Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,948 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? (4941 Views)

. / List Things That Are Better Than Sex / When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by yungchop: 1:20am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

This is why I don't like you... bully
I want you to add me please, here's mine 28FF9EDC
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: https://www.nairaland.com/MrsBreezyMrsBreezy Don't cry again.. *Hands her handkerchief *

No. You made me cry.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by OmichaelO: 1:25am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

No. You made me cry.
angry

Forgive my STM,why were you crying BTW?
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: angry

Forgive my STM,why were you crying BTW?

Cause your wrinkled face is just so pitiful
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by OmichaelO: 1:29am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Cause your wrinkled face is just so pitiful
awh Thanks! my TRADEMARK

angry angry
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 1:36am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Well some people do not enjoy cooking. Is it by force ahh. How is it her responsibility to cook? No wonder Nigeria is considered underdeveloped with this type of mentality. It's simply beyond me.

I'm guessing you also think it's the man's ' responsibility' to work and bring money into the house?
Lol @the bolded I was expecting you to make that statement sooner or later.... But understand one thing, its my own belief, nobody forced it on me (am not disputing the fact that my environment contributed to it) but I chose to follow it. I can deduce from your posts, you believe that you and your husband are equal. Therefore cooking for him would be a sign of submissiveness and weakness ( that's why I talked about gender equality) on your part(that's egotism). The western world placed too much freedom on some unnecessary things in the name of human rights..... For example incessant stabbings and shootings that occurred in london and the surrounding environs between 2000 and 2010 was as a result of too much freedom in the child rights act of the United kingdom...
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by yungchop: 1:42am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

No. You made me cry.
hey, you didn't reply me
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: Lol @the bolded I was expecting you to make that statement sooner or later.... But understand one thing, its my own belief, nobody forced it on me (am not disputing the fact that my environment contributed to it) but I chose to follow it. I can deduce from your posts, you believe that you and your husband are equal. Therefore cooking for him would be a sign of submissiveness and weakness ( that's why I talked about gender equality) on your part(that's egotism). The western world placed too much freedom on some unnecessary things in the name of human rights..... For example incessant stabbings and shootings that occurred in london and the surrounding environs between 2000 and 2010 was as a result of too much freedom in the child rights act of the United kingdom...

Yeah we have rights for a reason and they're working pretty well... well at least no one can walk into a school here and take over 200 girls no problem...

No you did not choose to follow it... you might think that but u didn't. Just like you will not choose gay rights. Opinions are just forced upon people and you can think you chose it but u didn't. If only you could see outside this enclosed box that the Nigerian culture has trapped you in.

Hmm it's not exactly about being submissive. It's about men thinking I've to step down my role because I'm a woman to fulfil yours cause youre a man. That's not on. Men are capable of staying at home and being house husband if y'all think it's okay for women to do the same.

Too much freedom? Lol you've no freedom whatsoever. Slaves in what you'd like to call culture.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 13, 2014
yungchop: hey, you didn't reply me

I'm sorry... what am I meant to do?
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 2:14am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Yeah we have rights for a reason and they're working pretty well... well at least no one can walk into a school here and take over 200 girls no problem...

No you did not choose to follow it... you might think that but u didn't. Just like you will not choose gay rights. Opinions are just forced upon people and you can think you chose it but u didn't. If only you could see outside this enclosed box that the Nigerian culture has trapped you in.

Hmm it's not exactly about being submissive. It's about men thinking I've to step down my role because I'm a woman to fulfil yours cause youre a man. That's not on. Men are capable of staying at home and being house husband if y'all think it's okay for women to do the same.

Too much freedom? Lol you've no freedom whatsoever. Slaves in what you'd like to call culture.
Because I don't give in to the western cultures makes me a slave to my own culture lol....... Then you are also a slave to the western culture you are propagating. Even if our cultures contradicts each other, both of them have their own good and bad effects or lemme say influence. That's where the contradiction comes in. What the western culture believes is okay and normal, my culture might not accept it but that doesn't mean it's archaic. Both of them have their own reasons for having opposing views on an issue.The western culture is not the perfect culture and african culture is not any better. According to my socials studies teacher "Culture is a way of life".... I can't judge or crucify because we hold opposing views due to the different societies in which we found ourselves......... @the bolded twist it anyway you like, its still the same thing as not wanting to be tagged a submissive wife (gender equality comes to play here)
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by nickz(m): 6:40am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: There are many Gays guys here

angry

@nickz is you one of 'em
yeś bro...........and you are my partner
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by OmichaelO: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2014
nickz: yeś bro...........and you are my partner
Me I is not your partner oo.I hunt gays

I'm Martian Gayhunter! Just like Martian manhuntEr in DC comics

angry angry
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: Because I don't give in to the western cultures makes me a slave to my own culture lol....... Then you are also a slave to the western culture you are propagating. Even if our cultures contradicts each other, both of them have their own good and bad effects or lemme say influence. That's where the contradiction comes in. What the western culture believes is okay and normal, my culture might not accept it but that doesn't mean it's archaic. Both of them have their own reasons for having opposing views on an issue.The western culture is not the perfect culture and african culture is not any better. According to my socials studies teacher "Culture is a way of life".... I can't judge or crucify because we hold opposing views due to the different societies in which we found ourselves......... @the bolded twist it anyway you like, its still the same thing as not wanting to be tagged a submissive wife (gender equality comes to play here)

It's not a western culture lol its about human right. It's not like if the woman wanted to stay at home she couldn't. But you're honestly saying it's her job her responsibility. Which is really quite unfair.

Hmm yeah I know our culture is different lol haha my parents drill it into my head every day.

So you don't believe men and women are equal?
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

It's not a western culture lol its about human right. It's not like if the woman wanted to stay at home she couldn't. But you're honestly saying it's her job her responsibility. Which is really quite unfair.

Hmm yeah I know our culture is different lol haha my parents drill it into my head every day.

Don't get me wrong, am not against gender equality.... But in some cases human beings (especially women) tends to abuse this grace called human rights...... IMO, it fuels egocentrism and narcissism in them.......... For example, if a man and a woman commits the same crime. They won't bag the same punishment (depending on how grievous it is). In this kind of situation, will you clamor for gender equality. Since the society is fair to them, they believe they can just do whatever that pleases them and get away with it (I don't mean that its a crime) because the human rights act tilts more in their favour................ Am okay with the way my culture is, so far it stands on what it believes is right irrespective of which gender is involved......... @the bolded am not saying that I intend to make her a full housewife or my personal, Infact I prefer working class lady but if she expects me to be the one in the kitchen doing the cooking because mine is better than hers, then that's unfair.... In an african family setting, both the man and woman have responsibilties in their home. If a man falls short of his responsibilities, he is seen as lesser man and might be disrespected by the woman if she is the breadwinner of the family...... So if a woman fails to carry out what africans* believes are her roles in the family, do you think she deserves to be respected
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: Don't get me wrong, am not against gender equality.... But in some cases human beings (especially women) tends to abuse this grace called human rights...... IMO, it fuels egocentrism and narcissism in them.......... For example, if a man and a woman commits the same crime. They won't bag the same punishment (depending on how grievous it is). In this kind of situation, will you clamor for gender equality. Since the society is fair to them, they believe they can just do whatever that pleases them and get away with it (I don't mean that its a crime) because the human rights act tilts more in their favour................ Am okay with the way my culture is, so far it stands on what it believes is right irrespective of which gender is involved......... @the bolded am not saying that I intend to make her a full housewife or my personal, Infact I prefer working class lady but if she expects me to be the one in the kitchen doing the cooking because mine is better than hers, then that's unfair.... In an african family setting, both the man and woman have responsibilties in their home. If a man falls short of his responsibilities, he is seen as lesser man and might be disrespected by the woman if she is the breadwinner of the family...... So if a woman fails to carry out what africans* believes are her roles in the family, do you think she deserves to be respected

Yeah I really do hate when women use gender equality to get what they want and ish I understand it then. But it still doesn't mean her place is in the home.

So you don't think women should be the breadwinner either?

What are her roles in the family. Why can't she do what the man does? Why is she the lesser party in the relationship.

Hmm nah I don't believe a woman should ever have to do something she doesn't want to because culture has made it her role... If she doesn't want to she doesn't have to...

Hahaha this honestly why no one wants to marry Nigerians anymore
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Yeah I really do hate when women use gender equality to get what they want and ish I understand it then. But it still doesn't mean her place is in the home.

So you don't think women should be the breadwinner either?

What are her roles in the family. Why can't she do what the man does? Why is she the lesser party in the relationship.

Hmm nah I don't believe a woman should ever have to do something she doesn't want to because culture has made it her role... If she doesn't want to she doesn't have to...

Hahaha this honestly why no one wants to marry Nigerians anymore
@the bolded how does it makes her the lesser party in the relationship (that's the ego problem)..... So if a man choose to be the chef in the relationship, it makes him the bigger party I think.... Like I said last night, you believe being submissive is tantamount to the relegation of a woman in a relationship (ego problem again)..... What's the big deal about a woman doing the cooking for her family.... Like I said earlier, I don't intend to relegate her to the background when we are not in some kind of competition with each other.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: @the bolded how does it makes her the lesser party in the relationship (that's the ego problem)..... So if a man choose to be the chef in the relationship, it makes him the bigger party I think.... Like I said last night, you believe being submissive is tantamount to the relegation of a woman in a relationship (ego problem again)..... What's the big deal about a woman doing the cooking for her family.... Like I said earlier, I don't intend to relegate her to the background when we are not in some kind of competition with each other.

Haha I don't have an ego problem. I just think if she wants to cook she can and if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to . It's not her job.

Lol yeah no I don't do submissive. I don't submit to anyone ever.

It makes her the lesser party cause you're not even giving her the choice. It's a situation of you have to cook whether u like it or not.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Haha I don't have an ego problem. I just think if she wants to cook she can and if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to . It's not her job.

It makes her the lesser party cause you're not even giving her the choice. It's a situation of you have to cook whether u like it or not.
I believe that's why courtship precedes marriage... If we can't come to a definite agreement on a particular issue, then it's better we go our separate ways...... Lol @the bolded if you can't submit to him, then he would have no choice but to submit to you (you can't eat your cake and have it) because only one can have the final say or the relationship will not work........ If you guys are in a competition to outdo the other because both wants to be superior while no one one wants to feel inferior to the other, there will be confusion and chaos because two captains cannot steer a ship, one will have to bow down for the other........ What you believe is submission, to me its etiquette..... It's what's expected of her. It does not anyway diminish my respect for her, It increases it instead............. How on earth will woman think I have to give her options to cook or not unless She is a lazy bone
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by ayukdaboss(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Until women fully decide to be equal in all things we can't enact the gender equality law. Women have to propose to men too...provide for the family. Take a good beating when they're wrong instead of hiding under the notion/belief that men aren't supposed to hit women. Take a cue from the Jay-Z/ Solange incident.

You don't just go screaming gender equality at what favours you only. That's not gender equality.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by ayukdaboss(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Well I don't really understand you. With my knowledge of European countries around the world I'm sure than 95% of women (wives) make ALL meals for the family and it's her responsibility. Maybe you're just being egoistic. There are ladies like you even here in Nigeria where that belief is held high so I'm not fussed.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: I believe that's why courtship precedes marriage... If we can't come to a definite agreement on a particular issue, then it's better we go our separate ways...... Lol @the bolded if you can't submit to him, then he would have no choice but to submit to you (you can't eat your cake and have it) because only one can have the final say or the relationship will not work........ If you guys are in a competition to outdo the other because both wants to be superior while no one one wants to feel inferior to the other, there will be confusion and chaos because two captains cannot steer a ship, one will have to bow down for the other........ What you believe is submission, to me its etiquette..... It's what's expected of her. It does not anyway diminish my respect for her, It increases it instead............. How on earth will woman think I have to give her options to cook or not unless She is a lazy bone

Lol hahah I'm not a lazy bone hehe I can cook but it's not my job ooo... infact try that In my house and you'll starve no lie

Haha nah I dont like men that submit to women or vice versa we'd have to negotiate hehe and I always win

Hmm haha you see I've no problem cooking for the bae but I feel like he's gonna start thinking it's my job that's what I can't deal with lol I watched that movie Mr and Mrs. Please I will not turn to house help so he can bring another wife home.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 13, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Well I don't really understand you. With my knowledge of European countries around the world I'm sure than 95% of women (wives) make ALL meals for the family and it's her responsibility. Maybe you're just being egoistic. There are ladies like you even here in Nigeria where that belief is held high so I'm not fussed.

Hahaha what European country are u studying? Actually lately the roles have been reversed and the men are staying home because women are achieving higher education.

Lol I'm not all about ego tho honestly. I really don't understand this African culture of the stereotypical woman.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 13, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Until women fully decide to be equal in all things we can't enact the gender equality law. Women have to propose to men too...provide for the family. Take a good beating when they're wrong instead of hiding under the notion/belief that men aren't supposed to hit women. Take a cue from the Jay-Z/ Solange incident.

You don't just go screaming gender equality at what favours you only. That's not gender equality.

Haha actually I completely agree that if a woman hits a man he has every right to hit her back. In fact if I was Jay z I would beat the shiit out of solange... the height of disrespect.
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by nickz(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: Me I is not your partner oo.I hunt gays

I'm Martian Gayhunter! Just like Martian manhuntEr in DC comics

angry angry
i think you should take your time into hunting anti-transgender folksangry
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by OmichaelO: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2014
nickz: i think you should take your time into hunting anti-transgender folksangry
I'll set up a committee on that

angry
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol hahah I'm not a lazy bone hehe I can cook but it's not my job ooo... infact try that In my house and you'll starve no lie

Haha nah I dont like men that submit to women or vice versa we'd have to negotiate hehe and I always win

Hmm haha you see I've no problem cooking for the bae but I feel like he's gonna start thinking it's my job that's what I can't deal with lol I watched that movie Mr and Mrs. Please I will not turn to house help so he can bring another wife home.
So you got this idea from MR. And MRS....... Well I don't support the kind of relationship portrayed in the movie.... A man thet turns his wife into a slave in her own matrimonial home is a callous man.... That's not the kind of submission am talking, its extremely extreme....... It seems you think every woman that's in charge of her kitchen is a full housewife..... Its not like my friends and family will be flocking our home as if its an hotel because my wife is a very good cook and besides I won't stop her from working if she wants to.................... Infact her cooking is supposed to be my favorite and if I compliments and appreciates her cooking skills, that will fuel her ego I guess..... A relationship should not be about you first and you alone
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by nickz(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: I'll set up a committee on that

angry

and what do you think you'll do to them
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: So you got this idea from MR. And MRS....... Well I don't support the kind of relationship portrayed in the movie.... A man thet turns his wife into a slave in her own matrimonial home is a callous man.... That's not the kind of submission am talking, its extremely extreme....... It seems you think every woman that's in charge of her kitchen is a full housewife..... Its not like my friends and family will be flocking our home as if its an hotel because my wife is a very good cook and besides I won't stop her from working if she wants to.................... Infact her cooking is supposed to be my favorite and if I compliments and appreciates her cooking skills, that will fuel her ego I guess..... A relationship should not be about you first and you alone

He probably didn't mean to turn her into a slave. She helped him in the process. Never standing up for herself.

Nah it's pretty cool to be in charge of the kitchen and taking care of babies and stuff... But don't start thinking its my job and I'll become your slave...

But the topic at hand is if you're a better cook... And most guys here are already saying its disgraceful...If it's disgraceful sure you do the cooking then sham

I understand and I'm pretty sure I'll love and respect thy husband but in the process I'll love and respect myself as well..
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by OmichaelO: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2014
nickz: and what do you think you'll do to them
Hunt them down and take them to rehab (transgender Rehab)

or are you one?

angry angry
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by MisterLongman(m): 10:34am On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBreezy:

He probably didn't mean to turn her into a slave. She helped him in the process. Never standing up for herself.

Nah it's pretty cool to be in charge of the kitchen and taking care of babies and stuff... But don't start thinking its my job and I'll become your slave...

But the topic at hand is if you're a better cook... And most guys here are already saying its disgraceful...If it's disgraceful sure you do the cooking then sham

I understand and I'm pretty sure I'll love and respect thy husband but in the process I'll love and respect myself as well..
They believe its unmanly or feminine but its not disgraceful....... But does cooking belittle you as a woman in your own home..... Its just too flimsy to think that you are being dominated by your spouse because you cook for him
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by nickz(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2014
OmichaelO: Hunt them down and take them to rehab (transgender Rehab)

or are you one?

angry angry
if i were one you would be dead!!

trust me
Re: When The Husband Cooks Better Than The Wife? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2014
MisterLongman: They believe its unmanly or feminine but its not disgraceful....... But does cooking belittle you as a woman in your own home..... Its just too flimsy to think that you are being dominated by your spouse because you cook for him

Hmm nah it doesn't belittle you... but it's belittling for him to judge you by your ability to cook...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies I Think Is Time You Stop Asking For Unnecessary Gift From Guys / Some Girls Tho( My Experience Yesterday) / My Advice To All Guys Out There(be very careful)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.