Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Who Is A Guy With Potential? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Guy With Potential? (33389 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by simdam500(m): 4:35am On Sep 03, 2014
a guy who didnt cry after finding out that his girl friend is getting laid by his padi.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ogawisdom(m): 4:39am On Sep 03, 2014
A man who has a decent life and has action plan on hw to live a beta life. He must b earning a decent living frm his talent,biz,occupation, ability, skills, education, certificate or wateva is in him.
For eg
Having a first class degree n sitting at home jobless for two yrs is nt a potential but having a first class degree and working for a coy for 80k per month salary n having an action plan on hw to land dt 500k per month salary in oil coy is a potential.
Potential is a way of sayin I am beta than wat life is giving me at d moment n u make dt statement by wat u ve achieved so far, wat u r doin right nw n wat u plan to do in future.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 03, 2014
cococandy: Some guys mistake potential to be plans or dreams. Hence a graduate young man hoping to get a job at Shell while doing some unfulfiling job will think he has potential because he's educated and has big dreams.

Potential is the guy who turns lemon into lemonade.

He's focused and doesn't waste his time regaling the babe with his 'plans' for the future.

He's calculative.
The guy who didn't get a job when he left school but his shop that he started with 200k is worth millions now because he doesn't mind traveling to the north or to Togo to buy goods cheaper and doesn't mind driving a keke napep to deliver his goods to his clients on time. Thereby creating a huge customer base and more success from his little capital.

Potential is not by mouth.
If you're driven,it won't be a secret.
correct!
God bless you with a potential guy...make sure you stand by him o,even if he decides to start from frying akara...

7 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by kadas01(m): 5:16am On Sep 03, 2014
I see a guy with "potential" as that man who has a "vision" and he is working hard to truly "achieve" his "dreams"; no matter the challenge(s)/difficulties he has to undergo!!

A guy with "true potential" would never allow that "dream" of his to "die" inside of him!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:18am On Sep 03, 2014
I measure potential with 3 yard sticks irrespective of sex.

1. Vision :- Does he have direction, a clear picture of what he expects the future to look like. Does he have a clear understanding his purpose and reason for existence.

2. Dedication to the vision : Is he dedicated to that vision, How well is he able to convert his vision into a workable plan with him taking key steps to achieving that vision. Irrespective of the challenges and difficulties is he putting in the required effort, learning and hard work to seeing that vision is achieved. Is he a fighter Or simply a day dreamer.

4. Track record : Growth is the greatest measurement of potential ... Where was he when you met him 6 months ago and where is he now. Mentally, financially, socially, Is he moving towards the direction of the vision or just stagnant. Because based on his ones track record you can effectively to a greater degree predict one's future

In summary Is his hunger to succeed greater than his fear of failure.

#Matthew Briggs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by saintgwizard(m): 5:22am On Sep 03, 2014
To the ladies: A guy with potential is one with a good Job or. business and is evident that the way he is going, he stands a good chance of turning out very big in life. Eg, A fresh graduate working as a manager with a multinaational coy.

To the guys: A guy with potential is one who has good visions for his life. He may or may not achieve those visions. Eg a First class graaduate teaching in a community secondary hoping to land a job with NLNG some day.

In summation, I don't really blame the ladies, why go into a marriage with the potential to suffer for God knows how long. I'm not saying be a gold digger but select the guy that will at least assure you of good food, good clothing and good shelter.

Abi who be the guy wen wan make em sister suffer?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Entchidodo: 5:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Fantastic Potential is in a guy who owns a Camry and whose Birthday is today.....Ichidodo's Birthday....

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by slimzypink(f): 5:46am On Sep 03, 2014
Potential

A guy who is a problem solver

A guy who forgives in advance

A guy who put God 1st and not relying on his brain

A guy who gives head maybe like his life depends on it

A guy who can pound yam for his wife and not jjst sit in sittin room watching premier league erry weekend

#okbye

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by nickz(m): 5:52am On Sep 03, 2014
slimzypink:
A guy who can pound yam for his wife and not jjst sit in sittin room watching premier league erry weekend
wadafuq
get ready to starve to death angry

!@op a guy with potential is a guy who doesn't Stop and ask for directions when a woman is in the car. angry grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Missmossy(f): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2014
A guy with potential(s) should be one that has a bright future not one that doesn't even know where he is going.

A guy with potential(s) should be able to decipher so many things that are related to his life,he is a factual thinker and is also very smart.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by cole265(m): 5:56am On Sep 03, 2014
The problem with some ladies is that they want to eat their cake and still have it. Some ladies like the one in this story knows what she wants and she went for it. She wanted a man that is independent in thoughts and free in the mind. A man who do not compromise bc of family, friends or love to achieve...such the kind of men that makes it in life anyway. (such ladies don't complain of less attention from the man; they are very understanding) on the other hand, some ladies want just the kind of man as dis ribbed in this story. a man that is simple and easy going, religious, homely and "caring" in the sense that they touch, kiss, smoosh gently and tenderly all the time. Of course such men don't have the drive to make it in life (especially in a place like Nigeria) even when the opportunity knocks, they are too shy or to afraid to take it up bc in most cases it might involve keeping late nights, travelling for long or in some instances living apart from their spouse initially or along the line. These type of men are prefared by some ladies even if they don't make it in life.
But problems starts when a lady wants a man who has potentials to make it in life as well as the same qualities as in the second kind of man(especially when they are both self starters).
I hope my long story answers your questions
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by poiZon: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2014
Nashville: Ok Ladies ehhn and gentlemen. I just want to ask you what it means for a young man to have potential. Most men are not Dangote when they get married but our young ladies all want to marry a guy with "potential" even if he isnt Dangote yet. So what does "potential" mean? I asked because of a recent incident.

I bumped into one of my close family friends recently and it was sooo good to see him after four years. The last time I saw him was at his introduction/engagement ceremony and he seemed very happy with his soon to be wife. That was 2009 - I was holidaying in Lagos. So seeing him four years later, I asked after madam and he said he wasn't married. I look shocked and asked him what happened to his marriage only for him to say he was never married. So I asked after the babe we met then and he now started telling me the long story.

They did the introduction and all seemed well, but the girl kept on saying he was not motivated or driven enough and she had doubts about their future financially. At that time he didnt have a good job but he was hoping something better will come up soon. Eventually the girl left him later that year and he was devastated. When I heard that I was sooo mad that the first thing that I said was

"these useless 9ja girls, I hope she is somewhere still very single and regretting her actions".

He then replies, that she is married now, and she even has a child sef. Somehow, the thing just pained me even more. Because this is a very nice young man that I know that wouldnt cheat or beat his wife. Easy going, handsome, God fearing gentleman, so why would a young lady leave him for such a flimsy excuse other than greed or being a gold-digger. I just encouraged him generally and told him, he will get a better babe.

But after sometime, I just reflected on the whole incident. The guy was 30 in 2009 and he didnt have a good job. Now, he is 35 and still struggling. Not much progress. Even though, he is a very nice guy, but I just started thinking to myself. Was the girl right after all? Did she see something I wasn't seeing? Is he truly motivated or was this girl another 9ja gold-digging babe. Because after five years, it seemed my guy still hadn't made much progress and at 35, shouldn't a guy be on his feet?

So I ask you ladies, those that are not gold-diggers; what is expected of a potential marriage partner. What does it mean to have potential. Your thoughts are very welcome. Guys please contribute as well.

potentials in this ur context will mean a guy having a BIG N ARTICULATED D1CK, the one wen it gets erected cant even be explain by googling the outcome.
in naija potentials dont fetch money it will only worsen it esp if u aint connected.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by snakebeat: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2014
What about d ladies, dem no dey get potentials sef? Let dem be talking about guys, like say guys get special tin wey dem dey benefit frm marriage....

4 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by slap1(m): 6:12am On Sep 03, 2014
The most important thing is God's favour and diligence. That's what turns potential to wealth.
Nigeria has potential just like Kuwait and Dubai. See us, see them.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Jimmyo3(m): 6:12am On Sep 03, 2014
Potential ko...Kinetic ni
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Infomizer(m): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2014
That guy who not only knows what he wants, but has a flexible masterplan on how to get it...and is working towards it...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Ramanto(m): 6:15am On Sep 03, 2014
He doesn't drink,smoke,womanise,go out late or mingle with bad people.He must not be necessarily very rich,but he has ambition,he has a set goal he's working on achieving.#fromaprimarysixstudentperspective
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by marieolae(f): 6:17am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: For Nigerian ladies, he's the one who is loaded with dolls
sick nd tired of men stero typing ladies
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy: A guy who smoke weed
Come chop knuckle

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Ramanto: He doesn't drink,smoke,womanise,go out late or mingle with bad people.He must not be necessarily very rich,but he has ambition,he has a set goal he's working on achieving.#fromaprimarysixstudentperspective
Who is this cow? De there. If you have a good job, are rich, and go out late, does that mean you have no potential? Any id1ot will just conment
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by kolamilan(m): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2014
i like this thread. Nice one guys.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by kolamilan(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2014
ismokeweed:
Who is this cow? De there. If you have a good job, are rich, and go out late, does that mean you have no potential? Any id1ot will just conment
is too early to smoke weed naw.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2014
A guy with dreams, ideas, goals..

A guy who's got a clear picture of his future

A guy who knows where he wants to be and what he wants to do, and works towards it

A guy who knows that failure is just a stepping stone to success

A guy who's not willing to allow circumstances determine his future

A guy who doesn't believe in "Que sera sera"

Above all, A guy who knows that without Christ, he can do nothing.

That's a Guy with potentials in my humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by kolamilan(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2014
slimzypink: Potential

#okbye
madame pls can you explain further @bolded. Thks
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by bootstrap(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2014
All this grammar u guys are speaking and dodging the truth so u dnt cut across as shallow, God is watching oh

Who is a guy with potential?

A GUY WITH POTENTIAL IS THAT GUY THAT IS CURRENTLY FINANCIALLY STABLE WITH A HIGH TENDENCY TO INCREASE THAT FINANCE AS THE YEARS PROGRESSES.

In the current financial realities on ground, be earning, at the very least 150k (give or take), hv a job/buisness that can atleast double that revenue in say, every 5yrs ... oh, and I am refering to those under 30. The requirements change as the age increases.

Ladies and gents, that is potential for you. cool

7 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by abdulwastecx(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2014
slimzypink: Potential

#okbye

I disagree with point 3.
A guy that make religion a personal thing.
religion make people to be lazy, a man that uses common sense and logic is a guy with potential.

premier league is the big deal chick. .. I will watch my chelse vs Tottenham over any ladyany day any time

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by chidekings(m): 6:40am On Sep 03, 2014
everyone has potential,but the problem is the will and the driving force of ur own potential,ours is a materialistic world,so without finacial capability it seems one has failed to achieve his.
Personal experience,i have a girl i once loved,and she claim she loves me,inasmuch that she can attest to the fact that am trying to make both ends meet,i was not driving a car,but i was richer than most car owners,i have good business plans and was even building a house for the future,but when a guy from the states came for her,she ran to him and from what i heard recently,she is getting married to him this saturday and yet she still calls me on phone,telling me am the best guy to her yet she is getting married this saturday

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 6:40am On Sep 03, 2014
kolamilan: i like this thread. Nice one guys.

You should be more interested in the comments if the ladies

So fat it has been materially inclined

Kudi..owo..

Not necessarily a bad thing

Guys should know the score so as to step up

fruqsy:
correct!
God bless you with a potential guy...make sure you stand by him o,even if he decides to start from frying akara...

Potential no dey reach that side oo..lol

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by popson1st: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Money, Money, Money.

1000 steps to please a woman.

1: Give her money.
2-1000: Repeat step 1.

That's potential.

Case Study: Nigerian Ladies.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ololo12: 6:50am On Sep 03, 2014
I've said it, time and again. It's a waste of time with Nigerian girls. I gave up on them decades ago.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ololo12: 6:51am On Sep 03, 2014
chidekings: everyone has potential,but the problem is the will and the driving force of ur own potential,ours is a materialistic world,so without finacial capability it seems one has failed to achieve his.
Personal experience,i have a girl i once loved,and she claim she loves me,inasmuch that she can attest to the fact that am trying to make both ends meet,i was not driving a car,but i was richer than most car owners,i have good business plans and was even building a house for the future,but when a guy from the states came for her,she ran to him and from what i heard recently,she is getting married to him this saturday and yet she still calls me on phone,telling me am the best guy to her yet she is getting married this saturday

Bro. It's a waste of time with Nigerian girls..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help!! My Father Has Too Much Interest On Widows / My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.