Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Riot In Yola! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot In Yola! (29307 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot In Yola! by aumeehn: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
there is a serious riot going on in Yola......
Details coming soon....ma run go house!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Is this the revolution I've been smelling? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Dreyl(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Omo this one nah serious war
may God help us all.
Re: Riot In Yola! by baybiemee: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
God help us
Re: Riot In Yola! by Arch1: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
I hope it is not connected with the rumour that president JonaTAN ordered the Police/Army to disband the local vigilantes that routed Boko Haram at mubi yesterday

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by desgiezd(m): 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
Please feed us fast as events unfold!

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by samuelkaykay(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Enemies of progress,
riot against who?
By who?
I smell Turaki's hand.

13 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Arch1: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
samuelkaykay:

I smell Turaki's hand.
Here we go again with the blame game. We havent even confirmed the cause of the riot but you'v started pointing accusing fingers.

For your info, it is rumoured that he was the one i.e The Turaki of Adamawa Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who funded the Yan Banga/local hunters at Adamawa that routed Boko Haram yesterday

44 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by adehsenior(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Aumeehn were did you get your information from,nothing is happening in yola,i am in yola so stop making people to panic over nothing,pls next time confirm your source before writing,all we now is that a NAF helicopter crashed in FUTY and nothing more.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by Rikidony(m): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
GOD HELP NIGERIA
Re: Riot In Yola! by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
adehsenior:
Aumeehn were did you get your information from,nothing is happening in yola,i am in yola so stop making people to panic over nothing,pls next time confirm your source before writing,all we now is that a NAF helicopter crashed in FUTY and nothing more.

God bless you

27 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
Is today not Friday?

Then the answer to the cause of the riots lies on the religious significance of today being Friday.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by bakila: 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:
Is today not Friday?

Then the answer to the riots lies on the religious significance of today being Friday.
Unfortunately DUMB!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by NafeesaAA(f): 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2014
The OP is right, there was indeed a small riot around old jimeta market, which resulted in police firing to disperse a growing number of rioters. What actually happened was that immediately after Friday prayers, someone took the microphone from the Chief Iman and made a statement, suggesting that
* the recent series of helicopters crashes,
* the recent helicopter crash in which some foreign nationals with arms are involved
* CAN President private jet & arm smuggling in South Africa
* the refusal of GEJ to authorize the Civilian JTF to go after Boko Haram despite the recent success they achieved in Mubi,
* the recent directive from the IGP that state Commissioners should curtail the activities of vigilante groups nationwide
All points to the fact that GEJ is deliberately or actively promoting Boko Haram. With this statement, the Chief Iman refused to stop the man provocative statement and did not react to it neither did he try to stop him. With this, the District Head removed the Chief Iman from his post with immediate effect, this action triggered a wave of protest from people who shared or believe the angle of GEJ as the C-C of Boko Haram.
However, I don't think any lost of life and the situation is right now under control

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
bakila:

Unfortunately DUMB!

All secular riots which happen to be the only types of riots in the north begin on Fridays.

Fun Muslim fact

43 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
NafeesaAA:
The OP is right, there was indeed a small riot around old jimeta market, which resulted in police firing to disperse a growing number of rioters. What actually happened was that immediately after Friday prayers, someone took the microphone from the Chief Iman and made a statement, suggesting that
* the recent helicopter crash in which some foreign nationals with arms are involved
* the refusal of GEJ to authorize the Civilian JTF to go after Boko Haram despite the recent success they achieved in Mubi,
* the recent directive from the IGP that state Commissioners should curtail the activities of vigilante groups nationwide
All points to the fact that GEJ is deliberately or actively promoting Boko Haram. With this statement, the Chief Iman refused to stop the man provocative statement and did not react to it neither did he try to stop him. With this, the District Head removed the Chief Iman from his post with immediate effect, this action triggered a wave of protest from people who shared or believe the angle of GEJ as the C-C of Boko Haram.
However, I don't think any lost of life and the situation is right now under control

I knew there will be a religious angle to it.

Why can't you Muslims keep your politics outside your religion?

Why are mosques used as incitefull venues for violence?

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
bakila:

Unfortunately DUMB!

Can you see the post above ?

Dumbass

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by NafeesaAA(f): 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Why are mosques used as incitefull destinations for violence?

This is not politics, where did you see PDP or APC. This is about reactions to some questions raised. Did any one tell you Christians where attacked or Churches burnt.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Kinkale(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
Two fighting... No opener

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by Fabdedon(m): 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
just in case
Re: Riot In Yola! by hazyfm: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
LOL grin grin grin
THIS IS NOT EGYPT
Vessi:
Is this the revolution I've been smelling? grin

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
NafeesaAA:
This is serious

3 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by psucc(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
There must be a correlation between Muslim and Violence. A number of riots in the North must always start immediately after jumat on Fridays.

What actually do the Imams tell the poor fellows?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
NafeesaAA:

This is not politics, where did you see PDP or APC. This is about reactions to some questions raised. Did any one tell you Christians where attacked or Churches burnt.

But Muslims rioted after mosque.

Can you tell me of any instance where Christians spilled out of church on Sunday to riot ?

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by karlmax2: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
NafeesaAA:

you see your reasoning so it's only when apc and pdp is mentioned that it becomes political?. It becomes religious and political the moment the speaker mentioned can and the insinuation that white people were seen. What the bigots are saying is that it's can and Israel that is killing people not boko haram

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by homerac7: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Thank you Nafeesat for your candidness. You have always given us reliable info without bias on happenings in NE. Keep up with your good heart irrespective of religious or geographical affiliation.

22 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Lies from the pit of hell...
Called my friend and he said nothing like riot in yola.

2 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by IYANGBALI: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
samuelkaykay:
Enemies of progress,
riot against who?
By who?
I smell Turaki's hand.
no na him yansh smell pass

3 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by IYANGBALI: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
psucc:
There must be a correlation between Muslim and Violence. A number of riots in the North must always start immediately after jumat on Fridays.

What actually do the Imams tell the poor fellows?
they always preach hatred

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Riot In Yola! by IYANGBALI: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2014
desgiezd:
Please feed us fast as events unfold!
the one dem feed you,never bellefool you?

1 Like

Re: Riot In Yola! by fr3do(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
If Ihejirikha was still COAS, he would have been mentioned.
Yeye people!

8 Likes

Re: Riot In Yola! by Abduletudaye(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Why are mosques used as incitefull venues for violence?

I wonder why the Iman being a leader, would let some random person take the mic from him??

Masjid shouldn't be used in airing your political opinions..

I blame the imam for this crap..

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

At Last, Work Begins On 2nd Niger Bridge / SGF Babachir Lawal Chases Officials Who Went To Deliver Letter To Him Away / Fayose Personally Supervises Distribution Of Food Items To Ekiti Residents. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.