Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle (22766 Views)

Biafra Comment: Benjamin Adekunle Daughter Gets Death Threats / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0rlando0woh: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2014
From OPC
FG must give Benjamin Adekunle a hero’s burial

Adekunle may not be a hero to Biafrans, but he will forever be a hero to Nigerians. He fought for the unity of Nigeria but unfortunately, Nigeria neglected him. For five years, he was ill and no one cared for him. Now that he is dead, Nigeria owes it a duty to give him a burial matching his stature as a national hero. This, the Federal Government must give him. And it must not stop at burial, a national monument should be named after him. www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/politics/item/16472-fg-must-give-benjamin-adekunle-a-hero-s-burial-gani-adams/16472-fg-must-give-benjamin-adekunle-a-hero-s-burial-gani-adams
Unfortunately Mr Gani, none of those happened.
He was still abandoned by the Government, fellow Yorubas and former colleagues after death.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Dear Ode.kunle, hope u are enjoying ur waterbed in hell? Do you know that you are being buried just like a church rat?

12 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2014
berem: that's to show you the extent of the crime he committed during the Biafran-Nigeria war. I won't pray for him to rot in hell but he and Adolf Hitler would be judged by God side by side when the time comes.

angry angry

What crimes, if I may ask?

All is fair in war!

1 Like

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Dear Ode.kunle, hope u are enjoying ur waterbed in hell? Do you know that you are being buried just like a church rat?!!! Rot in hell dummy.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2014
The black scorpion has finally gone home.

If there's an afterlife, I hope you keep shooting at any thing that moves and does not move.

Sun re o, Ekun oko Yiibo!

11 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0rlando0woh: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Where was Gowon who sent this man on errand during the burial?
It seems it is only low-life internet warriors that value this man.
Obasanjo: No
Gowon: No
Babangida: No

17 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 8:59am On Oct 04, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Dear Ode.kunle, hope u are enjoying ur waterbed in hell? Do you know that you are being buried just like a church rat?!!! Rot in hell dummy.

Was your Mother r@ped during the war?

1 Like

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2014
0merta:

All is fair in war!
All is not fair when you shoot at defenseless men,women and children. I don't refer that as being Heroic.

Meanwhile,when is Yakubu Gowon going to meet his own waterloo? Can't wait for all those living who took part in the killing and starving of Biafrans to join their ancestors.

angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2014
0merta:

Was your Mother r@ped during the war?
no,ode.kunle Ra.ped yours in ibadan before going to war and that was how you came to this world!!! By the way,have you finished washing my car? Do it fast,dummy!

17 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by nwafuluozoh: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2014
meforyou1: I don't care whether the war criminal adekunle is dead or alive. He must still face war crime charges in the hague
grin grin grin grin. He was judged several times over and found guilty.
1. Poverty indicted him and never departed from his household.
2. Deadly diseases found him quilty and ravaged him mercilessly.
3. Begging without receiving became his hobby.

4. Abandonment by those whom he loved and served most.

5. He 'lived' mad for 40 years with the sound of wails of the people he murdered ringing in his ears.

6. Was already dead for 3 days before his body was discovered. The maggots were already judging him.

7. His own burial judged him (u no see pishures).

8. His own boss Satan will make him his b1tch for another 40 years.
9. He will reincarnate as millipede in Igbo land.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2014
0merta:

All is fair in war!

All is not fair in war. I am a father and anybody that trades his weapon at children, war or not, will never get my respect. It's a sign of weakness. It's pathetic that in this age someone is saying that all is fair in war. It is not an ethnic issue. It's about humanity.

11 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2014
0rlando0woh:
Where was Gowon who sent this man on errand during the burial?
It seems it is only low-life internet warriors that value this man.
Obasanjo: No
Gowon: No
Babangida: No
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2014
kITATITA:
Gowon and Obasanjo are also war heros; highly respected by both parties in the conflict and less controversial. Meanwhile Adekunle who played a smaller role is vilified by a section of the country to the extent that few people associated with him before his death. The big question is how do you do your job? Sometimes, result is no the most important aspect of every task.
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2014
berem:
All is not fair when you shoot at defenseless men,women and children. I don't refer that as being Heroic.

Meanwhile,when is Yakubu Gowon going to meet his own waterloo? Can't wait for those who took part in the killing and starving of Biafrans to join their ancestors.

angry angry

Ever heard of women and kids being used as spies and baits during wars? Read books on wars, madam and you'll know even old-looking, frail women ain't to be trusted in war times.

Wars ain't cool, you know! It brings out the beast even in the most righteous and pacifist of Mortals.

Stop blaming, Adekunle! He was only earning a living, doing his job and following orders. Instead, blame Ojukwu who led his people to a senseless war that he was not fully prepared for.

Okay?

5 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2014
kITATITA:
Gowon and Obasanjo are also war heros; highly respected by both parties in the conflict and less controversial. Meanwhile Adekunle who played a smaller role is vilified by a section of the country to the extent that few people associated with him before his death. The big question is how do you do your job? Sometimes, result is no the most important aspect of every task.
Adekunle had executed about 3/4 of the task of the 3 Marine Commando Division as the GOC before he was relieved, and Obasanjo took over.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by BlackTechnology: 9:09am On Oct 04, 2014
berem:

Meanwhile,when is Yakubu Gowon going to meet his own waterloo? Can't wait for all those living who took part in the killing and starving of Biafrans to join their ancestors.

angry angry

We will see how Gowon will be celebrated when he is gone
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
God Punish the useless bastard mod that hid my post.

You did not see the outright display of hate and mockery of innocent children here but chose to delete my post.

As I said YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM.

Yorubas instituted corruption, nepotism and tribalism in the Civil Service after the civil war. The spoils of war dictated that they occupy the civil service. Guess how that turned out. If the Hausa/Fulani can be blamed for years of rot because they occupied the top spot, the Yorubas should bear full responsibility as well because they were the technocrats and civil servants.

Yorubas Pioneered drug trafficking in the 70's and they are still heavily invovled in it. While other tribes can't be exempted from this form of criminality and National image tainting, the Yorubas are by far more shameless in the game as majority of drug couriers invovle respected personalities within the Yoruba society. Assiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu started off as a drug mule and then rose to be a major drug traffiker. Even the demograph of drug mules till this day reflect the corrupt mentality of the Yoruba people with Middle aged women and men and celebrities forming the bulk of traffickers from that region. In essence, the Yoruba middle and upper class have more drug tainted individuals than other tribes. This is in stark opposite to the average young hustler from the east stereotype hoping to eke a livelihood.

Yorubas are also known for armed robberies, serial rapists, touts, gangsterism and ritual killings. The self description of a sophisticated race is nothing but a myth. Yoruba politicians are touts and quick to use violence to attain power. Compare the Osun elections to that of Anambra. There were over 10 candidates of significant weight and sway in the Anambra elections but not a single case of political violence or death was recorded in the build up to the election. Compare that to the Osun elections with cases of violence and recorded deaths over some back water voodoo enclave position. The police intercepted some government sponsored touts from Osun who where sent to cause mayhem. They are still rotting in jail as I type.

Here are a list of some other notable Yoruba cultural contributions to Nigeria;

1. Omonile (a bunch of lazy touts claiming indegene harassing property developers for money)

2. Face me I face you architecture. 20 rooms with one toilet.

3. Pure water retailing

4. Tap water retailing.

5. Pomo

6. Danfo and Molue

7. Motor Park touts. Virtually all the touts in Abuja are Yorubas from Osun. Go figure.

8. Ritual killings and voodoo. Hardly is there not any venture a yoruba man does not refer to his voodoo for assistance. Be it wooing a woman or keeping her in check (magun), getting a promotion or getting rid of the competition.

9. Yorubas have the highest GDP of Bastards. Ask Tuface. With 4 baby mamas, 3 are yoruba. Tuface did well to marry the lone calabar girl. Almost all scandals involve yoruba women and hardly is there any celebrity who has a child out of wedlock whose babymama isnt yoruba.

10. Yorubas are dirty. This is not debatable as this is obviously fact.

11. Yorubas invented child hawking.

12. Yorubas use children to beg

13. Yoruba men and women have the highest case of infidelity and divorce.

14. Yorubas destroyed Britain and Ireland with their welfare claiming lazy bums.

F.A.T.A.L.I.T.Y

9 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Remarkable: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2014
LWKMD! Peeps will say anything when standing on their hind legs... all of a sudden Osun governor is a corrupt politician?

TribalEAST:
he wasn't invited. Have you put into consideration the fact that adekunle, in his last words, could have ordered his family not to allow any corrupt politician near his burial? Only fashola was qualified enough

11 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Ishilove: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2014
aryzgreat:
Lmao not even a presidential cleaner was sent, this one na family burial. The coffin no reach 3k. So osun state no fit buy coffin from ebony undertakers. The vegetable even got swallowed inside the roadside made coffin that fashola was bending neck to see if anything was inside.

See the poor looking family on cheap baby lace. What a way to bury a 'hero'

Rot in hell ode.kunle
Are you trying to be mischievous??
Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2014
kITATITA:

All is not fair in war. I am a father and anybody that trades his weapon at children, war or not, will never get my respect. It's a sign of weakness. It's pathetic that in this age someone is saying that all is fair in war. It is not an ethnic issue. It's about humanity.
As simple as that!

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Adekunle had executed about 3/4 of the task of the 3 Marine Commando Division as the GOC before he was relieved, and Obasanjo took over.

Obasanjo concluded the task with professionalism and less hatred. He received the instrument of surrender from Phillip Effiong and supervised the protection and free passage of those in serious need. He did his job. There's ethical requirement in every task.He gained overwhelming votes from the former Biafran enclave when he returned to governance. You cannot compare him with Adekunle.

2 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2014
R.I.P Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle.

The Man who murdered sleep in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Balkan(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2014
TribalEAST:
he wasn't invited. Have you put into consideration the fact that adekunle, in his last words, could have ordered his family not to allow any corrupt politician near his burial? Only fashola was qualified enough
check and see fashola's face it seems the man is smelling already. He could not at the rotten black scorpion.

13 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Remarkable: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2014
are you two really this politically naïve? to think that if Igbos alone vote for a particular candidate, he or she would win?

so they lost because Igbos didn't vote for them?

so the 3rd place Ojukwu got in the presidential race, the votes he got was from yorubas, hausas and other Nigerians, save for Igbos?

I really don't get how you guys' brain works sometimes when you say some things you do.. it seems dislike for Igbos causes some type of reverse reasoning... I really dunno...

Tolexander:
not even to fight for him during the alleged rigged senatorial election he contested.

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2014
Contd..

Yorubas are still the Problem and will continue to be

Yorubas due to their selfishness, greed and enemy of progress mentality are squarely to be blamed for the neglect and decay of the Oil Producing areas.

Yorubas were appointed juicy positions on the NNPC boards and Ministry Of Petreoluem after the Civil War. They used their new found position to dictate to multi-National oil companies to hire their own people (tribalism and Nepotism).

These local employees of the Oil companies either pocketed money meant for community development or told the oil company oyibos to ignore the demands of the community or waved aside blatant environmental abuses.

Not all of them were even qualified to get a job into these oil companies in the first place. The case of Bola Ahmed Tinubu ( a known street tout mobilizer for Awolowo and Bola Ige in the 70's and confirm drug trafficker) is prime example. Tinubu is forgerer of everything he claims to be. Even his name is fake.

Tinubu happens to be the most prominent Yoruba politician today and the defacto head of the Yoruba rubish

10 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by 0merta(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2014
kITATITA:

Obasanjo concluded the task with professionalism and less hatred. He received the instrument of surrender from Phillip Effiong and supervised the protection and free passage of those in serious need. He did his job. There's ethical requirement in every task.He gained overwhelming votes from the former Biafran enclave when he returned to governance. You cannot compare him with Adekunle.

Ojukwu once admitted that he wished he had an "Adekunle" in the Biafran Army.

If Adekunle had been in the Biafran army and Biafra had been victorious, don't you think he would have been a hero in Igboland today and the next person to succeed Ojukwu as the president of Biafra?

You are only embittered 'cos Adekunle was on the opposite side.

Wars are cruel and bitter but all is fair in wars, Nigger!

4 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2014
It is laughable that Ndigbo who could not stand Adekunle in the battle front are wishing him bad. RIP my hero. When you get to the world beyond, make sure you deal with your goat, Ojukwu.

3 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Seems like the yorobbers are helpless on this thread? Oh,what a shame! CNN breaking news:-Yoruba hero buried like a rat in lagos nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by waternogetenemy: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2014
The difference is clear... Emirs atttend Ojukwu send off, abeg show me one Northerner in this Odekunle funeral? Pictures are worth a thousand word. Even the CDS or the Northern Naval Chief did not attend.

In fact North is too far sef, show me a notable yoruba person in this occassion. grin grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Yorubas invented the term stomach infrastructure.

Yorubas are dirt poor. Forget the few kleptomaniacs that got rich from government subsidy or outright embezzlement.

To get a yoruba man to vote for you, you need to give him food

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Nigeria Is Negotiable, Say Soyinka, Dickson, Others / NIA Probe: Presidency Schemes To Shield Kingibe, Kyari & Rufai- Sahara Reporters / Reno Omokri On Media Obsession With Cleavage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.