Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs (13095 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / "How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by CyberWolf: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
For those looking for source, this is a reliable source....http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ill-expose-corrupt-monarchs-after-2015-election-akiolu-insists/ enjoy yourself grin grin...Hopefully this to thread will bring an end to tribal bashing against Igbos as regard to love of money..This is really a Nuclear arsenal for the e-warlords cool cool cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Please, are you serious about all you've just typed?
**where are my snipers and grenades? The war has started**

Overserious dey worry me.

Now I'm hustling and making papers, by the time I make enough papers I'm going to resign. I don't have to work till I grow old.

Then, I shall devout my time and resources to Issuing Visas To The Saboteurs.

I'm going to start with our PastorPreneurs.

Those Bastardds do whatever they like as if Nigeria is a lawless country. They commit great attrocities on a daily basis yet they mount the altar to preach.

They are all going to pay.

God punish them all.

They've All Failed The City.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
aryzgreat:

U have not commented about these saboteurs other than attacking ur perceived non yorubas, steadmann is an unbiased Yoruba who say it the way it is. Condemn the evil first.

Go back to my first response (see below) to this thread to see that I addressed how someone predicted my opinion before I was even allowed to give one.

Bobo yi, kilode? Wetin I do you ? Why always mentioning Gbawe negatively? Do you even know my opinion about this matter before giving me one by force? "Issokay".

At the end of the day,my opinion is that majority of Nigerian politicians are corrupt. Traditional rulers and religious leaders may be corrupt and warped also. It is left to us to look at individuals and their specific actions rather than begin to make generalisation based on ethnicity and the conduct of individuals.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by VAQAXY: 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Why is this thread not on the front page already?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by DidierKing: 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Gbawe]

Grade A caveman, what illustrates your backward mind more than all the ugly and prejudiced conclusions you are making here? Hypocrisy is common to all men whether Chinese, Black, white, Hausa or Yoruba. Yet it is only an underdeveloped mind like yours that will argue that an entire ethic group is defined by a singular characteristic common to humanity. It shows you are operating from a base grounded in prejudice. This is why I will continue to tell people like you to mind your own business. You have nil objectivity towards others and can only contribute negativity when talking about them so why don't you then spare everyone your jaundiced and prejudiced opinion by keeping such to yourself? [/q

I wont call you names, I will leave readers to be the judge: Let's dissect The races you mention and lets be truthful:

CHINESE - If it was in China, all the so called Oba's would have been rounded up by now and publicly executed. They wont deny or be hypocritical about it. They would be courageous and face the issue square on. You and I know its true.

BLACK - Its a fact that the ONLY Black race that would openly deny and be hypocritical about such weighty issue is the Yoruba Ethnic Group. You and I know its true

WHITE - Yes, this race is hypocritical some worth, but they rarely betray their own. But if they do, they wont live in denial. You and I know its true

HAUSA - Not that I am sympathetic to their cause but the Hausa traditional institutions wont do this. They would rather tell it to Abiola's face they aren't supporting him. Never will they betray him.You and I know its true

YORUBA - 'l leave this race to the readers to comment. You and I know its true

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by customised13: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Aljharem aka Ola1, you are Bastard and you are in trouble

quote me

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by ibedun: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
DidierKing:
I wont call you names, I will leave readers to be the judge: Let's dissect The races you mention and lets be truthful:
CHINESE - If it was in China, all the so called Oba's would have been rounded up by now and publicly executed. They wont deny or be hypocritical about it. They would be courageous and face the issue square on. You and I know its true.
BLACK - Its a fact that the ONLY Black race that would openly deny and be hypocritical about such weighty issue is the Yoruba Ethnic Group.
WHITE - Yes, this race is hypocritical some worth, but they rarely betray their own. But if they do, they wont live in denial.
HAUSA - Not that I am sympathetic to their cause but the Hausa traditional institutions wont do this. They would rather tell it to Abiola's face they aren't supporting him. Never will they betray him.
YORUBA - 'l leave this race to the readers to comment

The refuge seeking IGBOs nko? what will they do.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
henrysam:
What do you expect from a ploiceman.
A whole Oba from SW disgracing other obas in the presence of SLS. When they are not respected in the future. They will start crying. Bunch of shameless fools.

Speaking the truth is always more important and necessary regardless other people's feelings or attitude towards you because of any truthful revelation.

Nigerian leaders are crooked and corrupt the way they are because we enable them by keeping our mouth shut and sweeping their crookedness under the rug.

Condoning and covering corruption and betrayal just to look good in front of other people hurts you more and even compounds your problem so where is the sense and and logic in that?

How have you helped yourself. Is looking good in front of SLS going to change their corrupt ways or alter the fact that they betrayed their own people or even prevent them from doing the same thing all over again..?

They'll think twice next time before betraying their own people, thanks to Oba of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by ibedun: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
CyberWolf: For those looking for source, this is a reliable source....http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ill-expose-corrupt-monarchs-after-2015-election-akiolu-insists/ enjoy yourself grin grin...Hopefully this to thread will bring an end to tribal bashing against Igbos as regard to love of money..This is really a Nuclear arsenal for the e-warlords cool cool cool

Not in a millions years!

Igbo will sell their mama (ask the ritualists) for the love of ego. Inadequate people feeling that they would be liberated by money.

Our Obas have disappointed us though.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by DidierKing: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
ibedun:

The refuge seeking IGBOs nko? what will they do.

The refuge seeking IGBO may collect the money but they wont live in denial. They will tell you they collected the money. LOL

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by ibedun: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
arresa:
Speaking the truth is always more important and necessary regardless other people's feelings or attitude towards you because of any truthful revelation.
Nigerian leaders are crooked and corrupt the way they are because we enable them by keeping our mouth shut and sweeping their crookedness under the rug.
Condoning and covering corruption and betrayal just to look good in front of other people hurts you more and even compounds your problem so where is the sense and and logic in that?
How have you helped yourself. Is looking good in front of SLS going to change their corrupt ways or alter the fact that they betrayed their own people or even prevent them from doing the same thing all over again..?
They'll think twice next time before betraying their own people, thanks to Oba of Lagos.

Well said sir, its important the truth is out - as unpalatable as it is and knowing what our Yanmirin tenants will do with this revelation.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
Why do I have this weird feeling that you have been Seun all along?

aljharem: This is so painful

Just as his boss Tinubu killed Funsho Williams, Akiolu betrayed Abiola .

Obj betrayed Abiola

Buhari, abacha and Obj destroyed Fela

These people apart from Abacha are PRESENTLY IN APC. THEY CLAIM TO LOVE YORUBAS BUT BETRAY AND SELL US TO THE HIGGEST BIDDER. WE HAVE BECOME POLITICAL TOOLS FOR TGESE PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE CHANGE

YORUBA NATION IS IN DANGER

CURRENTLY, THEY WANT TO UNDERMINE HID AWOLOWO JUST AS THEY DID TO ABIOLA AND KILL HER

YET STILL CLAIM TO HAVE OUR INTEREST .

I AM SCARED FOR YORUBA RACE. TRULY YORUBAS ARE IN A VERY BAD POSITION NOW THANKS TO APC TINUBU
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

We dubbed him Bank-Ole. We bash Daniel and his fellow thieves on a regular basis. Everyone knows we don't support our own when he or she errs. Yorubas bash Obasanjo more than every other tribe.

As far as we are concerned,

If you do well, we'll praise you. If you err, we'll bash you very well.

I think some people are only using the opportunity to bash us, yet nothing do us. The useless Oba(Oba of Lagos for that matter oooooo) caused the whole confusion.

Someone above me said "If The Oba Could Condemn His Fellow Obas In The Presence of SLS A Northerner, What Does He Except SLS To Say About Us".

Some of our people no dey try, e dey pain me.

Thank you. This is my opinion too. No need to politicise or ethnicize the actions of one person or a few individuals. Most Yorubas will not be found embracing bias and prejudice to support blatantly obvious wrongdoing even if it is their own son guilty of such. Nonetheless, we all know this is the sort of thread some ethnocentric and anti-Yoruba bigots will descend on to begin peddling their nauseatingly prejudiced views. Many Nigerians, because of an innately prejudiced nature, love to fool themselves "others are the problem" when all the negative attributes of mankind thrives very well in all Nigerians from all corners and all ethnic groups of our nation.,

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by cantell(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
arresa:

Speaking the truth indeed! He waited for close to 20yrs to do that. Kudos to him!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aryzgreat: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is a front page news mynd44, ngwakwe, oam4j, Seun please do the needful

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Uncle is right though.

I'm not just happy about what our so-called Elders did to themselves in the past.

And the Oba is not a saint either.

Last Bullet.....People should please not turn this thread to Igbo vs Yoruba bashing cos it's going to be deleted by the admin when the Chief Photographers and Chief Hackers start their wahalas.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by talktimi(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
The other day it was Amosun, today its Oba Akiolu. Some careless talks are just not necessary

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by bright8(m): 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

Now I'm hustling and making papers, by the time I make enough papers I'm going to resign. I don't have to work till I grow old.

Those Bastardds do whatever they like as if Nigeria is a lawless country. They commit great attrocities on a daily basis yet they mount the altar to preach.

God punish them all.

If you need more hands let me know.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

God punish them all.

Thank you. I despise them immensely also. Whether it is Oyakhilome, TB Joshua, Oyedepo or Jimmy Swaggart, I consider them to all be conmen who rob in the name of religion. They need to be tackled by all men and women in society who simply wish to side with what is right and reject what is wrong.

In Nigeria however, everything will be tainted with ethnicity and hypocrisy. Rather than see the whole Pastorpreneur scam as something condemnable and afflicting the entire world, some backward caveman will postulate it is a problem typical and indicative of one ethnic group alone. That is what I resent.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by DidierKing: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gbawe:

Thank you. I despise them immensely also. Whether it is Oyakhilome, TB Joshua, Oyedepo or Jimmy Swaggart, I consider them to all be conmen who rob in the name of religion. They need to be tackled by all men and women in society who simply wish to side with what is right and reject what is wrong.

In Nigeria however, everything will be tainted with ethnicity and hypocrisy. Rather than see the whole Pastorpreneur scam as something condemnable and afflicting the entire world, some backward caveman will postulate it is a problem typical and indicative of one ethnic group alone. That is what I resent.

GOODMORNING! You begin to see that truth will always prevail. Never late though! Welcome to the club and thank you for adopting a change at old age.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by ola6: 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ori yin ope! Keep defending your masters at the detriment of us all. Your Tinubu ole will be remembered as one worse than Afonja. Eyin ode rada rada. Because of money, you all sold your people.

Let your political foolish oba keep misyarning...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
bright8:
If you need more hands let me know.

Thanks Boss.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by PassingShot(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
talktimi: The GIVER and taker of bribes are both guilty, this former police commissioner definitely got his own share of the booty while running his delivery errands to the Obas back then so silence should have been his watchword for integrity's sake...

undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

He's dumb I tell you.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by DidierKing: 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
PassingShot:

He's dumb I tell you.

He is not dumb. He freed up his conscience. You are not in his shoes. He will die a happy man
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
DidierKing:

GOODMORNING! You begin to see that truth will always prevail. Never late though! Welcome to the club and thank you for adopting a change at old age.

DidierBaba Kilode gann?

Leave Uncle alone jarey. You just want to indulge him. Na wah for you oo.

Cheers Sir.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
ola6: Ori yin ope! Keep defending your masters at the detriment of us all. Your Tinubu ole will be remembered as one worse than Afonja. Eyin ode rada rada. Because of money, you all sold your people.

And who is US ALL? You have no sense of belonging or identity so who is US ALL?

The fact that you are a Tinubu jilted lover doesn't mean you have to keep crying all over the internet about your predicament...
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by CrinkumCrankum: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
And these things run in many Yoruba blood(s).... Cowardice, deceit and greed.... Yorubas can sell their mother for a plate of Amala ati Ewedu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by customised13: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
ola6: Ori yin ope! Keep defending your masters at the detriment of us all. Your Tinubu ole will be remembered as one worse than Afonja. Eyin ode rada rada. Because of money, you all sold your people.

Omo Ale, Olribukuruku. Ko ni da fun e

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aryzgreat: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
aryzgreat: This is a front page news mynd44, ngwakwe, oam4j, Seun please do the needful

cool cool cool
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
customised13:

Omo Ale, Olribukuruku. Ko ni da fun e

I think he's AljHaram. The Konfused One.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Ayed44: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
CyberWolf: For those looking for source, this is a reliable source....http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ill-expose-corrupt-monarchs-after-2015-election-akiolu-insists/ enjoy yourself grin grin...Hopefully this to thread will bring an end to tribal bashing against Igbos as regard to love of money..This is really a Nuclear arsenal for the e-warlords cool cool cool
tank u for giving another source. Denial is d major problem in dis country.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Firefire(m): 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2014

I just they observe the erudite defense of their paymaster.

Guys please go ahead and continue to defend your payslip.

Much grammars and long statements will NEVER cover the truth... Oju Olorun n wo e yin aturọ ta bi elubọ.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tax: Nigeria’s New Oil? / Femi Adesina Accuses Opposition Of Widespread Killings In Nigeria / Flash: Testimonies pour into PTAD Twitter page From Pensioners And Their kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.