Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? (27641 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by fijiano202(m): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Xtarxhyne: wahs d three letter words
God bless u for that question
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Toks2008(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lets not fool each other. The question here should be rephrased to " can you woo a lady for the purpose of sex and not with any taught of commitment?"

99.9% of men know if there is a possibility of settling down with a lady even before wooing her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by fijiano202(m): 3:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
If u no taste food how u wan take know the one wey sweet...forget story,Food Aroma na Film trick
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
opibycar:

Ur attention is needed in d bedroom
u say?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
fijiano202: God bless u for that question
amen...u 2
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Harmvirus(f): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
No
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by passionate88: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Acidosis: God in his divine wisdom ordained s€x for marriage. Man in his own self-acclaimed wisdom said No God, we can't wait till marriage, bodi nor be fire wood . So man created DATING/ Relationship S€xual Relationship.

Now to your question: From the view point of man's self-acclaimed wisdom, it is very possible to DATE have a s€xual relationship with someone you can't marry. However! Those who subscribe to the pathway of God's divine wisdom cannot, will not, & will never date have anything s€xual or sensual with someone they can't marry.

Overall, it is a complete display of ignorance for one to say 'I can't marry my boyfriend/girlfriend'. The s€x you guys had is enough reason for you guys to get married.

Can you break a sealed biscuit, and still refuse to pay? Can you disvirgin and not marry?

Ignorance! Judgement awaits us ALL.
@bolded... Virgins dn dey go extinct for Naija o... If I break somethin, I go pay for am but as e b so, na only d broken ones na im man dey encounter so hw I go pay for another man doings?.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by jennylove7575(f): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
angela98: I can not date a person whom I see as unmarriageable. because I am one person who is very committed to her relationship. I Dont just date any man, there are qualities I expect to find in a man before I can date him. If the relationship leads to marriage well fine. Its not every relationship that leads to marriage, there are so many unforeseen circumstances that can breakup relationships. smiley
I don't agree with you. You can date a man for fun. You can date two men,One can be marriageable another one can be the one financing your need. Men are very useless so u cannot show any commitment to a man who has not put a ring on your fingers. I can not date a man who cannot care for me financially.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
I love this topic so much

Considering that we have vast arrays of boys and girls claiming to be in relationships nowadays
I tell you majority of them are just thriving in sin while others are just trying to belong.
In the real sense of it, over 70% of boys does not see these girls they frolic with as potential wives.
Which begs for the answers to the question 'if she/he is good for friendship why is she/he not good for marriage?'
Most times, the problem lies with the female folks because they seem not to know what they actually want from the opposite sex
Majority just do not want to be seen single(to them it tags them an outcast) and as such they get hooked up my all means
But when you know what you want and look out for it in a potential mate (bf or gf) then you'll have a headway.

My Contribution!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by PrincessB1(f): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
runzlord: Yes we date who we cant marry
Reasons
1.Three letters word
2. Respect as ur hubby not like like as ur bf (most ladies lack this)
3.orthers grin
You nd diz ur 3letters undecided SMH
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Acidosis: God in his divine wisdom ordained s€x for marriage. Man in his own self-acclaimed wisdom said No God, we can't wait till marriage, bodi nor be fire wood . So man created DATING/ Relationship S€xual Relationship.

Now to your question: From the view point of man's self-acclaimed wisdom, it is very possible to DATE have a s€xual relationship with someone you can't marry. However! Those who subscribe to the pathway of God's divine wisdom cannot, will not, & will never date have anything s€xual or sensual with someone they can't marry.

Overall, it is a complete display of ignorance for one to say 'I can't marry my boyfriend/girlfriend'. The s€x you guys had is enough reason for you guys to get married.

Can you break a sealed biscuit, and still refuse to pay? Can you disvirgin and not marry?

Ignorance! Judgement awaits us ALL.

I appreciates this

Much respect sir!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by PrincessB1(f): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote
author=frankben]Um.... Space booked

**goes out to buy bread and 7Up**

i'll come back to answer this question once i'm through with this my
breakfast.... I'm very hungry grin grin grin[/quote] Stop taking 7dwn i mean upwink
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tallesty1: Then what is the point of dating her? Methinks the whole point of dating is to find someone you love and want to build a life with and to get married. I always faint when I hear people say something like I dated him for 5yrs before we broke up. I had four abortions for him and dumped me. All these are not supposed to happen if we do not date. Methinks dating should not last more than a year or you will end up used and heart-broken. It is laziness and greed that makes women date who they cannot marry. Guys own nah shagging, nothing elsegrin.

Point is, if you are not ready to get married, please don’t date. Keep alota lady/male friends if you like but don't go too far with any of them.

That is exactly the point!
Weldone

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Paulv(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cecediva: I will like to bring this topic for discussion.

I hear some guys guys say I can date a lady but I can't marry her when is time for me to marry

OR

Some ladies say he's just good for dating when am ready for marriage I can't marry him.

So why date someone you can't marry for a long time?

Your opinions please kiss

my opinion,is bcus once in u wl need that sombody to touch,kiss,mak passionate things with.with my few point hope u see why u wil wont to datesomebody.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
PrincessB1: Stop taking 7:-x ;x

Slap..

Why shouldn't i take 7up grin grin grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Paulv(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sunkyphil: nope and dats y am still single
u try,oya clap for yourself.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Cecediva(f): 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
IrishKez: I love this topic so much

Considering that we have vast arrays of boys and girls claiming to be in relationships nowadays
I tell you majority of them are just thriving in sin while others are just trying to belong.
In the real sense of it, over 70% of boys does not see these girls they frolic with as potential wives.
Which begs for the answers to the question 'if she/he is good for friendship why is she/he not good for marriage?'
Most times, the problem lies with the female folks because they seem not to know what they actually want from the opposite sex
Majority just do not want to be seen single(to them it tags them an outcast) and as such they get hooked up my all means
But when you know what you want and look out for it in a potential mate (bf or gf) then you'll have a headway.

My Contribution!
Spot on cool...God bless you

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by contadina: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
It is not advisable cos nature will surely play a fast one on you. You might fall in love, impregnate or be pregnant. Stop deceiving yourself. Always remember that God advocates for the oppressed
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by duby91(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
jennylove7575: I don't agree with you. You can date a man for fun. You can date two men,One can be marriageable another one can be the one financing your need. Men are very useless so u cannot show any commitment to a man who has not put a ring on your fingers. I can not date a man who cannot care for me financially.

Hear yourself..."men are very useless" you say. how many of them have you dated?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by PrincessB1(f): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
frankben:

Slap..

Why shouldn't i take 7up grin grin grin
Must you slap me hard undecided Oya go do d research urself
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
PrincessB1: Must you slap me hard undecided Oya go do d research urself
i'm sorry dear.... Please what's wrong with taking 7up?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Acidosis(m): 4:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cecediva: .

You made a very good point cool
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by duby91(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
I cannot date a lady am not ready to marry cos i don't have time to be switching gfs up and down like most guys do. i just wonder how some people date for 5years, 7years and in the end they quit the relationship. Btw how will you know if u can marry the lady in question before you start dating cos for most ladies the true character will come out when you actually start dating them, same for the guys.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Acidosis(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
tosyne2much: Wisely said Acidosis....In addition, marriage is very delicate and spiritual dan physical. However, the reasons behind someone's dating wil determine if u can marry ur partner or not... Youths of dis generation ar being driven by perishable parameters, selfishness, greed, pressure, peer influence, boredom, sex and so on.... If the aforelisted points ar d reasons why u date, I can categorically tell u dat u can be acquinted to someone u cannot marry

Very True
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Acidosis(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
richarts:

... and what if you didn't meet her a virgin?
Well, I'm only trying to delineate the act of dating. I'm in no position to judge virgins/non-virgins.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Sunkyphil(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Paulv: u try,oya clap for yourself.
undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Acidosis(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
suwailad:
this is the truth.dating is wrong.just get married.what a sinful world.
cool
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Acidosis(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
cuppieyez007:

Rightly said, sir. I've heard that word "hypocrisy" severally. The fact that we do not want to be called hypocrites doesn't mean we do not know the truth.

...and of course, not all marital plans lead to marriage. Its all about our motives.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by showby: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
How do you know you can or can't marry him without dating. Is it not better you date without sex?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
1stola: OP,
Can you sleep with someone you don't love?
U mustn't love one person on the surface of earth. What we do is compromise and pretend other lovable girls don't exist but they do.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cecediva: Spot on cool...God bless you

You too dear!

Have a great weekend & hols

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by ojsmscom(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Cant i test wot i want to buy.see me oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

19 Years Old Girl Shows Off boobs To Mark End Of April 2017 / I Cheated On My Husband, I Feel Guilty; Can I Confess To Him? / How Lagos Big Girls Offer Us Free $3X For Tattoo – Tattoo Artists Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.