Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,616 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61105 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Parasitic(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Anambra ekene mu unu!!!!
Asim unu ekene mu unu!!!!
ya diri unu mma ooo!!!!

Greetings sir and madams, I greet you all in the name of jesus. As a young man that just graduated from university and doing nothing at the moment. I have placed my interest in agriculture but I am a novice in this business. I seek for your assistance, please all I request is for someone it touches to grant me an internship in your farm. I am obedient, God fearing, respectfull, eager to learn new things and assist my sponsor. I will forever remain greatful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
@farmtech,
i dont think so.

i went to my farm today, some suckers hv started producing leaf.

I have a great fear. MONKEYS are a menace there.
I saw them DEVOUR unripe corn/maize in a farm nearby. The five monkeys ran away when they heard our sound. They hanged on top a tree opposite d road. The bike man dt took me to the farm told me dt a just planting food for monkeys. Dt monkeys dt eat maize, what do i think they will do to plantain? That they will relocate to d farm. Fear dey catch me now. I dont think scarecrow with bells will chase monkeys away. They are intelligent being and over time, will know its scarecrow.

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Mercylicious, I asked bc I heard on tv that the new road our govnor is building there will link to some farm settlements there.
Checkout my reply on the post u created about monkeys.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
mercylicious:

i heard ebube muonso's village at nkwele are plotting land for sale-350k per plot.
Also a village at nsugbe- 350k

@ugsams, i made a serious mistake in my planting. i calculated a plot to be 5000m2 , thinkig dt d measurement which is 50*100 is in meters bt it is 500m2 when i saw d survey plan, my spacing was also done wit d same mistake.
Since a hectare takes max of 2500suckers,a hectare is 10 plots so a plotshld take max250. some plant 100 suckers in a plot.

I didnot sleep d night i realised i made a mistake. Currently, i consider my farm a nursery of suckers. looking for a bigger farm to transplant. My farm is at Nwaobia Nkwelle. Like i said b4, its in a rwsidential plot i bought in an estate, so i decided to plant it there since i dont have plans to build there anytime soon. Am currently looking for a bigger farm. I will check Anaku. Its not easy running a farm if u dont have a car or bike. Movement is key.

Quote me any day, no village in Nkwelle will ever agree to sell their land at 350k per plot. Please be suspicious of anyone that wants to sell to you at that price range.

I'm sorry about your error in calculation. However, i believe it will still grow and yield fruit but the quality of the fruits may be slightly affected.

It will be nice to connect with you offline, If you are on whatsapp please send me a message on ***** or suggest any other medium through which i will be able to reach you offline.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
ugsams:

Quote me any day, no village in Nkwelle will ever agree to sell their land at 350k per plot. Please be suspicious of anyone that wants to sell to you at that price range.

I'm sorry about your error in calculation. However, i believe it will still grow and yield fruit but the quality of the fruits may be slightly affected.

It will be nice to connect with you offline, If you are on whatsapp please send me a message on 08037300387 or suggest any other medium through which i will be able to reach you offline.

Do know d location of the plot to be sold? Some of my colleagues have been there but dont like d location. I heard they are having issues among themselves. Youths wat the land to be sold while d old men oppose that. They are still plotting so d land isnt ready yet.

There is a land we ar going to see 2moro at Nando. I will keep u posted.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
FarmTech: @Mercylicious, I asked bc I heard on tv that the new road our govnor is building there will link to some farm settlements there.

well, ppl in all those are serious farmers. Anambra east is the mainstay of agric in anambra state, frm farming to fishing. it consist of otuocha, aguleri, umuleri , anaku etc The roads in dt area is either bad or non existent. Most ppl from.otuocha/ anam side enter canoe to go to their village as there are no connecting bridges.

I also heard anaku has large farms.i have seen some rice farms owned by their lga. i dont know if they plant anyother thing besides rice?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
mercylicious:

well, ppl in all those are serious farmers. Anambra east is the mainstay of agric in anambra state, frm farming to fishing. it consist of otuocha, aguleri, umuleri , anaku etc The roads in dt area is either bad or non existent. Most ppl from.otuocha/ anam side enter canoe to go to their village as there are no connecting bridges.

I also heard anaku has large farms.i have seen some rice farms owned by their lga. i dont know if they plant anyother thing besides rice?
When I went to river niger, I saw people packing big yams from canoe. They said the yams come from Anam.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by world1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
We have Hybrid plantain sucker the (Giant Elephant Specie) with rapid growth, early fruiting, and high yield potential.

Available in Large quantities and as much as you demand. We can deliver to any city in Nigeria.

Agribusiness Development Centre (ADC)
Beside Obasanjo Farms,
Lagos/Abeokuta Express Way Lala Town.
Ewekoro LGA. Ogun State.
+2348065220074
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
FarmTech: @Mercylicious, I asked bc I heard on tv that the new road our govnor is building there will link to some farm settlements there.

If you are talking about the new Nkwelle Ezunaka road that is located around Toll gate, the answer is yes.

In the olden days, there was a very big farm settlement occupied by whites. We refer to the place as Agric. They were into animal husbandry and different types of fruit plantations. However, the farm settlement stopped operation around the 90's. Some years back the former governor, Peter Obi privatized it through ANIDS. Some of the lands has been plotted and sold out to individuals while some others are used for agriculture (mostly maize farming) by people... I also learnt that there is a private farm(osakwe farms) that are into animal husbandry around there.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
mercylicious:

Do know d location of the plot to be sold? Some of my colleagues have been there but dont like d location. I heard they are having issues among themselves. Youths wat the land to be sold while d old men oppose that. They are still plotting so d land isnt ready yet.

There is a land we ar going to see 2moro at Nando. I will keep u posted.

Yes, I know the location of the land that they are plotting. If, you want to see the area yourself enter bike from Nkwo bank or site, tell the bike you are going to Nkwelle boys(Model Comprehensive School, Nkwelle Ezunaka). The said land is located all around the school. You will see the beacons, streets and plots that are being developed. The new Nkwelle road that is being built from immediately after toll gate will pass through there. If you ask me it will make a very good investment but please be careful not to buy from the wrong source.

Meanwhile, I haven't heard from you.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
ugsams:

If you are talking about the new Nkwelle Ezunaka road that is located around Toll gate, the answer is yes.

In the olden days, there was a very big farm settlement occupied by whites. We refer to the place as Agric. They were into animal husbandry and different types of fruit plantations. However, the farm settlement stopped operation around the 90's. Some years back the former governor, Peter Obi privatized it through ANIDS. Some of the lands has been plotted and sold out to individuals while some others are used for agriculture (mostly maize farming) by people... I also learnt that there is a private farm(osakwe farms) that are into animal husbandry around there.
Thanks v much. I know Osakwe farm. They have another branch at Ogidi and I've done biz with them b4.
How far is Agric from the expressway? Also, is there any river there where people practice dry season farming?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
FarmTech:
Thanks v much. I know Osakwe farm. They have another branch at Ogidi and I've done biz with them b4.
How far is Agric from the expressway? Also, is there any river there where people practice dry season farming?

Not far from the expressway, I learnt that bike men now stay in front of the new road(I'm not sure of this) but to be on a safe side just stop at Toll gate and get a bike that will take you to Agric or alternatively stop at site, wait for bike under the billboard of the West African Intercontinental Market tell the bike man to take you to Agric. The trip from site will obviously be more expensive(between #100 - #200) but will take you through Ozeh village in Nkwelle Ezunaka and enable you to see the area more.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
ugsams:

Not far from the expressway, I learnt that bike men now stay in front of the new road(I'm not sure of this) but to be on a safe side just stop at Toll gate and get a bike that will take you to Agric or alternatively stop at site, wait for bike under the billboard of the West African Intercontinental Market tell the bike man to take you to Agric. The trip from site will obviously be more expensive(between #100 - #200) but will take you through Ozeh village in Nkwelle Ezunaka and enable you to see the area more.
Thanks v much. I'll visit there soon.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Does anyone know the location of any of the following places?
1. Lower Mamu (achalla nando) river project
2. Niger flood plain (umuere-anam oroma etiti) project
3. Uzo-Uwani in Igboeze division nsuka agric zone
4. Lower anambra irrigatn project Omor
how can I visit any of them from Onitsha?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by mchuxx(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
mercylicious:

i heard ebube muonso's village at nkwele are plotting land for sale-350k per plot.
Also a village at nsugbe- 350k

@ugsams, i made a serious mistake in my planting. i calculated a plot to be 5000m2 , thinkig dt d measurement which is 50*100 is in meters bt it is 500m2 when i saw d survey plan, my spacing was also done wit d same mistake.
Since a hectare takes max of 2500suckers,a hectare is 10 plots so a plotshld take max250. some plant 100 suckers in a plot.

I didnot sleep d night i realised i made a mistake. Currently, i consider my farm a nursery of suckers. looking for a bigger farm to transplant. My farm is at Nwaobia Nkwelle. Like i said b4, its in a rwsidential plot i bought in an estate, so i decided to plant it there since i dont have plans to build there anytime soon. Am currently looking for a bigger farm. I will check Anaku. Its not easy running a farm if u dont have a
car or bike. Movement is key.

I am negotiating some piece of land around Ogwashi junction after Asaba for farm purpose. goes for 600k per acre. lets join forces together to procure cheaper. 1 acre is 4plots of 100ft x 100ft. (08033135908)
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Sunglow: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE:
my lovely brothers.I have a small pig farm at ihiala.I am planing to start fish farm at Awka before the end of this year.people in my area sees a farmer as a failure.we will prove them wrong. I stay at Awka. love you all
were in ihiala?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hello
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
as at yesterday

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Ofido(m): 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Mercilicious you are really doing great i thank God for u, sorry i didnt call you back again! have been tryna stabilize the new poultry farm we installed at nsugbe.

@ALL.... If u are a poultry farmer and into layers we divine mercy of God farms located in nsugbe anambra state nigeria and we can help u debeak ur layers as cheap as 20naira per bird as against the 50naira and above collected by vets around anambra state here. also we can vaccinate kumarov and fowl pox for you as low as 10naira per bird.

we are doing this jst to encourage young pple venture into farming. reach us on 08034903207
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by flinton(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2014
fayahsoul:

my farm dey emene
Cool to see someone from the same village, I am from Ibenabor village, what's Urs? Intend venturing into Agric but not yet ready, I also stay in Enugu
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by fayahsoul: 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
flinton:

Cool to see someone from the same village, I am from Ibenabor village, what's Urs? Intend venturing into Agric but not yet ready, I also stay in Enugu
nwanne kedu. i hail from amaeze villa o.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by flinton(m): 11:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
fayahsoul:

nwanne kedu. i hail from amaeze villa o.
Cool, my late grandma's villa
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
wetin dey shele?

ofido and farmtech, hw are ur birds?
My plantains are doing great, thanks to the late rains.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
mercylicious:
wetin dey shele?

Nice to hear that. My birds are still laying.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by boluwajokosegun: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
@ mercilious what is the spacing of your suckers , it looks as if they are to close
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
@ mercilious what is the spacing of your suckers , it looks as if they are to close

yes than are.
we wanted to do 2 by 2m spacing but ended up doing 2 by 2 feet. it was a mistake , so i consider the farm a nursery. They will still grow cos the one planted by my landlord in our compound is close and growing .
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Ofido(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
mercylicious:
wetin dey shele?

My dear the birds are good. One of this dayz I wil come See how u are doing
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by boluwajokosegun: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2014
@ Mercylicious good work if they are in nusuary beautiful if not your yield will be small besides you will have hard time doing work on the farm & you must do very good maintainance work . Nevertheless well done. A busy hand is far far better than an idle hand
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by tmoney4real1979(m): 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Am selling imported and used cages including fabricated local cages here in ibadan and we can deliver it to anywhere in part of nigeria ...call me for your installer or supply you (topeolugesin@yahoo.com. Or 08058092484/07069731211

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Echuka1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
FarmTech:

When I went to river niger, I saw people packing big yams from canoe. They said the yams come from Anam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.