Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (33515 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by ezelous: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2014
Whether they both put on or put off the ring is no ones damn problem! Most of us here are worse. We know wat we go thru at home.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by dskenky(m): 8:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Hello everyone. Do you really believe the wedding ring would stop or prevent a spouse from doin what he or she wants to do..? Hmm..these days brodas and sistas..things dey happen o.
My sister once witnessed a supposedly married woman who forcefully removed her ring in an NYSC orientatyion camp so that she could commit immorality with her lover. Just imagine that! My sister told me not to imagine it o...it happened korokoro before her eyes in the camp.
My two cents (abi na kobo...?) on this is that the wedding ring doesnt make the man or the woman sanctimonious fellas; its the person regardless of a piece of metal abi na jewellry to remind you to keep your carnal desires in check.

Lets look at this angle.. i know that MFM church members dont get married in the church with a ring cos of spiritual reasons( those reasons na another day gist o...). Now assuming you meet a man that got married in that church wont you make assumptions especially immoral ones...?
IMO, Let me end by stating that the wedding ring thing is just a thing of the mind truly handed down from generations to generations.
Cos i'm sure WE all have our opinions on this issue.

Have a blessed week y'all!

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Mintayo(m): 8:20am On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: What's the big deal? They both got married so if he doesn't wear the ring, why should she?
if the man should cheats,the woman should cheat too? If the man quits his job,the woman should too? If the man dies,the woman should die too? If theman refuses to "catar" for the kids,the woman should do so too? If the man has an ego issue,the woma should too?
Well,they are both married!
Classic!

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2014
As far as I am concerned she's making a huge mistake. Not that her husband is right, but in this case two wrongs will finish the home soon. Good wives are known to be persistent and keep their marriage at all cost. If they have to bite and scratch, it will be to save their marriage.
These days, wives now think its wise to repay husbands; if he comes home late at night, you will do the same too abi?

Too many emotionally immature people get married these days.

As a matter of fact, although I do not know for sure why he did that but some men I not like rings, hand and neck chain etc. Its actually an old school mentality like some ofour fathers do too. But she'll come to see her foolishness when the marriage breaks and affects her the more.

Keep dragging roles and places with your man o. You go soon know!

Nuff said

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by thandii1: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2014
victorazy:

To show she's from a good and God fearing family, the epitom of good wife not animal like the foolish husband, wouldn't have been diff and nice?
Virtuous woman doesn't compete with her husband rather she covers his unclothedness cuz some men are mad. Is obvious they were not in good term if not she would have ask why the man not wearing his ring.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ topic, I want to believe the husband did not give a genuine reason for not using his ring. If he falls into the category of men who do not like any piece of jewellery on them and the wife is also very aware, I'm sure she wouldn't have minded. But with this reaction of hers, I think she just wasn't satisfied with his excuse.

Btw, its funny reading 'a good wife should do this, a virtuous woman shouldn't do that, a woman should keep the home, the Bible says this ,etc etc. What should a man do biko? He should just keep misbehaving while the woman submits to misbehaviour as if a home is made by only one person. A good Marriage is the hardwork of 2 people, not just one person. Lead badly, get followed badly.

7 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by kissty(f): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2014
may b d husband is tired if d mariage. wich ever way dat is dia cup of moimoi
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Dalby(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2014
If the husband commits suicide will she follow undecided undecided undecided
If her answer is YES then she will be justified angry angry angry
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2014
Both of them need to visit a marriage counselor and also a pastor as well to counsel them on the importance of putting on ur wedding ring 24/7 wen going out for them to know they are using their own hands to destroy marriage gradually. Just two years of marriage and they have already started breaking the rules lolz
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by babadey(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: And you think she hadn't asked?

This your idea of a virtuous woman is funny to me, so if a woman made the mistake of marrying an animal, she should keep covering his foolishness, clean up after him and stuff, just to prove she's virtuous? Duh!

Hear yourself!. If she made a MISTAKE!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Sometimes ladies play with fire!! You are not the man & you can't be the man

if the man refuses to wear, remember he does the chasing, the number of ladies that will hit on him is small compared to the number of men that will hit on the lady

when a man hits on a lady & she says she is married, some men will back off, other wouldn't becos they will start reading meanings to her not wearing a ring & one day her defenses will wear off

who needs to show that they are married is it the man or the woman?

It's a common thing thing that some men don't like wearing rings & some cos of the nature of their jobs(working with machines etc) but is it common with women not to wear?

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Johncuppa(m): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2014
With all these comments 4rm female nairalanders, I raise my std for chosing life partner, #she must nt be a nairalander. I knw they wil stil insult me.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by MarieSucre(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2014
Nairaland has taught me a lot. marriage in Nigeria is between a woman and her children and sometimes somemale stranger.

6 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2014
GlorifiedTunde: As far as I am concerned she's making a huge mistake. Not that her husband is right, but in this case two wrongs will finish the home soon. Good wives are known to be persistent and keep their marriage at all cost. If they have to bite and scratch, it will be to save their marriage.
These days, wives now think its wise to repay husbands; if he comes home late at night, you will do the same too abi?

Too many emotionally immature people get married these days.

As a matter of fact, although I do not know for sure why he did that but some men I not like rings, hand and neck chain etc. Its actually an old school mentality like some ofour fathers do too. But she'll come to see her foolishness when the marriage breaks and affects her the more.

Keep dragging roles and places with your man o. You go soon know!

Nuff said

so if he decides not to wear a ring because he doesnt like it, she can't decide to to the same thing too because she doesnt like hers?

If too many immature men are getting married, is it not better they break the homes so everyone can leave in peace then? undecided

A man is supposed to be loyal and protect his marriage, not matter what! He isn't keen on doing that, so what's the point of the woman playing the role when its clearly he has no intentions of protecting the marriage?

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by beetruth: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2014
I know a lady who is married to one of such selfish thing. He started with locking his phone, keeping his finances, working xtra late n every weekend and then his ring. With no explanation. Any time d wife complains or tries to ask he makes it a fight. Once beat the poor thing over his phone chats wit gals. Now the wife goes about without her ring too. Do we blame her or call her names

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2014
beetruth: I know a lady who is married to one of such selfish thing. He started with locking his phone, keeping his finances, working xtra late n every weekend and then his ring. With no explanation. Any time d wife complains or tries to ask he makes it a fight. Once beat the poor thing over his phone chats wit gals. Now the wife goes about without her ring too. Do we blame her or call her names
she clearly isnt married to a responsible man, so why act like she is?

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by freecocoa(f): 8:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Mintayo:
if the man should cheats,the woman should cheat too? If the man quits his job,the woman should too? If the man dies,the woman should die too? If theman refuses to "catar" for the kids,the woman should do so too? If the man has an ego issue,the woma should too?
Well,they are both married!
Classic!
You must be very smart to equate not wearing of ring to all of those other things.

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2014
MarieSucre: Nairaland has taught me a lot. marriage in Nigeria is between a woman and her children and maybe some male stranger.
i guess women are better off on their own

8 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2014
Johncuppa: With all these comments 4rm female nairalanders, I raise my std for chosing life partner, #she must nt be a nairalander. I knw they wil stil insult me.
its not a loss of any form on our part anyway, your absence in our lives will not affect the price of garri. Best believe it we are not bothered

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Mintayo(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2014
freecocoa: You must be very smart to equate not wearing of ring to all of those other things.

yes i know. Since they are both married ,whatever a man does,the woman should do the same too! You must have been an intelligent woman to have said that!

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by bank2k4real(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2014
Okoooooo...good for them...

Meanwhile my promo has started oooooo....make good use of this oppurtunity to do your festive fashion shopping and get your free gifts ...check my signature below for the free gifts....
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2014
harveyspecter: Sometimes ladies play with fire!! You are not the man & you can't be the man

if the man refuses to wear, remember he does the chasing, the number of ladies that will hit on him is small compared to the number of men that will hit on the lady

when a man hits on a lady & she says she is married, some men will back off, other wouldn't becos they will start reading meanings to her not wearing a ring & one day her defenses will wear off

who needs to show that they are married is it the man or the woman?

It's a common thing thing that some men don't like wearing rings & some cos of the nature of their jobs(working with machines etc) but is it common with women not to wear?

if he doesnt need to prove he is married, he shouldnt be bothered if she makes the same choice. After all is she not following the leader's example undecided

Why should she act like she is married to a ghost?

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by ekolina(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2014
This is a very flimsy excuse for a woman. I have a aunty who collected her husband's ring reason dat hers is to small and its not very visible. she wears both ring

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 29, 2014
ekolina: This is a very flimsy excuse for a woman. I have a aunty who collected her husband's ring reason dat hers is to small and its not very visible. she wears both ring
so a man simply deciding he is not going to wear his ring because he doesnt want to, is a good enough excuse abi? undecided mtchew!

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by maygah(f): 8:52am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: He's leading by example.
Wifey is a good follower kiss
lol afterall the man is the head of the family grin grin

6 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by born2boink(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2014
Even if she apply 100 wedding rings in a finger, a woman will commit adultery will surely do, some single woman are far better than married woman but wedding ring will bring dignity to any woman but doesn't stop adultery
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Johncuppa(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: its not a loss of any form on our part anyway, your absence in our lives will not affect the price of garri. Best believe it we are not bothered
yes ma. I'm just afraid d impact of dis #gender equality
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by shinel(f): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Poor her! Is she tryin to say anytin my hubby does, I give to him back? She is jst lucky to b married, she is not matured, whn she is, she wld understand men are inbuilt wit bad characters, jst leave them and face ur life wit ur kids..or else! what happen in 1932 is going to happen to her and her hubby will go free wit head up high...

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: He's leading by example.
Wifey is a good follower kiss
Hm!
She ll ae inviting guys to woo her
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Johncuppa(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: its not a loss of any form on our part anyway, your absence in our lives will not affect the price of garri. Best believe it we are not bothered
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by shinel(f): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
Poor her! Is she tryin to say anytin my hubby does, I give to him back? She is jst lucky to b married, she is not matured, whn she is, she wld understand men are inbuilt wit bad characters, jst leave them and face ur life wit ur kids..or else! what happen in 1932 is going to happen to her and her hubby will go free wit head up high...

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Johncuppa(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2014
yes ma. I'm just afraid d impact of dis #gender equality
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by ekolina(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2014
There is a saying that two wrongs can not make a right. am sure we all have heard of this quote. the best any woman or man in such situation shld do is to wear both rings with out any fight.
Mondisweets: so if he decides not to wear a ring because he doesnt like it, she can't decide to to the same thing too because she doesnt like hers?

If too many immature men are getting married, is it not better they break the homes so everyone can leave in peace then? undecided

A man is supposed to be loyal and protect his marriage, not matter what! He isn't keen on doing that, so what's the point of the woman playing the role when its clearly he has no intentions of protecting the marriage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.