Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? (27649 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by temi4fash(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
To your question... Yes.. And it is because of diverse reasons y we date...
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
no
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by zubby29(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
any girl/boy u are dating without d intention of marrying is a total wast of precious time,energy and money.u can as well visite a prostitute or gigolo if sex is ur priority dnt wast his or her time if dnt mean marg
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by MadCow1: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
1stola:
Mad cow, are you op?

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by suwailad(f): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Acidosis: God in his divine wisdom ordained s€x for marriage. Man in his own self-acclaimed wisdom said No God, we can't wait till marriage, bodi nor be fire wood . So man created DATING/ Relationship S€xual Relationship.

Now to your question: From the view point of man's self-acclaimed wisdom, it is very possible to DATE have a s€xual relationship with someone you can't marry. However! Those who subscribe to the pathway of God's divine wisdom cannot, will not, & will never date have anything s€xual or sensual with someone they can't marry.

Overall, it is a complete display of ignorance for one to say 'I can't marry my boyfriend/girlfriend'. The s€x you guys had is enough reason for you guys to get married.

Can you break a sealed biscuit, and still refuse to pay? Can you disvirgin and not marry?

Ignorance! Judgement awaits us ALL.
this is the truth.dating is wrong.just get married.what a sinful world.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
mstik: Nope. Then wats d point of dating?
When I was in the university, I met a girl.
The girl thought I really loved her & started planning her future with me.
Meanwhile, I never loved her. I was dating her for other reasons. When I realized I couldn't betray her again, I had to tell her am sorry & that we won't end up marrying each other. It pained her so much...
I felt so bad & started blaming myself that why did I approach her in the 1st place?

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by LLVelly: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nnaa, na girls crazy pass o. Na so my girl say we will never marry, I no kno weda na mistake or abi na forming. Sotey I enter nairaland come read look alike thread so I begin they give her space.
B4 Wetin dey my mind na to upgrade my money small then marry her on her birthday in January. But as things now I jus wish it fade away.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
People date someone they can't marry all the time!!
People who are not ready for marriage date other people all the time.

Is this even a question

Marry marry marry!!! Just leave people alone.

angry
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by MadCow1: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
NnamdiN: why? If you dont mind smiley

Whats the point of it?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by NnamdiN: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
MadCow1:

Whats the point of it?
I might grab a lesson or two
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by datguru: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
You never can tell until the relationship has gone far

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Alexsmith20(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
angela98: I can not date a person whom I see as unmarriageable. because I am one person who is very committed to her relationship. I Dont just date any man, there are qualities I expect to find in a man before I can date him. If the relationship leads to marriage well fine. Its not every relationship that leads to marriage, there are so many unforeseen circumstances that can breakup relationships. smiley
what other quality do women go for other than "if he is well to do"
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by 573V31D(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Don't smell the food you cannot eat...shekina
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by natureblack(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Must everything be called "date" how about a "fling" with the person
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Izzyizzie(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Its al 'bout ds...

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by Henrick007: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
zubby29: any girl/boy u are dating without d intention of marrying is a total wast of precious time,energy and money.u can as well visite a prostitute or gigolo if sex is ur priority dnt wast his or her time if dnt mean marg
hmmmm true talk
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by elitehow: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates.
See Details of How He did It Here: http://www..com/index.php/41-blog/blog-articles/611-mexico-s-carlos-slim-reclaims-world-s-richest-man-title-from-bill-gates

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by born2boink(m): 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
This question is never and will never be for me
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by daylae(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
no. wouldn't waste our time.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by angela98(f): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20: what other quality do women go for other than "if he is well to do"
yeah from some naija babes ideology its the in thing. But from mine perspective its compatibility.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by ifihearam: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
1stola: OP,
Can you sleep with someone you don't love?

yes i can but cant kiss a girl i dont love

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by MadCow1: 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
NnamdiN: I might grab a lesson or two

Na.. You dont get it; Whats the point of dating someone I cant marry especially when I cant have sex without emotions.

So, NO! I cant date someone I cant marry and I cant fhuck a lady I aint attracted to.

cool
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by cuppieyez007(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis]God in his divine wisdom ordained s€x for marriage. Man in his own self-acclaimed wisdom said No God, we can't wait till marriage, bodi nor be fire wood . So man created DATING/ Relationship S€xual Relationship.

Now to your question: From the view point of man's self-acclaimed wisdom, it is very possible to DATE have a s€xual relationship with someone you can't marry. However! Those who subscribe to the pathway of God's divine wisdom cannot, will not, & will never date have anything s€xual or sensual with someone they can't marry.

Overall, it is a complete display of ignorance for one to say 'I can't marry my boyfriend/girlfriend'. The s€x you guys had is enough reason for you guys to get married.

Can you break a sealed biscuit, and still refuse to pay? Can you disvirgin and not marry?

Ignorance! Judgement awaits us ALL.

I can understand that you see the said topic from the perspective of your religious inclination. it is very true everyone is entitled to their opinion but i must be swift to tell you that yours is rigidly opinionated and thus doesn't span across dating to marriage realities. We should understand that not many are entirely disciplined when it comes to adhering to principles. And as regards matters of love,sex and lust, these areas would never be taught to one in its entirety whether in schools,churches,homes or public functions because even religious leaders,teachers and experts have missed it if i want to judge by your point of view.
I love and respect God but without being a hypocrite, i can not dispute the fact that because of my love for God, i have not looked at someone lustfully or i have not been involved in a failed relationship that even had a number of sexual escapades..There are humans like myself out there who would need a better light on the subject other than total condemnation.
Many reasons could have led to sex before marriage:
Strong sexual attraction/chemistry
Comfort around a particular person
naivety
peer pressure
partner pressure
Environmental factors
past experiences and a host of very many reasons.
I am not in support of sex before marriage but truth be told, IT HAS ITS MERITS AND DEMERITS and that is looking @ it from the reality point of view.
pls dont liking biscuits to humans because the former doesn't get married neither is the later a commodity sold in the market.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by pedro08: 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
It goes with d perception dat ur current relationship lak somtin u desire a lot.the question is :can't u fix. It?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by apolonius(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Is this a rhetorical question or what? For most guys this what they do all the time. I have my fair share of this indictment.

Not anymore, I am decided to date someone I will marry over a year ago. I am happier,life has been easier and more progressive than it has ever been.smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by freecocoa(f): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
How am I supposed to know if I can marry him without dating him? Except we are discussing physical appearance only.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by ewizard1: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Una don turn the thread to WOO'ING GROUND abi?

Ok! Continuu...
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by JerryJJZ(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
You pple re realy funny,,,, dating is a courtship behaviour and its primary purpose is to know your spouse well enough before bargaining for marriage, if the dating is fruitful enough, marriage can results but if dating is a failure den parting ways is paramount and advisable...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by morefire: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
adanduka: Yes, won't know before dating anyway.
Midway, I realise I can't marry this person oh. But the person keeps the relationship going and I'm still dating.
shocked

AND THIS PERSON CANT STILL CHANGE AND THEN WE NOW EVEN MARRY.....
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by hayoakins(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
If i can't introduce you to my momma, i can't date you...PERIOD!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? by izsmike: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
there is a minimum work years experience required b4 a big company employ a new staff. so dating someone u cnt marry is like trying 2 gather years of experience on the subject matter, b4 marrying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Don't Mind Being A Second Wife (opinion) / I Will Award #50,000 To The Prettiest Lady That Comments On This Thread / 19 Years Old Girl Shows Off boobs To Mark End Of April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.