Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation (38187 Views)

Checkout This Conversation Between A Lady's Ex-Boyfriend & Her New Man (Snapshot / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / Why Do Women Run When They Find Out You Have Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by offiahPman: 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
lolz!...i dont blame the two of them.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by ezelous: 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
I have heard enough of your views. Some of you think marriage is just conquerable. Some of us here are even regretting over d decisions we made. Get it! Wedding is dat day u put on yr colorful wears and dance joyfully,but marriage is dat long years u spend wit yr spouse. A guy must never marry if not ready because he faces it alone. A girl who loves her man should endure wit him thru thick n thin until they get married.I don't blame d guy joo neither do i blame d lady. if only we will always realise dat marriage is a journey we must be sure abt b4 venturing into it.A beg, enough of this unsure decision of ours!
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
this thread goes out to ladies in our higher institutions in Nigeria who live as wives in schools.They cook,sweep and clean,share their monthly stipends from her parents with the guy.

And at the end,the guy dumps your stupid ass insearch of a fresh leaf for marriage.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Austyn44: LAST BULLET
Girl: so what are we now?
Guy: we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator. grin

Lord have mercy on our sisters. Amen!
Lmao
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
See dis girl is right to de core. She may not ve a substitute as insinuated by many. But de truth is de guy does not ve her in his plan even if dey continuing dating for ten years.
Guy u re earning 120k and u re afraid of commitment ? U Don't want marriage but u want to date her until she get to menopause, u will den joyfully go marry a younger lady to bare u kids..

Wake up and stop spiting sh*t.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Sike(m): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
nicechic: Some guys don't have conscience
...but they're WISE.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Samyj247: see girls mumu sense. After guys don hamer u finish, u go run go meet another man for marriage. Assuming this girl refused sex, this guy would have married her. You think se guys na mumu abi.
Oboi See As You Dey Spoil Show 4 Our Leaderz Of 2moro sha.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by princesa(f): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Lol...boys and girls losing their consciences since 18 BC. grin

Being in a relationship means more than just a union of a man and woman, too bad some people don't understand cool
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
ezelous: I have heard enough of your views. Some of you think marriage is just conquerable. Some of us here are even regretting over d decisions we made. Get it! Wedding is dat day u put on yr colorful wears and dance joyfully,but marriage is dat long years u spend wit yr spouse. A guy must never marry if not ready because he faces it alone. A girl who loves her man should endure wit him thru thick n thin until they get married.I don't blame d guy joo neither do i blame d lady. if only we will always realise dat marriage is a journey we must be sure abt b4 venturing into it.A beg, enough of this unsure decision of ours!
Well said. But note DAT if a guy is not ready for marriage he should not get involve in a relationship in de first place. And even if he must do let him tell his partner his plans of not ending up in marriage so that they will both be on de same page.

Instead of callously getting a lady waiting for yearz only to realised she will not be walking down de aisle.

Wat if de girl is ur sister ?

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by silversonuc(m): 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: This guy doesn't have any intentions in marrying her. 4 years is not a joke at all. He literally just wasted her time. Mehn they say these hoes aint loyal, but really these guys aint serious at all. Pure BS!
lmao its not by force maaam
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Joe171(m): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
ladies hate this kind of discussion.
thank God I'm a guy, if I like I marry if no like I remain like saint paul.

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by silversonuc(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
andromida: The girl even began to settle for engagement when its marriage she truly wants. Lol.

Wanted to marry herself sef the guy should just show up for the wedding. cheesy

Kai! see settling.

isaiah 4 vs 1 wuld give a clearer picture
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by marieolae(f): 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
silversonuc:
lmao its not by force maaam
after four years. Wat is dat all abt
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Anaskie(m): 11:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
My best read on Nairaland in a long while.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by JACKOFALTRADE: 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Most all relationships lead to marriage?
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by youngelder(m): 12:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Hahahahahhahahahhahaha.. Absolutely hilarious! Nairaland- a place to laf away Ur sorrow.

On d mata, guys will support d guy. Gals wuld support d gal.. Howeva, i tink both of dem are ryt in dia own ways...

It dosnt mata hw long u dated or courted.. Marriage is for matured minds. As dey say.. "no be beans. Even If na beans.. U go fit select one bag of beans"?
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by CertifiedFreak(m): 12:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Lines! Epic. grin
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Donvilo(m): 12:45am On Sep 04, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: No1 abeg... Nothing do you I follow u for back, but u don advice say rushing no good also.. So u go balance d tin.... XPERIENCE IS D BEST TEACHER

Trust me bro, I would rather say that xperience is a cruel teacher, you wouldn't want to meet one, believe me grin

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by MrHeff(m): 12:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Lol!

Anyway, testing [url]nairaland.com[/url]
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Konjour(m): 2:31am On Sep 04, 2014
It should take more than the girl asking about where the relationship is leading to for the

boyfriend to suggest breaking up a relationship of 4 years. There are ways to pull the plug on the

tension in the relationship without abandoning the ship totally if he was really determined to keep

her. Any woman in her shoes would do the same but no sensible woman would be caught ball-

watching in a relationship for 4 years without seeing any significant moves from the guy towards

getting married to her. No sensible woman would also have sex for years with a guy she's not

married to whilst 'hoping' he'd do the right thing. So as much as the guy is looking for a way out

after getting what he probably wanted in the first place, the girl was also as stupid as they come.

You'd think the movies, books, and tales they watch, read and hear everyday would make some

folks especially women smarter being the ones with the most to lose.

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Samyj247: 3:06am On Sep 04, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Oboi See As You Dey Spoil Show 4 Our Leaderz Of 2moro sha.

Hahaha, no mind them, their mumunes no start today, dem go still de mumu de go. hahaha, No fear jare.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Marriage is so over-estimated in Africa. Not trying to be sexist tho but I'd do what the guy did if I were in his shoes.

I'm so not damn interested in marriage AT ALL and the girl must let her intentions known to me at the beginning so I know whether to go on or end it there and then.

I'm no fan of starting a home with a foundation of debts in a bid to make a snow white wedding that'd make headlines. It's an irrelevant waste!

Moreover, I don't think I can stand the bullshìt pouring out from the altar in the name of "wedding vows" and the irritation of cohabitation. Fùck, you'd kill me first before I'd agree to that!!

I'd rather have a baby mama and I assure you that love, money, trust and faithfulness will never be deficit.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by harffie(m): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2014
macof:

That's another thing ladies do to loose the right guy.

many foolish girls won't open their eyes and get their priorities straight. they looking for the perfect guy that has everything...and only a complete pretender appears perfect
#gbayi baba!
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by ncChigo(m): 4:39am On Sep 04, 2014
na wa o,really funny & sad story...can't blame any of dem though,they should have defined d relationship from the beginning. I just feel sorry 4 d innocent guy who will unwittingly marry her not knowing that she is tokunbo

1 Like

Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by tunapius(m): 4:44am On Sep 04, 2014
babes, shine ur face welll wellll but some babes desrve this though.... undecided
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by 2scorehigh(m): 4:49am On Sep 04, 2014
realborn: Shamefully, societal pressure has led us to believe that the event called wedding is a mandatory dependency for survival. Unfortunately it should not be so.

If the conversation is culled from a true life experience, I deeply pity the lady and completely respect the guy. It is very tough for any husband to build a suitable home with a contemporary and modern day wife with a remuneration of N120,000 per month.

I remember years ago when I was basking in the euphoria of getting married because I had few millions stashed somewhere, how a senior colleague called me and said "wedding is a day's event but marriage lasts a life time". It made little sense at the time because I was getting married to my Dearly beloved whom I had known for 11 years and dated actively for 9 years.

Today we have gone through several storms of marital life and have only been able to remain strong because I yearned for it without being coerced and she has remained content thus far. If she had exhibited any overriding and desperate attribute of the female respondent in the subject conversation, we definitely would have hit the rocks.

I have seen many blissful weddings lead to eternal traumas for the parties involved. I have seen many men develop kleptomaniac vices because of the insatiable desires of their wives fashioned after the similitude of "I want what my friends have".

If indeed the female respondent truly desires to settle and marry her male respondent, she needs to reassure him of her readiness to leave her high horse, receive an inexpensive engagement ring that he can afford without pomp and pageantry; get married at the registry at a mid week service, host few family and friends at an eatery to cut costs on an expensive reception; and settle with him wherever he can afford even if it is the most remote of places. Thereafter, they should join efforts to save and plan for the advent of kids.[i][/i]

If unwilling to accept the aforementioned conditions, she should pray fervently for her man to immediately land a suitable job with a pay that will meet her lifestyle demands. Until then I advise she stays in the relationship and continue to enjoy the comfort of her man.

Finally, marriage is not compulsory. It leads to trauma if rushed into!

I guess you didn't see or hear her telling him to dream bigger, huh!

Women?! Hmm, u neva jam! angry

If u no take your time, Dem fit push you over the cliff!

But that's not my business! grin
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 04, 2014
chemystery: Hmmmmn. That guy sounds nice and indifferent. He seems to like or love the lady but probably foresee no future with her. On the other hand, he might probably not be ready for marriage or thinks it's irritating with the lady rushing up things. The guy in question, might be one of those guys who never dreamt of settling down or who has phobia for settling down. Unlike the female folks, almost every guy has this phobia but this of course varies from one individual to another.
I don,t quite agree with you. The guy was n't nice in any form, Just faking to love the girl because the girl was providing him with all his needs. The day he will make ot or find another richer lady, he will dump her. Listing to all his words was unfaithfull they sound.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Lordjazz: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2014
My beef with babes is that they don't ever see beyond WEDDINGS. What is in a wedding that you want to throw away the rest of your life with a low life? Take my advise; get a life! Cos when you do, na you go run for the number of 'will you marry me' advances. But for where. They just are looking for who will take them in and pay all their bill while they do nothing! It all boils to you not knowing your worth, work hard and guys will propose and not you proposing.
A misnorma!?!?
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by 2scorehigh(m): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2014
vivalableue: Okay the first thing I noticed wrong in the situation is that this conversation took place 4 years into the relationship!!!! Why not after say 1 year, or a 6 months. Eventually, you must make your intentions known. As in, look I want to get married eventually, and that means within the next 4 years. Is that something that suits you? Yes or No? If yes, then we can continue to get to know each other, see if we are equally matched. If not, well the relationship hasn't developed to the point of co-dependence and they can go their separate ways. See, simple smiley

Eeyaa Vivy, thing is in reality, methinks what you just suggested is easier said than done.
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:05am On Sep 04, 2014
I actually don't blame the guy. I blame the lady! She knew what she wanted from the onset, and still allowed the relationship linger for 4years! Who does that?

At the end of the first year, you need to know where the relationship is headed. If you both going different directions, then you need to get off that ship!

I think the issue with women is they're afraid to speak out cus they feel "I don't wanna be termed desperate."

But at the end of the day, isn't that what you want? So why you pretending and denying yourself of knowing the truth?

To thyself be true! And you will avoid putting yourself in situations like the girl did!
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by Truckpusher(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Gynacologist: i dnt c a guy lyk u gettin married mwan.
Does marriage guarantee happiness? cheesy
Re: Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation by room089: 7:36am On Sep 04, 2014
There are some things I can't understand; someone has not paid your bride price and your hurriedly sold your self intoto to him. Four years down the line still no show.
Well I commend the girl for waking up from her slumber at all. She should quietly pick her broken life and move on; there is still a glimpse of hope for her. What she need do is to repackage her self.

You now see one of the reasons God said we should not commit fornication?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Am 30 And My Girlfriend Is 16 / Kenny Brandmuse Scared Of Returning To Nigeria / When A Gold-digger Is In A Relationship With A Gold-digger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.