Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61271 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2015
My peeps, anytime u want to buy land especially here in Anambra, make sure u measure it . u can wit ur tape if u have one, or get a surveyor do dt for you. Do that before u comit a kobo in d transaction. if possible, pay part payment and put ur beacon rod. wait for a while b4 u complete d payment. Most importantly, dont trust anyone , even ur mentor. Reconfirm everything yourself.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 25, 2015
Also, have a rship wit ur surveyor if possible. Make sure he is sumone dt u can trust and cannot be bought.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2015
X3MLY:
Any idea where one can buy cheap agricultural land in Anambra and at what price?

Ask people around your area and they will direct U better but be very careful cos land matter no be small ish
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2015
@Ezeudene. How do u shuttle Awka to Abatete? I guess U have people taking care of the pigs for U?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by EZEUDENE(m): 12:53am On Feb 26, 2015
Apitch:
@Ezeudene. How do u shuttle Awka to Abatete? I guess U have people taking care of the pigs for U?
yes I av workers but am always dia cos 1st am 4rm abatete 2nd its nt far 4rm awka
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2015
Mercyli... I would lik 2 visit ur farm one day i stay at 3-3.. Wat do u say?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
milvet:
I too.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by bispope(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Please fellow farmers where can I get good land @ oyi local government area anambra state or around there where I can use machine to cultivate? Please am in need of this. Thanks. Am waiting for ur wonderful info
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by PeterTough1: 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
if you are interested in becoming a guest blogger @ farm.com.ng please send email to peter [at] farm.com.ng thanks.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2015
milvet:

hahah. like i said b4, i just have a test farm, not really a farm per se. i planted plantain on 4 plots of land (residential land) and using it to test plantain business. 3 of the plots are together while one already has an uncompleted boysquatters.
i made some mistakes in planting including spacing , late planting and water provision etc .
ive been so busy lately dt ive not been to the test farm for about 2months running.

I also have started a test fish farm behind my house ( a rented apartment). i bought 50 juvenile on the 1st of march and hope to rear them for 4 months. I cut a geepee tank i bought from an ex tenant and use it as the pond. we have a borehole and dt takes care of the water issues. this test is to get me accustomed to fish farming. i need to learn with the test b4 going commercial with it.

Having made up my mind to go into agric, i decided to buy bigger land so dt i can concentrate in one place and mqke it easier to manage. I used all my life savings to acquire this land. Though we had issues as my supposed mentor planned to cheat me and my friend . Thank God we got another surveyor dt couldnt be bribed. He has provided the full land and says d mistake is from his surveyor (which i doubt) . In this location, i will sart with fishery. My office has approved my loan (14.5% , 3years tenor). i plan to use this loan to dig ten earthen ponds. i wil use the remaining money to start off wt 2000fishes in one pond . The other nine ponds will be stocked after the 2nd harvest. i also plan to have a poultry and then piggery in this same land.

A challenge i will face will be getting experienced ppl dt will work for me. i intend to announce in their local churches and also sapiensa fm. Another will be securing the farm. i dont know how we (my friend and i) will secure 13 plots of 60*100.

With time, i will move my plantain from the residential plots to the farm. i may also sell one plot in the residential area to fund d farm. I also pray they dont transfer me in my office for the next two years cos transfer for ppl in my unit is interstate . i fear my next transfer will be to Lagos, bt if dt happens, there will always be a way to manage the farm. Atleast , farmtech is still in anambra. grin

I will invite you guys when my farm takes shape.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by jasper7(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
mercylicious:

hahah. like i said b4, i just have a test farm, not really a farm per se. i planted plantain on 4 plots of land (residential land) and using it to test plantain business. 3 of the plots are together while one already has an uncompleted boysquatters.
i made some mistakes in planting including spacing , late planting and water provision etc .
ive been so busy lately dt ive not been to the test farm for about 2months running.

I also have started a test fish farm behind my house ( a rented apartment). i bought 50 juvenile on the 1st of march and hope to rear them for 4 months. I cut a geepee tank i bought from an ex tenant and use it as the pond. we have a borehole and dt takes care of the water issues. this test is to get me accustomed to fish farming. i need to learn with the test b4 going commercial with it.

Having made up my mind to go into agric, i decided to buy bigger land so dt i can concentrate in one place and mqke it easier to manage. I used all my life savings to acquire this land. Though we had issues as my supposed mentor planned to cheat me and my friend . Thank God we got another surveyor dt couldnt be bribed. He has provided the full land and says d mistake is from his surveyor (which i doubt) . In this location, i will sart with fishery. My office has approved my loan (14.5% , 3years tenor). i plan to use this loan to dig ten earthen ponds. i wil use the remaining money to start off wt 2000fishes in one pond . The other nine ponds will be stocked after the 2nd harvest. i also plan to have a poultry and then piggery in this same land.

A challenge i will face will be getting experienced ppl dt will work for me. i intend to announce in their local churches and also sapiensa fm. Another will be securing the farm. i dont know how we (my friend and i) will secure 13 plots of 60*100.

With time, i will move my plantain from the residential plots to the farm. i may also sell one plot in the residential area to fund d farm. I also pray they dont transfer me in my office for the next two years cos transfer for ppl in my unit is interstate . i fear my next transfer will be to Lagos, bt if dt happens, there will always be a way to manage the farm. Atleast , farmtech is still in anambra. grin

My madam. I duff my hat for you o. You are moving with power and might. with this your job and all. to still have time for agric. I can't help but respect. it's not easy. especially in the south east, were our people trivialize agriculture.

I for invite you for this training, because you are heading to being an agribusiness entrepreneur. but knowing the nature of your job, lipsrsealed

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
@Jasper, i go like attend, bt i cannot make it on 13th being friday. Lets see how it goes.

Anybody trivialising agric now is joking. Were are d jobs? You just have to create one for youraelf and also be an employer of labour. My office laid off 200 ppl last dec and abt 130 ppl on february.

if you are laid off, the work will still continue. in abt a week or two your colleagues will forget abt u. some other person will still do ur work and at a cheaper price. So why wont you have a business of your own?

The best players are the ones dt bow out when the ovations are still high and i intend to be one of them.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by jasper7(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
@mercylicious. you'd be surprised how our people can be naive at times. I don't want to start sharing experriences because this is a public forum.

But you ask yourself, how functional is BOA in the south east or youwin or yeap or other agricultural loans, grants and programs.

Aside from the fact that land is super expensive in the east, our people have lost interest in agriculture generally.

I remember growing up, every family would have a small garden, cassava or yam farm and a few goats, sheep and chicken hovering around the compound.
At least in the rural areas. but now, they are all eating indomie and bread. Agric in the east is a big shadow of itself.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by excess4luv: 5:58am On Mar 09, 2015
mercylicious:

ma'am, i must confess, i fell in love with your passion for agriculture, definitely we need to get back to the farm, am getting encouraged each time i read ur post on NL, m working seriously to key into agriculture as a young graduate, in two weeks or less my test on fishery will kickoff, i pray to make it in agribusiness with time. God bless the profs that has motivated our minds into agriculture.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Judithume(f): 8:38am On Mar 09, 2015
I'm a poultry farmer n I live at nnewi.I have 200 layers for sale now.I want to replace them now. Any buyer should contact me wt 08066001150 . pls any idea on how to reduce ammonia smell in my farm. angry
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
Judithume:
I'm a poultry farmer n I live at nnewi.I have 200 layers for sale now.I want to replace them now. Any buyer should contact me wt 08066001150 . pls any idea on how to reduce ammonia smell in my farm. angry

check poultry thread. they advice mixing larvacide in their feed. u shld also avoid having a wet floor. change the saw dust if d waterspills. u can also get a tip drinker for their water .
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
@farmtech, pls assist her wit buyers contact.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
@Mercilicious you have a GREAT plan there and I too have a similar plan. There is nothing as good as having everything in one place and going for cheaper but effective solutions like the earthen pond you talked about. Keep me close because I'll freely and happily help you in anyway I can. @Judithume, depending on where you live you can place your cage in front of your house and sell from there, or you can go to a market and contact those that buy old layers in bulk. In Onitsha you can find them at newparts market, I don't know about Nnewi but you can ask around.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Ofido(m): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mercilixious babe... jst like someone told me a time ego and i discovered its true.. the guy said and i quote "if u really wanna start a fish farm and survive, u must as in very important learn how to do hatchery first of all". And seriously fish hatchery things is not that a big deal if u see someone to train u on d basis. me i wanna learn it also.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2015
Ofido:
Mercilixious babe... jst like someone told me a time ego and i discovered its true.. the guy said and i quote "if u really wanna start a fish farm and survive, u must as in very important learn how to do hatchery first of all". And seriously fish hatchery things is not that a big deal if u see someone to train u on d basis. me i wanna learn it also.
I can teach U FOC
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Cee9(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2015
If you stay within the awka axis, It is time you grap this opportunity of enjoying Nigeria Number zobo(zobocola), less sugar more vitamins, hygenically prepared, Nafdac Certified,and many more.FREE DElIVERY WHERE EVER YOU ARE in Awka, HOME,SHOP,BANK,OFFICES We are there.Offer lasts from now to Easter.Health is Wealth.SAY NO TO ROADSIDE ZOBO.Call ECHE:07060484547

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by excess4luv: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2015
@ Apitch plz what are the necessary things one should get ready in order to get trained by u on hatchery. Am interested
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
excess4luv:
@ Apitch plz what are the necessary things one should get ready in order to get trained by u on hatchery. Am interested
Ur vat, ovaprim, ph kit, net and for the broodstock, I prefer to check it out myself before U purchase it
U have my number, let's talk for detailed preparation
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
mercylicious:
@ Pavore, It seems u know aghamelum well.
I plan to go into agric and am thinking of buying land from umuleri/otuocha/ anaku ....
Am considering casava , palm or plantain plantation. i know plantain thrives well in umeri
Currently doing rsearch on the plants. Bt sumtin crossed my mind- they fight a lot and i dont know if they burn farmlands during such. Also , d last flood , a lot of them were affected. What do u think abt the raised fears?

I had dt apart fromthe listed crops, yam is big busines in Anam. A lady told me she did combined farming with a poor villager. She made double the amount she invested. The profit was shared equally, dt means d return was abt 200 percent.

I already have a contact dt can assist in umeri and anaku in sourcng for the farmland but ive nt yet discussed with him. Am still making my research.
How far have you gone with this?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by X3MLY(m): 8:43am On Mar 17, 2015
Apitch:

Ur vat, ovaprim, ph kit, net and for the broodstock, I prefer to check it out myself before U purchase it
U have my number, let's talk for detailed preparation

Brodally, im very much interested. How can i reach u?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
X3MLY:

Brodally, im very much interested. How can i reach u?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
FarmTech:

How far have you gone with this?

guy, my contact at umueri told me they arent selling yet. dt was as at last year.

I later lost interest in dt side cos delta plots 100 by 100. my friend helping me for d delta stuff was so busy, so i later setled for d little i got at nkwele.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
good things happening in anambra.
@ apitch, u didnt update ur thread in agric network wen u got it right.

Hatching is very good, but why some ppl dont like hatching themselves is dt it needs a lot of attention. u just have to concentrate . time is of essense in hatching. Also, some ppl stock 3 times in a year, so they prefer to stock juveniles from reputable farms.

I go like follow chop d male broodstock . grin

Please u guys shld keep us updated on d date for d hatching.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
@mercycilicious

Do you mind if I send you a pm. Need some general advice I would like to ask offline.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
mercylicious:
good things happening in anambra.
@ apitch, u didnt update ur thread in agric network wen u got it right.

Hatching is very good, but why some ppl dont like hatching themselves is dt it needs a lot of attention. u just have to concentrate . time is of essense in hatching. Also, some ppl stock 3 times in a year, so they prefer to stock juveniles from reputable farms.

I go like follow chop d male broodstock . grin

Please u guys shld keep us updated on d date for d hatching.

That's cos I failed so much that if I kept posting, weaker minds won't try hatching but thank GOD I learnt the hard way, all the parameters required turned out to be very important
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
@apitech, try update ur thread on agric network.

@salsera, no probs

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos) / See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.