Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans (57217 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Anyone Notice Ethiopian Women Do Not Date Other Africans / Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:50am On Oct 12, 2014
Mwenyi:

Am for unity of the bantu race, strictly. Any bantu out there who agree with me? We can mold this damn continent in our image. ^_^
you have your man cool
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2014
Mwenyi:

Nosense. Am yet to hear of any confrontation between bantus and somalis. Trying impress West africans that you are worth something, are we? Did you know that somalias second city kismayo was founded by bantu? Bantus name for the city is Chisimayu. Marka is another bantu settlement on somalia coast. Maaka, as bantu called it, was the furthest bantu settlement in somalia. Bravanese are remnants of bantu arab mixed people who feel superior to somslis. ^_^ The bantu arab influence came to end with the creation somalia by Europeans. Somalis lived in the bush with their animals. Mogadishu was founded by persian traders. Now tell us again how influential somali were?
grin grin shocked shocked

I knew I was right. You need to stick around
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2014
Mwenyi:

Somalis have never confronted bantus except the bantu mixed minority in southern Somalia. Even they did kick your asses at one time. East Africa was cushetic and nilotic. Bantus came and took over most if the fertile lands and split the southern cushites, in Tanzania, from their northern brothers. Now we are in Somalia trying to sort out you failed state. You Can't maintain a third world country how can you claim you civilized bantus?

Those are the the lies the primitives somalians have been peddling on this forum...

The truth shall prvail, In fact I believe it has been proved beyond any doubt that we are the precursor of any kind of civilization in eastern ,southern and central africa, without us those regions would still b in the darkness with the barbarians living there killing themselves with stones and sticks for food
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2014
mrham03:
african pride indeed! The nigerian that cant fight boko haram, the same army that cant rescue the kidnap girls, the same army that some of it troops ran to cameroon. Hahaha african pride indeed

They should seek help from Uganda army. Boko haram would be history in months. Ugandan forces are currently engaged in battle in the DRC, Central Africa Republic somalia and Sudan. Seasoned fighter they. Kick ass army.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
axum:

1. The very fact that their are 25 Million Somalis, shows Somalis have no problem with feeding themselves

2. Mongrel? Really.
25 million somalis? Where are they hiding? We know the somalia the country had 9 million starving somalis a few years back. Hell knows how many are left after 25 years of killing and starving each other. We know there are some somalis in Kenya and Ethiopian. Still, it does not add up to 25 million.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
ArtanK:

Ok I may have been wrong on one occasion but hey you were the one who claimed that you brought civilisation to the 'wild Somalis'. When I proved to you that we came from up north you changed it to we taught Cushites how to farm and build irrigation systems. You were wrong on both occasions.
The fact is Bantu's have never conquered any land from Somalis, history proves that we conquered thousands of miles with a few good horsemen, swords and spears. Furthermore Bantus would have been complaining to the British from Mozambique if they hadn't stopped our expansion.

Somalis live in an arid inhospitable parts of East Africa, what would bantus do there. But believe me when bantus adopt modern farming as practiced in the US and Israel, bantus will come knocking on your door especially NFD region. Lol!
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

We introduced iron and metal tools and weapons in eastern ,southern and central Africa , so you boasting or bragging about swords and spears is funny, because when we found you ,you guys were using stones and sticks , while Bantu blacksmith were making weapons around 500BCE. You keep confirming what have been said here, we civilized you. Now say thank you

Not to mention bantus being the first to make steel. The Haya people were making carbon steel before europeans figured it out. Modern steel-making began in 1847. The Hayas produced high-grade carbon steel for about 2000 years.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
ArtanK:

Admit it you just have this chip on your shoulder, since you didn't take any land from Somalis you decided to talk about Iraqws and weak little cushtic tribes who by the way are still present in Tanzania. LOL

I'm talking to you as a Somali while you're crying " but the Bantu are strong" all the way from Cameroon grin

Feast your eyes on this

Half of it is cushtic grin

All somali land is desert or semi desert. See map where mijikende are settled. A long the fertile coast and river tanas(?) Fertile banks. You lands were useless to bantus then.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
ArtanK:

You knucklehead, I know you're francophone but wtf, can your tiny brain compute simple English or nah?

That's what I said. I never said we took Mozambique. If you can't understand that then there is no point of debating with you.

And tell me what lies you've caught me out on?

1. You said Somalis lived in present day Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and etc around 1000 BC and the Bantu migrants took their land. That's a lie. At that time Somalis lived in the Northern part of Ethiopia.

2. You said that the Bantu taught the cushites how to farm and so on. That's a lie. It was the southern Cushites who taught the Bantu about crop cultivation, irrigation, livestock husbandry and many other things... Basically how to farm properly.

3. You said that we (Somalis) never took land from the Bantu. That's a lie. I've shown you a credible source that clearly states that the Garre Somali pushed Bantu people from the river Juba to deep inside Kenya.

I'll be back soon though, I'll show you multiple sources describing exactly how we conquered the land and which Somali clans that did it. grin

Bantu settlement along river juba was small. So that is source of pride? They are still live in southern somalia. They fed that sh!thole of country until the civil war. Their number are small for starters.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by axum: 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mwenyi:

25 million somalis? Where are they hiding? We know the somalia the country had 9 million starving somalis a few years back. Hell knows how many are left after 25 years of killing and starving each other. We know there are some somalis in Kenya and Ethiopian. Still, it does not add up to 25 million.

Somalia has 12 Million, Kenya has 3 million who are citizens, and another half a million who are refugees. Ethiopia has over 5 Million, there are half a million in Djibouti and another 1 million in Yemen and another couple of Million scattered across the Middle East, Europe and North America.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 12:55am On Oct 13, 2014
@Mwenyi, one minute you are saying that Bantus founded Marka and the next you're saying that Bantus only had a small settlement in Jubba.... Wtf! Marka is north of Jubba by hundreds of kilometers but anyways I'll have time to answer your joke of a reply tomorrow because you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about LOL.

I'll be back soon.

4 Likes

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
Mwenyi:

Nosense. Am yet to hear of any confrontation between bantus and somalis. Trying impress West africans that you are worth something, are we? Did you know that somalias second city kismayo was founded by bantu? Bantus name for the city is Chisimayu. Marka is another bantu settlement on somalia coast. Maaka, as bantu called it, was the furthest bantu settlement in somalia. Bravanese are remnants of bantu arab mixed people who feel superior to somslis. ^_^ The bantu arab influence came to end with the creation somalia by Europeans. Somalis lived in the bush with their animals. Mogadishu was founded by persian traders. Now tell us again how influential somali were?

If you'd read my earlier replies in this thread you'd read about the Garre Somali clan's offence against the Bantu in south Somalia and I would have posted proof of the Degodia, Aulihan Darod and Ajuuraan taking land from the Bantu in NFD if the others in this thread hadn't gone mute on me. Kismayu, Serenli, Liboi, Jamame and many other settlements in Jubba along with countless other towns south west of the Shabelle river were previously Bantu settlements. Fast forward 200 years and none of those towns are Bantu towns.

Marka was not founded by Bantu rather it was founded by the Somali Biyomaal clan and they are the town's largest clan even today. The town you are trying so hard to claim is Barawa and that was founded by the Tunni Somali clan as well. The Arab and Portuguese Bravanese people merely immigrated to the town during the Ajuuraan era and both Barawa and Marka were key towns in the Ajuuraan empire.
Btw it is the Bajunis that are mixed Bantu and Arab. The Barawanis/Reer Hamar are 100% Arab according to their claims and they are from Yemen. Their clans such as the Ashraaf, Haatimi and etc are also found in Yemen in huge numbers.

Mogadishu's original name is Hamar and it is the ancient town of Sarapion, early historians had always written that despite its name Maqdi Shah (the seat of the Shah) it always had a Somali sultan ruling the city. Ibn Batutta in the 1300 wrote about a rich Berberi sultan (ancient Somalis were classed as Berbers) from Zeila in north Somalia who was the ruler of the city.

PS: There is one thing you should know about nomadic Somalis, they don't see themselves as equals to people rather they believe they are superior to every single race hence why the equally stubborn Abyssinians who fed every ethnicity in Ethiopia the lie; "the Great Ethiopian Kingdom where everybody is equal" failed to convince and subdue the Somalis.

Mwenyi:

Somalis live in an arid inhospitable parts of East Africa, what would bantus do there. But believe me when bantus adopt modern farming as practiced in the US and Israel, bantus will come knocking on your door especially NFD region. Lol!

This guy is a joke. You tell me what the Bantu were doing there before the Somalis migrated to the south lol were they eating sand? The land south west of the Shabelle river, all the way across the border to the Garissa county in NFD is arable land. Heck we even have Banana and sugar plantations near Bosaso in the extreme north. It is estimated that Somalia's farms and potential farm land can feed up to 140-150 million people. But I'm sure it is all dry land LOL.

Mwenyi:

All somali land is desert or semi desert. See map where mijikende are settled. A long the fertile coast and river tanas(?) Fertile banks. You lands were useless to bantus then.

Do you want sources proving that the Bantu were driven out of the current Somali territories? I won't go back and forth with you, I'd rather just give you the books to read.

Mwenyi:

Bantu settlement along river juba was small. So that is source of pride? They are still live in southern somalia. They fed that sh!thole of country until the civil war. Their number are small for starters.

The Bantu fed Somalia lmao. They had no power or influence in Somalia pre civil war and all the farms and food companies were owned by either the government or rich Somali business men. The Bantu that are present in Somalia are good people and they are former slaves from Tanzania not the ones who were driven centuries ago.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
You're tripping yourself up with your replies you know. If we go by your argument, how can the Bantu have a small settlement in Jubba when they founded Marka?

Have a look at this map for a second, find where it says Webi Jubba then find where it says Marka then rethink your idiotic claim.

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 5:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
ArtanK:

If you'd read my earlier replies in this thread you'd read about the Garre Somali clan's offence against the Bantu in south Somalia and I would have posted proof of the Degodia, Aulihan Darod and Ajuuraan taking land from the Bantu in NFD if the others in this thread hadn't gone mute on me. Kismayu, Serenli, Liboi, Jamame and many other settlements in Jubba along with countless other towns south west of the Shabelle river were previously Bantu settlements. Fast forward 200 years and none of those towns are Bantu towns.

Marka was not founded by Bantu rather it was founded by the Somali Biyomaal clan and they are the town's largest clan even today. The town you are trying so hard to claim is Barawa and that was founded by the Tunni Somali clan as well. The Arab and Portuguese Bravanese people merely immigrated to the town during the Ajuuraan era and both Barawa and Marka were key towns in the Ajuuraan empire.
Btw it is the Bajunis that are mixed Bantu and Arab. The Barawanis/Reer Hamar are 100% Arab according to their claims and they are from Yemen. Their clans such as the Ashraaf, Haatimi and etc are also found in Yemen in huge numbers.

Mogadishu's original name is Hamar and it is the ancient town of Sarapion, early historians had always written that despite its name Maqdi Shah (the seat of the Shah) it always had a Somali sultan ruling the city. Ibn Batutta in the 1300 wrote about a rich Berberi sultan (ancient Somalis were classed as Berbers) from Zeila in north Somalia who was the ruler of the city.

PS: There is one thing you should know about nomadic Somalis, they don't see themselves as equals to people rather they believe they are superior to every single race hence why the equally stubborn Abyssinians who fed every ethnicity in Ethiopia the lie; "the Great Ethiopian Kingdom where everybody is equal" failed to convince and subdue the Somalis.

This guy is a joke. You tell me what the Bantu were doing there before the Somalis migrated to the south lol were they eating sand? The land south west of the Shabelle river, all the way across the border to the Garissa county in NFD is arable land. Heck we even have Banana and sugar plantations near Bosaso in the extreme north. It is estimated that Somalia's farms and potential farm land can feed up to 140-150 million people. But I'm sure it is all dry land LOL.

Do you want sources proving that the Bantu were driven out of the current Somali territories? I won't go back and forth with you, I'd rather just give you the books to read.

The Bantu fed Somalia lmao. They had no power or influence in Somalia pre civil war and all the farms and food companies were owned by either the government or rich Somali business men. The Bantu that are present in Somalia are good people and they are former slaves from Tanzania not the ones who were driven centuries ago.

Provide a source please. The shebelle, what you ever call it, Bantu settlements were a small. But those small settlement defeated huge Somali tribal armies before the whole Somali nation drove them away.... Which Bantu tribes are those that you drove from NFD? For starters NFD has other ethnic group besides Somalis. You have the Oromo and other Nilotic tribes living in NFD. Remember Wagalla warya. ^_^

Btw Am not Kenyan.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
ArtanK:

What power do Somalis have in Kenya? You are the most marginalized group in Kenya.

"Geo-Sociological profile of Somalis
The majority of the Somali people in Kenya are found in the former North Eastern Province (Nep) now made up of three major counties: Garissa, Wajir and Mandera. Not only have the Somalis been marginalised, but there has been near social conspiracy by successive governments to disinherit them of their nationality as Kenyans. In fact, the running joke that has survived for decades in the three major counties where majority of Somalis live has been to restrict the geographical reference of Kenya to regions outside Nep – at one time it was also known as Northern Frontier District (NFD). In many ways, those residents in NFD never felt socially or politically connected to the rest of Kenya. The feelings might have been mutual since Kenyans from other parts of the country usually know about Nep when it comes to drought and insecurity, and many consider insecurity of the region as the major defining factor of the region."
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
ArtanK:
You're tripping yourself up with your replies you know. If we go by your argument, how can the Bantu have a small settlement in Jubba when they founded Marka?

Have a look at this map for a second, find where it says Webi Jubba then find where it says Marka then rethink your idiotic claim.

Marka, Maaka in coastal Bantu language means homestead, was a trading post and not some huge settlement. This is why we need Bantu unity. Go to the defense of Bantu everywhere. Even in Somalia. ^_^
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 1:34am On Oct 14, 2014
Mwenyi:

Provide a source please. The shebelle, what you ever call it, Bantu settlements were a small. But those small settlement defeated huge Somali tribal armies before the whole Somali nation drove them away.... Which Bantu tribes are those that you drove from NFD? For starters NFD has other ethnic group besides Somalis. You have the Oromo and other Nilotic tribes living in NFD. Remember Wagalla warya. ^_^

Btw Am not Kenyan.

Lmao this is comedy! what whole Somali nation? Only a few Somali clans who probably numbered less than 5000 drove them out and since you want names, can you tell me where the Pokomo and Chonyi Mijikenda groups were prior to the Somali expansion. There were even reports of the Pokomo seeking refuge with the somalis from the Galla because the beating they got from the Galla was far worse than the beating they got from the Somalis.

You're asking me to give you names and sources then you're admitting to the Somalis flushing out Bantus from south Somalia. First it was a small settlement on the Jubba river and now you're saying that they had another one on Shabelle river? Bloody hell have some consistency for God's sake.
The old Bantu settlers of Somalia suffered assaults from the Galla then a few hundred years later the Somali.

The Somali outnumber non Somalis in the NFD greatly, don't even try to make that region a multiethnic region.

Mwenyi:

What power do Somalis have in Kenya? You are the most marginalized group in Kenya.
"Geo-Sociological profile of Somalis
The majority of the Somali people in Kenya are found in the former North Eastern Province (Nep) now made up of three major counties: Garissa, Wajir and Mandera. Not only have the Somalis been marginalised, but there has been near social conspiracy by successive governments to disinherit them of their nationality as Kenyans. In fact, the running joke that has survived for decades in the three major counties where majority of Somalis live has been to restrict the geographical reference of Kenya to regions outside Nep – at one time it was also known as Northern Frontier District (NFD). In many ways, those residents in NFD never felt socially or politically connected to the rest of Kenya. The feelings might have been mutual since Kenyans from other parts of the country usually know about Nep when it comes to drought and insecurity, and many consider insecurity of the region as the major defining factor of the region."

Somalis have held many powerful positions in Kenya, look no further than Mohamed Yusuf Haji, Adan Mohamed and Amina Mohamed (the current foreign secretary of state). Can the Bantu of Somalia name a just a couple of ministers they have/had?...

The NFD is a complex problem, massacres, marginalization, Shifta wars and etc. The Somalis in NFD have a right to lean against Somalia since their wish (being reunited with the Somalis across the border) wasn't granted hence why the Shifta wars began. I hope they never accept being Kenyan, that way there is still hope of annexation of the whole region.

Mwenyi:

Marka, Maaka in coastal Bantu language means homestead, was a trading post and not some huge settlement. This is why we need Bantu unity. Go to the defense of Bantu everywhere. Even in Somalia. ^_^

Marka is a originally a Somali town mate, it is a well-known fact that the Biyomaal clan established it. Your claim is so astonishingly ridiculous, I cannot fathom whether you're playing dumb or you don't have access to Google.

Come on son, you're worse than your two other Bantu friends who withdrew from this thread.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 5:13am On Oct 14, 2014
ArtanK:

Lmao this is comedy! what whole Somali nation? Only a few Somali clans who probably numbered less than 5000 drove them out and since you want names, can you tell me where the Pokomo and Chonyi Mijikenda groups were prior to the Somali expansion. There were even reports of the Pokomo seeking refuge with the somalis from the Galla because the beating they got from the Galla was far worse than the beating they got from the Somalis.

You're asking me to give you names and sources then you're admitting to the Somalis flushing out Bantus from south Somalia. First it was a small settlement on the Jubba river and now you're saying that they had another one on Shabelle river? Bloody hell have some consistency for God's sake.
The old Bantu settlers of Somalia suffered assaults from the Galla then a few hundred years later the Somali.

The Somali outnumber non Somalis in the NFD greatly, don't even try to make that region a multiethnic region.

Somalis have held many powerful positions in Kenya, look no further than Mohamed Yusuf Haji, Adan Mohamed and Amina Mohamed (the current foreign secretary of state). Can the Bantu of Somalia name a just a couple of ministers they have/had?...

The NFD is a complex problem, massacres, marginalization, Shifta wars and etc. The Somalis in NFD have a right to lean against Somalia since their wish (being reunited with the Somalis across the border) wasn't granted hence why the Shifta wars began. I hope they never accept being Kenyan, that way there is still hope of annexation of the whole region.

Marka is a originally a Somali town mate, it is a well-known fact that the Biyomaal clan established it. Your claim is so astonishingly ridiculous, I cannot fathom whether you're playing dumb or you don't have access to Google.

Come on son, you're worse than your two other Bantu friends who withdrew from this thread.

How old are you anyways? I told you kenyan somalis are the most marginalised people and your come back is you got one or two prominent somalis in kenya govt (they got Indians in govt too). grin You are not the only ones capable of discrimination. Because you discriminate bantu minorities more, who by the way are mixed with your blood and not worth recognising as bantu IMO, makes somalis less discriminated in Kenya? Not to mention the lynching of somalis in South Africa. Kenya somalis have a hard time getting a simple ID card. Stopped randomly by the police. Dunno, why you gloat about treating bantu minorities badly. Is your intention to impress West africans that you are bad to the bone and Sh1t. LOL cheesy
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 6:24am On Oct 14, 2014
ArtanK:

The best Land belongs to bantus in somalia according this paper:

Land
Situated on the coast of east Africa, Somalia encompasses approximately 246,000 square miles, making it about the size of Texas. Only about 10% of this territory is arable and irrigable. Out of this arable land, an estimated 1,729,000 acres is cultivated, and most of this cultivated land is located in Bantu-inhabited regions. The entire southern region's climate can be categorized as semi-arid, with an average maximum temperature ranging between 85° F to 105° F and minimum temperatures between 68° F and 85° F.
The Bantu primarily inhabit the interriverine area of southern Somalia, where most live in the vicinity of either the Shabelle or Juba Rivers. These rivers origi- nate in the Ethiopian highlands and generally run southwards through the bot- tom half of Somalia. The Juba River flows out to the Indian Ocean just north of Kismayu while the Shabelle River ends in a series of swamp basins. In years of high rainfall in Ethiopia, the Shabelle River may merge with the Juba River in the far south of Somalia.
In this profile, we are concerned with the Bantu group from along the Juba River. The Bantu in the Juba River valley can be further divided between those living in the lower Juba River Valley (villages primarily south of Jilib) and those living in the middle Juba River valley (primarily villages from Jilib in the south to Buale in the north).
The Juba region is a fertile agricultural land mass stretching between the Kenyan border to the west and the Indian Ocean to the east. Unlike the Shabelle River, which usually dris up from January to March, the Juba River is permanent and is capable of irrigating about 150,000 ha (370,500 acres) of land. Land, particu- larly farmland, is the one of the most important possessions in the river valley and its environs. Farmland, known locally as dhooboy (muddy land), is the most arable land in Somalia.
Another source of water for farming is rainfall, which is scarce in some seasons. Most of the Juba River valley receives about 24 inches of rain per year. There are two rainy seasons in this region that correspond with the river's high points, which, combined with water from the Juba River, allows farmers to grow crops throughout the year. Most farmers in the region practice a mixed farming sys- tem, as rain-fed land mainly provides sorghum and beans. As a result, farmers tend to exploit the recession of river flooding from the adjoining dhesheeg, or depression, along the Juba River . This makes the Bantu-occupied areas of the Juba River valley extremely productive—and valuable—and thus the backbone of agricultural production for national and international markets in southern Somalia.....

Stagnant economic development among the Bantu people in southern Somalia probably has its roots in the Italian colonial period. Colonial officials confiscated the Bantu's arable farms, which were their only means of subsistence and eco- nomic advancement. Between 1935 and 1940, the Italian colonial authority also forcibly conscripted the Bantu into slave-like labor in order to establish large plantations to exploit the agricultural potential in the Juba River valley. This prac- tice ended once the British Army in Somalia defeated the Italians in 1941. The 1940s until the early 1960s were predominantly peaceful years for the Bantu, who were free to farm with little interference from government authorities or hostile neighbors.
After independence, Somali authorities adopted a policy designed to prevent Bantu people from social, political, and economic development.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by somalilander: 10:44am On Oct 14, 2014
We stick to out own.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mwenyi:

How old are you anyways? I told you kenyan somalis are the most marginalised people and your come back is you got one or two prominent somalis in kenya govt (they got Indians in govt too). grin You are not the only ones capable of discrimination. Because you discriminate bantu minorities more, who by the way are mixed with your blood and not worth recognising as bantu IMO, makes somalis less discriminated in Kenya? Not to mention the lynching of somalis in South Africa. Kenya somalis have a hard time getting a simple ID card. Stopped randomly by the police. Dunno, why you gloat about treating bantu minorities badly. Is your intention to impress West africans that you are bad to the bone and Sh1t. LOL cheesy

Man, you are really pathetic. I was defending my people from internet warriors who were claiming that they had raped, killed and displaced Somalis in their millions furthermore this thread was abandoned until you decided to post. It shows who's really attention seeking and trying to impress other people.
I have not once boasted about mistreating Bantu people in Somalia, if I have then show me where... I was stating facts and all the time and you're just mad that you can't do the same.

Mwenyi:

The best Land belongs to bantus in somalia according this paper:
Land
Situated on the coast of east Africa, Somalia encompasses approximately 246,000 square miles, making it about the size of Texas. Only about 10% of this territory is arable and irrigable. Out of this arable land, an estimated 1,729,000 acres is cultivated, and most of this cultivated land is located in Bantu-inhabited regions. The entire southern region's climate can be categorized as semi-arid, with an average maximum temperature ranging between 85° F to 105° F and minimum temperatures between 68° F and 85° F.
The Bantu primarily inhabit the interriverine area of southern Somalia, where most live in the vicinity of either the Shabelle or Juba Rivers. These rivers origi- nate in the Ethiopian highlands and generally run southwards through the bot- tom half of Somalia. The Juba River flows out to the Indian Ocean just north of Kismayu while the Shabelle River ends in a series of swamp basins. In years of high rainfall in Ethiopia, the Shabelle River may merge with the Juba River in the far south of Somalia.
In this profile, we are concerned with the Bantu group from along the Juba River. The Bantu in the Juba River valley can be further divided between those living in the lower Juba River Valley (villages primarily south of Jilib) and those living in the middle Juba River valley (primarily villages from Jilib in the south to Buale in the north).
The Juba region is a fertile agricultural land mass stretching between the Kenyan border to the west and the Indian Ocean to the east. Unlike the Shabelle River, which usually dris up from January to March, the Juba River is permanent and is capable of irrigating about 150,000 ha (370,500 acres) of land. Land, particu- larly farmland, is the one of the most important possessions in the river valley and its environs. Farmland, known locally as dhooboy (muddy land), is the most arable land in Somalia.
Another source of water for farming is rainfall, which is scarce in some seasons. Most of the Juba River valley receives about 24 inches of rain per year. There are two rainy seasons in this region that correspond with the river's high points, which, combined with water from the Juba River, allows farmers to grow crops throughout the year. Most farmers in the region practice a mixed farming sys- tem, as rain-fed land mainly provides sorghum and beans. As a result, farmers tend to exploit the recession of river flooding from the adjoining dhesheeg, or depression, along the Juba River . This makes the Bantu-occupied areas of the Juba River valley extremely productive—and valuable—and thus the backbone of agricultural production for national and international markets in southern Somalia.....
Stagnant economic development among the Bantu people in southern Somalia probably has its roots in the Italian colonial period. Colonial officials confiscated the Bantu's arable farms, which were their only means of subsistence and eco- nomic advancement. Between 1935 and 1940, the Italian colonial authority also forcibly conscripted the Bantu into slave-like labor in order to establish large plantations to exploit the agricultural potential in the Juba River valley. This prac- tice ended once the British Army in Somalia defeated the Italians in 1941. The 1940s until the early 1960s were predominantly peaceful years for the Bantu, who were free to farm with little interference from government authorities or hostile neighbors.
After independence, Somali authorities adopted a policy designed to prevent Bantu people from social, political, and economic development.

Dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of the fact that I am Somali, I know my land better than you. I know where Bantu people live and where they don't.

I'll show you a simple map that will disprove your load of drivel.

The grey bit shows where my clan inhabits. Kismayu, Jilib, Bu'ale and all those places that are mentioned is settled by my Darod clan.

It shows that you have no idea what you're talking about again and you're just posting for the sake of it. Unless you have something worth replying back to, this will be my last comment in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
somalilander:
We stick to out own.

More Power to you. Stay in your country or we will make what South Africans do to you look like child play. A ring of Somalis terrorists were rounded up in kisenyi slum Kampala preparing to drive a pick-up truck loaded with explosives into a crowd. The group included women. angry
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
ArtanK:

Man, you are really pathetic. I was defending my people from internet warriors who were claiming that they had raped, killed and displaced Somalis in their millions furthermore this thread was abandoned until you decided to post. It shows who's really attention seeking and trying to impress other people.
I have not once boasted about mistreating Bantu people in Somalia, if I have then show me where... I was stating facts and all the time and you're just mad that you can't do the same.

Dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of the fact that I am Somali, I know my land better than you. I know where Bantu people live and where they don't.

I'll show you a simple map that will disprove your load of drivel.

The grey bit shows where my clan inhabits. Kismayu, Jilib, Bu'ale and all those places that are mentioned is settled by my Darod clan.

It shows that you have no idea what you're talking about again and you're just posting for the sake of it. Unless you have something worth replying back to, this will be my last comment in this thread.

You want me to take you word over a paper written by a western and Somali scholar? Yeah, right. grin The paper is from 2003. There were almost a million Bantu in Somalia in 1993. Did you drive all of them out? How many are left?
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mwenyi:

You want me to take you word over a paper written by a western and Somali scholar? Yeah, right. grin The paper is from 2003. There were almost a million Bantu in Somalia in 1993. Did you drive all of them out? How many are left?

Western and Somali scholar? what's stopping you from naming him/her?

FYI that map was created by the Siad Barre regime, it shows where each clan resides. No one has heard of your erroneous article.

No one was sparred during the civil war, even the unarmed Bantu folks, many of them were killed, a lot of them fled to neighbouring countries, tens of thousands of them went back to Tanzania where they were shipped from centuries ago and some of them were sent to the USA but that doesn't mean that there aren't millions of them in Somalia.
The fact that they haven't got one town or city exclusively to themselves shows that they are a minority every where.

You can lie about the Bantu influence in Somalia as much as you like but it doesn't change the reality on the ground.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
ArtanK:

Western and Somali scholar? what's stopping you from naming him/her?

FYI that map was created by the Siad Barre regime, it shows where each clan resides. No one has heard of your erroneous article.

No one was sparred during the civil war, even the unarmed Bantu folks, many of them were killed, a lot of them fled to neighbouring countries, tens of thousands of them went back to Tanzania where they were shipped from centuries ago and some of them were sent to the USA but that doesn't mean that there aren't millions of them in Somalia.
The fact that they haven't got one town or city exclusively to themselves shows that they are a minority every where.

You can lie about the Bantu influence in Somalia as much as you like but it doesn't change the reality on the ground.

Siad was a retard. He thought he could wish bantu minority away grin . The authors of the paper were Don Van Lehman and Omar Eno.

There were 900,000 bantus in somalia.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantu

2 Likes

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by ArtanK(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mwenyi:

Siad was a retard. He thought he could wish bantu minority away grin . The authors of the paper were Don Van Lehman and Omar Eno.

There were 900,000 bantus in somalia.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantu

Right every one is out to get the poor Bantu. Goodnight kid. You're too paranoid and you have too many excuses for your stupendous fallacies.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Howmanage: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mwenyi:

LOL cheesy
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
ArtanK:

Right every one is out to get the poor Bantu. Goodnight kid. You're too paranoid and you have too many excuses for your stupendous fallacies.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by axum: 12:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Mwenyi:

Btw Am not Kenyan.

You clearly are a Dumbasssss. And have no Idea how Bantus ever arrived in present day Somalia. Even these Bantus on their own websites talk about how they were forced to come to Somalia and leave their culture and religion so they can escape Slavery. Yet here you are, talking about them settling in the largest river in Somalia with the most resources while Somalis were destroying Ethiopia and control most of Modern Day Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya. lmao

You disgust me, your lack of history is proportionate to your low self esteem which in comparison to your Bantu nose is too far fetched and too stretched out for anyone to believe that you actually live in reality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Mwenyi: 5:11am On Oct 15, 2014
axum:

You clearly are a Dumbasss. And have no Idea how Bantus ever arrived in present day Somalia. Even these Bantus on their own websites talk about how they were forced to come to Somalia and leave their culture and religion so they can escape Slavery. Yet here you are, talking about them settling in the largest river in Somalia with the most resources while Somalis were destroying Ethiopia and control most of Modern Day Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya. lmao

You disgust me, your lack of history is proportionate to your low self esteem which in comparison to your Bantu nose is too far fetched and too stretched out for anyone to believe that you actually live in reality.

Ret_ard, what are you trying to say? undecided Low self esteem? How did you reach that conclusion. If you got nothing to say just shut up.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
axum:

Somalia has 12 Million, Kenya has 3 million who are citizens, and another half a million who are refugees. Ethiopia has over 5 Million, there are half a million in Djibouti and another 1 million in Yemen and another couple of Million scattered across the Middle East, Europe and North America.
Kenya's Somali Population does not exceed 900,000. We revised the 2009 Census in case you weren't informed.
Re: Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
axum:

You clearly are a Dumbasssss. And have no Idea how Bantus ever arrived in present day Somalia. Even these Bantus on their own websites talk about how they were forced to come to Somalia and leave their culture and religion so they can escape Slavery. Yet here you are, talking about them settling in the largest river in Somalia with the most resources while Somalis were destroying Ethiopia and control most of Modern Day Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Kenya. lmao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slavery did not exist in any non Muslim culture in Kenya.And Somalis never enslaved Kenyan Bantus, Last I checked nearly all Somali Jareers are of Tanzanian origin. The Maasais did not take any Crap from ANY traders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Girlfriend Shaves Her Baby Daddy's Hair In Middle Of Night For Cheating (Photos) / 25 Reason Why We Ladies Cheat / Man Flies From Lagos To Edo To Propose To His Gf During Passing Out Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.