Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here (61106 Views)

Farmers! Let's See You In The Farm. Post Your Pictures Here. / Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / Cassava Farmers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by roxell120(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
FarmTech:
Where's ur no?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2014
am starting my small plantain plantation this morning. I have given them money for the clearing.
The plantain will be on 3. and 2/3 plots of land measuring 50X100. It is inside a well secured estate meant for residential buildings but i decided to plant there since i have no immediate plan to build there. Some parts of the land belongs to my colleague n a friend and she will be provided funds for the plantain in her own plot
@Pavore and all, where can i get high breeding suckers in.Anambra?
Any contact in the river basin at Omor aghamelum?
This info is needed asap asi hv no time left.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2014
Am aware dt d catholic sisters hv a big farm here. Am sure the farm cassava bt i believe they will know agric insitutes in anambra dt do plantain.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kings331(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2014
Umunne m Ekene mu Unu! Been following with interest and I can say categorically that its been progressive. FarmTech, Apitch, I sight y'all. Am privileged to be a member of this house and more so, privileged to hail from Anambra, Akpu in Orumba South precisely. I just past out from NYSC earlier this year. And out of passion, has been into fishery and at the same time understudying Heliculture. it has been interesting I must say. Presently in PortHarcourt but thinking of bringing it home because of water challenges(Low pH) I've been facing. Though presently I have fingerlings at all times. I know with a group of intellectuals such as we have here, we shall excel. Let's keep the fire burning...
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:57am On Sep 08, 2014
Kings331: Umunne m Ekene mu Unu! Been following with interest and I can say categorically that its been progressive. FarmTech, Apitch, I sight y'all. Am privileged to be a member of this house and more so, privileged to hail from Anambra, Akpu in Orumba South precisely. I just past out from NYSC earlier this year. And out of passion, has been into fishery and at the same time understudying Heliculture. it has been interesting I must say. Presently in PortHarcourt but thinking of bringing it home because of water challenges(Low pH) I've been facing. Though presently I have fingerlings at all times. I know with a group of intellectuals such as we have here, we shall excel. Let's keep the fire burning...
You're highly welcome. I heard that market women that buy fish usually give fish farmers headache with price, is that so with u?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2014
A CALL TO ACTION
Are you in Anambra state and have passion for Agriculture? I need partners, people that are willing to go into low-cost areas in agriculture. Potential animals to raise include goats, snails, grasscutters, fish and rabbits. If you're interested, contact me on Facebook by the name, Ikeme Henry. THANKS.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kings331(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2014
FarmTech:
You're highly welcome. I heard that market women that buy fish usually give fish farmers headache with price, is that so with u?

smiles* not really, cos they can only give u headache if u r in a hurry to sell. But am seriously considering coming down to Anambra to set up cos of the water challenge am having over here, but don't really know what the fish market is like in Anambra.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kings331:

smiles* not really, cos they can only give u headache if u r in a hurry to sell. But am seriously considering coming down to Anambra to set up cos of the water challenge am having over here, but don't really know what the fish market is like in Anambra.
I don't really know how the market is here. But I've seen fish farmers at Nkpor junction. Do u sell to hotels, eateries etc?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Kings331(m): 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
FarmTech:
I don't really know how the market is here. But I've seen fish farmers at Nkpor junction. Do u sell to hotels, eateries etc?

Yes I do.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by innocentchuks(m): 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Great people of Anambra I sight u all,great industralist and entrepreneurs. light of the Nation. I am from Oba in IdemilI South L.G.A. I am a Fish farmer, I measure in fingerings production and broodstock rearing. I also undertake training and consulting services.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2014
innocentchuks: Great people of Anambra I sight u all,great industralist and entrepreneurs. light of the Nation. I am from Oba in IdemilI South L.G.A. I am a Fish farmer, I measure in fingerings production and broodstock rearing. I also undertake training and consulting services.
Sup bro! I once paid u a visit one morning early this year as I came back to the east with my woman if u can remember but I lost ur number. How's every
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2014
Apitch:
Sup bro! I once paid u a visit one morning early this year as I came back to the east with my woman if u can remember but I lost ur number. How's every
.. Apitch, hw far about meeting with Buchika? I'm still interested oo.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Apitch(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
FarmTech:
.. Apitch, hw far about meeting with Buchika? I'm still interested oo.
Still waiting for him to give us a date but I guess this will form as a reminder for him
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by innocentchuks(m): 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Apitch:

Oh yes i can now remember, i have had many visitor in resent time, but do remember u vividly. U came with a lady.well things are moving fine I give God priase. How is ur side? Sorry I also loose ur contact, but here is mine 08038651783.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Callfubu(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
A farmer's worst nightmare is that he cannot make profit from quick turnovers as a result of low or poor sales. This has been a continuous problem that is why Farmbaskit LTD was created, to help farmers market their products while they sleep.. Please contact us via email at farmbaskit@outlook.com, twitter: @farmbaskit, Facebook: search for farmbaskit, Hotline: +2348077204837, +2348038744862..
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ozikam: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ask any question on farming,agro processing and marketing. Www.centenaryagricforum.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmm.
I received my suckers from iita ibadan today. The waiting was nt funny. I was told they will be in onitsha by 8pm yesterday . I didnt receive any call from the driver till this morning.

Anyone interested in 500 suckers of the most recent iita breed should contact me. I will be given waiver for the transport bill from ibadan to east. The suckers are at nkwelle ezunaka, close to toll gate.

I also was informed by my farm mgr ( he is my foreman for everything i need done) dt there are monkeys in one of the location to be planted. We even saw squirrels as we were going to drop the suckers there. The expert from.iita told me to get scarecrows wit bells to scare them ... The monkeys were not seen in my land buy close bushes nearby.

I have informed a friend of mine dt works in min of land here dt i need cheap land for agric. She told me dt she will help me make enquiries for land in otuocha, umueri and aguleri. i just hope she gets extremely cheap ones dt has accessible road. Land towards dt side has gone so expensive cos d governor plans to build airport dt side and also dualise the road.

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 2:06am On Sep 15, 2014
mercylicious: hmm.
I received my suckers from iita ibadan today. The waiting was nt funny. I was told they will be in onitsha by 8pm yesterday . I didnt receive any call from the driver till this morning.

Anyone interested in 500 suckers of the most recent iita breed should contact me. I will be given waiver for the transport bill from ibadan to east. The suckers are at nkwelle ezunaka, close to toll gate.

I also was informed by my farm mgr ( he is my foreman for everything i need done) dt there are monkeys in one of the location to be planted. We even saw squirrels as we were going to drop the suckers there. The expert from.iita told me to get scarecrows wit bells to scare them ... The monkeys were not seen in my land buy close bushes nearby.

I have informed a friend of mine dt works in min of land here dt i need cheap land for agric. She told me dt she will help me make enquiries for land in otuocha, umueri and aguleri. i just hope she gets extremely cheap ones dt has accessible road. Land towards dt side has gone so expensive cos d governor plans to build airport dt side and also dualise the road.
I'll be very interested to know more about that land issue. Like how much is the sucker?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Buchika: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2014
Is there any poultry farmer in nnewi here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2014
@farmtech, i will keep u informed on the land info.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
mercylicious: hmm.

Please how much can I get the suckers from you? I dont mind buying a little quantity from you. I am also in Nkwelle Ezunaka right now and can visit your farm if you dont mind. I will be waiting for your feedback.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
I really appreciate what you guys are doing here. I don't have a commercial farm but I have some free lands at Nkwelle Ezunaka and practice farming on subsistence level. I should have over 200 plantain and banana trees/sucklers combined together, although they are of various sizes and ages, therefore making the harvest to come in small amounts at a given time. I hope to try out farming on a commercial level some day since I can still lay my hands on some free lands.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Ugsams, nice to know u r at nkwelle.
The suckers are for 80 naira per one. i waive the trans cost from ibadan to anambra ( i actualy paid 58000 to bring d plantain to anambra
Since u want small, i will inform u wen i finish planting.

Min of agric in anambra here sell d suckers for 200 and i doubt if they have this most recent improved yield. They might hv agbagba erin.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
ugsams: I really appreciate what you guys are doing here. I don't have a commercial farm but I have some free lands at Nkwelle Ezunaka and practice farming on subsistence level. I should have over 200 plantain and banana trees/sucklers combined together, although they are of various sizes and ages, therefore making the harvest to come in small amounts at a given time. I hope to try out farming on a commercial level some day since I can still lay my hands on some free lands.
In that your area, what is the average price of land renting per year?
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
@farmtech,
hv u considered asking Umuoji?
i heard rumuor dt ebube muonso (d catholic priest ) bought large expanse of land at umuoji as Uke ppl refused to sell more land to him. umuoji might still be cheap and its close to Nkpor ur base.

The least price ive gotten so far is 250 per plot n its at ogwashi close to asaba. they say there is a poly close by. my neighbour bought 2 plots there.
Am still looking for very cheap land. Ugwuoba (oji river) comes to mind.
They hv very fertile land there. i recal my dad had hectares of rice farm there on lease at aguabosi ugwoba .The place is also my lga thoughnot my town. Am also considering proximity to mkt, i dont know if they hv mkt for d produce. Enugu price is higher than anambra
note- awka is out of it cos am doing plantain for a start n awka ppl dont kill monkey.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 12:22am On Sep 22, 2014
mercylicious: @farmtech,
hv u considered asking Umuoji?
i heard rumuor dt ebube muonso (d catholic priest ) bought large expanse of land at umuoji as Uke ppl refused to sell more land to him. umuoji might still be cheap and its close to Nkpor ur base.

The least price ive gotten so far is 250 per plot n its at ogwashi close to asaba. they say there is a poly close by. my neighbour bought 2 plots there.
Am still looking for very cheap land. Ugwuoba (oji river) comes to mind.
They hv very fertile land there. i recal my dad had hectares of rice farm there on lease at aguabosi ugwoba .The place is also my lga thoughnot my town. Am also considering proximity to mkt, i dont know if they hv mkt for d produce. Enugu price is higher than anambra
note- awka is out of it cos am doing plantain for a start n awka ppl dont kill monkey.
..thanks a lot.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2014
FarmTech:
In that your area, what is the average price of land renting per year?

Renting a land here will be a very difficult thing to do except you would be renting small plots of land from individuals who are yet to build or use their plots. Most lands here are being developed into plots and given out to the community members who eventually sell them out to any willing buyer. Average cost of lands here are from #800,000 per plot.. This is not feasible for a farmer especially a farmer on a limited budget.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by ugsams(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2014
mercylicious: @Ugsams, nice to know u r at nkwelle.
The suckers are for 80 naira per one. i waive the trans cost from ibadan to anambra ( i actualy paid 58000 to bring d plantain to anambra

Min of agric in anambra here sell d suckers for 200 and i doubt if they have this most recent improved yield. They might hv agbagba erin.

How is work going at your farm? I believe by now you must have finish planting the suckers. If you don't mind I will like to pay you a visit at your farm. i'll be waiting for your feedback.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
ugsams:

Renting a land here will be a very difficult thing to do except you would be renting small plots of land from individuals who are yet to build or use their plots. Most lands here are being developed into plots and given out to the community members who eventually sell them out to any willing buyer. Average cost of lands here are from #800,000 per plot.. This is not feasible for a farmer especially a farmer on a limited budget.

i heard ebube muonso's village at nkwele are plotting land for sale-350k per plot.
Also a village at nsugbe- 350k

@ugsams, i made a serious mistake in my planting. i calculated a plot to be 5000m2 , thinkig dt d measurement which is 50*100 is in meters bt it is 500m2 when i saw d survey plan, my spacing was also done wit d same mistake.
Since a hectare takes max of 2500suckers,a hectare is 10 plots so a plotshld take max250. some plant 100 suckers in a plot.

I didnot sleep d night i realised i made a mistake. Currently, i consider my farm a nursery of suckers. looking for a bigger farm to transplant. My farm is at Nwaobia Nkwelle. Like i said b4, its in a rwsidential plot i bought in an estate, so i decided to plant it there since i dont have plans to build there anytime soon. Am currently looking for a bigger farm. I will check Anaku. Its not easy running a farm if u dont have a car or bike. Movement is key.
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by guchilady: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Rily interesting tread,I'm an intending farmer located in anambra state,,I hope we can help each other out. grin
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Ofido(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2014
mercylicious: @Ugsams, nice to know u r at nkwelle.

plz do contact me on 08034903207, I will also be needing the suckers though small quantity also
Re: Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Are there farm settlemens in Nkwelle Ezunaka?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm / Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.