Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,640 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39099 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
grin grin grin u are a real progresive.... i get u.... grin
noblezone: Its a "lie" o,

Nigeria soldiers are "defecting" to Cameroun!

Boko Haram and BBC and Al Jazera, and Press TV and CNN are the ones telling the "truth"!

Any Nigeria who dares to accept the version from the Nigeria army and government are "paid agents" of the government!

I hope the above has made me a "progressive"?

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
Very believeable. No foul play here.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by room089: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
We won't believe you guys till we hear from cameroonian defence headquarters too.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ibnsultan01: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Minimah needs to go
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
I wish i can believe this their story.
When i saw the type of weapons & ammo Bh boyz re using on channels television today, i weeped for our soldiers.
When i saw the steady shooting from several armored tanks. I turned off the television.

Lord have mercy on those soldiers.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ngwakwe: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nigeria is burning sounds melodious to most Anti-GEJ fans notwithstanding the flame consuming us all before 2015.

I think Goodluck Jonathan was responsible for the inability of Nigerian Soldiers overrunning Biafra without blockade thereby starving two and half million women and children to death.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by duni04(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
naptu2: From Defence Headquarters twitter feed and blog (also reported on BBC Focus On Africa).

DEFENCE HQ NIGERIA
@ DefenceInfoNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/DefenceInfoNG/status/503948152526110722

http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/big-story-the-nigerian-soldiers-found-in-cameroun/
Ok trying to make sense out of this: If Nigerian Border soldiers in Gamborou ngala were chase eastward into cameroun, it means the boko haram fighters approached from the west inside Nigeria. So who are these soldiers trying to repel boko haram fighters eastward when the border town is already under the control of boko haram?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by obayaya(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
The Nigerians soldiers in question entered into Cameroon without due authorization. Hence the need to surrender their weapons. They can choose not to. but that will amount to a violation of Cameroon's sovereignty and can be considered an act of war.

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ratiken(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
When I read comments from here, I seem not to understand why some folks are quick to acknowledge and believe news from the propaganda stables of Bokoharam but will always doubt statements from the defence headquarters. Are they really for a win against this insurgency I always ask?

I keep saying our enemies are the west. BBC was quick to peddle unsubstantiated false news. All professionalism have been thrown out by BBC, AFP, CNN all in a bid to quickly propagate negative news in Nigeria.

Nigeria, behold your true enemies.

11 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by skyrocketters: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
really?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by dvee2: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
cheesy grin even the paid Internet agents are beginning to sound clownish in their defence. grin. It's difficult to find excuse for this persistent failures

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by epospiky(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
sounds like a fairy-tale.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by soulglo: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Keneking: Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
This is grade one lie.The men were working so hard that they crossed our lines (3) to enter another territory.
Chai...let's hear from their Cameroon Military authorities counterparts. So has Cameroon returned our weapons or are they holding them and our soldiers as prisoners of war.
Who is the GOC of this battalion? I smell sack soon.
Jona pls act grin

Yep 500 soldiers chased terrorists into another country. When they got there the terrorists dissolved into space since there are no reports of what happened to the terrorists.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by dking123: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: I believe the media keep sticking to falsehood for commercial gain and not necessarily political

i strongly believe that bh has strong media machinery.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by lagdmark(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Some frustrated NL are already rejoicing that BH drove 480 army personnel into Cameroun. Some will tell you that BH have taken most LGA in the north.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
doctokwus: So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.
bro you know nothing about diplomatic relations and military operations

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by otokx(m): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
obayaya: The Nigerians soldiers in question entered into Cameroon without due authorization. Hence the need to surrender their weapons. They can choose not to. but that will amount to a violation of Cameroon's sovereignty and can be considered an act of war.

Tales by rain fall or is it moonlight.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by StealthyMe(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nobody knows what to believe again in this country..

Only today,we had The Chibok Girl debacle
And now this!

Watching as this melodramatic situation gradually unfolds undecided
**folded arms**

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Jabioro: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Counter! next.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by jmaine: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
dvee2: cheesy grin even the paid Internet agents are beginning to sound clownish in their defence. grin. It's difficult to find excuse for this persistent failures

Look into the mirror dude . . .
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by eaglechild: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Now APC will start cooking up another story.

This one has gone sour.

Restless witches.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
this is a good explanation...the military is doing everything possible to contain the insurgency..carry on boys..any which way na way until senate approves the money for more arms

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Litmus: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
Guys, it just does not make sense that 480 soldiers fled to Cameroon if you ponder the idea and enormity. If 450 ordinary citizens suddenly got up and fled to Cameroon as refugees because of the fighting around them this would be extraordinary let alone 450 soldiers. What part of the army is even 450 men, is it a platoon, unit, squad undecided

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by phlemzy: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think Minimah wouldn't be considered a coward if he decides to resign in the middle of this mess. What we all see to be red,he's telling us that its pink. If u watched the recent video clip of the recent invasion,you'll need no one to tell u dat the NA need a quick revamp.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Galaxydon1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
this is an insult, i thought we are giant of africa. SMH
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by RedEboe(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn: There is a current co-operation and joint multi national forces agreement with Chad , Niger and Cameroon that was instituted through Holland in Paris a few moths ago.

Part of that process has seen cross border patrols and joint operations, it would be expected that there would be occasional but regular cross border incursions into each other's territories in pursuit of Boko Haram insurgents. There would be no requirement therefore for a surrender of weapons from such incursions which are co-operative and not hostile.

I am baffled beyond reason as the explanations presented by the NA just do not stand up to rational appraisal, I'm sorry but I find these propositions of events to be questionable, particularly a we have known the NA to tell blatant lies and then when caught retract their earlier statements.

Lets see as the real truth unfolds

You are very wrong...members of a multi-national force are the ones blended with armed forces of signatory states of a military pact. Members of a multinational force are the only ones authorized to part take in cross border operations-these set of officers have either distinct uniforms or badges.

However,members of a national army (not registered as part of a multinational force) CANNOT wield their arms in a foreign territory except they are part of an invasion or something like that.

So please SHUT UP and have faith in God and the Nigerian armed forces.

10 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by iconize(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is indeed very shameful.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Adedapo001(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
i just realised many of u here doesnt wnt this boko haram problem to end just bcus u hate jonathan d right thing for any citizen to do hear is to support the military yet all u do is abuse them maybe u shld enrol u tink is easy to fight people who doesnt care if dey live or not hen?

6 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
No matter how u explain military operations to some dudes here, it wont make sense because their minds are already made up on what they like to hear.

7 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by obayaya(m): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
otokx:

Tales by rain fall or is it moonlight.

Is it not otoks again?

I expected nothing more/less from you

BTW, Is there light in Uniport? tongue

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
dking123:

i strongly believe that bh has strong media machinery.
this cannot be disputed but it will be "few" but powerful. You know our Journalists are unprofessional lazy bunch that report based on "an unamed source" "annonymous source" " gathered exclusively-without saying how" "an insider" etc. It will be easier for two or three journalists who are on BH payroll to take advantage of things and influence the reportage of other media houses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / E-Money, Obi Cubana & Kanayo O Kanayo Dance At An Event (Video) / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.