Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (40691 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by obowunmi(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2014
Some women can be frauds sometimes. If you use make up to attract him, you shouldn't just change the game in the middle of the journey. It's wicked.

You sold him on your makeup, wigs, and thin waist. Now you want to stop using it plus start getting fat, that's wicked.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2014
OP don't be hard on her, she is only following GOD'S word as regards the prerequisite of making Heaven. The ALMIGHTY GOD abhors ladies who wear make up n trousiers, and all those high heel and whatever shifts them from been natural, and u should be glad ur wife has seen the light n towed the part of living a CHRIST like life, instead of wasting much energy tryin to convince her to do otherwise, I'd advice u follow suit. if my fiancee could just be like her, I'd marry her immediately, imagine she tellin me she can't do without make-ups and wearin brazilian hair? And this lady is very pretty, my joy is that GOD is aware I have told her countless numbers of time that that path leads to destruction, and Christains believing that GOD only looks at the heart, is just pure delusion, cos your body should be the temple of GOD and not a shrine filled with ornament n colours. And BTW there's no modern christainity, GOD'S word never changes. OP love your wife, for she will bring you wealth and good luck
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Belexy(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
please moderator move this to front page for advice

I totally understand wat u are going through.Its only the unmarried ones that would call u names or try to make sarcastic comments rather dan see dat u are trying to save ur marriage frm a ticking time bomb.
Plz sit ur wife down and talk to her again. During my marriage counselling, diz was one of the issues dey discussed wt us and kicked against. It gradually opens the doors for infidelity.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by eghosarita: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
@snowpe, I can understand ur prediament, however, that is not a reason for u to cheat on her, have u forgotten for better or worse, the truth is you can never find happiness by cheating on her no matter what she has done. I tried to send a direct mail but couldn't, pls try and get in touch with me, eghosarita@yahoo.com, I need to really speak with u indept and this is not a forum for that, I will also like to speak with your wife, because the truth is that you can do away with all those things and still look attractive, look at the picture of the wife of GO mountain of fire and miracles ministries isn't she pretty yet no make up, no weaveon, so there is a way out, just get in touch with me and it will be resolved, I also don't use jewellry so I'm very sure I can speak to her and she will listen. Don't fail to get in touch.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by lastmessenger: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: l appreciate all the advice given,it makes me strong and opens my eyes more to understand something s which I didn't.by God's grace I will never cheat on her.
From every look of things,the fault is all yours by allowing one stupid ignoramus to pastor your wife and convince her into stupid things that christ himself never talked about.what if she has been asked to do other stupid things by these same preacher that may even be dangerous to her health?is just not funny?
Get yourself educated in the things of God and convince her back to her normal state of being.Get spiritual yourself and study scriptures so that you will be knowledgeable enough in spiritual things and then come back to convince her from scriptures that all she had swallowed up are nothing but lies.you may also need to change church(one of the new generation churches).
Thats my humble advice.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by gennysq(f): 8:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus:

OP!!

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

One day, take her by surprise, looosen your belt and whip her like a child that she is. And when you are done, give her an ultimatum; Return to factory default setting or move out. angry

Dont let any pastor become the head of your family. If your biitch isnt acting right, whip her or cut the biitch off. angry

And its okay if you cheat now, God would understand. If Virgin Mary looked like that, she would not had been God's babymama.

Walahi! Bomb dey ya head.............. Waris dis shocked
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by alVinHustle: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Dude, don't ever cheat on your wife, you need to first dissolve the marriage.

My advice is leave her for months, and before you do, tell her why you're doing so, if after those months she don't change, dissolve the marriage, better another marriage than live the rest of your life hating your lady.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Nairalanders, have you tried viewing the pictures of the ladies saying he shouldn't look at the external beauty? Practice what you preach girls, Men are physical beings.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Wislet(f): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2014
@OP. IF YOUR WIFE DECIDED SHE DOESN'T WANT TO PUT ON TROUSERS OR MAKE-UP ANYMORE, BUT STILL MAKES HERSELF PRESENTABLE, ACCEPT HER DECISION. Make-up or trousers is not the definition of beauty. If she wears skirts, does her hair good, and makes-up lightly or not at all, those cannot make her ugly looking. Where you should complain is if her hair is left unkempt, clothes are too big for her size and she's just not presentable....then that's taking 'christianity' to the extreme. That is not what God taught us and she just copied the wrong teaching.
So, which is it?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2014
See as people dey advertise dia church here. Abeg Op, bring ya wife to O.O.O coz diz 1 iz really strong!!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nichobabe(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2014
snowpe: he who asks for good advice won't make wrong decision, so is either u drop an advice or you keep quiet,cos if I wanted to cheat y shld I ask for advice?I want u guys to understand that in the journey of marriage nobody knows it all.

So why did you use the word cheat in your write up? I see a guy looking for excuse to cheat, maybe to clear his conscience grin grin grin

Give her sometime and she will come back to her senses, that's how they normally become fanatical at first later something else will take their fancy - gym, church, dieting, etc. especially when the friend is into it too. Hope she is working or is she a full time housewife?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by decode55(m): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
one thieving pastor has brainwashed someone's beloved wife & you guys are here screaming: "God" "Faith" undecided

SMH.

The number of brainwashed zombies on this site keeps increasing
angry

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by eaglechild: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Amhappy: In as much as she still dey baff, OP no get problem.
grin grin
Really?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 50calibre(m): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Cheat on her man!! This is a no brainer.

If her spirituality or religion encourages looking wretched and unkept, you shouldn't have to deal with it.

A woman needs to constantly keep herself attractive for her husband, it's even commanded by the bible.

Since she's deliberately chosen to look unattractive, relegate her to a less than a wife position, she's already cheating on you with her religion. grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by nairakobo: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Janetozi: @op, ur wife wasn't born with make-up & jewelry on her face & attachment on her hair & she is not going back to her creator that way. U should should have try to find out is she looks attractive without those artificial or not b4 getting married to her, but now that u have married her & she becomes born again, u have to support her. Lead her not into hell...... Those things she avoid using are what she have to sacrificed to get where she wants to spend her eternity. Hell may be cheap but heaven is not.

Is she also born with clothes, panties and shoes? Perhaps she develops eye defects and she uses contacts or glasses now, would u let me know if she was born with all of those God blessed us with to maintain our body pls? If she wasn't then she should start walking around nude, shoeless, half-blind etc since she wasn't born with all of those. But its safe to conclude dat since we were not born with ordinary white powder, we should nt use it cos we are going back to our God the way He created us.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by kingenry(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2014

my advice! you hav to engage in intensive communication with your wife more than before, find more reasons to love her, be intimate with her and see if it won't be as if you just met each other. the easiest way to have your way with a woman is to love her,pamper her and engage in new things.women can be obstinate in some certain issues but adopting this formular will make erupt in cackling laughs at all time. she would laugh like a child,then you have enslaved her "neo colonialism" wink
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by 007gal(f): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2014
First of!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING LEAVING YOUR WIFE BECAUSE OF THAT!

I have only one question to ask!

DID YOU MARRY HER FOR BEAUTY OR FOR WHAT SHE STOOD FOR, HER PERSON?

It's obvious you are the kind of man that would dissolve a marriage if your wife is going through any form of disability!

What of making her see reasons from God's viewpoint? After all you are the head of the home and you need to tackle spiritual things, in a spiritual way with a mild temper and LOVE! Geeze!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by remsonik(f): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Op did u fall in love with the make up??

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Blockus: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2014
gennysq:

Walahi! Bomb dey ya head.............. Waris dis shocked

You look good in that Keke Napep.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by lilmax(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Go check on the foolish women screaming “did you marry her cus of make up“ profile pics and you will see their hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Coldfeet(f): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Dygeasy: Bluntly speaking, No advice anyone gives the OP will be sufficient to change his orientation cos for a man to have TRIED to consider cheating on his WIFE for a reason as absurd as what he's stating here, trust me he is just wasting our time.

It's either she changes or he cheats.
Word! As I read his post this was exactly what came to my mind! He may not have done the cheating physically yet! But in his mind he has done a whole lot!!! @ snowpe you and your wife are ONE the moment you both said I DO! See her as an extension of you and take her just the way she is now. Wearing of trousers or making up and all shouldn't be all the package that got you attracted to her in the first place? If this areas are no longer there for you to admire look unto other areas of her beauty and be contented DON'T ask her to choose between satisfying you and serving her God in a way that satisfies her and her God! I pray God gives you the strength and wisdom to flee from temptation and save your marriage.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by antartica(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Does make up actually make women beautiful? I don't think so,it harms them health wise and financially.

The problem here is not make up or Brazilian wigs,but her mind set that could prove insane to a slightly rational mind. BTW, didn't you have a hint of her mind set before you married her? Or was it an arranged marriage? Marriage is a question of show me your friend,I will tell you who you are,most Nigerians are in constant state of hallucination as a result of fundamental right ignorance. They hold themselves in bondages for lack of beliefs in themselves, never trusting they could make things possible with their brains and their nature given hands.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Wislet(f): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: OP don't be hard on her, she is only following GOD'S word as regards the prerequisite of making Heaven. The ALMIGHTY GOD abhors ladies who wear make up n trousiers, and all those high heel and whatever shifts them from been natural, and u should be glad ur wife has seen the light n towed the part of living a CHRIST like life, instead of wasting much energy tryin to convince her to do otherwise, I'd advice u follow suit. if my fiancee could just be like her, I'd marry her immediately, imagine she tellin me she can't do without make-ups and wearin brazilian hair? And this lady is very pretty, my joy is that GOD is aware I have told her countless numbers of time that that path leads to destruction, and Christains believing that GOD only looks at the heart, is just pure delusion, cos your body should be the temple of GOD and not a shrine filled with ornament n colours. And BTW there's no modern christainity, GOD'S word never changes. OP love your wife, for she will bring you wealth and good luck
your artificial hair argument, I can understand. But.....God hates women wearing heels?? Who are you?? Who taught you that?
I have a request. Pls, when you want to appear more righteous and more christian than Christ Himself, do not bring God into it. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by legendsilver(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2014
xynerise:
My advice comes after you answer my question
oga mr adviser, talk wetin dey ur mind jawe. Must u interview him?
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Mariojane(f): 8:48am On Jul 18, 2014
flipflop: Sir, I'm sure you did not marry her just for beauty alone. Your wife has acted on faith, you criticizing and demanding for her to change may destroy her faith. Give her your support as her husband and friend. If you feel she looks unkempt, it just because you are still looking for that woman she used to be. You suggesting cheating on her is absolutely absurd and terribly wicked. Your wife is your wife, stop loving her for the outside "beauty" and start focusing on the inward beauty that does not change or fade. *#shrugs shoulder
I support u to an extent cos d op did nt mention d church she is converted to. Some churches can convince u to leave ur marriage nd without a second thought u will leave cos you believe anytin ur pastor say is d truth. Some women will leave their homes as early as 7am without cooking for their husbands all in d name of "pastor said we hv to clean d church" nd return 8pm. Op u need to hv a serious talk with ur wife not cos of her dresscode but for her not to b brainwash by a pastor nd fellow women in d church. Always remind her that u re d husband in case pastor ask her to do sometin without ur permission.d same tin is applicable to guys, some guys will even call their pastor to tell him they want to give their wives money. Just talk to her I believe she will listen cos of d luv u share

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2014
tempem:
Make it strong!!

Brainwashed

grin
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by maryhaam(f): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2014
Otuabaroku: I don't know why everybody is just advising the op to accept the sudden change of the wife attitude to very important issue simply because this is not the only reason why he married at first place.

@Op, talk to your wife and let her know that worshipping God does not mean she should look unkept all the time.
Equally let her know the implication of what she is doing and your concern and worries. Hopefully she listens and change.
abi o fine is for better for worse,the inner look is better than the outer look,but we all know what we kind of like,he love the wife looking good,he did not say she shouldn't be a fanatic haba but not at his partner detriment,4yrs after marriage,why didn't she start why courting then the man will know what he's getting into,dont make the op feel bad,not at the peak of there life then she wanna turn to the op mum.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by snowpe(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2014
Goldenboy007:

The problem about seeking advise in forums like this is that people that don't having business advising you will also give you terrible advise.

I wonder what is wrong with people these days, you got married and now decided to change something about yourself regardless of what your spouse think? You do not have the right to change from how your spouse found you!!! This exactly is what causes problems in marriage !!! SO because you are married now, you think you are secured so no need to keep up your game? then you will have yourself to blame.

OP, I quite agree with you !! you have a genuine concern and nobody should criticize you! Don't let anybody condemn you on the way you feel! There is something that attracted us to whomever we married and it is not necessary for it to be "Love" !!! Some is physical attraction, some its money, some it is character ! Don't condemn anybody's reason for getting married !!!

This is a common problem, call her parents or an elder she respects and talk to them, let them talk to her. Even the bible clearly states the husband as the head of the wife and if whatever you are practicing negates this then you don't God. What if you decided to adopt a strange habit too? like getting a tattoo? earrings? or go become a Buddhist? How would she feel? However sha, keep your cool, at least thank God it is good thing she adopted and not that she decided to become a "wakawaka" wife

Nairalanders! If you are not married! stop advising married people because you don't know jack what it is all about !!!! Your Nollywood and Mills&Boom Romance Novel experience don't apply in reality!
thanks alot
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Janetozi(f): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2014
nairakobo:

Is she also born with clothes, panties and shoes? Perhaps she develops eye defects and she uses contacts or glasses now, would u let me know if she was born with all of those God blessed us with to maintain our body pls? If she wasn't then she should start walking around nude, shoeless, half-blind etc since she wasn't born with all of those. But its safe to conclude dat since we were not born with ordinary white powder, we should nt use it cos we are going back to our God the way he created us.

deuteronomy 29 vs 5- "and i have led u forty yrs in the wilderness: ur clothes are no waxed old upon u, & thy shoe is not waxen old upon ur for" that shows that God approve of clothes and shoe but did u hear him talk about make up, eye glass and the rest? Genesis 35 vs 2 "then Jacob said unto his household, & to all that were with him, put away the strange gods that are among u, and be clean, and change ur garments: vs 4 and they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hi them under the oak which was by shechem" this goes further to show that God approve of garments and not earrings and the rest. Jeremiah 4 vs 3m "and when thou art spoiled wilt thou do? Though thou clothes thy self with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painti, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair............

**** u need a true man of God to brainwise u with the scripture**** u are wallowing in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by pappyrose(f): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2014
Time is the true test of love because time will introduce changes, remember its for better for worse, maybe this is one of the worse sides. Ur ability to handle this season in ur marriage is a test of ur love and maturity. It's only a season.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Blockus: 9:03am On Jul 18, 2014
decode55: one thieving pastor has brainwashed someone's beloved wife & you guys are here screaming: "God" "Faith" undecided

SMH.

The number of brainwashed zombies on this site keeps increasing
angry

Now you understand the fuckery I have to deal with on a regular. grin

The Bible says 'Wives be submissive to your husband'.. Yet this niggas wife is submissive to her Pastor and not her husband yet these niggas aint saying nothing about that.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by NNKEGO: 9:03am On Jul 18, 2014
My dear,let dis not mAke u sad,just talk to her n let her know dat she doesn't have to do all that because she is tryin to be more spiritual. Infact,softly let her know u love her buh she shud try and maintain dat same person u met 4 years back,that one can still look good and serve God propely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Changed All Our Property Documents In Nigeria To Hers, Plans To Kill Me / Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog / Pastor Akunchukwu Alfred Gifts His Wife A Car Gift For Being A Virtuous Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.