Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39098 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
emmatok:

If you watch from 26min of the video.
Those guys actually matched and took-over that military base. Thats a classic war movie.

Waiting for the Army to dismiss the video with their usual lies.

That's war...and war isn't a joke.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by splashbaby(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
deji68: So the about 400 Ukrainian soldiers that mistakenly crossed into Russian in august cannot read their map abi it can happen to any army in the world, that is why there are rules of engagement for it ...I dont think disparaging our millitary will do us any good cool cool Let support army

http://nypost.com/2014/08/04/400-ukrainian-soldiers-desert-kiev-cross-into-russia/

My brother! You can beleive anything
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Interesting, but could do without the Islamic psychobabble denigrating Christ and Christians. sigh....Is there anyone left on earth not brainwashed entirely by these two religions?

That's naij for you - Christian and Muslim divide and their innate hatred for each other.

However, you just need to overlook that and read the message.

Apparently, the guy said he used to work for Nigerian intelligence agency and he's legit, based on where I first saw the link on another sitrep website for things going on around the world. It's an investigative journalism website and they always vet their contributors.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by omololu2020(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:

So any videos you see soldiers running ultimately means it's the present battle between boko haram and the NA.

Funny enough if they are really winning as they want dumbasses like you to believe, they won't be desperate enough to start posting videos of their 'supposed winning' on the internet. By now, they'd have simply hoisted there flag in aso rock, and we'll now be know as BH Republic.

ODE!!!
u jst dey typ trash,boko haram r in charge of gwoza,d liegerian armies fled for dia life as usual,let Defence headquarter counter d claim by showin us troops on d street of gwoza or dey should invite journalist to gwoza if z under d control of d liegerian army

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kulgee001(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: What our military says makes more sense than the idea that more than 400 Nigerian soldiers fled to Cameroon. Although if true, i think that Nigeria is being too honoring of international conventions if they hand their weapons to Cameroon.

Question would be, what happened to the terrorists that they were pursuing into Cameroon ?

The soldiers were the ones being pursued abi you no understand the 'tactical manoeuvre'? Lool

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
darqly:

Oga wake up from the daze you're currently in. What is the primary weapon of the regular Nigerian soldier? A rusted AK with extra magazine(optional).
Secondly, which SARS have you seen armed to the teeth? Or is it the rubber elbow and knee pads you saw that impressed you?
Lastly, what special forces ? The 600 Commandos that DHQ threatened to unleash over 3 weeks ago that we still haven't seen in the theatre of operations?
Forget about BH propaganda, the more damaging stories are the ones being spun by DHQ and the govt, whilst REAL lives are being lost and ground being gained by the enemy.

my guy the Ak47 is the primary weapon of most developed countries army, secondly, i know munition when i see it, i was not talking knee pads, and bokoharam is using the media effectively, we shouldn't be falling for what they are pushing to us. Because they show you videos with some few rolls of 50 calibre bullets, dey don get weapons pass NA? na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kulgee001(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
"The Nigerian troops that were found in Cameroun was as a result of a sustained battle between the troops and the terrorists around the borders with Cameroun which saw the Nigerian troops charging through the borders in a tactical maneuver." Loool.

In other words Nigerian troops running into Cameroun. SMH for my country

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think u should read it properly here is an excerpt "The Russian official said the soldiers deserted the Kiev government and the Russian side opened a safe corridor, while a Ukrainian military official said the soldiers, without giving a number, were forced into Russian territory by rebel fire after running out of ammunition."

If u know the history of the conflict, u wont expect russian to say that they were not deserters....beating a tactical retreat is not desertation. by way the my bone of contention is that crossing into Cameroun has nothing to do with their map reading ability..chikanah

SirShymex:

Did you read the link you posted?

And did they "mistakenly crossed" into Russian, or deserted like the naija army did?

Anyway, those Ukrainian soldiers asked for asylum in Russia and they're still there.

And more have done the same after that happened.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kulgee001(m): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
untainted: This is a believable explanation.
I have no reason to doubt it in the absence of further conflicting revelations.

What do you understand by the statement "Nigerian troops charging through the borders in a tactical maneuver"?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
cadaverMortis:

Its very possible that these guys are better armed than boko, i have family in the military and their combat weapon is AK47s, the boko boys have been captured firing RPGs dont forget that the funding of these guys have been speculated to be anywhere for weathy nigerians and the mid. east and gulf states....just like ISIS, these guys get weapons directly to the fighter while the Nigerian soldier passes thru beaureacracy, corrupted military chiefs, budget etc before anything is done

Ak47 is the primary weapon, and RPGs plenty like water for NA armoury. The NA need better communication gadgets, listening devices, etc etc, for more surgical operations so they don't spark a civil war. If its fire power ur talking, bokoharam would not be able to match the NA if the order is to flatten them out, but no one can give that sort of order cos it will come with lots of civilian casualties, and spark outrage.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by easystudy101: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
My brother even if is a lie ..It was well crafted....i will rather believe the Army than the BH....The civilian JTF ,Army and God are the one standing between BH and our freedom...I salute them for their bravery....we might lose some battles but we will surely win the war.... grin grin
splashbaby: My brother! You can beleive anything

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
lolzzz...this is ridiculous.......tactical maneuver(or howeva its spelt) ke? technical ability ni? Morons
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by hansad: 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Estimate: about 90% of Nigerians who blame President Jonathan for non military defeat of B/Haram are those who do not bother or are praying for present Nigeria to be turned into Islamic Sharia Repubic of Nigeria. Others are ignoramuses who do not even understand how military force works in conflict situations.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ElPhenomenal(m): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
Soldiers were running like hell in the new bH video
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
deji68: I think u should read it properly here is an excerpt "The Russian official said the soldiers deserted the Kiev government and the Russian side opened a safe corridor, while a Ukrainian military official said the soldiers, without giving a number, were forced into Russian territory by rebel fire after running out of ammunition."

If u know the history of the conflict, u wont expect russian to say that they were not deserters....beating a tactical retreat is not desertation. by the my bone of contention is that crossing into Cameroun has nothing to do with their map reading ability..chikanah

Read the link you posted again, and this time, read it carefully while paying attention to detail. And do you even know what "desert" is?

1). Russian isn't a friendly country with the Kiev regime, and there's absolutely no way those guys would've been "forced" into Russian territory, without them expecting the Russian to shoot at sight and kill them off, especially when the Russians were having military drills there during that period. So, they would've alerted the Russians before taking whatever actions they took.

2). A battalion is enough to fight through enemy fire, to find a way to reconnect with soldiers, without necessarily crossing over to a hostile country and surrendering there. Especially when the Ukrainian rebels they're fighting aren't that many as well.

3). Why did they all seek asylum in Russia and not return back to Ukraine?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by arresa: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2014

Cameroonian Special Forces during training.

Looks like these Cameroonian guys are well equipped enough and ready to fight BH while Nigerian troops are poorly equipped, not well fed and badly demoralized to do anything...
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ElPhenomenal(m): 12:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Well I won't blame the soldiers on this,we are supose to move with the world not stay in the 60s,look at the military hardware now,pure rubbish,do we even have combat choppers,we need a military leader pls
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by admiral007: 12:04am On Aug 26, 2014
Dis we country is full with COMEDIANS. U can imagine!
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Litmus: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2014
With all these lies, left, right and center, how can we be even sure that that military bases supposedly being overrun by the terrorists is a Nigeria army base ?

as for the Cameroon soldiers posing pics, above, where's their vice presidents wife?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by arresa: 12:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Litmus: With all these lies, left, right and center, how can we be even sure that that military bases supposedly being overrun by the terrorists is a Nigeria army base ?

as for the Cameroon soldiers posing pics, above, where's their vice presidents wife?

Please don't use the word we because we are all not dummies like many of you...

And about your question, she was rescued by their special forces and you should know this by now, but people like you say embarrassing things simply because you don't know anything, you don't read, you don't exercise your brains and you don't follow current affairs, but you still want to get on the internet and talk about what you know nothing about..

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by donttouch: 1:00am On Aug 26, 2014
NIGERIAN soldiers defect to CAMEROON? For what kwanu?
Abeg these journalists and their allies should stop insulting my country.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Chaiiiii. These people can lie o. NO SHAME.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Read that statement out loud and hear how stúpid it sounds. Embarrassment.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by liongirl: 2:05am On Aug 26, 2014
Ride on gallant men of honour and dont mind the terrorist that are in nairaland
naptu2: From Defence Headquarters twitter feed and blog (also reported on BBC Focus On Africa).

DEFENCE HQ NIGERIA
@ DefenceInfoNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/DefenceInfoNG/status/503948152526110722

http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/big-story-the-nigerian-soldiers-found-in-cameroun/

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by mfm04622: 3:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Why is it that when we hear or anything, we don't subject it to critical thoughts before making up our minds? When Cameroonian authorities caught up with The Nigerian soldiers, what were they told? Did our soldiers tell Cameroonian they pursued Boko Haram to Cameroon? Or want to defect to Cameroon? Because Cameroonian military came out to say our soldiers defected. What will Cameroon gain from lying about this? What will International news agencies gain from reporting our soldiers "defected" to Cameroon. If it is a case of pursuing Boko Haram, am sure Cameroonian Army would have assisted our soldiers in that situation, not arrest and disarm them. In fact, a joint military operations against Boko Haram (according to news) started less than 24 hours later. Think about the situation before rushing to believe the cover up story.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by darqly(m): 3:52am On Aug 26, 2014
groovie:

secondly, i know munition when i see it, i was not talking knee pads, and bokoharam is using the media effectively, we shouldn't be falling for what they are pushing to us. Because they show you videos with some few rolls of 50 calibre bullets, dey don get weapons pass NA? na wa o.

And I still counter- what munitions did you see that left you so impressed?
I refuse to believe bokoharam has a more robust media presence than the Nigerian army albeit they use the media far more effectively.
Lastly, forget those 'few rolls' you mentioned. Unless we're watching different videos, the suppressing gunfire that BH unleashes against our positions ought to have exhausted whatever limited supply you assert they have. The army post BH attacked in garkida was totally decimated and had at least 4 pickup trucks, some fitted with GPMGs, blown up. Why don't you digest that for a bit and tell me what BH has that Nigerian army obviously lacks.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kobonaire(m): 4:49am On Aug 26, 2014
reading some of the overly optimistic and blindly patriotic posts in this thread, this is what comes to mind ....

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kobonaire(m): 4:54am On Aug 26, 2014
arresa: Cameroonian Special Forces during training.
Looks like these Cameroonian guys are well equipped enough and ready to fight BH while Nigerian troops are poorly equipped, not well fed and badly demoralized to do anything...
Nice pics ..... our army should be equally if not better equipped/trained. Instead their spouses are forced to go and demonstrate asking for better support.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by naptu2: 5:25am On Aug 26, 2014
BBC Africa @BBCAfrica

Nigerian government denies its troops defected to Cameroon rather "it was a tactical manoeuvre." More on #BBCNewsday bbc.in/1q0cqFX

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/504111007921623040?p=v

BBC Africa @BBCAfrica

Boko Haram in Nigeria: "If the military are running away who am I not to be scared?" local on #BBCNewsday bbc.in/1paY1rf
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/504097655723950080?p=v
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by rexzqcom(m): 6:01am On Aug 26, 2014
'He that fight, and run away. Live to fight another day". Who want to be a sacrificial lamb? The effectiveness of these guys in international theaters are due to superior weapons and other gadgets they are issued by UN (donated by America and other nations). The president Germany visit isn't just a state visit sabbatical. Suspect is a quest for better armament for our soldiers. These things don't come cheap, you have to pay to play. Going hat in hand for charity consideration won't cut it. Nigeria have to dig deeper. Combination of billions of dollars earmark for our law-makers for worthless "security vote", their outrageous salaries and compensations can buy great weapon from any where in the world open arm-market. You can't plan to win any war on the cheap. We have to commit all resources to fight war. Every other thing should be secondary in time of war. Otherwise, your miser and stingy distractions now will be the spoil of war for your enemy.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Phame: 6:07am On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi: pls let them know ,#ignorance# i just couldn't just stop laughing while i read people comment on the other thread.
i blame our copy and paste journalist sha
u ar jst too slow to detect a lie. NA that allowed bh to attack and retreat to cameroon, and made no attempt to follow them down is now saying d officers crossed border in d course of fighting and u believe them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

E-Money, Obi Cubana & Kanayo O Kanayo Dance At An Event (Video) / Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.