Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61051 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
That's quite painful bro but thank GOD u didn't give up.
Get ur knowledge well and this time, with GOD, we will be reading ur testimony
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Apitch: That's quite painful bro but thank GOD u didn't give up.
Get ur knowledge well and this time, with GOD, we will be reading ur testimony
I believe and it must surely come to pass. is there any poultry farmer around nnewi axis
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by samseen02(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Did you know that snails are the most
prolific livestock animal producing
morethan 150 eggs at a time in one clutch?
It’s also the livestock that requires less
stress in breeding them. You can buy a
baby snail for less than N30 and make more
than N200 as profit on such snail when it
reaches table size.
The prolific aspect is that you can decide to
breed 4 snails and before a year runs out
you will have more than a thousand snails
in your snail farm. Though their is a kind of
spechie that produce this amount of eggs
at a time twice in a year. It is called Achtina
achatina, capable of producing 300 eggs in
a clutch.
If you can produce at least 30, 000 snails
that sells @N50 each (whole sale price)
table size you will be making N1,500,000 in
one season.
Snail also does not require money to buy
their foods as it is naturally available.
You may be wondering how you are going
to setup the business. Pls read the full
report here: http://
www.wealthmeans..com/2013/06/
wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
FarmTech:
Your farm location and where u base.
my farm dey emene
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Buchika: umu nne m daalu nuo, abum onye igboukwu. I am into cassava farming and processing, but to tell you the truth it's not easy at all, I started with the wrong foot forward and I lost heavily, was demoralised but now I am understudy ing a successful poultry farmer cause I believe I must surely make it in agriculture. ka ohagodi m etua
Yes that's the spirit. Farming isnt for the faint hearted. Lots of patients, courage and perseverance is required. Just remember that failure is part of success.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Buchika: umu nne m daalu nuo, abum onye igboukwu. I am into cassava farming and processing, but to tell you the truth it's not easy at all, I started with the wrong foot forward and I lost heavily, was demoralised but now I am understudy ing a successful poultry farmer cause I believe I must surely make it in agriculture. ka ohagodi m etua
Do u process to cassava or flour?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by saintpn(f): 12:45am On Aug 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 6:08am On Aug 05, 2014
FarmTech:
Do u process to cassava or flour?
my processing factory was designed to produce both garri and flour, but my greatest challenge in the business is not the end product cos I hardly meet demand. my problem is how to peel the tubers efficiently mechanically and drying

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 9:05am On Aug 05, 2014
Farming is yet to get saturated so no matter ur sector, u can hardly meet target that's why we need to encourage the youths to get busy and forget about the white collar job that's if the have the oppurtunity
To me, land(space) is the biggest challenge in agriculture and not fund. Do u agree?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2014
Buchika: my processing factory was designed to produce both garri and flour, but my greatest challenge in the business is not the end product cos I hardly meet demand. my problem is how to peel the tubers efficiently mechanically and drying
How do u currently peel the cassava? I've once came across a tool that's more effective than knive.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Apitch: Farming is yet to get saturated so no matter ur sector, u can hardly meet target that's why we need to encourage the youths to get busy and forget about the white collar job that's if the have the oppurtunity
To me, land(space) is the biggest challenge in agriculture and not fund. Do u agree?
But there are many places where u can rent land for as low as 5k per yr. I've seen them on NL here.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
FarmTech:
But there are many places where u can rent land for as low as 5k per yr. I've seen them on NL here.
That's for those in the west and not here in the east, but I stand to be corrected
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
Apitch:
That's for those in the west and not here in the east, but I stand to be corrected
I rented 166 plots of land where I cultivated my cassava 12500 naira total cost plus 2 gallons of palm wine. not up to 2000 naira per hectar and its within awka axis

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
FarmTech:
How do u currently peel the cassava? I've once came across a tool that's more effective than knive.
my brother I engage village women who charge 600 naira per wheel barrow and they peel with knives. it took almost 4 days for me to process 3 tons of cassava to finish product. the labour cost is mind blowing. that's why I am looking for a small scale peeler that can peel at even 90% efficient rate but I am yet to get one. I got something from futa akure back then but I realised after installation that it's crap, the village women is way faster than the machine and it chop the cassava tuber thereby wasting it and on top of that I 've to fuel it. brother it's a very long story.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
Buchika: I rented 166 plots of land where I cultivated my cassava 12500 naira total cost plus 2 gallons of palm wine. not up to 2000 naira per hectar and its within awka axis
That's part of the reasons I opened this thread, link me up with where I can rent such land. Pls beep me on 08038927644, we need to talk

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
saintpn: i want to go into grasscutter farming i need you to put me thru can i have your contact. Am from Ozubulu but i stay in Aba
nwanne biko butuo nkata okwu gi eba ka onye obuna ogbasara soro na amutakwa ihe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Buchika: I rented 166 plots of land where I cultivated my cassava 12500 naira total cost plus 2 gallons of palm wine. not up to 2000 naira per hectar and its within awka axis
I think it's safer to own the land on which you farm. Villagers can really frustrate a leasee.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
hmmm thats supprising. I have heard of this before and i'm still wondering how such expanse of land could be leased at a give away price. Is the road to your site motorable?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
Buchika: my brother I engage village women who charge 600 naira per wheel barrow and they peel with knives. it took almost 4 days for me to process 3 tons of cassava to finish product. the labour cost is mind blowing. that's why I am looking for a small scale peeler that can peel at even 90% efficient rate but I am yet to get one. I got something from futa akure back then but I realised after installation that it's crap, the village women is way faster than the machine and it chop the cassava tuber thereby wasting it and on top of that I 've to fuel it. brother it's a very long story.
Wow, peeling is quit a problem. Check out these peeler I was talking about: http://www.cassavabiz.org/postharvest/3a_phequip.htm#ncampeeler.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls I'm also highly interested in this.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 2:44am On Aug 06, 2014
Apitch:
That's part of the reasons I opened this thread, link me up with where I can rent such land. Pls beep me on 08038927644, we need to talk
are you on what's app
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 2:50am On Aug 06, 2014
fayahsoul:
I think it's safer to own the land on which you farm. Villagers can really frustrate a leasee.
but you have to start from somewhere, I didn't experience any problem from the umunna that rented me the parcel of land moreover it's renewed every 18 months that's the expected lifespan of cassava. where is the money to buy such expanse of land
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 2:52am On Aug 06, 2014
fayahsoul:
hmmm thats supprising. I have heard of this before and i'm still wondering how such expanse of land could be leased at a give away price. Is the road to your site motorable?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 2:56am On Aug 06, 2014
fayahsoul:
yea it's motorable but not the best of roads. it's 911 Mercedes truck that evacuate s my harvest. it's still manageable. for me farming land is not the problem at all. ask around.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 3:11am On Aug 06, 2014
FarmTech:
Wow, peeling is quit a problem. Check out these peeler I was talking about: http://www.cassavabiz.org/postharvest/3a_phequip.htm#ncampeeler.
bro I 've seen all those contraption, apart from that thing that looks like knife non of the so called machine is workable. I have visited and searched all over Nigeria and online also for a peeler, gone to all the agricultural research institute in Nigeria there is none. remember I am still a small scale processor and I am looking for something to give me like 2-3 tons per hour. I saw something I believe that's workable on the internet from Brazil but it's something I can't afford cos the capacity is very high.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 3:40am On Aug 06, 2014
as an experienced cassava farmer my advice to anyone who want s to go into commercial cassava farming is make sure your farmland is tractorable that's it's well destumped, minimise manual labour to the least possible, make sure your farmland access is motorable, be friendly with your state ADP extensions officers, know your market target, if it's only for garri, cultivate the best local variety, but if it's for starch go for all these TME419 or IITA improved variety. if you want to process commercial also and you don't have an efficient peeling system forget it you won't make it. the reason village women makes profit is they do all the processing themselves they pay no one from uprooting to frying, they pay only for grating and pressing which is very very insignificant.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 6:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Buchika: are you on what's app
Yes I am
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by boluwajokosegun: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ Buchika, very good advise but there is a way out to processing, why not employ two staff on monthly salary who will help in the processing work , get staff who can peel & fry

Can the house brainstorm on the way out or visit some small scale firm to find out how they manage it.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pavore9: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
Which part of Awka?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos) / How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.