Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram (23484 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
on July 21, 2014 at 3:12 pm in News

Ben Agande, Abuja.

The Federal government Monday condemned the registration of Nigerians resident in states other than their state of origin and deportation of Nigerians to their states of origin by some state governments, warning that the move is capable disintegrating the country.

Addressing state House Correspondents after the meeting of the National Security Council monday, the Director General of the Department of States Services, Mr Ita Ekpenyong said the council directed that the practices must be stopped forthwith as every Nigerian is free to live in any part of the Country without molestation.

The decision by the Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha to register all Northerners in Imo state has sparked widespread condemnation in the country as the move is seen as ethnic and religious profiling.

Several states in the southern part of the country have also allegedly repatriated northerners living in their states to the northern part of the country.

Mr. Ekpenyong who was in company of the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar also revealed that a meeting of the National Council of state would be convened next week to address these issues.

He said the president has directed that no security Personnel should be involved in the registration or relocation of persons by state governments or any group in a state.

He said: “Council discussed in detail the issue of registration of Nigerians in any part of the country, being subjected to registration, being subjected to deportation, being taken away from one part of the country to the other.

“Council discussed the reaction by some groups in Kano State and other parts of the country.

“Council observed that this threat was more potent than Boko Haram and could disintegrate the country. And we take this very seriously, for people to deport people, for people to take people from one place to the other, for registration of indigenes no matter where they are. No matter where they are they are free to settle anywhere they like.

“Council resolved that the issue of registration of Nigerians anywhere in the country and deportation should stop forthwith. To re-emphasis the importance, the President has attached to this that is why he asked the IGP and I to address the press, this must stop forthwith.

“Security operatives should not be involved in anybody trying to register people and anybody trying to deport people security operatives must henceforth not be involved if Police, DSS is found to be involved it will be severely dealt it.

“Also Youth groups trying to forment trouble because of this issue are hereby warned to desist from it because government is taking serious notice of it. Government is doing everything possible to steam this from getting out of control. As a matter of fact to show the urgency, the Council of State meeting will be held anytime next week to discuss this issues” he said.

On the abduction of the Chibok girls, security chief insisted that security agencies know where the girls are but are only being careful in effecting their release.

“The issue of Chibok girls, government is making efforts. We know where they are but we don’t want to endanger their lives that is the truth we want to take it gradually and release them at the appropriate time. We know where they are you can go to bed with that” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/fg-bans-registration-nigerians-says-worse-boko-haram/
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Tintinix: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Time to put the foot down!
This nonsense must stop.

7 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by jayseehe(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
nice move by the FG.
but it is not worse than Boko Haram

14 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by psychologist(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Am watching a movie titled nigeria

5 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Donmarrius: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nigeria must divide!.

13 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by yuzjet(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hmmmm...... Make I just dey look! smiley
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by justi4jesu(f): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Am yet to understand this undecided
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ajetunde: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
FG should "ban" Boko Haram first. If not, it all ends the same way.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by tonididdy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Jonathan sekem
bokoharam sekem
diddy sekem

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Smartsyn(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
hmmmm

Registration or no registration, wetin wan happen go happen.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by MrRhymes101(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dis our government funny sha

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by macsika: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
cheesy Last to comment Yay! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice one!
P.s Fashola should 'reintegrate the people he deported from Lagos'

9 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by nkpommpko(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
I wonder the kind of advisers our governors have around them

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Eldavido1: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Finally someone has woken up to his responsibilities!

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ednut1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
good
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by MrRhymes101(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
psychologist: g
H....lol
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by femmmmi94: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
odhi
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by loifez(f): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
First time on front page....feeling lucky and good at the same time.
Now to the matter...I am afraid for any country with porous boarders and without accurate data of citizens! If these two criteria were to be in place, trust me state governors won't be bothered with such a cumbersome exercise. But since we have a government that still doesn't see a need for such a sensitive issue being addressed despite the level of insecurity, the governors in a bid to secure their states have taken to those options....afterall, the governor is in charge of its state's security.
It bothers me that even those coming into Nigeria through our airports don't have any form of identity documentation. Una go just waka through custom after stamping your passport....I mean its most worrisome!

7 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Ogomsb2k: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
good move by GEJ
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by psychologist(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
MrRhymes101: f
g
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by datguru: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hahahaha, they said this day will never come.

Walahi oga, is that not Obama speech?

There was a country

Kia oga, is that not achebe's speech.

And then! Obama's speech is a reality, are you trying to tell me achebe does not know what he is saying?
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ichidodo: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Eye-service,FG has no right to ban anything.....they couldn't do anything for Sharia,why the grandstanding?? Registration and curbing of Boko haram south east infiltration should continue.....

7 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Babyboy1986(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ok ooo i hear una wella, I swear to God i go make FP today..
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Amya(f): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice move by the FG. Every Nigerian has the right to live anywhere they choose to live. It's one of the freedoms guaranteed by the constitution. There should be harsh sanctions imposed on any state government who pursues this further.

Long live Nigeria!
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Afrocatalyst: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Just waking up?

Why didn't FG issue the ban when lagos came up with LASRRA and deportation of some people to their hometowns?

Why now that the Imo state government has taken same path.

I perceive cowardice.

My advice to Mr President: do what is right whether you are going to step on toes or not. People are watching and this might be your last chance as a president.

You should have done this long time ago with the LASG.

7 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Is there anything worse than Boko haram? FG should try to be smart biko!

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Emyo(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Any state that want to continue with this can hide under the umbralla of registering the entire occupants of his state no matter your origin. By so doing you will be able to ascertain the numeber of foriengners in a state. How is this greater then Boko Haram

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside Saraki’s ‘secret’ Meeting With Sheriff / Is Kadaira Ahmed Truly An In-law To El-rufai? / Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.