Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,900 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other (41109 Views)

11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / I Am In Love With A Married Man / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by onstelly(f): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Truckpusher: Op is dreaming about the puccies he has missed due to his recklessness grin

My Dad once said to me '' Do not use your wife as a girl friend''....in pidgin English No carry your wife do girl friend cheesy
Lol my elder brother always say God please I don't wanna date my wife and end up getting to my wife
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Orikinla(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2014
MizMyColi:
I think the reason is due to a psycho-morphological attachment that's been built over time.
It is stronger if frequent sex was involved.

That said OP, I read your post twice but failed to get the ultimate goal for creating this thread, please enlighten me?

[size=18pt]I think the reason is due to a psycho-morphological attachment that's been built over time.
It is stronger if frequent sex was involved. [/size]
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Orikinla(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2014
faithboi: opps.....please guys,my ex still calls me,she's married now for about a year,and when ever she wants to drop the call,she'll say she just wanted to laugh and be happy......should I stop dis,& how if I shuld
She is bored of her husband.
Pray for her, otherwise she will be sleeping with her husband and seeing you making love to her.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by MizMyColi(f): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Orikinla:
[size=3pt]I think the reason is due to a psycho-morphological attachment that's been built over time.
It is stronger if frequent sex was involved. [/size]

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Tallesty1(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

lols, copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Mikocake(m): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2014
Burntcoal: Dis is very true. when I was in schl I dated Dis guy for almost 3yrs n before den we we started dating we av been good friends. we went tru so many good tyms 2geda dat I can barely remember d bad ones. after d break up which was on something trivial we still remained friends.

right nw am engaged n I can say I still enjoyed it with him dan d present guy cos it was fun with him, weneva we see we reminiscence abt d old Gud days which brings more laughter n colour to my face.

I can't even bring myself to call him my ex bt I tank God for d friend I have in him.
eee..like what tha hell??
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by ideology(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Truckpusher: My dear there is no made in heaven marriage in this life.

The best you can do is to give yourself selflessly and expect complimented in either by love and good understanding in return and nothing more, but my best advice still remains that peeps shouldn't just marry because everyone is getting married or for some flimsy excuses.

The best marriages I've seen so far was built on tolerance.

Should I talk, Mzmycoli
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by PastorOluT(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Orikinla: There are more ex lovers who are still very much in love with themselves than those who are not.
Two of my ex girlfriends are in this situation, because they said they married their husbands, because I was not ready when they were ready. And until I got hitched, one of them was still very much in love with me and visited me every week, holding hands as we walked on the street in a public display of love that she never did with her husband. In fact, people saw us more together in public than her husband. And I have seen similar cases, even girlfriends who are still sleeping with their ex-boyfriends.

I have seen a married woman snapping at her husband, but melts whenever she sees her ex-boyfriend.
And many guys still want to date their ex-girlfriends, even the married ones.

When your wife talks about her ex with glints in her eyes and her cheeks glow in cheerfulness, then that is a clear sign that she is still in love with him.

My policy is never to call any married ex-girlfriends.
One of them suddenly visited after a year and we really missed each other.
But when another married ex girlfriend came to see me with her husband, he was feeling uncomfortable and intimidated.
Most husbands don't like seeing the ex-boyfriends of their wives, especially the ones they dated for years.
Having a wife who adores you does not stop you from missing an ex-girlfriend you love.
Even marrying a virgin, does not make her more beloved to you than an ex-girlfriend you love.

Hmm, u seem to have so many ex-girlfriends, that exactly is the problem with many. This is the reason abstinence is the answer, many guys n ladies have had several mates before eventually settling down. The problem with this is that there would always be problems with ur current spouse 'cos u can never rule out comparisons, probably ow good ur spouse is in bed, how caring etc.

Thank God, He had seen this ahead and told us exactly how to treat relationships, but nah, man has got many schemes under his sleeves.

1 Like

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by MAYOWAAK: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2014
All hell was let loose when he discovered that the money she (his wife) claimed was a loan from a bank was actually a ‘goodwill gesture’ from her ex-boyfriend.

This brings me to the place of ‘ex’ in our lives-especially when one is supposedly having a new life with someone else. Some people claim they are still best of friends with a certain ‘ex’ and that explains why some men would rather go to an ‘ex’ girlfriend for advice and even confiding (what they would never dream of sharing with their ‘better half’) in such ‘ex.’ There are also women who run to their ‘ex’ at the drop of a hat for assistance or when they need to talk to someone. The argument is that such ’ex’ understands them better than any other person and has therefore remained an important fixture in their lives, making me ask, is anybody really comfortable with a spouse’s ‘ex’ in the picture-deep down? Whatever happens to those we call friends-if one needs to ‘talk to somebody’ has to suddenly revolve around an ‘ex’? Isn’t it easier for the ‘ex’ (with whom the centre could not hold) to ‘understand’ because he/she isn’t in your spouse’s shoes?

I am not even going to look at this issue from the angle of ‘Okafor’s law’ but what I do know is this…if at any stage in your supposed marital life, you still find yourself running to an ‘ex’ when you need to talk to somebody, something is fundamentally wrong in that marriage! No ‘ex’ should be closer than your spouse to you. The moment you chose to move on with your ‘new life,’ every ‘ex’ should cease to play an important role in your life because these are the people that belong to your past. Again, if your ‘ex’ was that wonderful, why did you not end up (in matrimony) with him/her?

I think we should watch our penchant for wanting to eat our cake and have it. If a certain ‘ex’ has to be elevated in your life, above your ‘better half,’ there is an urgent need to renegotiate the basis of that union. It’s ‘ok’ to relate with an ‘ex’ as cordially as you can but lines should be drawn in how you carry on with such ‘closeness’ simply because you have someone else in your life (now), who should naturally be closer to you than any and every ‘ex’ put together. Don’t insult your partner’s sensibilities through careless conducts.

If you must relate with an ‘ex,’ please carry your spouse along. Show some dignity. Let me say this again, if at any point in your marital life, you suddenly find yourself running to an ‘ex’ whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, I put it to you that something is wrong with the setting you call a marriage. Your partner (first and foremost), friends or family should be those you run to at such ‘periods.’ An ‘ex’ should not even be in the equation because you both have supposedly moved on.

Your partner should make you forget most things about any ‘ex.’ I mean whatever wonderful attributes such ‘ex’ possesses should pale into insignificance compared to what you are currently enjoying. If this is not what obtains with your reality, it won’t be out of order to question your judgement.

The moment you have chosen to bring someone else into your life, please spare them the episode of your ‘ex’ except you are regretting the ‘setting’ that you ended up with!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Vikthor(m): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Emmycheeze: I dnt have to comment undecided

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by salvatore007(m): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2014
Ma ex broke up wiv me cause ha pastor warned ha against me.... just imagine undecided undecided Pastor av neva met angry

We stil luv ourselves nd she gets jealous each tym she sees me wiv anoda gal....

Av not gottn in a ceriouz relationship eva since..

Hopping 2find luv on NL sha
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Orikinla(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2014
adorable29:

You speak with wisdom. People desire what they can't have....

In any case, a wise married man/woman will know better than to complicate his life by communicating with an ex he still has feelings for. Be smart and proactive enough to ask yourself "WHAT IS THE POINT?"

The key is "moving on". Forward and not backwards.
Good advice for all married lovers who are only truly faithful.
But when you end up with a fraudulent marriage based on lies, what do you do?
Or have you not seen many people who had to lie to lure others into marriage?

I have seen a man who lied to his buddy's girlfriend that the obedient Christian buddy was impotent, but using abstinence as an excuse. She believed the lie and ended up sleeping with the wicked liar. But she later found out the truth and by then her boyfriend had moved on with another woman. She was heart broken. The man who lied that his buddy was impotent was the one that was not able to impregnate his wife for 14 years and abandoned her in Nigeria and relocated overseas.

Another young woman at the St. Dominic's Church in Yaba, Lagos, is still single at almost 40, because a Nigerian guy in America lied to her and she left her boyfriend for him, only to find out later that the Nigerian Americana only lied to snatch her from her boyfriend, but he was in fact already married. She could not marry him, but had lost the man who would been the love of her life. Even if she marries today, she will only marry to console herself.

A 19 year old girl confessed to me that she married to get her impoverished family out of abject poverty and the marriage did, because her husband took her poor parents out of the slums. But she is still in love with her boyfriend in the ghetto. I am not sure that she will be faithful to her husband who is not tall and handsome like her boyfriend she still adores.
[size=18pt]
Now you know why surveys have reported that Nigerian wives are among the most unfaithful in the world.
Because. most of them did not marry the guys they love.[/size]

So, in most cases, wrong choices have caused terrible consequences in different circumstances of life.

2 Likes

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by andyanders: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2014
QuiverBox:

Keep feeling like a Superstar, don't forget your Wife will also be someone's Ex.

Karma is a Bit**ch!

Op is sick and I know one day, even dogs will be sleeping with his wife as that law of Carma must catch up with him.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2014

shocked
Oh, Please do.
ideology:

Should I talk, Mzmycoli

1 Like

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by mystical112(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes, especially when u share a great deal of intimacy but hanging out with ur ex when she is Married displaying affection is a no, no 4me.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Yemlizzy(f): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Being married ought to reduce or if possible break all ties with an ex to avoid stories that touch.

3 Likes

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by MizMyColi(f): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
MAYOWAAK: :
Phew!!
It's been about 18 hours since I last read a long and sensible post.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by SleekyPosh(m): 10:16am On Aug 29, 2014
cheesy
avuekwe:

another example is when you date ur university boyfriend and u guys go through thick and thin for years after graduation . When he becomes comfortable, he sees a small chick and leaves u for her abandoning you when you guys are at the finishing line. For me, it's better to remain single cos u can't forget all the years of happy memories in a twinkle of an eye. U may never find happiness with another so to spare an innocent bobo misery when he comes into ur life later, just kuku stay on your own jeje. This love matter aint easy at all. I never prayed for this, but it happened.

Best Comment so far..Cmes after the Okafor's Law tho. wink
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by vitality22(m): 10:26am On Aug 29, 2014
Orikinla: There are more ex lovers who are still very much in love with themselves than those who are not.
Two of my ex girlfriends are in this situation, because they said they married their husbands, because I was not ready when they were ready. And until I got hitched, one of them was still very much in love with me and visited me every week, holding hands as we walked on the street in a public display of love that she never did with her husband. In fact, people saw us more together in public than her husband. And I have seen similar cases, even girlfriends who are still sleeping with their ex-boyfriends.

I have seen a married woman snapping at her husband, but melts whenever she sees her ex-boyfriend.

When your wife talks about her ex with glints in her eyes and her cheeks glow in cheerfulness, then that is a clear sign that she is still in love with him.

But when another married ex girlfriend came to see me with her husband, he was feeling uncomfortable and intimidated.
Most husbands don't like seeing the ex-boyfriends of their wives, especially the ones they dated for years.
Having a wife who adores you does not stop you from missing an ex-girlfriend you love.
Even marrying a virgin, does not make her more beloved to you than an ex-girlfriend you love.
bros, if you need more pus.sies, there are so many single girls out there. You can continue to tidy them one after the other but leave married women alone wether your ex or not. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Strongbest(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2014
Tallesty1: Every person you date goes with a part of you and it can never be retrieved or recovered. The more you date the less you have to give to your wife/husband when you settle. God wasn't stupid when he said that we must wait for that only one person he has for each and every of us.

Every time I read comments like yours, I feel happy knowing that there are still people with good reasoning.

I mean, what's the point dating,sleeping with someone you won't spend the rest of your life with? Waiting till you both are married is actually a thing for smart people I beg.

Reasons for such bond with so call ex is mostly if not always because of sex.

Bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by SleekyPosh(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2014
Orikinla:
Good advice for all married lovers who are only truly faithful.
But when you end up with a fraudulent marriage based on lies, what do you do?
Or have you not seen many people who had to lie to lure others into marriage?

I have seen a man who lied to his buddy's girlfriend that the obedient Christian buddy was impotent, but using abstinence as an excuse. She believed the lie and ended up sleeping with the wicked liar. But she later found out the truth and by then her boyfriend had moved on with another woman. She was heart broken. The man who lied that his buddy was impotent was the one that was not able to impregnate his wife for 14 years and abandoned her in Nigeria and relocated overseas.

Another young woman at the St. Dominic's Church in Yaba, Lagos, is still single at almost 40, because a Nigerian guy in America lied to her and she left her boyfriend for him, only to find out later that the Nigerian Americana only lied to snatch her from her boyfriend, but he was in fact already married. She could not marry him, but had lost the man who would been the love of her life. Even if she marries today, she will only marry to console herself.

A 19 year old girl confessed to me that she married to get her impoverished family out of abject poverty and the marriage did, because her husband took her poor parents out of the slums. But she is still in love with her boyfriend in the ghetto. I am not sure that she will be faithful to her husband who is not tall and handsome like her boyfriend she still adores.
[size=18pt]
Now you know why surveys have reported that Nigerian wives are among the most unfaithful in the world.
Because. most of them did not marry the guys they love.[/size]

So, in most cases, wrong choices have caused terrible consequences in different circumstances of life.

k.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Otamayomi1(f): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2014
Well said.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by anitank(f): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Burntcoal: Dis is very true. when I was in schl I dated Dis guy for almost 3yrs n before den we we started dating we av been good friends. we went tru so many good tyms 2geda dat I can barely remember d bad ones. after d break up which was on something trivial we still remained friends.

right nw am engaged n I can say I still enjoyed it with him dan d present guy cos it was fun with him, weneva we see we reminiscence abt d old Gud days which brings more laughter n colour to my face.

I can't even bring myself to call him my ex bt I tank God for d friend I have in him.
Odimma!
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Edusouls(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2014
this guy is a shameless man, he cheats with impunity, he is a man that do-sent control himself, he have dated fellow shameless women two of the not even one, these fliirts love him, one of the brainless slot holds hands and play love with this useless guy on the street,a married woman for that matter, and the worst thing is that the shameless fool, with impunity and boldness came here and posted this thing freely, birds of the same feather flock together, this is one curse yoruba people have, careless infedlity, but just know that you and your two ex shameless girlfriends are just the grand shame of the society, when you marry your wives ex will be holding hands with her while walking on the road, and you will so happy with that, sooorry shameless orinila..

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Toks2008(m): 10:36am On Aug 29, 2014
My case is a very funny one.

My ex claims she still has feelings for me yet she walked away asking me to give her time. A case of wanting to have her cake and eat it and i consider her confused and totally disillusioned.

I honestly understand her stand view though been totally inexperienced as i happen to be her very first man so she will naturally believe there is something better out there and this is why i still feel something for her but i attribute this to the fact that i have not seen another lady to move on with.

So Yes lets face it, until we see a good option to move on with,we will always still feel something(may not be love) for our ex.

2 Likes

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 29, 2014
urhoboman: So u were holding hand with a married woman and displaying love in public? SMH.
You are actually involved in breaking homes and should stop holding hands and walking with your ex in public. END THE RELATIONSHIP NOW or someone else may do it to you. HOW WILL YOU FEEL
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Edusouls(m): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2014
this orikinla is a guy trying to justify his dirty live with her two slot ex girlfriend, he cheats with them while they are married, all these things he is talking here is rubbish, he is a man without honour and self control, with her fellow ex girlfriends without values and so loose,these birds of the same feather lead the same lifestyle, be careful who you marry ooo...

1 Like

Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by boleswagg: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2014
An ex is supposed to be a lost memory card, for you guys not to madeup til she found another guy and married him...well its the girl i plenty she should remember her husband also had an ex and guys pay back if he got to found out are always unbearable.she even had the gut to hold hands in pulic SMH.
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Strongbest(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2014

Hmmmm
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by kl2020: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2014
people saw us more together in public than her husband...u r joking wit ur life
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by zubby29(m): 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
even d bd mesgs can evok alot of feelings nd memories
MizTyna: Not me,once we break up it is goodbye except the once in a year birthday msgs. What I tell people is once u break up, stop all communication for a while,until u both feel u have moved on. Sneaking around with an ex is just tacky
Re: When You And Your Ex Are Still In Love With Each Other by Debiks: 11:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Yeah it happens especially when no fight separated them......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mention One Habit You Can't Tolerate In Your Relationship / Nigerian Lady Exposes Married Man Pestering Her For Sex And Relationship / I Love My Girlfriend But Another Lady Is Four Months Pregnant With My Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.