Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (40716 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 18, 2014
Goldenboy007:

The problem about seeking advise in forums like this is that people that don't having business advising you will also give you terrible advise.

I wonder what is wrong with people these days, you got married and now decided to change something about yourself regardless of what your spouse think? You do not have the right to change from how your spouse found you!!! This exactly is what causes problems in marriage !!! SO because you are married now, you think you are secured so no need to keep up your game? then you will have yourself to blame.

OP, I quite agree with you !! you have a genuine concern and nobody should criticize you! Don't let anybody condemn you on the way you feel! There is something that attracted us to whomever we married and it is not necessary for it to be "Love" !!! Some is physical attraction, some its money, some it is character ! Don't condemn anybody's reason for getting married !!!

This is a common problem, call her parents or an elder she respects and talk to them, let them talk to her. Even the bible clearly states the husband as the head of the wife and if whatever you are practicing negates this then you don't God. What if you decided to adopt a strange habit too? like getting a tattoo? earrings? or go become a Buddhist? How would she feel? However sha, keep your cool, at least thank God it is good thing she adopted and not that she decided to become a "wakawaka" wife

Nairalanders! If you are not married! stop advising married people because you don't know jack what it is all about !!!! Your Nollywood and Mills&Boom Romance Novel experience don't apply in reality!

So far, the only sensible post. I just wonder how many of the posters here are actually married undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by MadCow1: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2014
Janetozi: why do u have to end it in verse 14, read down and see what men did with the earrings. Verse 15- but thou did trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renowned, & pouredst out thy fornication on every one that passed by; his it was.

17 thou has also taken thy fair jewels of gold and of my silver, which i had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men and didst commit whoredom with them

read that place very well and read it to the end.

*** i have butchered and ate several "mad cows" in the past, but still hungry for more.

[b]15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

16 And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.

17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, [size=18pt]which I had given thee[/size], and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,

18 And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.

19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord God.

20 Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,

[/b]

You may have eaten several Mad Cows in the past, but my strain is nothing like you are used to.

I showed you this verse for a reason; The Ornaments, jewels, bracelets, fine linen were all given to the Woman by GOD!! Meaning God approves of women wearing these things. Also worthy of note is that even GOD admitted that the womans Beauty was indeed magnificent because of these things that he had adorned her with.

SO.. Gods problems are not the Jewels.. God problem is what you do with the Jewels, like in this case, they made them into idols.
But here, the Wife is supposed to use them to seduce her husband, which is okay by God.

So how does God not approve of jewels and beautifying a woman when he himself is adorning women with jewels?

(Is. 61:10).
I will rejoice greatly in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for he has clothed me with garments of salvation, he has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2014
obowunmi:

The Bible says you should not use makeup abi?
apart from jezebel in the bible (in 2Kgs. 9:30 Then Jehu went to Jezreel. When Jezebel heard about it, she painted her eyes, arranged her hair and looked out of a window), tell me which sane or insane person ever used make up again in the bible?. If they say a person is possessed with jezebel spirit, I hope u know what it means, or when they call a person jezebel, cos she is an epitome of vain beauty, whorism (if there's any word like that) and evil (jezebel girls cult). Abeg bros wake up
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2014
All of you making points about God's principle on makeup and not.

I can state clearly that God is not against makeup or wearing jewelries. The Bible clearly makes the point that ..that is not a criteria for salvation but it does not give us the instruction to avoid them. God gave guidelines on how to be balanced in a way that would be pleasing to HIM.

The watchword is balance. I remember the apostle paul saying something about marriage he said if you can be single... then its better for you. But if you marry , you have not sinned either.. so this issue of makeup and no makeup.. is a matter of conscience and balance. I will not criticize people who feels funny about makeup.. it's their conscience and I respect that. I love makeup and I use it not in a way that would stumble others when am in my christian service or while preaching.

What I know God will not like is being dirty. My God is not a dirty God. Infact if you respect Him, you will never be a dirty person and be a spiritual man at the same time both Physically and Morally.

@OP JUST TELL HER YOU ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT HER unkempt state . They are some nude makeup she can be comfortable with..

Anyways !! I love this Indian Inspirational makeup tho..( saw it on myweddingnigeria)

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by maryhaam(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
Submissiveness and been considerate is the key.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by MrCyril(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2014
handsomeness: The BIG QUESTIONS you need to answer are: Why did you marry her? What attracted you to her? What are the things that caught your attention? I believe answering these questions will help facilitate better advice and response from us.
What kind of silly questions are u guys asking sef? If u don't have advice to give to the OP u keep quiet. Why will the woman stop looking attractive to d husband, love for sure is beyond physical but that doesn't mean the woman should stop looking attractive. Even the bible encourages a woman to look good; 1cor 11:6 down and other verses in d bible too. My advice is u talk to her, do some bible research too so u can make her understand that looking good won't make her less a christian
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by uzoexcel(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2014
what really is ur point?
xynerise:
And if she doesn't make-up you will have no choice than to cheat on her?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by xynerise: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2014
onoja12: I would answer for him,there is nothing like cheating in African tradition,my friend if a wife refuses to be obedient,my guy take a second wife,if she gives trouble kick her out,cause a woman's ear is open to just one,and if she is not listening to you then she is listening to her pastor.
I stopped my wife from going to church for months for daring to give out food money to her church,I told her its either she is married to me or the pastor,they cant be two captains in this ship,she thought i was joking by the time she started night vigil and i started clubbing back,nobody told her before she returned to her senses
Rubbish!!

My tradition and religion don't permit more than one wife. Religious fanatism does harm if taking as a priority in the family but that shouldn't be an avenue to marry a second wife. You think that will settle the matter? Geez!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus:

OP!!

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

One day, take her by surprise, looosen your belt and whip her like a child that she is. And when you are done, give her an ultimatum; Return to factory default setting or move out. angry

Dont let any pastor become the head of your family. If your biitch isnt acting right, whip her or cut the biitch off. angry

And its okay if you cheat now, God would understand. If Virgin Mary looked like that, she would not had been God's babymama.

abeg which village where you uprooted from?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by xynerise: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2014
uzoexcel: what really is ur point?
It was an unanswered question, not a point.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2014
JhaayYoung: . So looking sexy for your husband is a sin.. Making your your husband want you is a sin right.. Oh, I see.. If there is anything greater that SEXY probably "Hot".. You should look it for your husband. He is your LORD and HUSBAND.
sir/madam, how many ladies wear high heels inside their house or room? They only wear it when goin out, and we all know that even if their husband is with them who is the centre of their world, he is not the only one seeing her on the road, n like I said, most people lookin at her always look at her lustfully, cos there's no lady that is young or old who wears high heels and her n.yash does not bounce or move rhythmically, n when that happens most men who see it tend to respond with a bulge, and that is lust my very dear friend
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by MadCow1: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: apart from jezebel in the bible (in 2Kgs. 9:30 Then Jehu went to Jezreel. When Jezebel heard about it, she painted her eyes, arranged her hair and looked out of a window), tell me which sane or insane person ever used make up again in the bible?. If they say a person is possessed with jezebel spirit, I hope u know what it means, or when they call a person jezebel, cos she is an epitome of vain beauty, whorism (if there's any word like that) and evil (jezebel girls cult). Abeg bros wake up

1 Samuel 16:77 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Your very first problem is thinking that what was wrong with Jezebel was her beauty.. grin
'Whorism' is an act, not a look.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by biomedixexcel(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmmmmmm I will modify my post later
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by extremelygolden: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2014
obayaya:

Yeah, he's still being tempted that's why he needs all the help he can get right now.

Ppl deal with changes differently.

This man married a beautiful lady that takes care of her looks and all of a sudden she stops.

He'll still see ladies who dress good just like the way his wife used to everyday.

It may not be that easy for him to deal with as you do not know if his wife appearance was one of the major things he loved about her.

Marriage isn't selfish.. Yes.. his wife ought to have put that into consideration too.

Opening this thread means he really wants to save his marriage.

I like your wisdom Obayaya. May same never depart from you.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by obayaya(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2014
extremelygolden: I like your wisdom Obayaya. May same never depart from you.

Amen smiley

Thank you sir embarassed
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 18, 2014
JhaayYoung: . So looking sexy for your husband is a sin.. Making your your husband want you is a sin right.. Oh, I see.. If there is anything greater that SEXY probably "Hot".. You should look it for your husband. He is your LORD and HUSBAND.
and by sexy, do u mean beautiful or make up? If ur answer is the latter then u are forcing yourself on your husband to love u artificially, and that look will fade in no time. So we do not have good lookin guy/girls on the street without make-ups? If your own idea of looking good is induced beauty or make-up, then am afraid that beauty will be temporary. If your husband truly loves or desires you, he should love your body the way it was created by GOD, n not for u to abuse your own body by dressing half naked when goin out, exposing ur cleavage or n.yash or coat yourself with make up, all in the name of looking sexy
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
[quote author=lrguru] sir/madam, how many ladies wear high heels inside their house or room? They only wear it when goin out, and we all know that even if their husband is with them who is the centre of their world, he is not the only one seeing her on the road, n like I said, most people lookin at her always look at her lustfully, cos there's no lady that is young or old who wears high heels and her n.yash does not bounce or move .....

Abeg I do.. I do wear high heels inside my room and walk around in it..stop being myopic pls. The only thing is like I say try not to stumble others out of love for others and glory to God. If wearing high heels in your village would make people curse you and make your ministry suffer (not accepting God's words) then please don't but if it's an acceptable norm then please go ahead.. if anyman wants to be stumbled cos of high heels he should go check himself properly. There's an underlining factor to that.

As long as you are dressed within the limits of God's standard as stated in his words, you are fine ( no mini skirts, side boobs and frontal boobs and drop waist ) (moderate and decent cloths with high shoes is fine jo)
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by JEITO: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
First, if there's nothing that attracts you to your wife other than her looks or appearance, then there's a problem because sooner or later, she'll grow old or you may become too familiar with her looks that it no longer appeals to you.
Relationship should be built on love- and love should be spiritual( something beyond the physical or mental )
But as for your wife's sudden change, it is clearly because she lacks sound Biblical knowledge. There are too many incorrect doctrines being preached about dressing. Some people have turned their personal discipline, into doctrines and have gone ahead to teach others to obey it which is not too correct to do.
Also I believe she has been influenced by all these testimonies about those that claimed to have gone to hell, and saw people who were there because of their dressing.
The fear of hell has become the beginning of wisdom be dat. But like I said earlier, it is clearly becos she lacks sound biblical knowledge( a victim of ignorance).
Let me say this, nobody will go to hell simply because they wore trousers, or make-up. If a woman goes to hell, it is because of SIN.
But I must correct you sir: the fact that your wife has changed her preferences in appearance, doesn't make her over spiritual or more spiritual. The spirit and the physical are two different things. Spirituality doesn't mean dirty- christians are not dirty people.
This issue is too small for you to begin to nurse any funny motive in your heart. The fact that your wife has become this, is majorly your fault because as the man, you are supposed to be the spiritual head over your family and she's supposed to consult you on spiritual matters she is not clear about.
Tell her how her change in appearance, is affecting your feelings towards her. She should know that as a married woman, her body belongs to her husband and vice-versa and as such should be taken care of as you would have done to it.
Let me pause here before I write a full book.
But the truth is that, you are a carnal man
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by winiwini: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2014
Better dont give devil a chance
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 18, 2014
xynerise:
And if she doesn't make-up you will have no choice than to cheat on her?

My thoughts exactly. Ridiculous.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by TS2(m): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2014
xynerise:
Did you read his post at all?

What are you driving at?

Wo if you dont have anything to say dont weaken people with your noise.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by jude33084(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2014
flipflop: Sir, I'm sure you did not marry her just for beauty alone. Your wife has acted on faith, you criticizing and demanding for her to change may destroy her faith. Give her your support as her husband and friend. If you feel she looks unkempt, it just because you are still looking for that woman she used to be. You suggesting cheating on her is absolutely absurd and terribly wicked. Your wife is your wife, stop loving her for the outside "beauty" and start focusing on the inward beauty that does not change or fade. *#shrugs shoulder

Must a man or woman look unkept to worship God?

I don't think the OP will like my advice sha tongue

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by TS2(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2014
flipflop: Sir, I'm sure you did not marry her just for beauty alone. Your wife has acted on faith, you criticizing and demanding for her to change may destroy her faith. Give her your support as her husband and friend. If you feel she looks unkempt, it just because you are still looking for that woman she used to be. You suggesting cheating on her is absolutely absurd and terribly wicked. Your wife is your wife, stop loving her for the outside "beauty" and start focusing on the inward beauty that does not change or fade. *#shrugs shoulder

Does Christianity say women should look unkempt?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Summersland(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2014
Gai,dnt mind those pple advice u 2 adapt cos most of them cannt cope wit such isue wen their woman stop make up...If she's S.U wen both of u met each other,is different 4 her 2 jst stop make up.It's good 4 a woman 2 dress wel 2 atract her man

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by qtx(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
please moderator move this to front page for advice
C how u just came in here to show how empty and childish you are. So all the while the love for your wife has being purely based on her looks? wao, but what should make a woman should first be based on the substance inside of her before the looks.
So if God forbid she has an accident that eventually deforms her then for u, the love things are over.
How old are you by the way?
Commit adultery and face the wrath of God.
Be warned.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by lastpage: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2014
I have read all previous post but from my own "life experiences" (not personal experience, before u begin ask me kwesion o! grin ),
there are two things you cannot take away or change in a woman. I call then the "No Going Back bridge", once crossed.

1.) The day she opens her legs for another man, apart from her husband

2.) The day she becomes a Religious fanatic and thinks her Church/Pastor in more important than her Husband/Home.

I wont say much but l will address this Op directly:

a.) I know you love your wife and wish you can turn back the hands of the clock but with time, you will realize that your life has just changed.
You have just crossed a line but everything now depends on how you can deal with it.

b.) trying times are ahead for you, be strong and be ready to face turmoil (Already your heart is troubled).

c.) I hate to say this but "There is no going back" at this point. You may try to "live with it" (and you have my greatest support on this decision) but something tells me that you may have lost the woman you married.
Lets come back to this thread in about 3-5 years from now and tell me if l am wrong! wink . Otherwise, you may end up living alone for a long time to come.

d.) Dont even consider "cheating" on her (Its like you are degrading your self and desecrating your own body which is the temple of God!)
As a young/middle-aged person, you have 'conjugal needs' but as long as you are married to somebody, those needs must be satisfied with that person, no 'if and buts'!

e.) To be honest (and you need to be honest to yourself), it is not her "dress-mode or hygiene" that is actually your biggest problem, it is her "CHANGE IN LOYALTY" that is eating you up. If l am right, will you be honest to say so to yourself, but better if you can say it publicly?

Marriage is a 'commitment between two people' (l never said 'contract') ...and it is about 'commitments' between the two!

*Your wife is no longer committed to you, you know it and you feel it in everything she does, right?
*You try to "reverse the trend" but it is even getting worse, right?
* You are afraid that the marriage is breaking down, right?
*You are considering your "options" silently within you, right?
* But most painful is that she just doesn't even care if you go or stay (she is married to Jayzusss now shocked )

In the coming months, you will go through a lot of agony, your heart will be pained and you will cry in silence (its okay to cry, even as a man) but you need to remain mentally strong, remain focused and know that "bad things ALSO happen to good people".

It appears you are a good person at heart.

If anyone tells you she will "come back" to her "old self", they are deceiving you, or they just want to console you because the truth can be harsh at times and we all shy away from being the one to bell the cat.
Even right now, there are things l would have opened your eyes to that l am afraid your heart and mind may not be ready to accept and withstand, so better to take it one step at a time.

if you have kid(s), take solace in them and always be there for them, no matter what happens.
Pray and l also pray that God will heal your heart, in time.

Such is Life, l feel for you.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Wislet(f): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: u don't seem to get it, the way we dress and walk should not be to attract the other person lustfully, n like I said, wearing high heel do make u feel sexy, and being sexy is a sin cos it makes the other gender look at you lustfully, and I qouted matthew 5:18. I'm not compellin you to do as I say, n we are all entitled to our on opinion. The world is really been brainwashed and made to think that bad things are good, I won't talk further ma'am for the Bible made it clear that we should choose Ye this days who we would follow, if you think heels are good for u, fine
oga, park one corner biko. You have been seriously brainwashed.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: and by sexy, do u mean beautiful or make up? If ur answer is the latter then u are forcing yourself on your husband to love u artificially, and that look will fade in no time. So we do not have good lookin guy/girls on the street without make-ups? If your own idea of looking good is induced beauty or make-up, then am afraid that beauty will be temporary. If your husband truly loves or desires you, he should love your body the way it was created by GOD, n not for u to abuse your own body by dressing half naked when goin out, exposing ur cleavage or n.yash or coat yourself with make up, all in the name of looking sexy

i dont even know how to categorize this ignorant post.
Look is everything, even pastors take the time to buy some of the finest blazers, so why should his wife dress like "iya kubura"

even at 70, you should try to improve your looks.
and why is everyone telling the guy to adapt to her new looks?
how about she adapt to his (Hopefully not) new cheating lifestyle?

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2014
Just look at how dem xyneriee, Dygeasy, and co are giving advice like say dem know pass. See how they are condemning the op for saying he is tempted to cheat on her as if they'd handle things any better should their own wives suddenly develop some brainwashed sense of spirituality. Can't you sympathize with the op? I can only imagine how hard this is for him right now. I can see how hard this guy is trying not to cheat, he's being upfront honest with himself instead of living miserably in denial or just subjecting himself to the cruel fate of being married to someone who doesn't entice him anymore. So the op should start enduring his marriage now as if he's in kirikiri prison ba?

Awon oloshi advisers oshi! mtcheeeeeeeeeeew

let me tell you something most of you even married folks do not know. Sex is probably the most powerful force in marriage. Couples who enjoy good sex have much higher chances of wanting themselves for much longer and much lower chances of cheating on each other. And talking about sex, physical appearance has a lot to do with it. The op married his wife while she was still fashionable. And for those self righteous people accusing him of not loving her inside, I have news for you, That was part of her personality! It was part of the things that made her who she was. So don't give me crap about him loving only her physical beauty. FYI, I define beauty as an inner sense of peace and confidence that manifests on the outside. What you see about something attracts you to that thing before you can even want to know anything about it.

So now that op's wife no longer attracts him, what should? So when op and his wife want to make love they should start singing/quoting songs of Solomon ni? Oh puleeeez!

I hate it when people are not realistic. That is why most of our problems remain hanging for too long cos we are in denial.

OP. You need to pray. Pray hard for God to reveal the truth about fashion to her. Pray hard for God to let her see that she's hurting her marriage and that's the plain truth. Pray for God to reveal to her that she is actually sinning when she causes her husband to sin.

You see why I keep advising ladies about this?: Getting married is one thing. Preserving your marriage is a different journey entirely. Do not confuse the two of them. NEVER you ever think that all is well just because of that thing on your finger or because of some piece of paper.
Ok nau.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by swissyelsie(f): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2014
#Theory.... Yawns..
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2014
lastpage: I have read all previous post but from my own "life experiences" (not personal experience, before u begin ask me kwesion o! grin ),
there are two things you cannot take away or change in a woman. I call then the "No Going Back bridge", once crossed.

1.) The day she opens her legs for another man, apart from her husband

2.) The day she becomes a Religious fanatic and thinks her Church/Pastor in more important than her Husband/Home.

I wont say much but l will address this Op directly:

a.) I know you love your wife and wish you can turn back the hands of the clock but with time, you will realize that your life has just changed.
You have just crossed a line but everything now depends on how you can deal with it.

b.) trying times are ahead for you, be strong and be ready to face turmoil (Already your heart is troubled).

c.) I hate to say this but "There is no going back" at this point. You may try to "live with it" (and you have my greatest support on this decision) but something tells me that you may have lost the woman you married.
Lets come back to this thread in about 3-5 years from now and tell me if l am wrong! wink . Otherwise, you may end up living alone for a long time to come.

d.) Dont even consider "cheating" on her (Its like you are degrading your self and desecrating your own body which is the temple of God!)
As a young/middle-aged person, you have 'conjugal needs' but as long as you are married to somebody, those needs must be satisfied with that person, no 'if and buts'!

e.) To be honest (and you need to be honest to yourself), it is not her "dress-mode or hygiene" that is actually your biggest problem, it is her "CHANGE IN LOYALTY" that is eating you up. If l am right, will you be honest to say so to yourself, but better if you can say it publicly?

Marriage is a 'commitment between two people' (l never said 'contract') ...and it is about 'commitments' between the two!

*Your wife is no longer committed to you, you know it and you feel it in everything she does, right?
*You try to "reverse the trend" but it is even getting worse, right?
* You are afraid that the marriage is breaking down, right?
*You are considering your "options" silently within you, right?
* But most painful is that she just doesn't even care if you go or stay (she is married to Jayzusss now shocked )

In the coming months, you will go through a lot of agony, your heart will be pained and you will cry in silence (its okay to cry, even as a man) but you need to remain mentally strong, remain focused and know that "bad things ALSO happen to good people".

It appears you are a good person at heart.

If anyone tells you she will "come back" to her "old self", they are deceiving you, or they just want to console you because the truth can be harsh at times and we all shy away from being the one to bell the cat.
Even right now, there are things l would have opened your eyes to that l am afraid your heart and mind may not be ready to accept and withstand, so better to take it one step at a time.

if you have kid(s), take solace in them and always be there for them, no matter what happens.
Pray and l also pray that God will heal your heart, in time.

Such is Life, l feel for you.

Lastpage!

Standing ovation! You nailed but I am not sure if i were in OP's shoes I'd stay in the marriage and yes I know I'd be cursed for leaving my spouse because they met Jayzuss!!! Why should one human being give another complete autonomy to make them miserable. I'm sorry I'd rather be lonely than miserable.

OP, God's speed in your new journey.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 18, 2014
@ Sweetlemon, please now auntie! You are coming down like a ton of bricks on the young 'uns grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Real Girls Do Real Things!- Nigerian Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Frying Garri / My Wife Changed All Our Property Documents In Nigeria To Hers, Plans To Kill Me / I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.