Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45475 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Johnnoo(m): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
War isn't the solution to Nigeria problems. Tackle corruption, nepotism, calumny, illitracy and Nigeria will be free undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gaystar: We must do everything within our limits avoid war and any thing that could trigger it, I'm a very emotional person and I pity people a lot. We must not fight cos it will spell doom for the whole of Africa and not just Nigeria.
I know we all want peace but there seems to be so much injustice in our land right now. So many of us have prayed and even fasted to bring about change in our land and nothing seems to be working at the moment.
Our destiny is now in our hands and we must do whatever we can to bring address the present situation or else posterity will not judge us well...
God bless Nigeria.

Everyone's destiny has been in their hands since earth began. God does not meddle in the affairs of humans.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ALISMILE(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry
Am sure u re jus a small boy who knws notin about real suffering, pain or hardship!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Kalvan: 11:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
emmyspark007:
Ur bastard parents made a mistake by giving birth to u....igbo beta pass ur worthless ethnic bastardized group

Shut up, you son of a Biatch. Your Mother is mad, bastard!!!

Have you not eaten human flesh today?! Biatch!!! I'll behead both you and your stewpid father. I'll also castrate your father's headless body, Ediot.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
ALISMILE: Am sure u re jus a small boy who knws notin about real suffering, pain or hardship!
This iis a faceless forum dear so mind your tongue. angry
Not everybody you see here is a kid cool
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Bruv, that's a real right war. And I'm sure more than 100,000 people have been killed since it started.

Also, the longer it last, the more hardened those folks are going to get - and it's only a matter of time before it spreads to other parts of the country.

Nigerians honestly don't know what's about to hit them.

What we are facing is Islamist insurgency e.g Maitatsine and BOKO-HARAM.
Remember the Niger-delta was once a boiling pot.

The situation can only become a real war "IF" everybody decides to take-up arms against each other just like RUWANDA.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by rattlesnake(m): 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
The third World War
the ARMAGEDDON
30% OF THE WORLD POPULATION WILL PERISH
............WOW

The Armageddon angry angry angry
wish those who will be on Nairaland by then the best

one day The Antichrist Will make front page

All the NL Athest Will Wink their nose

then the untinkable will happen
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by DeeMain(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
ISP1KSDATROOF:

Actually, your people, the Ibos (and to a lesser, but just as crazier extent, the Northerners) are the ones that've been beating the war drums in your country since 1970. They have been itching for a round 2, just since after the Nigeria/Biafra war was over. They might not have done the "requests" in physical terms like the North is want to do through butchers, murders and maimings, but theyve been very vocal in their desire to "destroy" Nigeria if they cannot get Biafra. This is not a hidden fact, and to deny this as truth is to proclaim yourself a non-credible person.

Really? So from 1970 to the present the Igbos "have been very vocal in their desire to "destroy" Nigeria if they cannot get Biafra"? Chronicler of Nigerian history I salute you! Please can you list historical support to back up this dangerous assertion?

How exactly have they been gunning for war all this while? By going back and integrating with the same people that killed and hated them before and during the war? By embodying 'One Nigeria' and moving on with their lives and entrepreneurial spirit even after countless mass murders and destruction of sources of livelihood and properties in religious or ethnic riots? Or has MASSOB become representative of the entire Igbo?

The danger of your rhetoric is in its subtle ethnic profiling of a people as a blood-thirsty collective without proofs, the same narrative that led to the war.

The problem with Nigeria is that many are now disenchanted and can no longer see a compelling future. People have therefore gone back to primordial tribal instincts in order to self-preserve.

Nigeria is traumatized with ghastly wounds and wounded people with the Igbos bearing a sizable chunk of that wound. Our solutions lie in healing these wounds and strongholds from the past, not in denying them, finding creative and courageous ways to resolve the problems we now face as a nation, and creating a compelling vision of a preferrable and beautiful future.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
I am convinced that CIA/MI6 agents are planting seeds of discord in this forum.

Call for peaceful dissolution equals war now? You people who stay in the comforts of western countries planting this negative propaganda are evil and wicked for creating this thread.

You want to hypnotize us into doing something as careless as warring over what is a logical thing to do? Why

Evil people who do nothing but perpetrate genocide!

This is exactly what Britain did when they declared that the 1966 coup was an Igbo coup in their media houses. Planting poison.

This is what Britain did when they instigated the israeli-Palestine conflict, when they tore Pakistan and India apart.

Wicked sh*t stirrers. OP can go to hell and tell his paymasters to shove it where the sun don't shine.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Listen to yourself! How can you force someone to love someone else; especially when he's of the firm belief that the other person hates him back.....and he has the scars to prove it!?

In any case, this 'hatred' you allude to is a consequence or symptom of a dysfunctional society; a society where the rights and freedoms of a people (as enumerated in my previous post) are denied them! The 'hatred' is not a causal factor but a symptom of a much deeper problem!

Igbo vs Yoruba cold war
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by macof(m): 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
I still don't get why humans are afraid of war...every great change like the changing of the ridiculous state Europeans left Africa would surely need blood to cleans.
Many won't get it, but an opened eyes would see Nigeria isn't working, it never has and would never work.
A total disintegration is the only path to any better future

Whether Igbo, Hausa, fulani, Efik or ijaw want war against the Yoruba, they would get it. We certainly aren't the trouble markers

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by EasternLeopard: 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: It's either most of you are feigning ignorance, or Nigerians are just generally selfish, and insensitive to other people's plight.

Isn't there a war currently going on in that country, with boko haram attacks?

This is the google images link of what's going on in Nigeria: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=boko+haram+attacks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qCPUU8LfGe2f7AbIxIGYBA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1252&bih=602

^^Pray tell me that isn't a war. Oh, because it doesn't affect you directly, the country is peaceful, no?

Smh @ these mofos getting emotional about war pictures, and screaming peace - when there's a war currently going on in the same country. It's a only a matter of time before it spreads to other parts of the country undecided

Thank you

Lagos has being bombed, signifying the escalation of the war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
rattlesnake: The third World War
the ARMAGEDDON
30% OF THE WORLD POPULATION WILL PERISH
............WOW

The Armageddon angry angry angry
wish those who will be on Nairaland by then the best

one day The Antichrist Will make front page

All the NL Athest Will Wink their nose

then the untinkable will happen

Do u know the meaning of "Anti"

Antichrist means people that are against christ... Meaning some christians are antichrist cos they go against his will. Anyone that goes against d commandments in the bible is antichrist.

The antichrist is not a supernatural person that will fight christ at the end. The antichrist are humans that don't obey the bible.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by faithzy(m): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: You must be a desperate urchin for spewing that rubbish from your mouth. angry
are you afraid already angry
now i see u think like a cattle rearer........am only skad of how ur family wud survie...cow.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
chulla12: I am convinced that CIA/MI6 agents are planting seeds of discord in this forum.

Call for peaceful dissolution equals war now? You people who stay in the comforts of western countries planting this negative propaganda are evil and wicked for creating this thread.

You want to hypnotize us into doing something as careless as warring over what is a logical thing to do? Why

This is exactly what Britain did when they declared that the 1966 coup was an Igbo coup in their media houses. Planting poison.

This is what Britain did when they instigated the israeli-Palestine conflict, when they tore Pakistan and India apart.

Wicked sh*t stirrers. OP can go to hell and tell his paymasters to shove it where the sun don't shine.

When last did seceding or national dissolution happen peacefully.
The US fought their civil war and still lived together.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
emmatok:
What we are facing is Islamist insurgency e.g Maitatsine and BOKO-HARAM.
Remember the Niger-delta was once a boiling pot.

And you think those folks attacking military formations and bases are just ordinary inconsequential folks, no? Just pray they don't get hold of manpads from Libya - else, it's over for the Nigerian military in that axis.

Anyway, I believe Boko Haram is allegedly a Sunni sect, no? And the ones the Nigerian army killed yesterday are shiite, isn't it? I also read on the thread that they've got Qud fighters. Now, that's fvcked up. Get back on your knees and pray the shiite folks don't retaliate because if they do, they'll be two battle fronts for the already exhausted Nigerian military. And the shia's don't play - they go harder than the Sunni's.

Just remember the titans when you're praying. And pray for peace. cool

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Team say no to war. War is evil, war is brutish, war is nasty...it's only the poor that die during wars. The rich always have a way of getting themselves out of the red zone. God save us from a 21st century war of nuclear and atomic missiles. It will be disastrous.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
faithzy: now i see u think like a cattle rearer........am only skad of how ur family wud survie...cow.
You must be a pathetic fellow. angry Have you thought of your family survival before mine
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by shinel(f): 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=TamzyTamudo][/quote] Nothing in your kitty to be proud of, because definately you are not one of the best brains! Your comment sucks! You need IELTS training materials.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by rattlesnake(m): 11:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
GodMode:

Do u know the meaning of "Anti"

Antichrist means people that are against christ... Meaning some christians are antichrist cos they go against his will. Anyone that goes against d commandments in the bible is antichrist.

The antichrist is not a supernatural person that will fight christ at the end. The antichrist are humans that don't obey the bible.

Thats the Antichrist in principle
The bible say MANY Anti christ are out there

BUT THERE IS A MR ANTI CHRIST SOME SAY HE WILL BE A POPE....

A MORTAL MAN

THAT WILL BRING "PEACE" AFTER THE DESOLATION OF ABOMINATION

HE WILL BRING 7 YEARS OF PEACE

HEY...READ WELL
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by EasternLeopard: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2014
OPC ever ready to defend us.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Perfecter4real(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2014
atlwireles:

I will allow your imagination run wild, about how comfortable I am. Boko haram is terrorist group and war is what??
Mr its obvious u have no idea what war is boko haram is nothing compared to war..if Nigeria is at war i don't think u would be seated behind ur phone or computer posting such......lemme pause here
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Thank you

Lagos has being bombed, signifying the escalation of the war.

Abuja has being bombed several times yet people are still going there to share our money and politician are still smiling.

You probably have another definition of war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2014
emmatok:

When last did seceding or national dissolution happen peacefully.
The US fought their civil war and still lived together.

Why should it happen violently? Can't the opposing side just let them go?
And after the fight, are they not living peacefully and united more than ever?
Can you say the same for Nigeria?

What of Georgia? What of Rwanda?

How is calling for dissolution now equal to calling for war?
I said i don't want to be your wife again, i want a divorce. How is that war?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ElPhenomenal(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2014
If war start ehn,me no fit die for any rubbish oo,will rather carry my kush n head 2 Ghana
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 12:02am On Jul 27, 2014
rattlesnake:

Thats the Antichrist in principle
The bible say MANY Anti christ are out there

BUT THERE IS A MR ANTI CHRIST SOME SAY HE WILL BE A POPE....

A MORTAL MAN

THAT WILL BRING "PEACE" AFTER THE DESOLATION OF ABOMINATION

HE WILL BRING 7 YEARS OF PEACE

HEY...READ WELL

I don't believe in the bible. The bible is just a story book that was written by wise people.
If u read my comment well u'll notice I wrote "bible" and not Creator(the one humans call God).
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ikweremilitant: 12:02am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.
even in a sensable thread as dis u chose to be stupid.just get a life 4 once

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:02am On Jul 27, 2014
chulla12: I am convinced that CIA/MI6 agents are planting seeds of discord in this forum.

Now you're realizing that
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by faithzy(m): 12:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: You must be a pathetic fellow. angry Have you thought of your family survival before mine
cow...cos my family aint here...cow...
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 27, 2014
I think our parents are giving birth to more stupid children than we had those days. If you were born from 1965 upwards, please shut up! You don't know anything about fighting your neighbour, you sing typing rubbish! If we start fighting wars now, who will be your target? Igbo against yoruba? Yoruba against hausa? Hausa against igbo, fulani against nupe? Ijaw against itsekiri? Kids of nowadays are so stu.pid and they just don't know what war is all about. My dad had to carry us, running from one local government to the other. Running in the bush, killing different kinds of wild animals. You think you fought cult fights, secondary school ode fights, street fights, etc and you think you can fight war? Talk to a soldier in maiduguri anyhow and see if he won't release bullets in your body, stu.pid kids. You have your smelling fathers that cheated you, input hate in your minds. Few men putting hates in your hearts and you come here forming loyalist to your tribe. I swear, th.under should just strike some these kids here, Id.iots. Do you know how many family members were lost? War begets more hatred because in war, there is no victory, only varying degree of defeats! All of you should just get out and sleep. Ode! Warrior ko! Hulk hogan ni!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:05am On Jul 27, 2014
ElPhenomenal: If war start ehn,me no fit die for any rubbish oo,will rather carry my kush n head 2 Ghana
The International community will declare no fly zone and all including the lootocrats will witness the war angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2014
faithzy: cow...cos my family aint here...cow...
And you have seen my family here

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

We Are Waiting For Peter Obi In Kastina - El-Rufai / Two SSS Operatives, ’21’ IPOB Members Killed In Enugu Violent Clash / Femi Adesina: When Petrol Went To N145 Under PMB, Nigerians Held Their Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.