Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs (13121 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / "How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by russello: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
chulla12: Why do I have this weird feeling that you have been Seun all along?

Agyeiiii

Lmao! Una nor go woundjure pessin belle wit plenti laff for hia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Jmain: 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

I think he's AljHaram. The Konfused One.

Konmight well done . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Jmain:

Konmight well done . .

Thank You Egbon.

Dem wan use ban kill my monika.

Now I'm avoiding joining issue with Igbos. I just want to face front now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

I think he's AljHaram. The Konfused One.

Ola6 is a bitter Yoruba chap while Aljharem is not even a Nigerian. He is a confused Chadian.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by WilyWily5: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Chief Lateef Jakande betrayed Awolowo all from Yoruba, which made Awo to buy Otapiapia from Igbo trader, that comes the end story of Awolowo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Jmain: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

Thank You Egbon.

Dem wan use ban kill my monika.

Now I'm avoiding joining issue with Igbos. I just want to face front now.

Na safety na him sure pass . . .Nothing do you . .grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Orunto: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Late Ojukwu chop pass them all. He was Abacha's hatchet man. That gave him the effontery to tell OBJ at a time that he was senior to him. He kept on ranting untill OBJ told him to shut up. OBJ was then a General and the President of Nigeria, both of which positions were far superior to just a retired and tired Lt. Colonel. Oba Akiolu is just repenting Christian style and wants GEJ to forgive them and Sanusi. if God wishes them to canvass for votes for him. Igboman will never repent even in hell unless he becomes the eyes of satan in hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gbawe:

Ola6 is a bitter Yoruba chap while Aljharem is not even a Nigerian. He is a confused Chadian.

Lol but he claims to be from the north, the guy is a clown . He can't even keep his stories straight grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by PassingShot(m): 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
DidierKing:

He is not dumb. He freed up his conscience. You are not in his shoes. He will die a happy man

you care to know why he's dumb? Because he shared the bribe and as such equally guilty of same offense he's accusing those monarchs.

Secondly, he cannot swear that he doesn't collect bribe from the current politicians who throng his palace for political favours.

Moral lesson - those who live in glass house should not throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aryzgreat: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Orunto: Late Ojukwu chop pass them all. He was Abacha's hatchet man. That gave him the effontery to tell OBJ at a time that he was senior to him. He kept on ranting untill OBJ told him to shut up. OBJ was then a General and the President of Nigeria, both of which positions were far superior to just a retired and tired Lt. Colonel. Oba Akiolu is just repenting Christian style and wants GEJ to forgive them and Sanusi. if God wishes them to canvass for votes for him. Igboman will never repent even in hell unless he becomes the eyes of satan in hell.

grin grin ur message is?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
tatiana009:

Lol but he claims to be from the north, the guy is a clown . He can't even keep his stories straight grin

Bro, he has claimed to belong to every single ethnic group in Nigeria since his time here. His divisive ways, seeing him always wanting to set ethnic groups against each other, makes me conclude he is not Nigerian. He simply adopts an ethnic identity as he goes along and as suits the agenda he is pursuing at the time. Aljharem is from Chad or Cameroon with a Maitatsine-style modus operandi.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, he has claimed to belong to every single ethnic group in Nigeria since his time here. His divisive ways, seeing him always wanting to set ethnic groups against each other, makes me conclude he is not Nigerian. He simply adopts an ethnic identity as he goes along and as suits the agenda he is pursuing at the time. Aljharem is from Chad or Cameroon with a Maitatsine-style modus operandi.

Wow shocked it's crazy the kind of evil agendas some people have on this forum. By the way I'm a lady
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aryzgreat: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
VAQAXY: Why is this thread not on the front page already?

Bc it does not have the magic word igb..... in it's caption

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
tatiana009:

Wow shocked it's crazy the kind of evil agendas some people have on this forum. By the way I'm a lady

Apologies Madam. My bad.

As per Aljbokoharem, the chap is scary. How can one single person claim to belong to every Nigerian ethnic group if not operating with ulterior motives and a nefarious agenda? Dude is an agent of chaos and disharmony.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Basically, since he made the statement at the Ijebu king's palace - that means only the Awujale refused the bribe.

Well, we Ijebus have always been pace-setters, we'll never compromise.

God bless Ijebus and can someone please elevate the Awujale to the most prominent Yoruba king alive? We've always had our own kingdom, and with this, it's only right that the Ijebus get their just due.

Thanks for the expose! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by talktimi(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
So if NADECO chieftains collected bribe from the evil Abacha and or Abdulsalami to fashi June 12 struggle and Tinubu was a NADECO chieftain, that means......... I no talk anything o lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
PassingShot:

you care to know why he's dumb? Because he shared the bribe and as such equally guilty of same offense he's accusing those monarchs.

Secondly, he cannot swear that he doesn't collect bribe from the current politicians who throng his palace for political favours.

Meaning because he participated according to you means he should just sweep everything under the rug just like your country sweeps everything under the rug while you shoulder the burden of their crookedness in misery?

Sounds like you are your own worst enemy..

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

-Winston Churchill
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by russello: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
PassingShot:

Probably he was left with no much option except losing his life and that of his family members for some obvious reasons then:

He was a police officer serving under the command of a brutal military dictator who's got no value for human life.

He was just a messenger obeying the order of his superior who doesn't take no for answer.

He may have even expected these traditional rulers to refuse the money just as one of them did.
And this would have been a better way out for him.

But, to his amazement and disappointment, they all acquiesced to the proposition.

One need to have worked under the command of this no-nonsense dictator to have a clear picture of the degree of dilemma this man may have gone through.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Trailblazer1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Steadmann:

Overserious dey worry me.

Now I'm hustling and making papers, by the time I make enough papers I'm going to resign. I don't have to work till I grow old.

Then, I shall devout my time and resources to Issuing Visas To The Saboteurs.

I'm going to start with our PastorPreneurs.

Those Bastardds do whatever they like as if Nigeria is a lawless country. They commit great attrocities on a daily basis yet they mount the altar to preach.

They are all going to pay.

God punish them all.
They've All Failed The City.

You don spoil everything. Don't bring pastors into this shit.
But I'm still with you on our first mission.
**armed to the teeth with all my arsenal**

Can we start from the oba's house?
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by chinazaekperem2: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
yeaah, bombshell, even bombchevron grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by chinazaekperem2: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
so a yoruba actually frustrated MKO, his kinsmen killed him

shame! shame!! shame!!! on omo odua

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hahahahaha tell me something!!! I thought it was only the Igbo that supported Abacha the tyrant? I thought it is only Igbos that are "Any Government in Power"?

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by tit(f): 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
So the Oba of Lagos has publicly and voluntarily admitted to bribery!

Olorun!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by chinazaekperem2: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
ant wey dey chop vegetable, na under the vegetable en dey. yorubas killing themselves ab-initio.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Gbawe: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
@Topic.

Perhaps Tinubu is not so "irreverent" after many piously shouted that Tinubu "insulted" Yoruba Obas. If this revelation is true then some of them, for their treacherous conduct, indeed only deserve condemnation and nothing else.

It will be recalled that former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Alhaji Bola Tinubu had during the 80th birthday of the Awujale last May took a swipe at Yoruba Obas saying that most of them soiled their hands during Abacha’s regime.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Trailblazer1:

You don spoil everything. Don't bring pastors into this shit.
But I'm still with you on our first mission.
**armed to the teeth with all my arsenal**

Can we start from the oba's house?

I'm a Christian Bro. Some of dem dey eff and dey deserve to be issued visas.

As for the Obas, I suggest we start with Ole of Ife. The dude is AGIP.

We shall start at the appropriate time shaa, I'm still gathering more papers. Papers must complete before the mission begins.

Cheers Bro.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Assuming this allegation against the Oba is true, akiolu shouldn't have said this in public as an Oba he should be wise and versed on ethics.

Its not everything the eyes sees that it should disclose. I smell something funny why is akiolu sucking up to awujale ( Is there something the awujale knows and akiolu is scared and doesn't want him to spill the beans or he needs a favour from awujale).

Our leaders in Nigeria are just some bunch of clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by thwarrior72: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'm going to bookmark this topic against the day our brothers from SW start their usual rhetoric..."igbos love money than anybody"

9 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
smoothsk: Assuming this allegation against the Oba is true, akiolu shouldn't have said this in public as an Oba he should be wise and versed on ethics.

Its not everything the eyes sees that it should disclose. I smell something funny why is akiolu sucking up to awujale ( Is there something the awujale knows and akiolu is scared and doesn't want him to spill the beans or he needs a favour from awujale).

1000 likes for you.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aryzgreat: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
thwarrior72: I'm going to bookmark this topic against the day our brothers from SW start their usual rhetoric..."igbos love money than anybody"

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cool

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
smoothsk: Assuming this allegation against the Oba is true, akiolu shouldn't have said this in public as an Oba he should be wise and versed on ethics.

Not speaking up publicly against illegality is unethical so your understanding of ethics sounds very flawed..

Your leaders get away with corruption because they hide truths and facts from you so it beats me why you the end receiver of their crookedness and corrupt ways want them to keep hiding everything from you.

What a viscous and unending cycle of corruption and enabling citizenry..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

800 Ex-boko Haram Militants Get Relief Materials / Hundreds Of PDP Members Defect To APC In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Shake-up; New GOC, Theatre Commanders, Others Appointed To Tackle Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.