Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own (33517 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2014
ekolina: There is a saying that two wrongs can not make a right. am sure we have heard of this quote. the best any woman or man in such situation shld do is to wear both rings with out any fight.
have u also heard of the saying "give and it shall be given back unto you", or "whatsoever u will sow, so shall you reap" you don't plant a bad seed and expect it to give u good crop. The truth behind your aunt's actions is probably because she knows she wont be able to cater for herself is she leaves the marriage.
Not because she is trying to save the marriage in itself.

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2014
1stCitizen:

You are so right, The kind of ladies we find here are classical examples of extreme negative influence on any good woman.
Marriage is in the heart and not on a ring.

One can excuse a spouse for not wearing wedding bands for several reasons(man or woman) but doing so out of revenge is simply petty. I doubt if majority of the women here making childish comments are married and if they are or eventually get married, I pity their marriages and not even their husbands.
if marriage is in the heart, why will the man be bothered if she takes off hers too undecided abi her ring now determines the marriage?

4 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by prowlG: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Its left for her husband to complain about it. Meanwhile checkout

Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Meldrick(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014
She is not wise. She will only succeed in scatterring her home with her rebellious act. I don't know what is wrong with some of the women of these days. Gosh. You pull your ring because your husband is not wearing his. When he sleeps with other women, she should also look for men to sleep with her nau. Smhhhh

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2014
synergycom19: The wife doesn't have the same rights like the husband.It's not biblical, rather it's the westernised import into christianity that makes it seem so
african marriages dont come with rings, so why scream foul, when she decides to be " less westernised" by removing her ring?

6 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2014
Lathunjimi: If I had a wife, I would totally restrict her from Nairaland Forum b'cos all the 21st century girls here can easily corrupt her. Talking of the man who doesn't wear his wedding ring, it's not an excuse for the wife not to wear hers too as long as his reasons for not wearing it is genuine and not for the intent to indulge in infidelity. But Aproko ladies and guys here said things like "tit for tat", "that served him right" etc how is the case yours to judge, abi kilo kan yin mbe? The wife's better drop her ego for the marriage to work while the husband respects and love her cos that is his primary assignment not wearing or not wearing rings. To me it is a pure misplaced priority due to pride, ego, insensitivity etc. No wonder marriages don't last in our age cos it's mostly two stupid individuals in a goal-less union not marriage is what we have these days.
and this is the very reason u dont have one smiley

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: if he doesnt need to prove he is married, he shouldnt be bothered if she makes the same choice. After all is she not following the leader's example undecided

Why should she act like she is married to a ghost?

It's not about being bothered or proving one is married or not, that's not my point

I can be friends with a lady & know where to draw the line, a lady might not be able to do that reason being, the man does the chasing

So I can decide to draw the line & not hit on her but the lady on the other hand can decide to draw the line but the guy knowing what he wants might continually bombard her either implicitly or explicitly

Most affairs didn't start one day, it was gradual

My point is the man does certain things & gets away with it, but the lady does the same & It boomerangs on her
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by WhyAWhy(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2014
berem: you call it silly metal? A symbol of union blessed by an ordained man of God is what you call a silly metal?

Smh

Thank God you said "symbol". It's not different from wearing a crucifix pendant to identify with salvation. Adam and Eve never wore rings.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by victorazy(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2014
thandii1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ topic, I want to believe the husband did not give a genuine reason for not using his ring. If he falls into the category of men who do not like any piece of jewellery on them and the wife is also very aware, I'm sure she wouldn't have minded. But with this reaction of hers, I think she just wasn't satisfied with his excuse.

Btw, its funny reading 'a good wife should do this, a virtuous woman shouldn't do that, a woman should keep the home, the Bible says this ,etc etc. What should a man do biko? He should just keep misbehaving while the woman submits to misbehaviour as if a home is made by only one person. A good Marriage is the hardwork of 2 people, not just one person. Lead badly, get followed badly.

2 wrong heads can't make it right!
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2014
harveyspecter:

It's not about being bothered or proving one is married or not, that's not my point

I can be friends with a lady & know where to draw the line, a lady might not be able to do that reason being, the man does the chasing

So I can decide to draw the line & not hit on her but the lady on the other hand can decide to draw the line but the guy knowing what he wants might continually bombard her either implicitly or explicitly

My point is the man does certain things & gets away with it, but the lady does the same & It boomerangs on her
thats an absolute lie, even if a man does the chasing its still remains her choice whether to accept him, friendzone him or completely reject him.

My dear what u sow is what you will reap, if u act like someone who had no intentions of saving your marriage as the head best believe me it will crumble. Use your economy as an example, greed and corruption isn't making your nation any better. Same applies to marriage if you are disloyal and irresponsible head, don't expect to walk into a happy and put together home everyday. As a head your actions will determine if u will have a happy home or not. No wonder some men raise children that aren't biologically theirs and they will go to the grave without knowing, some of yall simply deserve it smiley

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2014
victorazy:

2 wrong heads can't make it right!
the first wrong didnt make it right either undecided

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2014
jennykadry: Both of them are silly.

Please we all know some "Nigerian" men are not into wearing ring and sometimes it has nothing to do with toasting Girls outside. Most girls prefer them married sef...no commitment no headache no stress. If the man's excuse for not wearing a ring is genuine one then she needs to get her head checked.

If she does not want to wear her ring because; she hates wearing any kind of jewelry or forgets her ring at her bedside table most of the time...then good for her. But don't tell me that you don't wear your ring because your husband does not wear his.

That's just plain silly.

Mschewww all these yeye people getting married sef.
God bless you jenny.
The woman is very silly. she should not complain when all these small boys start hitting on her or make funny comments about her nyash or bosom. because since there is no ring on her finger they won't know she is married.
With ring or without ring men go after young girls. Even the ones with rings womanise the most.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Meldrick(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: and this is the very reason u dont have one smiley
I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS AND I DOUBT YOU ARE MARRIED BUT IF YOUR GET MARRIED WITH THIS ORIENTATION. AM SO SORRY

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 29, 2014
Meldrick:
I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS AND I DOUBT YOU ARE MARRIED BUT IF YOUR GET MARRIED WITH THIS ORIENTATION. AM SO SORRY
wait hold up... shocked shocked shocked let me see if i can even give an inch of a f*ck undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by josite: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2014
its not her fault.it is the failure of due dilligence on the part of her hubby.he made the fatal error of marrying a tit for taT WIFE.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by lastpage: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2014
Truckpusher: Sometimes, as a leader ,you dictate.
It's all for the good of everyone that's involved.

Excess freedom for everybody is bad, someone need to be in charge ,but wisely with love and a listening ear. kiss

GBAM!
This qualifies for "Quote of the Month"!

As for the said marriage, it is DOOMED already! wink wink
Like its said, "An eye for an Eye... makes everyone BLIND"! grin grin

Wearing of Wedding Ring does not SCARE ANYONE away anymore! grin grin

Infact, experience has shown that "Married people' (especially women) are more promiscuous than Singles!
They just use the Wedding ring to "DEFLECT SUSPICION" from naive people!

"Most" (not all, mind you) Married women love and relish the challenge of being toasted, wooed and phucked in a "clandestine manner"! grin grin
Ditto married men; they seek and relish the challenge of relieving their "long gone" ADVENTUROUS CONQUEST of LADIES and taste of (new?) punnany!

The Wedding Ring, in its "current status", with our decayed sense of morality, is nothing but a waste of money and a Sham!
Just my opinion anyway.

Lastpage!

Caveat: You might disagree with my opinion..and rightly so, please express yours without foaming from both sides of the mouth like a Rabid Dog, that way, everyone can understand what you are trying say! wink undecided

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2014
harveyspecter:

You are so realistic.
God bless you.
She should not complain when one small boy is following her up the street trying to woo her. Even if people tell the guy to free a married woman he will think it's just an excuse because he saw no ring on her finger.
There is this special respect people give to married women in the church, market, inside bus, street infact everywhere.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: thats an absolute lie, even if a man does the chasing its still remains her choice whether to accept him, friendzone him or completely reject him.

My dear what u sow is what you will reap, if u act like someone who had no intentions of saving your marriage as the head best believe me it will crumble. Use your economy as an example, greed and corruption isn't making your nation any better. Same applies to marriage if you are disloyal and irresponsible head, don't expect to walk into a happy and put together home everyday. As a head your actions will determine if u will have a happy home or not. No wonder some men raise children that aren't biologically theirs and they will go to the grave without knowing, some of yall simply deserve it smiley

I completely agree with your second paragraph but with the first, I don't quite agree

While you're correct that it is left to a woman to accept a man or reject, but you're forgetting what "comparison" can do in any relationship

Firstly, I don't support the idea of married folks or those in serious relationships to makes friends with members of opposite sex

whenever a lady has an issue with her man & the persons that she pours out to is this friend, what do you think will happen over time? It could lead to an affair or a one time sex

haven't you heard of cases where men took advantage of ladies at their weakest point(I'm not talking about rape o)

If those men weren't close to them in the first instance, they wouldn't have been able to sleep with them

Hope u get my point
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by modestdude(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: While hubby removed his own to attract more women.
Balanced equation grin
when some Ladies don't care whether you are married or not. Without denying that not wearing any is worse, Men spotting the ring nowadays is not a clear sign of fidelity. So ladies don't be deceived o. My advise to her is to play her own part of the marital bargain and let his conscience arrest him or karma judge him if ever he is cheating

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: if marriage is in the heart, why will the man be bothered if she takes off hers too undecided abi her ring now determines the marriage?
The men do the chasing remember?
What if the husband decides not to toast any girl, Can the wife decide or have any power over the guys that will come up to toast her. because as long as there is no ring on a finger I don't blame any guy that walks up to a lady he likes.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by fireforfire: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Ok .... thats y i prefer wedding or sealing a marriagr with the bible instead.
The word of God unites better n stronger than any ring be it 14 or 100 carat gold.

so does removin d ring signify divorce or problem in dqt marriage
im sure thats d signal it sends out
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
What if the husband decides not to toast any girl, Can the wife decide or have any power over the guys that will come up to toast her. because as long as there is no ring on a finger I don't blame any guy that walks up to a lady he likes.

You just summarized what I was trying to pass across, it's only a feminist that wouldn't agree with this
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2014
modestdude: when some Ladies don't care whether you are married or not. Without denying that not wearing any is worse, Men spotting the ring nowadays is not a clear sign of fidelity. So ladies don't be deceived o. My advise to her is to play her own part of the marital bargain and let his conscience arrest him or karma judge him if ever he is cheating
When married men after showing you their rings, picture of their wives and kids will still be toasting you.
Na only God go save us.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by greall1: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2014
I only pity the lady. Sincerely speaking is not advisable for d lady to remove her ring.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
undecided you are not making any sense, has every woman you walked up to simply said yes because u toasted her? Every woman decides if a relationship will exist or it will be non-exsistent. She has the power to reject the advances or accept them

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Lathunjimi(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Mondisweets: and this is the very reason u dont have one smiley

Hey lady watch your chat and apply some manners, as much as I respect ladies I don't tolerate stupidity from anyone. Try and seee the corrective aspect of my comments and stop being unnecessarily defensive and abusive. God has given us knowledge but it's a pity that just few people utilises it which differentiates between the wise and the foolish that only follow trends. Don't let me talk please.
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2014
greall1: I only pity the lady. Sincerely speaking is not advisable for d lady to remove her ring.
and it sincerely isn't advisable for a man to be removing his either, i also pity him because he marked the downfall of his own marriage too

6 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 29, 2014
If you truthfully believe the ring doesnt mean anything to your marriage or does not signiify faithfulness, then why are you bothered that your wife does not want to put on her ring? What if she is not a ring person like me? If it means something to you for a woman to put on her ring then you should also wear yours too. Be consistent. if you are for something, then stand by it. if you are against it then remain against it. Stop the double standards, they dnt make sense at all to a human with a working brain!!! This Headship role men love to shout about, they dnt even know what it is about. You are to lead by example and instill good morals on your children. when your children see that you are not wearing your ring but their mother is wearing hers, what are you as a HEAD teaching them? YOU SEE HOW CHILDREN COPY BAD MORALS FROM PARENTS? You guys dnt ever think about these things. You twist the bible to suit your selfish desires. You only remember bible when you want to argue about who is the Head but forget it when you are commiting adultery and other atrocities!! You dnt even knw your role as the Head but you believe as the Head you are free to do whatever you want. Is that what you were taught in the bible? Selfish lots!! No wonder feminism is on the rise!!

Point of correction, wearing the ring DOES NOT SIGNIFY FAITHFULNESS. If a married woman wants to cheat, she can cheat either with the ring on or off her finger. And men would see her and chase her still. The same men that criticise cheating women, are they not the same people who chase these same married women, even with their ring on? You people should stop being HYPOCRITES. Be consistent.

The woman in the Op is tired of her own marriage. for a woman to remove her ring means they have issues in that marriage. Thats their cup of garri.

6 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Lathunjimi:

Hey lady watch your chat and apply some manners, as much as I respect ladies I don't tolerate stupidity from anyone. Try and seee the corrective aspect of my comments and stop being unnecessarily defensive and abusive. God has given us knowledge but it's a pity that just few people utilises it which differentiates between the wise and the foolish that only follow trends. Don't let me talk please.
you want to apply " manners" that you cant display in your own posts. I agree with you its a pity God gave knowledge to foolish people who are first to preach what they don't practice

5 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2014
modestdude: when some Ladies don't care whether you are married or not. Without denying that not wearing any is worse, Men spotting the ring nowadays is not a clear sign of fidelity. So ladies don't be deceived o. My advise to her is to play her own part of the marital bargain and let his conscience arrest him or karma judge him if ever he is cheating
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Yemisi63: 9:47am On Sep 29, 2014
All nigerians should read why http://naijasinglegirl.net/president-gej-needs-to-ban-instagram-in-place-of-pomo/ and thank me later. Lmao
Re: She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own by Mavrick2012: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: Leaders don't dictate.
Only bad rulers do.
So choose the one you want to be.
A bad ruler or a good leader.

'Wisely' can't be used to describe a man who removes his wedding ring while expecting wifey to wear hers.
If he's not a proud husband,then he better call it quits.
What's he hiding? His marital status?

If they agreed to wear rings,then he better put the damn thing on and stop being silly.
i hear u aunty,
today you are claiming "a leader must lead by example", if the table turns against a woman you will still be the first to preach "dont give evil for evil" or "he is not a matured man"
i dey watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.