Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Who Is A Guy With Potential? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Guy With Potential? (33346 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
ok

bukatyne:

Ever heard opporrunities work for those who are prepared abi luck favours the prepared.

He must have started preparing himself towards his future and Hilary's connection just clicked to make oit easier.

P.S.: Did Bill practice hypergamy? shocked

What a woman! grin
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
pickabeau1: ok
me i believe in natures being complimentary

You call him slow; someone else calls him methodical
He may be content with his job or he loves the job or the colleagues

Refer to Maslow's hierarchy where people are satisfied with esteem and self awareness rather than basic needs of food and security

Pick, the guy here had no job, and he was waiting for his girlfriend to send him links before he could apply. Seriously?

Not sure which method he is using o.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nashville:

Pick, the guy here had no job, and he was waiting for his girlfriend to send him links before he could apply. Seriously?

Not sure which method he is using o.

Are u sure u got her....i thought I read he had a job but she wanted him to get another job
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by rebella(f): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
@onegig, yes I can in reply to your question. That's what the potential is basically all about. You are taking a gamble that the qualities/potential you saw will eventually manifest.
@ nashville, they are broken up. My cuz is really ambitious , what she needs is someone that is equally as ambitious.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by winner01(m): 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
flyca: OP, Personal Experience.

Sometime ago, I started "seeing" one of my sister's old time classmate, an Architect from a Federal University, graduated with a good result and have a Master's degree, and with two year experience too. These were the sketchy details I knew about him before we started dating. So yes!, he has potentials.

Ok. Two months into the r/ship, I noticed this guy was broke, broke with the necessities of basic living. I started becoming worried. I lived in a city two hours from his, but he couldn't afford t-fare (not time) once in a week or two to come and see me. Calls nko?, na me dey call most times. Ok o. I was still on it.

Once, I went to his office see him, by the time I set out by 5pm back to my city, I drank a bottle of coke. Even the taxi fare to the park, he didn't give me. Hmmmmm. No need to say, I was "down". Another day, I went back to his residence to visit him on a Sunday o, I nearly fainted at what I saw. His room in the family house even had a leaky roof shocked

The one that broke the Carmel's back, was the day he asked me to transfer some call credit to his phone. At this time, I had completely lost grip!

So am I a gold-digger? Am I impatient? I'm I unrealistic or simply unreasonable? I leave the answers to you.

As much as having potentials is good, if its not translated into financial ability(lack of better adjectives), there is no need to bring out a lady from her father's house to starve her.
most Nigerian girls don't have your type of patience, you'll make a good wife.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by MizMyColi(f): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
crackhaus: gringringrin

Funny thread, see them ladies be chanting and explaining 'potential' when we all know the truth.

Make I siddon dey look first grin
Ask me na grin
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by winner01(m): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
ihedinobi2: Potential is not the same as guarantee, it's merely resident possibility. And just about every man has it.

However, to the crux of the matter: I believe strongly in finding your feet before looking for love. In fact, I do not believe in looking for love at all. I consider love as something that happens in the course of life. I personally prefer to have an understanding what I want in my woman and just carry on with life until I see it. And when I see it, I go after it like the devil is at my heels, doesn't matter what I'm doing right then.

A man who is steadily building his life will likely meet women he would like to share the work with. My answer to that situation is this: if she stays knowing that this is hard work and she fights on anyway, she's earned every right in the book. If she goes, like the Book says, "if we have suffered with Him we shall also reign with Him", the converse is also true.

The thing that must be dealt with as the problem is not what might or can happen in the future (which is what all the talk of potential tends to be about) but what any given man has planned for himself and what he is doing about it. Some men have a goal that takes a hell of a lot of work to get to while others have one that doesn't take quite so much. Believe me, to become a professional (a doctor, engineer, lawyer etc) is a lot easier than to be, say, an entrepreneur. The former can become the latter and probably a bit more easily than it is for one to head directly into it. But the direct path is by far more tasking, more discouraging and more tortuous. So, if a woman wants to judge "potential", she should be looking at where the man is headed and how much it will cost to get there and decide whether she's up to it.

I have not taken into consideration the vagaries of life. Accidents do happen and the best-laid plans are ripped apart without regard to what career path or vision any given person runs with. These things cannot be helped. But what a man wants to accomplish with his life is wholly under his control. A man's choice of purpose and of means for achieving his purpose is his alone. A woman may rightly judge him by that. A woman may also judge a man by his refusal to be held down by ever-changing circumstances or by his resignation to the forces of life.

Again, I emphasize, a woman is right to judge a man's ability to lead her into the destiny she desires for herself. She can thus judge each suitor and decide the one that best suits her overall vision in life. But if a woman finds a man who has a clear, unconfused and sensible vision that he is pursuing and he is giving everything he's got to it and taking every help within reason that he can get and she is just afraid that it is delaying so much so that she abandons him, then she does not deserve to have any hardworking man commit to life with her at all. And any such man who loses her has lost nothing of value. But if she sticks and insists on working it out, pushing him even when he is exhausted and discouraged as life is often capable of rendering even the hardiest of men, she's a diamond and deserves every bit of investment that such a man can put into her.

About the man in the op, I have two things to say:

1. It does not speak very well of him that five years down the line into his thirties he is still stymied. I understand that life can oppose one so much that they lose the strength to keep fighting and sort of settle down into a lethargy waiting for some kind of handout or pick-me-up. And many times it is totally legitimate. Not everyone is born a self-starter, that is the way God made the world. We are not all the same. But a man who does his best with what he has is not a failure or an unsuccessful man. In this particular case, however, I could feel lethargy through the story, weariness where there should be defiance and self-reinvention. But I can only see through the OP's eyes so I can only limit the accuracy of my judgment to the accuracy of his sentiments.

2. A woman is a terrible asset to a man. In the Bible it is said that one will chase a thousand but two will chase ten thousand. The presence of a woman in a man's life can boost him in the most amazing ways. A man can take a lot of things and endure a lot of things as long as he can count on the woman he has chosen to trust with his life. Frequently, however, when that trust is betrayed, men can be totally wrecked. A man can lose all his strength and zeal to live when a woman loses her faith in him. It takes a man choosing to move on IN SPITE of her to get beyond stuff like that. So I consider that it is very possible that the departure of his lady love dealt a severe blow to his will to fight for his life and dreams.

To that I say that my brother should get a new fixation, something that he can make more important than his very life and fight for it.
bros, who are you...this post is about the most intelligent I've come across on Nairaland this year.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by crackhaus: 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi: Ask me na grin
Oya who is a guy with potential?...and if you lie I will know grin tongue
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
raumdeuter: The girl didnt see in him what she was looking for So she left. Human beings are selfish anyway so I wont blame anyone of them

He too should try and make it, then raise his own bar too very high so that any girl that doesnt have such potential would be dumped even after introduction.

Thank you my brother @bolded. That's the spirit of the game. I remember a guy whose girl dumped him so mercilessly around 2005 after they had concluded plans on marriage simply because the dude was broke and she went for the supposed financially stable guy hoping they are married already even before they kick-start the relationship. The supposed rich dude used and dumped her like a sachet of pure water. Four years along later, she was still very single with no committed relationship, the dude she dumped was now gotten a good pay job and was doing well. No one knows who told him to revenge her. He took himself to her and was still telling her how much he loves her and ready to still take her as his dear wife. Seeing the dude was doing well now, she urgently grabbed him and next was marriage plans. Honestly, most of these intrigues we watch on Nollywood movies happen live. Could you believe that on the fateful day of the traditional marriage, the supposed awaited husband was being finger-crossedly waited for till sunset and he never showed up even till today. What surprised all was why the dude had to spend so much money on something he wasnt serious about. Funny things really do happen sha.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by crackhaus: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
TV01:

disclaimer: I was not at all interested in what my wife earned when I met her. I noted her impecabble make-up and hair, watched her stride about in impossibly high chunky heels and a tight-fitting mermaid dress. Snap her fingers and run things - all the while nodding my head. Then she knelt down to pick something up, my jaw hit the ground and I said "da.y.um, I do believe I've met my bride". Potential ke? Everything had potented already grin!
gringrin
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by MizMyColi(f): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
crackhaus:
Oya who is a guy with potential?...and if you lie I will know grin tongue

Simply put, a guy with potential is one who sees himself, not for where he is now, but for where he can be.

He understands the tenets of envisioning, which entails:
Seeing, Believing, Becoming, Practicing and Manifesting.

In addition to the actions stated above, you'll know a guy with potential by the kind of words he spews.

Then there's a place of instinct. We're all innately instinctive/intinuitive individuals (to varying degrees).

In the light of the above, one can detect an empty vessel that needs to be filled up or a filled vessel waiting to explode! cheesy

I've merely scratched the surface on this matter though wink

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:
Simply put, a guy with potential is one who sees himself, not for where he is now, but for where he can be.

In addition to the actions stated above, you'll know a guy with potential by the kind of words he spews.

Then there's a place of instinct. We're all innately instinctive/intinuitive individuals (to varying degrees).

In the light of the above, one can detect an empty vessel that needs to be filled up or a filled vessel waiting to explode! cheesy

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by rebella(f): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by rebella(f): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Actually nashville, pickabeau is right, he has a job and earns around 100k, but as the first born, he has a ton of responsibilities. So that 100k leave him with almost no savings at the end of the month. She on the other hand earns 500k and is looking for either and increase in pay or a title rise/vertical promotion with the same pay.
Btw there are people that earn ridiculously high income and still do side businesses. They are the ones that even if they didn't have their jobs will still have potential for greatness..
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by winner01(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
Every one's got potential, what will you say of a lazy man who got lucky and good things came his way, or a very hard working man who has not made it,,,This is life, face it. The "Nigerian orientation" of young ladies will leave many of them in the hands of people who don't love them and will maltreat them and make them miserable till they grow old....Why do you think the rate of divorce in Nigeria is increasing?...True love is gradually fading in our environment and hence the reason for inappropriate standards set by ladies.. Our parents (those that are successfully in marriage) will be in the best position to really contribute to this matter. As a matter of fact, more than 50 percent of our parents grew into financial stability, and considering the fact that the Nigerian system is more competitive today, a man who struggles with life at the initial stage does not mean he will struggle for life, and that does not mean he should necessarily face rejection when he is ripe for marriage...

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
rebella:
Btw there are people that earn ridiculously high income and still do side businesses. They are the ones that even if they didn't have their jobs will still have potential for greatness..

Simple principle. The more you earn, the more you realise you lack, so you want more.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by crackhaus: 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
MizMyColi:

I particularly like the part about 'vessels'.

Pray tell, what kind of words are you referring to @emboldened?
Positive words? Affirmative words?

Edit:
Let's twist it up a little..yea?

Who is a woman with potential? cool
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
RedBenson:

Thank you my brother @bolded. That's the spirit of the game. I remember a guy whose girl dumped him so mercilessly around 2005 after they had concluded plans on marriage simply because the dude was broke and she went for the supposed financially stable guy hoping they are married already even before they kick-start the relationship. The supposed rich dude used and dumped her like a sachet of pure water. Four years along later, she was still very single with no committed relationship, the dude she dumped was now gotten a good pay job and was doing well. No one knows who told him to revenge her. He took himself to her and was still telling her how much he loves her and ready to still take her as his dear wife. Seeing the dude was doing well now, she urgently grabbed him and next was marriage plans. Honestly, most of these intrigues we watch on Nollywood movies happen live. Could you believe that on the fateful day of the traditional marriage, the supposed awaited husband was being finger-crossedly waited for till sunset and he never showed up even till today. What surprised all was why the dude had to spend so much money on something he wasnt serious about. Funny things really do happen sha.

Badosky...wow... Evulz...
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
rebella: Actually nashville, pickabeau is right, he has a job and earns around 100k, but as the first born, he has a ton of responsibilities. So that 100k leave him with almost no savings at the end of the month. She on the other hand earns 500k and is looking for either and increase in pay or a title rise/vertical promotion with the same pay.
I fear.... I knew what I read Na....

I think he should increase his scope for better paying jobs....

But my point was n is still some people are not necessarily crazy about some jobs... Some are OK as long as their basic needs r met
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Mclick(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
damiso: Potential varies from person to person I think as different people have different ideas of the kind of life they want to have.Some some might see 'American citizen' as potential if they have always dreamed of living abroad even if boda is a cab driver in america grin some might see 1st class degree as potential I just think it's kinda vague and she probably was not committed like TV said.Sebi we now live in modern times why can't she be the one with the 'potential' don't some women earn more than their husbands?

I just think defining 'potential' can be very vague as it will tend to vary from person to person depending on their outlook and priorities in life.

And no matter how it is denied some(before people bite me grin but I really think most grin)Naija gals with that typical naija mentality like to see 'glimpses' of that potential manifesting already. wink
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
pickabeau1:

Badosky...wow... Evulz...

Has this happened to you before?
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by MizMyColi(f): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
crackhaus:
I particularly like the part about 'vessels'.

Pray tell, what kind of words are you referring to @emboldened?
Positive words? Affirmative words?

Edit:
Let's twist it up a little..yea?

Who is a woman with potential? cool
Ba3 low....I'll mention you when I charge up, we'll talk cool
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
RedBenson:

Has this happened to you before?

No....its just the revenge dish was served cold
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by bennyzer(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
ihedinobi2: Potential is not the same as guarantee, it's merely resident possibility. And just about every man has it.

However, to the crux of the matter: I believe strongly in finding your feet before looking for love. In fact, I do not believe in looking for love at all. I consider love as something that happens in the course of life. I personally prefer to have an understanding what I want in my woman and just carry on with life until I see it. And when I see it, I go after it like the devil is at my heels, doesn't matter what I'm doing right then.

A man who is steadily building his life will likely meet women he would like to share the work with. My answer to that situation is this: if she stays knowing that this is hard work and she fights on anyway, she's earned every right in the book. If she goes, like the Book says, "if we have suffered with Him we shall also reign with Him", the converse is also true.

The thing that must be dealt with as the problem is not what might or can happen in the future (which is what all the talk of potential tends to be about) but what any given man has planned for himself and what he is doing about it. Some men have a goal that takes a hell of a lot of work to get to while others have one that doesn't take quite so much. Believe me, to become a professional (a doctor, engineer, lawyer etc) is a lot easier than to be, say, an entrepreneur. The former can become the latter and probably a bit more easily than it is for one to head directly into it. But the direct path is by far more tasking, more discouraging and more tortuous. So, if a woman wants to judge "potential", she should be looking at where the man is headed and how much it will cost to get there and decide whether she's up to it.

I have not taken into consideration the vagaries of life. Accidents do happen and the best-laid plans are ripped apart without regard to what career path or vision any given person runs with. These things cannot be helped. But what a man wants to accomplish with his life is wholly under his control. A man's choice of purpose and of means for achieving his purpose is his alone. A woman may rightly judge him by that. A woman may also judge a man by his refusal to be held down by ever-changing circumstances or by his resignation to the forces of life.

Again, I emphasize, a woman is right to judge a man's ability to lead her into the destiny she desires for herself. She can thus judge each suitor and decide the one that best suits her overall vision in life. But if a woman finds a man who has a clear, unconfused and sensible vision that he is pursuing and he is giving everything he's got to it and taking every help within reason that he can get and she is just afraid that it is delaying so much so that she abandons him, then she does not deserve to have any hardworking man commit to life with her at all. And any such man who loses her has lost nothing of value. But if she sticks and insists on working it out, pushing him even when he is exhausted and discouraged as life is often capable of rendering even the hardiest of men, she's a diamond and deserves every bit of investment that such a man can put into her.

About the man in the op, I have two things to say:

1. It does not speak very well of him that five years down the line into his thirties he is still stymied. I understand that life can oppose one so much that they lose the strength to keep fighting and sort of settle down into a lethargy waiting for some kind of handout or pick-me-up. And many times it is totally legitimate. Not everyone is born a self-starter, that is the way God made the world. We are not all the same. But a man who does his best with what he has is not a failure or an unsuccessful man. In this particular case, however, I could feel lethargy through the story, weariness where there should be defiance and self-reinvention. But I can only see through the OP's eyes so I can only limit the accuracy of my judgment to the accuracy of his sentiments.

2. A woman is a terrible asset to a man. In the Bible it is said that one will chase a thousand but two will chase ten thousand. The presence of a woman in a man's life can boost him in the most amazing ways. A man can take a lot of things and endure a lot of things as long as he can count on the woman he has chosen to trust with his life. Frequently, however, when that trust is betrayed, men can be totally wrecked. A man can lose all his strength and zeal to live when a woman loses her faith in him. It takes a man choosing to move on IN SPITE of her to get beyond stuff like that. So I consider that it is very possible that the departure of his lady love dealt a severe blow to his will to fight for his life and dreams.

To that I say that my brother should get a new fixation, something that he can make more important than his very life and fight for it.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ayobase(m): 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
cococandy: Some guys mistake potential to be plans or dreams. Hence a graduate young man hoping to get a job at Shell while doing some unfulfiling job will think he has potential because he's educated and has big dreams.

Potential is the guy who turns lemon into lemonade.

He's focused and doesn't waste his time regaling the babe with his 'plans' for the future.

He's calculative.
The guy who didn't get a job when he left school but his shop that he started with 200k is worth millions now because he doesn't mind traveling to the north or to Togo to buy goods cheaper and doesn't mind driving a keke napep to deliver his goods to his clients on time. Thereby creating a huge customer base and more success from his little capital.

Potential is not by mouth.
If you're driven,it won't be a secret.

I wouldn't say u haven't made a valid point.

This your post could make guys think they are potential-less

Having potential goes with having gone through the right process or having the right qualifications at hand against any related opportunity.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
cococandy: Some guys mistake potential to be plans or dreams. Hence a graduate young man hoping to get a job at Shell while doing some unfulfiling job will think he has potential because he's educated and has big dreams.

Potential is the guy who turns lemon into lemonade.

He's focused and doesn't waste his time regaling the babe with his 'plans' for the future.

He's calculative.
The guy who didn't get a job when he left school but his shop that he started with 200k is worth millions now because he doesn't mind traveling to the north or to Togo to buy goods cheaper and doesn't mind driving a keke napep to deliver his goods to his clients on time. Thereby creating a huge customer base and more success from his little capital.

Potential is not by mouth.
If you're driven,it won't be a secret.
Gboooos!!!!! Lobatan!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by onegig(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nashville:

Simple principle. The more you earn, the more you realise you lack, so you want more.
Which actually does not tend to happiness. It thins out at a point. Any extra cash you earn does not add a pint of happiness to you. So why push things so hard? Also Prosperity in the context used by her aint greatness or a show of potentials.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by BABE3: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
Potential? Women go for "potentials" when the already-made guy isn't available for marraige.

Potential and "God fearing". grin

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
Potential is not working here(Africa especially Nigeria)what we know as potential guy is a guy with good salary and big car. Our ladies are so dumb,take my case as an example-because I did'nt send card to my girfriend of just 3 and half month she started acting abnormal and have been sending her card before.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by damiso(f): 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nashville:

Dami, great example but I kinda look at it differently. Your dad had an ambition to be Lagos State Governor and he pursued it. That automatically shows alot of potential if you ask me. He might not have realised his personal ambition to be governor and that is quite difficult in Nigeria's political environment, however, even when he was young, your mum must have seen a lot of potential in him. Potential to be successful whether or not he realises his ambition to be governor. So even though your dad never became governor, he is still a very successful man.

Your husband, just like me have no such ambition. I will not contest for elective office in Nigeria. But we have potential to be successful too. But if you say potential is a man who puts family first; what if the man cannot feed that family? Does he still have potential to be successful?

A man who puts his family first will do anything( may I add here legal in the case of my husband) to provide for his family.It means he will rather get his hands dirty than see his family starve.Which is why I said 'potential' or 'success' is relative. In the UK for instance feeding (as in literarily eating) might not necessarily be a measure of provision. If you are a legal resident even if you can't afford anything else you will eat or at least your children will eat.So a man might be able to feed his family and might not be considered succesful.It might be a different case in a harder terrain where feeding is seen as one of the hallmarks of provision.

If I had to go by what potential might be to most people of the two men my Dad would be the more obvious choice as the lady could become a first lady in future while with my husband she might probably end up with 1, 2, 3 mortgages in the UK 1 or 2 houses in Naija kids well educated a normal/comfortable life with a pension fund/some investments to fall back on in old age.

To highly ambitious people like my Dad frankly that is mediocre and that is why I always believe sucess is relative.

P.S. I am not saying my husband is not driven but he is more family investment oriented.I try not to dwell on the resources that my Dad squandered to realise his ambition cos that was his ambition and we are all entitled to chase what we consider our visions.Funny enough I actually love politics (hubby teases me the way o follow political issues in Nigeria I guess it's in the blood as a teenager my Dad took me to campaign rallies I actually campaigned for SDP and Abiola back in the day grin) its just that I feel that ambition or' potential' actually robbed his immediate family of a better quality of life of it had been channeled into more investments.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Moredew(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
flyca: OP, Personal Experience.

Sometime ago, I started "seeing" one of my sister's old time classmate, an Architect from a Federal University, graduated with a good result and have a Master's degree, and with two year experience too. These were the sketchy details I knew about him before we started dating. So yes!, he has potentials.

Ok. Two months into the r/ship, I noticed this guy was broke, broke with the necessities of basic living. I started becoming worried. I lived in a city two hours from his, but he couldn't afford t-fare (not time) once in a week or two to come and see me. Calls nko?, na me dey call most times. Ok o. I was still on it.

Once, I went to his office see him, by the time I set out by 5pm back to my city, I drank a bottle of coke. Even the taxi fare to the park, he didn't give me. Hmmmmm. No need to say, I was "down". Another day, I went back to his residence to visit him on a Sunday o, I nearly fainted at what I saw. His room in the family house even had a leaky roof shocked

The one that broke the Carmel's back, was the day he asked me to transfer some call credit to his phone. At this time, I had completely lost grip!

So am I a gold-digger? Am I impatient? I'm I unrealistic or simply unreasonable? I leave the answers to you.

As much as having potentials is good, if its not translated into financial ability(lack of better adjectives), there is no need to bring out a lady from her father's house to starve her.
so its gud for a lady to be in her fathers's house nd feed fat.
Ok o
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
winner01: Every one's got potential, what will you say of a lazy man who got lucky and good things came his way, or a very hard working man who has not made it,,,This is life, face it. The "Nigerian orientation" of young ladies will leave many of them in the hands of people who don't love them and will maltreat them and make them miserable till they grow old....Why do you think the rate of divorce in Nigeria is increasing?...True love is gradually fading in our environment and hence the reason for inappropriate standards set by ladies.. Our parents (those that are successfully in marriage) will be in the best position to really contribute to this matter. As a matter of fact, more than 50 percent of our parents grew into financial stability, and considering the fact that the Nigerian system is more competitive today, a man who struggles with life at the initial stage does not mean he will struggle for life, and that does not mean he should necessarily face rejection when he is ripe for marriage...
1million likes.people here are just posting he should try and get success as if they are all successful.
Brother! Sometimes life is a bitch,people will think u are lazy which is not so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.