Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49177 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Genes1s: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
nickz: mumu gringringringrin
. Ur DP and ur personal text says a lot about you.. No wonda u live in d toilet smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by JoanJohnson(f): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
I also had that issue with tall guys. I always anticipated a tall guy for my husband but my present man is far from tall, he is short but caring to the extreme. I came over it when my aunty gave me a scripture to read. All my follow ladies still waiting for a tall or a particular kind of physical attribute of a man should please read 1 Samuel 16:7.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by biggmusty(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

ok u marry short man... We don hear. Case close! Next thread pls

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by UTMOST10(m): 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
A perfect write up! What's the minimum height a guy can attain before he could be address as a fairly tall or tall guy?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Realtol(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
I'm so obsessed with height my dear, tall guys are easy going and forgive easily. They enjoy life as it comes and bear no grudges which is very rare to see in a short dude.

That your sister married a tall man who doesn't send her does not mean it will turn out so for all ladies that married tall guys, very lame to sight her as an example.

My aunt married a short man too(she is tall) he is so filled with inferiority complex that any little thing she does he sees it as an insult because she was way taller. He embarrases her everywhere so people will know he is the man and superior which isn't necessary. She regrets marrying a short guy.

Stop lamenting
I pity your sister!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 100Cents: 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Women and their countless obsessions..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by udemzyudex(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ceasar1: I think it pays to think outside the box. Tall or not, deceivers can come in any form. Height doesn't matter like you emphasized at all. It's all about making the right choice.
The post is not about making the right choice bro..its about the height.
Telling the ladies out there to think above the height and not using that as their most important tool to choose a guy.

some people should stop trying to bring in what doesn't correlate with a topic into it just to post a point.. When op is talking about A someone will be posting about B because they are close..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ssultana(f): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
pickabeau1: You are lucky u got somebody willing to marry your shallow self .no be only tall...what of thor

At least it is good you are preaching your gospel from the comfort of your 'marriage'.

Says the deep short man grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by nickz(m): 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Genes1s: . Ur DP and ur personal text says a lot about you.. No wonda u live in d toilet smiley
tonguetonguetongue
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
rawpadgin: height is so overrated, seriously
am only 5"8 yet beautiful chicks are always @ my beck & call
all my so-called tall friends can't even match my prowess in woman issues

Most tall guys are ugly. FACT! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ichidodo: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
We can see most ladies here have activated their fish brains......To most folks here,Op just became a lifesaver.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Abeg is 5ft"2 inch tall?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Realtol:
I pity your sister!
Pity kwa?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Logicalmindy:

Na wa oo ... how did you come about this ? you got a R and D centre in ur house ?
Abeg is 5ft"11 inch tall?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: Na wa oo ... how did you come about this ? you got a R and D centre in ur house ?

FYI, most girls shouting tall guys are dating cute short or average height guys.

Foolish girls lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by mako007(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Story for the gods.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by deletrue: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
Tell them. How on earth can a normal girl forgo all normal features and mind only tall men? Congratulations and continue to enjoy your marriage. Try also to train your children to avoid such stupi.d crazy open eye ways of live.
I am a senior citizen. When I take a look at this society, I keep wondering at this jet age girls and boys. All you see in them are those things that any normal, well brought up people can never do. They are influenced by what I will describe as open eye, civilization whereas the actual norms of our real system is almost gone. This morning I was driving out when a neighbour's wife asked me to assist her further a little. Do you know that this lady of just a kid is putting on, just a very small and short nicker. I phoned my wife to rebuke her. She promised not to dress that way.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by pickabeau1: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
ssultana:

Says the deep short man grin

undecided...another shallow female.....
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ifoundmyperfect: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nice one...
Though not all tall men are scumbags...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by thandii1: 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

My sister date/marry any man of your choice. However, if the ONLY thing that drives you crazy in a man is his height then I pray you don't make a huge mistake.

My blood sister married her husband simply b/c he is tall. Now she wouldn't mind paw paw or aki because the man is giving her hell.

I wouldn't want to look spectecular in public and face anguish and pain at home.

Do you want to please people and displease yourself? The choice is yours.

How can one marry a man ONLY because of his height? And your sister lied, she still would not marry a dwarf if she leaves her husband today.

I personally believe everyone has choices. A person who desires height as part of her criteria in a man should by all means go for it. There are thousands tall men with good heads on their shoulders. Short guys on the other hand are people I have observed and studied to be quite a handful. The truth is height factor has never in anyway determined one's character. It makes no sense whatsoever settling for a short guy and end up lusting after every tall guy around you.

Nothing in this world is certain, the next short man might just treat one worse and that will amount to settling for less and still suffering. Innit? Lol

Its like preaching to a guy who is attracted to fair slim ladies to go for thick dark ones just because I've had my own share of badluck with slim fair ladies. Do not underestimate the power of physical attraction in a marriage. I agree it is not what marriage is all about, but heck it is also very important to stick to your preference to avoid stories that touch in future.

Op, would you have married an aki and pawpaw type of shortness because of your experience with tall men? Be sincere.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by teeghurl(f): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
At least, dis will boost the morale of short guys cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by ALISMILE(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

No!!! And none of my daughters will date/marry a man simply because he is tall. Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is Dangote or Mike Adenuga the tallest man in Nigeria?

2. Is Obama the tallest man in the world?

3. Is Lionel Messi the tallest player in the world?

4. What exactly does a lady benefits from a man's height which an average or even a short man can not offer?

5. Do we cook human being and eat them like yam or meat so that a tall man will full the pot?

Common u ladies who got no choice but settling for a short dud, aren't being frank here. Are u saying that if a tall man who also possess all those qualities list up there u ll still settle for a short dud? Be frank guls.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by emmykk(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2014
Why ladies like tall men.

1.ladies like to look upward while discussing with their man.

2.they feel that a tall man or guy got a long big manhood.99% ladies seek this.but statistics will shock them.

3.most films producers use tall guys in most romatic films,so ladies always dream of a situation where their so called husband should look tall like the one in the film.

And the people guilty of these are the 20-26years ladies

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by kennosklint(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
So dat means there is still hope 4 ma friend...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by stanisbaratheon: 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
an avenue for short guys to start dashing you likes abi...okay continue
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by cyzor(f): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
You talked like the little school girl u were. No matured woman would have height as a criteria for marriage, though I know a guy who is currently choosing his bride based on height.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Olyboy16(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
Logicalmindy:

Every lady has a right to her choice of man! If OP doesnt like short guys it doesnt mean every girl should hate them?
For God's sake, cos one nasty tall guy ditched you doesnt mean all tall guys are the same.
Besides, fact is most ladies like tall guys yes , but they strongly prefer tall, masculine and well built guys not just "tall" lyk y'all ar puting it..its hardwired into them!!
If a real lady sees a "real tall", she'll get wet just to get a feel of his masculine powress!!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by lalasticlala(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
MrIknowAll: DIS POST SHOULD BE D BEST POST OF D DAY....
r u short?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by deletrue: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
MrIknowAll: DIS POST SHOULD BE D BEST POST OF D DAY....
Thanls but I will rate it among the top most threads since the N/L was founded abi created by Seun.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Dreambeat: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
The OP may be right but she seems to be passing her message across with anger and a bit of arrogance.My thought,no offense undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top Ten Funniest Nigerian Chat-up Lines / My Horrible Reaction When My Side-chick Told Me I Have HIV (Photos) / Graphic DM A Married Man Sent A Lady On Instagram Exposed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.