Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,464 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61098 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 1:40am On Jan 15, 2015
Anambrarians, what's happening.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 2:38am On Jan 15, 2015
FarmTech:
Does anyone know the location of any of the following places?
1. Lower Mamu (achalla nando) river project
2. Niger flood plain (umuere-anam oroma etiti) project
3. Uzo-Uwani in Igboeze division nsuka agric zone
4. Lower anambra irrigatn project Omor
how can I visit any of them from Onitsha?

Kobo Ideas later answered this s. Maybe it will help someone someday, so let me post it here:

Going to Omor, l know you can get a Tracas or any other bus going there from Onitsha, You will stop at the last bus stop (the park at omor) the Anambra Imo River basin is just about some minutes walk from the park then you inquire where the Lower anambra irrigation project is.
Then from Omor junction, you can get a bus going to Adani (Enugu state) it will drive through lfite-ogwari umueje. Omasi-uno, Omasi-agu (this is the last community in Anambra before you enter Adani in state) lt is a straight road l recall Peter Obi building it way back in 2009. Most traders from Jos, Lafia etc who go to Onitsha to buy goods, use this route cutting off the old route of plying through Awka heading to 9th Mile before moving upward to Nsukka rather they use the old Onitsha-Nsukka road that cuts through otuocha junction, nando-anaku-omor-ifite-ogwari-umeje-omasi-adani-nsukka. lt is about 40km from Adani to Nsukka town.

When you get Adani which is in Uzo-uwani local government, they will direct you where want to go Then on your return journey you will get a bus going straight to Onitsha there.When l worked around there l know for sure foodstuff happens to be cheap in Adani.
As for Niger flood plain (umuere-anam oroma etiti) project, ask for the place when you get to Otuocha junction.

As for the . Lower Mamu (achalla nando) river project, you will have to get down to Achalla to make enquiries. Take a bus from Onitsha going to Awka and stop at Igbariam junction, cross the expressway and enter a bus going to oye achalla, you will passby the lgbariam campus of anambra state university., at oye achalla where there are many ricemills, make inquiries of what you seek,

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
nice one sha.

land is expensive here in anambra. do u know if govt lease land anywhere- like for ten years? having a farm in d west migh nt be easy for us to run.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2015
ugsams:

Not far from the expressway, I learnt that bike men now stay in front of the new road(I'm not sure of this) but to be on a safe side just stop at Toll gate and get a bike that will take you to Agric or alternatively stop at site, wait for bike under the billboard of the West African Intercontinental Market tell the bike man to take you to Agric. The trip from site will obviously be more expensive(between #100 - #200) but will take you through Ozeh village in Nkwelle Ezunaka and enable you to see the area more.

The villagers are currently selling govt @ agric. I pity d ppl dt are buying dt land.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Buchika:
bro I 've seen all those contraption, apart from that thing that looks like knife non of the so called machine is workable. I have visited and searched all over Nigeria and online also for a peeler, gone to all the agricultural research institute in Nigeria there is none. remember I am still a small scale processor and I am looking for something to give me like 2-3 tons per hour. I saw something I believe that's workable on the internet from Brazil but it's something I can't afford cos the capacity is very high.
if u re stil interested in d peeler i could hook u up wit someone who can help
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Buchika:
ten permanent staffs cannot process 250kg of garri manually from uprooting to frying in a day, remember the moment you uproot the tuber it starts to deteriorate, you must finish the peeling under 12 hours if you want white garri. bro either you sell tubers to garri making village women or you sell to big time processors like NSM Uli. either you do very micro scale cassava processing or very big time processing like NSM, there is no room for small or medium scale cassava processing as of now. the converting ratio is 4 tons of cassava tuber = 1 ton of garri
whats NSM
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
hello farmers. as a young girl dat wants to go in2 mechanized cassava farming and processin what do u guys have for me. am doin my research for now & i rily want to learn at d feet of masters. thanks y'all.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
mercylicious:
nice one sha.

land is expensive here in anambra. do u know if govt lease land anywhere- like for ten years? having a farm in d west migh nt be easy for us to run.
I'll like to know if that is possible.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
mercylicious:

The villagers are currently selling govt @ agric. I pity d ppl dt are buying dt land.
I pity them... but then it's not all the land in that area that belongs to the govt.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
mercylicious:

How can such a case be reported to the government?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2015
Hello farmtech can u help pls
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:51am On Jan 18, 2015
milvet:
Hello farmtech can u help pls
I don't know much about cassava. Buchika will be in a better position to help. He said that if you don't have a reliable peeling machine, don't go into cassava farming in large scale.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
FarmTech:

I'll like to know if that is possible.

am still making enquiry. i heard land is being given to ppl dt want to produce rice - free of charge at igbariam and neighbourhood. strictly for rice production.

@milvert, nsm is nigeria starch mill uli. I heard rumuors that the coy is not fit financially. You may have to visit the place and ask ppl dt have done biz wit them b4you negotiate with them.

@farmtech, report ke? i dont put my hand in cases dt dont concern me, talk more of land issues. I just alerted the house so dt we dont fall into d trap.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
please pavore I sent you a pm.please,I need urgent reply.thank you sir
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
I later went in search for Lower mamu (achalla-nando) river project. Igbariam students were rioting the day I went so the road was blocked and policemen were everywhere. We had to go through Nando to Oye Achalla. When I got to OYE achalla I was suprised that nobody even know what I was talking about, even the FADAMA man I met. The man told me that there was a time the government tried to set up an irrigation system somewhere but the project was halted due to problem with the natives.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
mercylicious:

am still making enquiry. i heard land is being given to ppl dt want to produce rice - free of charge at igbariam and neighbourhood. strictly for rice production.

@milvert, nsm is nigeria starch mill uli. I heard rumuors that the coy is not fit financially. You may have to visit the place and ask ppl dt have done biz wit them b4you negotiate with them.

@farmtech, report ke? i dont put my hand in cases dt dont concern me, talk more of land issues. I just alerted the house so dt we dont fall into d trap.
Thanks.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
hello house, farmtech, mercilous, milvet et al, you can inquire from the man in charge of Igbariam Farm settlement, he can help in leasing or renting the government land if its still available. cos at the begining of every year the lands re parceled to those micro scale farmers
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Buchika:
hello house, farmtech, mercilous, milvet et al, you can inquire from the man in charge of Igbariam Farm settlement, he can help in leasing or renting the government land if its still available. cos at the begining of every year the lands re parceled to those micro scale farmers
I heard that the villagers now want the settlers to go. They're giving them headache now.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
umunne m. i will be needing ur help soon. i just bought ten plots of land here in anambra for my farm. i plan to do fishery, poultry and piggery. i will start off with fishery first, then poultry and others. ill be moving the plantains in one of my locations to this new farm. This new farm is close to a stream dt never dries. very ideal for earthen fish pond. The environment is cool. i plan to house my workers in the farm. (I may have to sell other properties to achieve this.)

I will be starting off the project next year as obara agwugo m na aru. kwudi yakari! Cash don finish.

I maybe sending my chief farm attendant on various agric training to improve his skills, but every training will come with a bond (just like access bank). you must work for me after the training or pay back the bond (training fee).

Plans, plans, plans. May God keep us alive till next year.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
mercylicious:
umunne m. i will be needing ur help soon. i just bought ten plots of land here in anambra for my farm. i plan to do fishery, poultry and piggery. i will start off with fishery first, then poultry and others. ill be moving the plantains in one of my locations to this new farm. This new farm is close to a stream dt never dries. very ideal for earthen fish pond. The environment is cool. i plan to house my workers in the farm. (I may have to sell other properties to achieve this.)

I will be starting off the project next year as obara agwugo m na aru. kwudi yakari! Cash don finish.

I maybe sending my chief farm attendant on various agric training to improve his skills, but every training will come with a bond (just like access bank). you must work for me after the training or pay back the bond (training fee).

Plans, plans, plans. May God keep us alive till next year.

Which bond? Just pray his conscience is alive.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:36am On Feb 08, 2015
Great idea mercililous, wish u the best. @Pavore, he can sue him to court if he go astray, or won't that work?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by 3dankey(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2015
Umunne m. I love this thread and will say that I have achieved a lot from it. My greetings to all the elders and fathers that their contributions here have impacted in the lives of so many.
I want u all to know that we have many young graduates in the house,that studied Agric related courses and this thread to me is like one of our courses in school grin.

I will like to find out from the house,where some1 can get a mechanized farm in the East. I mean a farm where the whole Agricultural process from clearing to harvesting is done by machines. I really need a place to acquire practical skills and knowledge of what I have learnt in school regardless of the pay or not.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by excess4luv: 9:34am On Feb 08, 2015
Umunnem biko i need where to get highbreed seeds of watermelon and pepper with anambra. I can be reached through uchenwogu5@gmail.com
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2015
excess4luv:
Umunnem biko i need where to get highbreed seeds of watermelon and pepper with anambra. I can be reached through uchenwogu5@gmail.com
You can go to awka, ministry of agric and ask.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2015
@Mercilicious, where is ur new farm located?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
FarmTech:
@Mercilicious, where is ur new farm located?

my brother, na 4 nkwelle ooooo. A friend assisted me to get a good bargain.

@excessluv, i feel u can get it in main market too. Just know exactly what u want and go to the ppl dt sell agric equipment at sokoto road onitsha, they shld be able to drect u if they dont sell it.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by excess4luv: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
@ mercilicious and farmtech, thanx so much i will make d move soon, there is light showers in my locality now, thanx to God,
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by X3MLY(m): 12:18am On Feb 25, 2015
Any idea where one can buy cheap agricultural land in Anambra and at what price?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by EZEUDENE(m): 4:25am On Feb 25, 2015
@ Mercylicious hope dis de trade you talked abt
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 4:57am On Feb 25, 2015
This thread is making miss Anambra state, had a nice time when l worked there, missing the nchi that was caught regularly in our various rice farms, the fat pigs l did see at the lfite-ogwari market who fed fat from farm produce dumped by farmers.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2015
EZEUDENE:
@ Mercylicious hope dis de trade you talked abt

introducing ezeudene to our thread.
He is a pig farmer based in awka bt his farm is in Abatete. Any fellow pig farmer in d house?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 7:55am On Feb 25, 2015
mercylicious:

introducing ezeudene to our thread.
He is a pig farmer based in awka bt his farm is in Abatete. Any fellow pig farmer in d house?
l lived in Amaenyi, Awka.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.