the
consequences . . . be it favourable or unfavourable
Yup yup!
But yet again, we always want a way to go around those "unfavorable" consequence wink
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 12:23am On Oct 14, 2008
Yes na and later 96% of 'us' will end up worsenin'
the situation in a bid to act smart and later when thing goes outt'a hand
we name our mistakes . . . experience
Re: Child Having A Child by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 14, 2008
If she's wise enough to be having sex, she's ultimately ready to give birth to the child. Aborting the child does not guarantee her not getting into the same situation again.
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2008
stillwater:

If she's wise enough to be having sex, she's ultimately ready to give birth to the child. Aborting the child does not guarantee her not getting into the same situation again.
My exact sentiment
Missy B:

but like we know . . . .it takes alot of self control[b](which a 14 yr old cannot have)[/b] to desist
from sex esp. when you've been a culprit.After the abortion,she'll end up in bed with anotha guy
again and prolly get prego again but this time . . . she won't tell nobody.She's done it(abortion) once
and that will catapult her to do it again wit the help of the guy witout the knowledge of the parents
Thank you jare
Re: Child Having A Child by KarmaMod(f): 12:40am On Oct 14, 2008
The trauma will make her learn from it though still and she wont have to have that mistake follow her for the rest of her life
Re: Child Having A Child by Okijajuju1(m): 12:53am On Oct 14, 2008
@ Topic

A pregnant 14 year old??  shocked   shocked
And you havent aborted the pregnancy yet?? What the heck are y'all waiting for??

stillwater:

I disagree with you totally. The fact that she is already sexually active at 14 does not make her ready to be a mother. I would suggest an abortion now so as to help her get back her life. Atimes minors who are sexually active are usually being manipulated by older men. The girl might just be a victim in this case. I knew a girl who had sex for the first time at the age of 15 and she was coaxed into it by her pastor.
Aborting this child might just be the new start/second chance that this little girl requires. As much as aborting the child does not guarantee that there will not be yet another pregnancy, letting a minor have a child is equally counter-productive and could do great harm to her health wise and also derail her future, not to talk about the child as an innocent third party in the whole saga.

I say abort and save a life rather than let her have the baby and ruin two lives. A child is prone to make mistakes, its an adults place to correct the child.
Re: Child Having A Child by dayokanu(m): 1:10am On Oct 14, 2008
@dayokanu
so u think she should keep the baby

Abort it immediately
Re: Child Having A Child by sistawoman: 1:17am On Oct 14, 2008
stillwater:

Neither does having it. Statics show that teenage mothers have a second child w/in two years.

Now two years later two babies and two baby daddies. Where is she?
Re: Child Having A Child by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 14, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

A pregnant 14 year old??  shocked   shocked
And you havent aborted the pregnancy yet?? What the heck are y'all waiting for??

I disagree with you totally. The fact that she is already sexually active at 14 does not make her ready to be a mother. I would suggest an abortion now so as to help her get back her life. Atimes minors who are sexually active are usually being manipulated by older men. The girl might just be a victim in this case. I knew a girl who had sex for the first time at the age of 15 and she was coaxed into it by her pastor.
Aborting this child might just be the new start/second chance that this little girl requires. As much as aborting the child does not guarantee that there will not be yet another pregnancy, letting a minor have a child is equally counter-productive and could do great harm to her health wise and also derail her future, not to talk about the child as an innocent third party in the whole saga.

I say abort and save a life rather than let her have the baby and ruin two lives. A child is prone to make mistakes, its an adults place to correct the child.

From my angle, I don't stand for abortion smiley but I do not fail to see reason in cases of rape or if the mother is in danger healthwise. There are undercurrents in this issue, a lot of unanswered questions. I don't know if the girl had been schooled on the consequences of unprotected sex and knowingly let them fall on deaf ears, so I can't really attack this issue as I want to. Nevertheless I really don't feel abortion should be the last and only resort.
Re: Child Having A Child by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 14, 2008
sistawoman:

Neither does having it. Statics show that teenage mothers have a second child w/in two years.

Sorry, I can't be sympathetic to her plight. I hold people responsible for their actions, teenagers are not left out.
Re: Child Having A Child by carmelily: 9:20am On Oct 14, 2008
sistawoman:

@sistawoman

These statistics are fallible. Besides most teenage mothers do not have a second child within two years. just not true. Frankly, sista, you are somehow out of character on this thread. someone else noted that earlier on. It's almost as if a stranger is using your id. But you did say your opinions here are for personal reasons. I won't push it.
Re: Child Having A Child by origina9ja(f): 10:08am On Oct 14, 2008
oya listen gud yh
coz she tells me about her man doesn't mean i advice her 2 have sex
by d way i'm trying 2 help her here so dnt cum blaming me
no one is perfect
the issue is not how stupid she is
it really how 2 help her right now
nairaland sef wif there rude talk

and 2 all dem motherfucking wast peepz dnt cum here discussin ma age coz it nt ya'll business anways thanks 4 all your talk
Re: Child Having A Child by jennikadri: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2008
before help comes cautioning,that is life my dear originanaija

when one makes a mistake u caution that person,before help.so she deserves watever insults she has receive and still receiving here and infact she needs more

u posted this so get ready to receive any insult on her behalf,and don't forget to relay d insults back to her
she was very stupid to have involved herself with sex at that age,very very stupid
Re: Child Having A Child by origina9ja(f): 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2008
thanks bbe
i understand wat u mean
bt peepz re chatin like i told her 2 go Bleep him
anways it all gud she has agree 2 tell her mum ranther than i tell her mum undecided
Re: Child Having A Child by mrover(m): 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2008
origina9ja:

anways it all good she has agree 2 tell her mum ranther than i tell her mum undecided

Good. Let her tell her mum immediately. twud help make better decisions considering their present circumstances.

Nonetheless, she's way too early to be involved in such. shocked shocked
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
sistawoman:

Neither does having it.  Statics show that teenage mothers have a second child w/in two years.

Now two years later two babies and two baby daddies.  Where is she?
Why are you always on statistics?
What statistics?where do you do your research?
There are two types of statistics:the type you look up and the type you make up.
Let me assume yours was made up 'cause every teenage motha I have seen
happen not to fall in this theory of 'teenage mum have a second child w/in two years'.
Do not feed ur head with what statistic says until you have carefully considered what they do not say.
origina9ja:

oya listen good yh
because she tells me about her man doesn't mean i advice her 2 have sex
by d way i'm trying 2 help her here so dnt come blaming me
no one is perfect
the issue is not how stupid she is
it really how 2 help her right now
nairaland sef with there rude talk

and 2 all them motherfucking wast peepz dnt come here discussin ma age because it nt ya'll business anways thanks 4 all your talk
So your mouth sharp like this?
I advice you give a portion of this word to the guy in kwesion.
Call him a mothafucker for fuckin ur friend and leavin' her in a fuckin' state. wink
Re: Child Having A Child by sistawoman: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2008
Missy B:

Why are you always on statistics?
What statistics?where do you do your research?
There are two types of statistics:the type you look up and the type you make up.
Let me assume yours was made up 'cause every teenage motha I have seen
happen not to fall in this theory of 'teenage mum have a second child w/in two years'.
Do not feed ur head with what statistic says until you have carefully considered what they do not say.

Real life inner city statistics. I work with these young women every day.
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2008
Like I said sista  . . . there are two types of statistics.
I definitely don't believe in the type whereby a group of women sit in an office
and assume %age to feed the public all in the name of statistics and some people
swallow and use it like a drunken man uses lampposts for support rather than for illumination.
How can you tell me that a child who goes tru child bearin', chastise and stigmatization at the age 14
stands a greater chance of gettin' prego again than a child who at 14 got pregnant
and with the aid of the motha got rid of it within a twinkle of an eye,without stigmatization,without pains?
Re: Child Having A Child by janami(f): 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2008
eeyah, the girl is just 14. everyone has a past, so why r most pple judging the girl? the deed is done. I think a termination will be a gud thing if she cant pull this off. Timing is very crucial.
Re: Child Having A Child by origina9ja(f): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2008
MISSYB

HAHA MA MOUTH AIN'T SHARP
I'M JUST KINDA SUPRISE BOUT SUM STUPID TALK FRM IRRESPONSIBLE PEEPZ
TRYING 2 MAKE MOI FEEL BAD LIKE I FOLLOW HER AROUND
SHE TELLS ME PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
BUT BEFORE SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS PREGNANT wink I FORCE IT OUT OF HER
ANYWAY I'M SORRY 4 DA INSULT I WAS DAMN 2 ANGRY DAT WHY wink
Re: Child Having A Child by mrover(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2008
janami:

eeyah, the girl is just 14. everyone has a past, so why r most people judging the girl? the deed is done. I think a termination will be a good thing if she can't pull this off. Timing is very crucial.

but why encourage abortion?
Re: Child Having A Child by MissyB1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2008
origina9ja:

MISSYB

HAHA MA MOUTH AIN'T SHARP
I'M JUST kind of SUPRISE BOUT SUM STUPID TALK FRM IRRESPONSIBLE PEEPZ
TRYING 2 MAKE MOI FEEL BAD LIKE I FOLLOW HER AROUND
SHE TELLS ME PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING
BUT BEFORE SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS PREGNANT  wink I FORCE IT OUT OF HER
ANYWAY I'M SORRY 4 DA INSULT I WAS DAMN 2 ANGRY that WHY  wink
Okay!!I jst hope she does the right thin'.Good thin' she's
ready to tell her parents.As for the insult . . . I'm sure
they will accept ur apology for they haven't got ma kind of disposition. wink
Re: Child Having A Child by origina9ja(f): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2008
i'm not sorry anymore
have change my mind cheesy
Re: Child Having A Child by mrover(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2008
What??angry
Re: Child Having A Child by origina9ja(f): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2008
wetting be "what"
me i no understand english jo wink
Re: Child Having A Child by janami(f): 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2008
mrover:

but why encourage abortion?

i am sorry that sounded like i am encouraging the stuff, but seriously, the girl myt not be able to pull this off medically, birthing the child i mean. It myt affect her. VVF and stuff. Academically, emotionally - how does a child care for a child? she isnt ready, except her mom is ready to step in as surrogate mom.

the other day i went to see a friend in her mom's daycare centre, i pointed out a very dirty looking boy with bad manners and was like "why is this boy so unkempt?" and she was like his mom is just in ss1, i shld wait and see wen they will come pick the boy up which would be very late. The boy is always the last to leave school. When his mom came, she came in her school uniform ard 4:30. His teacher was long gone. The boy was just giving people in the school wahala. I dnt know how that boy would be brought up. i gathered that the girl's mother is always raining curses on the girl and her child everyday.  In cases like this, i am afraid i can bend my principles a little.
Re: Child Having A Child by jennikadri: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2008
janami:

i am sorry that sounded like i am encouraging the stuff, but seriously, the girl myt not be able to pull this off medically, birthing the child i mean. It myt affect her. VVF and stuff. Academically, emotionally - how does a child care for a child? she isnt ready, except her mom is ready to step in as surrogate mom.

the other day i went to see a friend in her mom's daycare centre, i pointed out a very dirty looking boy with bad manners and was like "why is this boy so unkempt?" and she was like his mom is just in ss1, i shld wait and see when they will come pick the boy up which would be very late. The boy is always the last to leave school. When his mom came, she came in her school uniform ard 4:30. His teacher was long gone. The boy was just giving people in the school wahala. I dnt know how that boy would be brought up. i gathered that the girl's mother is always raining curses on the girl and her child everyday.  In cases like this, i am afraid i can bend my principles a little.

cry cry cry cry cry sad sad
Re: Child Having A Child by mrover(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2008
origina9ja:

wetting be "what"
me i no understand english jo wink
Dat was a reaction to ur quote. U apologised earlier and it showed a sense of maturity. Then, for whateva reason, u try to reverse it. Does it makes sense?

janami:

[/b]
Thats why she needs to involve her mum, dat way she can be cared for in anyway necessary
janami:
the other day i went to see a friend in her mom's daycare centre, i pointed out a very dirty looking boy with bad manners and was like "why is this boy so unkempt?" and she was like his mom is just in ss1, i shld wait and see when they will come pick the boy up which would be very late. The boy is always the last to leave school. When his mom came, she came in her school uniform ard 4:30. His teacher was long gone. The boy was just giving people in the school wahala. I dnt know how that boy would be brought up. i gathered that the girl's mother is always raining curses on the girl and her child everyday. In cases like this, i am afraid i can bend my principles a little.
Well that little decision would be termed murder!
Re: Child Having A Child by janami(f): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2008
yes, however u see it.
what would u say to people who tk the morning after pills?
There are exceptions to abortions.
If u look through my past  posts, u would notice i dnt side to it on a normal day
and yes, her mom has to be aware, but then it is just my opinion. i dnt even know the girl or her family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It a Must For A Guy To Kneel Down When Proposing To His Gf? / If You Know The Meaning Of This Picture, You Need Prayers / Man Goes Viral After Sharing Photos Of Himself In Bed With 23 Different Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.