Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,491 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39346 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by eaglechild: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
This story sounds a lot more believable.

Why would a soldier give up superior salary, superior welfare package, superior retirement packages to defect to a less attractive Cameroon?

I no longer believe all I read in the press our journalism is in an atrocious state.
With a complete absence of investigation, they are only interested in making money.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by BRAVO0(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Okay okay! I hereby donate my self for this fight , this is a fight to finish ! Nigeria army pls pm me asap. shocked

Don't believe everything you read ... grin ^^
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
How can any sane person even compare the Gendarmes with the NA? Except they have support of the french they are no match anyday anytime. And some people here saying bokoharam have tanks? Mtcheew. I pray u guys never see war. Do u know wat damage a tank can do?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by lacasa: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
[Wow! The level at which the govt takes nigerians for massive fo.ols is unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by StealthyMe(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nobody knows what to believe again in this country..

Only today,we had The Chibok Girl debacle
And now this!

Watching as this melodramatic situation gradually unfolds undecided
**folded arms**
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by mizzy007(m): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
' when the bushmeat catch d hunter'
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
What they love to watch, read and listen to is what the media is feeding to them. Don't disturb yourself.

RedEboe:

You are very wrong...members of a multi-national forces are the ones blended with armed forces of signatory states of a military pact. Members of a multinational force are the only ones authorized to part take in cross border operations-these set of officers have either distinct uniforms or badges.

However,members of a national army (not registered as part of a multinational force) CANNOT wield their arms in a foreign territory except they are part of an invasion or something like that.

So please SHUT UP and have faith in God and the Nigerian armed forces.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by atlwireles: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
noblezone: Its a "lie" o,

Nigeria soldiers are "defecting" to Cameroun!

Boko Haram and BBC and Al Jazera, and Press TV and CNN are the ones telling the "truth"!

Any Nigeria who dares to accept the version from the Nigeria army and government are "paid agents" of the government!

I hope the above has made me a "progressive"?

That's all she wrote grin grin grin God bless the Nigerian armed forces.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by BRAVO0(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Btwn is uncle jona still in germany ?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by obayaya(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
RedEboe:

You are very wrong...members of a multi-national forces are the ones blended with armed forces of signatory states of a military pact. Members of a multinational force are the only ones authorized to part take in cross border operations-these set of officers have either distinct uniforms or badges.

However,members of a national army (not registered as part of a multinational force) CANNOT wield their arms in a foreign territory except they are part of an invasion or something like that.

So please SHUT UP and have faith in God and the Nigerian armed forces.

Thank you!!!!

Plenty Hollywood movies have deceived lots of these peeps.

They seem not understand how international relationships and politics works.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by atlwireles: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
THE greatest threat facing the nation’s war against the Boko Haram and other Islamist insurgents has to do with the unprecedented acts of sabotage that the national assignment is facing. Never at any other time in the history of Nigeria had the army been so bedeviled by internal and external undermining of efforts to rid the country of terrorists and other enemies of her unity and progress.
The sabotage comes in so many forms. s.It is both within and outside the confines of the armed forces. According to media reports, some military officers with sympathy for the cause of the insurgents sometimes reportedly divulge critical information about the plans of the military to undertake campaigns or even funnel military equipment to their partisans in the enemy camp. This, we learnt, has led to the unceremonious cancellation of such campaigns to avoid putting officers and men in danger of running into ambushe
One of the greatest forms of the sabotage is misinformation. Many sympathisers of Boko Haram are very eager to approach, mainly, the foreign media to say uncomplimentary things about our armed forces . They create an impression of Boko Haram as an invincible force and Sambisa, their chosen camp, as an impregnable fortress. It is this misinformation and the subsequent avoidable losses in men and military material that give rise to the tales of real or imagined “mutinies” and protests among our men under arms.
The military high command, as well as their supervisory political authorities, must take firm steps to discourage acts of sabotage against our men and women confronting the terrorists. We are fully in support of the assurance by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Kenneth Minimah, that the army will henceforth go tough on saboteurs and visit them with the strictest dictates of the law when nabbed and convicted of the crime.
We are also gratified to note that army is on the verge of taking delivery of sophisticated equipment. It will surely boost morale among the troops and spur them to greater effort to flush the terrorists out of Nigeria.
We call on the mass media to redouble their efforts and throw their full support for the armed forces. More efforts should be made to de-emphasise the dissemination of sensational and unsubstantiated information because we may be unwittingly playing into the hands of the terrorists. It is important for media houses to take a closer hold of their online editions and minimise their use by the terrorists and their supporters to achieve their evil purposes.
The war on terror is not for the army, security agencies or the federal government alone. It is a collective effort. We must report suspected saboteurs to the appropriate authorities and keep our communities safe.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/going-tough-saboteurs/#sthash.2n15VuzI.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Litmus: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
ratiken: When I read comments from here, I seem not to understand why some folks are quick to acknowledge and believe news from the propaganda stables of Bokoharam but will always doubt statements from the defence headquarters. Are they really for a win against this insurgency I always ask?

I keep saying our enemies are the west. BBC was quick to peddle unsubstantiated false news. All professionalism have been thrown out by BBC, AFP, CNN all in a bid to quickly propagate negative news in Nigeria.

Nigeria, behold your true enemies.

This time, if they're wrong, the BBC most not be allowed to get away without making a retraction and apologizing to all concerned. This is the only way we can make them report more accurately in future.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Rikidony(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
OWK THIS MAKE MORE SENCE TO ME

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Make una watch oooo, cheesy

All the criers in the last thread would conveniently avoid this thread.

They would come and sing a different tune. Some dey form busy while some dey form say dem never see this thread.

The same people that would blame the foreign media and foreign government for saying Nano silver is not for Ebola disease would be the first to jump for Joy when the same media reports bad news about Nigeria.

Witches and Wizards. Enemies of Nigeria, E nor go better for una oooo....

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
People posting negative stuff about the NA and the war effort are only singing along with the BH mass choir. We shall overcome. Surely you all will swallow your words in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by san316(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is an acceptable explanatn. It is swallowable at this level. And as a matter of fact, if the soldiers actually escaped from battle, you wont see all of them in one location. They'll disperse to different places. They should quickly #BringBackOurSoldiers

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria
Another TAN ambassador commententing.
Maybe you didnt read the first report which the camerounian authorities claimed the Nigerian troops sort refuge in cameroun.
As for Dhq telling us its a tactical manuever. Is Nigeria not big enough again for them to manuever or watever name they call outright desertion that they have to enter camerounian territory.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
After watching this video do you now believe that Nigeria is in deep shyt?

See our soldiers running to the hills like pussi.es cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dg4fna60eA

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by PointB: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
I said it.

I have argued in this same line. BBC was wrong, initially to call it a 'defection', and even wrong to call it 'fleeing'. Soldiers don't desert wearing uniforms and carrying arms.

'Retreat' is a basic military tactical maneuver. When few soldier are confronted with a numerically larger force in indefensible position without ready reinforcement, the options are limited - it's fight to the death or retreat to fight another day. Flight could be termed 'fleeing' if it is spontaneous and disorderly (usually involving dumping of weapons, uniforms);it is called deserting. But when soldiers, fight as they pull back, still holding on to their weapons, uniforms, etc, it's a 'retreat.' And there is nothing to be ashamed of in retreat, especially if you live to fight another day!

To fight to the death when there is alternative is a waste of manpower and equipments, unless the soldiers are commanded to defend a position at all cost!

10 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Me, i know the NA can handle this problem. The thing is the president cant order them to go all out for these terrorists because that would be another civil war in the making. Its easier for the NA to just go in shell, strafe, they are good at that. They just need to get their tactics right. They will win
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ZACHIE: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is what has become of Nigerian Army,
The lies at the Rock are rocking the Army bigtime!
Shame on decency.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by segend(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: this cannot be disputed but it will be "few" but powerful. You know our Journalists are unprofessional lazy bunch that report based on "an unamed source" "annonymous source" " gathered exclusively-without saying how" "an insider" etc. It will be easier for two or three journalists who are on BH payroll to take advantage of things and influence the reportage of other media houses.

getting information from unnamed source is a common thing in journalism, even CNN and BBC reports such news, but the issue with that is that you don't know when the journalist is lying and reporting what he likes and when there is really a source who does not want to reveal his identity.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Reptyle(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
"Tactical manouevre" AKA retreating from the enemy....afterall, he who runs away lives to fight another day.

We believe you Defence Headquarters. Only next time, tell the boys not to retreat into another man's land.

I saw those Camerounian special ops guys in a video on the internet...and they weren't smiling.

What if they had mistaken our boys for a fleeing pack of terrorists and opened fire on them? That sure would have sparked an international incident.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn: There is a current co-operation and joint multi national forces agreement with Chad , Niger and Cameroon that was instituted through Holland in Paris a few moths ago.

Part of that process has seen cross border patrols and joint operations, it would be expected that there would be occasional but regular cross border incursions into each other's territories in pursuit of Boko Haram insurgents. There would be no requirement therefore for a surrender of weapons from such incursions which are co-operative and not hostile.

I am baffled beyond reason as the explanations presented by the NA just do not stand up to rational appraisal, I'm sorry but I find these propositions of events to be questionable, particularly a we have known the NA to tell blatant lies and then when caught retract their earlier statements.

Lets see as the real truth unfolds

Don't mind the gullible stark illiterates, and plonker who made the statement.

If it were a tactical maneuver into the territory of a country Nigeria has co-operation and joint multi national forces agreement with, then they would've been asked to return back to the Nigerian territory with all their weapons intact on them, or ask the Cameroonians to join them in the onslaught. However, the fact that they were disarmed shows they deserted, and surrendered their weapons for safety and protection.

And let's say it's a whatever this guy said is the truth. Then that means that little Cameroon captured/arrested a battalion of Nigerian soldiers - since they were all taken to a school and locked up there, pending when they can get the Nigerian defence headquarters to come get them. Evidently, whoever made this statement just nuked the credibility of Nigerian army - this is far worse than desertion due superior weapons and being outnumbered.

These guys are just dumb. Yet people wonder why BH keep running circles around their squares.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by whitecat007: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
You just spoke my mind. Can you imagine US soldiers in Mexico? Cartels have been running show for decades along US/Mexican border but, they know hell will freeze before they allow it to spill into the US territory even when they know that the US military can't cross over.

Our soldiers have broken international law for crossing into Cameroon. I don't care if they are chasing the devil, they shouldn't have crossed the border.

doctokwus: So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Some people here just open their mouth to yarn trash and encourage the terrorists. If you know it is easy to carry weapon and face the insurgence, why not go and join the millitary. We should be supporting the Nigerian Army and Nigeria as a whole and not washing our dirty linen out here. For Goodness sake, these soldiers have families. Every responsible citizen will support its govt no matter what and insane citizens will encourage the terrorists with stinking rants from foul smelling mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
I don't trust the reports of the Soldiers, I believe they ran into Cameroon out of fear! Bloody cowards get out there and fight nobody forced you to be a Soldier.
SEE HOW I MAKE 50K WEEKLY DOING BUSINESS ON HE THE INTERNET http://www.enaijajobs.com/index/anthonia1.html
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Abbott(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
A proper response to this situation would have been a visit by a top brass of the military, ceremonially dressed, with entourage, in at least 7 MiG-29s, armed for decoration purposes.

The issue would have been resolved without all the noise Cameroun is making.

Nonsense.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by QuiverBox(f): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
doctokwus: So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.

You are obviously ignorant of the military.

The Primary job of the military is to protect the Sovereignty of a nation within the Borders. Nigerian Army where not within Nigerian Border, they were in Cameroon with full compliment of Combat gear. Without Surrendering themselves to Cameroon authority , that will be term as an Art of War, as there is no formal communication before their entry.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by MARKone(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Utter Crap!

How can 480 Nigerian soldiers, do a "tactical withdrawal" 480 soldiers?! DHQ did not even counter nor deny the number of soldiers that did this so called tactical withdrawal.

Tactical withdrawal into Cameroon grin

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Mariopgomery(m): 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
If the nigerian army are as spineless as most of u say, dont u think boko haram would have overrun the country by now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Youths Set Ablaze Senator, Reps Residences Over Unfulfilled Campaign Promises / Sanwo-Olu Reverses Another Ambode Policy, Returns KAI / Throwback Picture Of Tinubu With Onyeka Onwenu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.