Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (84202 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by pickabeau1: 11:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I will GLADLY contribute.

I won't mind chipping in myself

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
pickabeau1:

I won't mind chipping in myself

I am sure we are not the only ones.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by delishpot: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
damiso:
I don't get how we humans reason so if this child had been aborted how would there have been a child to kidnap now.

My sister, na so e be. Some time ago some otondos here were saying its their right to force a woman get an abortionif they choose not to be involved in the child's life. See how low some men can go?
This is an example of some naija men mentality. They ask for an abortion then turn around and claim the child ad theirs and they deserve to keep it. A woman will be pregnant for 9 months, the guy did not support her for a day. She had the baby, raised her alone for 2 years( any parent will understand how hard pregnancy can be on the expectant parents talkless of only one parent carrying the whole wahala) then all of a sudden, the mumu old cargo comes and steals her from the mom. Na wa o.
Its well. This life sha.

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2014

The useless baby daddy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by pickabeau1: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am sure we are not the only ones.

She has to be strategic

Let her get a lawyer who can work the case even pro bono or something
The angles r too many

Kidnapping
Child trafficking

They file a report in UK, EU and interpol
UK high commission
Travel ban

They will now contact Nigerian Police

Stinking up the place....

The lady must be strategic

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Annette Ehiemere

THE NAME OF THE CRIMINAL.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Anyone from PH who knows the family. Tell these wicked people to bring the girl back to her mother.

The name of the wicked "grandma"

Annette Ehiemere
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by delishpot: 12:05am On Oct 10, 2014
soulglo:

SMH. PLEASE STOP ALREADY. She needs enlightenment? You have the balls to say that when you clearly are advocating kidnapping. A crime that in Nigeria is treated almost like murder is treated. Many people in Nigeria support the death penalty for kidnapping and more importantly it is a criminal offense in Nigeria. The problem though with you Nigerians, yes I said "YOU NIGERIANS" is that you guys have no respect for the law. Lawlessness is a way of life for you. Disobedience and uncivilized behavior is applauded and tradition and culture are thrown in when people stubbornly want to justify their vile behavior. There is one federal republic of nigeria and one constitution. It makes allowances for certain traditions but not to help you carry your ignorance to a foreign country and run back to Nigeria were people like you who help hoard criminals and keep Nigeria a shit hole abound. I keep telling people that Nigeria's problem is largely the people and not the government. If it was the government then she would kidnap that child and stay in a different city. She ran to Nigeria because she knows that most people will turn a blind eye to this horrible thing. I hope they smoke her out like a rat and make her an example of her. Quite frankly I am tired of people thumbing their noses at Nigerian law as if these are mere suggestions and not the LAW OF THE LAND. This woman has broken the law in at least two countries and she will have to answer for it.

Not all of us sha. But yes, some nigerians are wicked and evil. Who will ever think a 2 year old will be better off with her dad when its not like her mom is a junkie or prostitute? If the mom takes good care of her and protects and keeps the child safe, why in the wide world would some insane persone think the child would be betteroff to live with a man she did not know, a man who wanted her abborted, a man who did not care when she was brought into the world a man who prolly has another woman now who can never love this child as her own( any woman or man with a child he/ she loves, will know that you can never love another persons child like you love yours) how can any sane person think the 2 year old will fare better there?
Plus only a dunce will believe that naija courts just give kids to dads without looking deep into the dads and moms lives first before the decision of who to release the child to is made. Which kain mumu talk is that? I just hope that otondo will not take that lie to foreigners o. Haba.
The grand ma kidnapped the child and only an adult with an abusive mom will consider such act an act of kindness. Cos he or she wished they had such intervention from their own abusive moms while they were growing up.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by evea: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2014
Sue dem 2 court. get ur child bk
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 12:15am On Oct 10, 2014
am not like you,am not brain washed am pure breed,my passport if full,yet i cant stay outside Africa for more than 2 weeks but nothing can put me against African way of life

carefreewannabe:

You would fly out of Nigeria TONIGHT if you could.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 12:17am On Oct 10, 2014
that's what the girl should have agreed to before going to hide behind uk law

aderonila18:

If it's about the best interest of the child then he wouldn't have separated her from her mother . Children especially of that age need their mother. Why didn't he work on a co stodgy agreement where the child will stay with one parent during the school term and another during the holiday? That way the child will get the love and attention of both sides
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 12:19am On Oct 10, 2014
you care about the woman but don't care about the man,that is what you are telling me.
secondly African psychology is different from the white man even a fool knows that

carefreewannabe:

Yeah, it is a BIG advantage to take the child away from the mother the child was used to. Big advantage.

http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/articles/impact-of-parental-child-abduction/
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 10, 2014
onoja12:
you care about the woman but don't care about the man,that is what you are telling me.
secondly African psychology is different from the white man even a fool knows that

I didn't know child abduction was African culture.

I thought child abduction was Boko Haram's job.

8 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 12:31am On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The useless baby daddy.

With those looks, more babies are surely on the way from a plethora of women.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by soulglo: 12:33am On Oct 10, 2014
delishpot:

Not all of us sha. But yes, some nigerians are wicked and evil. Who will ever think a 2 year old will be better off with her dad when its not like her mom is a junkie or prostitute? If the mom takes good care of her and protects and keeps the child safe, why in the wide world would some insane persone think the child would be betteroff to live with a man she did not know, a man who wanted her abborted, a man who did not care when she was brought into the world a man who prolly has another woman now who can never love this child as her own( any woman or man with a child he/ she loves, will know that you can never love another persons child like you love yours) how can any sane person think the 2 year old will fare better there?
Plus only a dunce will believe that naija courts just give kids to dads without looking deep into the dads and moms lives first before the decision of who to release the child to is made. Which kain mumu talk is that? I just hope that otondo will not take that lie to foreigners o. Haba.
The grand ma kidnapped the child and only an adult with an abusive mom will consider such act an act of kindness. Cos he or she wished they had such intervention from their own abusive moms while they were growing up.

I know not all but the ones who want to do the right thing get bullied into not doing it. Many times they have to hide and do it so society won't tear them to shreds. People put tradition and religion before humanity in Nigeria and it just drives me crazy.

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 10, 2014
MsNas:

E ma wo were yi sha? cheesy See them twisting facts? The baby belongs to the guy now despite the fact that they were not married? Ori e ti yi tipe-tipe. undecided
Note where he used "In Igbo customary law, if he is married to the girl". He is not generalising
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by soulglo: 12:35am On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 12:36am On Oct 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LEARN TO READ!

SHE DIDN'T HIDE.

SHE LET THE WICKED GRANDMA LIVE IN HER APARTMENT.

Why did the child have a passport?

Or what documents were used to take her out of Britain?

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 12:40am On Oct 10, 2014
onila:

the grandmother is from Barbados, west Indies

Ok, that explains the appearance.
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 12:43am On Oct 10, 2014
So, what we have here is an allegation of a missing child, allegedly kidnapped by the grandmother, no birth certificate in possession of the mother, child's nationality unknown, parents' nationality not yet clear.

Is the mother going to get a replacement birth certificate for the child?

Whose names are on the original document?
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onila(f): 12:55am On Oct 10, 2014
itstpia1:
So, what we have here is an allegation of a missing child, allegedly kidnapped by the grandmother, no birth certificate in possession of the mother, child's nationality unknown, parents' nationality not yet clear.

Is the mother going to get a replacement birth certificate for the child?

Whose names are on the original document?

the parents are both Nigerian

the girl is yoruba while hes igbo
Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 10, 2014
can someone Pls educate me on how

the grand mum got hold of the baby's passport & even the birth certificate

how immigration allowed an advanced woman to pass through with a 2yr old baby ? Without the presence of the mother or a letter(even this I'm not too sure it applies)

The mother stated the baby hasn't travelled out of the country before, so how did she pass thru immigration??

the story isn't complete at all, it's one sided

2 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2014
The mother messed up big time - why would you allow the child's biological father's mother stay with you at all. This is how you know that this young girl did not suffer enough at the hands of this man.

I am still confused as to why the mother did not specifically state to the passport office that no one can travel with her daughter other than her or obtain travel documents without her consent. i mean i know ukba are incompetent - but to this level?

well I feel for the mother and this 2 year old, one has to remember that nigeria is one of the countries that has not signed up to an international child abduction convention - so I believe that if the child has dual citizenship or solely nigerian citizenship she may have problems getting the child back, however if the child is solely British I honestly think less twitter and more time with the met police.

This child needs to be returned and for all these families that allow women to go thru pregnancy alone and the first 2 years (first 2 difficult years) alone only to claim what you denied - I hope God punishes you very well.

7 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by itstpia1: 1:19am On Oct 10, 2014
onila:

the parents are both Nigerian

the girl is yoruba while hes igbo

Ok

So, its assumed the child would have a nigerian passport or travelling papers.

The mother did not know when the grandma got these, or she ( the mother) already had them then showed them to the grandma?

Does the mum have a record of the child's birth from the hospital?

Where are the mother's relatives?

Btw, in Igboland, children born out of wedlock usually belong to the mother. This case is different because times have changed maybe?

3 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by onoja12: 1:22am On Oct 10, 2014
a father can not abduct his child

carefreewannabe:

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 10, 2014
Hey chill mr,i dnt depend on welfare neither do my 2kids, my husband work hard to care for me and kids,and am a fulltime home maker and enjoying every bit of it,but for those who depend on it,its very ok for them,its a working economy that assists their citizens,not African nations where children die of hunger and diseases simply because parents cannot afford it,are you now saying the uk govt should stop immigration because of welfare immigrants are getting?common,they are smarter than us African to have reached that stage,and they are not complaining,you should rather be ashamed that Africans particularly Nigeria is not giving so much to its citizens upon all the available resources,we are supposed to be feeding the whole of African nations with parts of Europe joined together because God richly blessed us,so now mr,i expect you to charge your greedy leaders to ICC or kidnap or kill them one after the other so you can all enjoy the wealth God gave you.dnt blame anyone for collecting welfare,its everyones right here as long as you are legal to receive it.
donedy:

Like 50Cariber wrote, the issue is not about the baby is about the fact she won't be getting paid anymore. Negroes, especially Ofe people, have drained a once vibrant economy dry! Say no immigration! It attract lazy bunch that will use any means to get free stuff.

If this is true, Bank of England will be smiling; good riddance to a low-life who depends on welfare.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 10, 2014
how much is this benefit self - do people actually think that a MOTHER is crying because of £20 a week child benefit. wow

http://www.pact-online.org/Advice/advice-action-guide-pact-parents-and-abducted-children-together-parental-abduction-missing-children-associate-of-icmec.html

http://www.thefamilylawco.co.uk/child-abduction/what-is-parental-child-abduction/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-parental-child-abduction

anyone that knows the mother should direct her to these sites and inform her to contact a lawyer/seek legal aid (if eligible) and contact the FCO and Met police.

http://www.reunite.org/

1 Like

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by BaddieKay(f): 1:36am On Oct 10, 2014
Alot of silly and stupid people commenting sh*it here...That grandmum is a very wicked and heartless criminal,how would she feel if some1 kidnaps any of her children?Thats d thing with guys,u get her pregnant and u runaway 4rm ur responsibility(@least accepting its urs)den later wen shes bn through sum tough and bad times u resurface to claim a child u gave up.

If d father wants his kid,der better ways to go about it,d lady here has a good heart(4 allowing d grandmum into her home) and i think she wont deny d guy from seeing his kid anytime he wants.Kidnapping isn't d way out no matter wt d situation might be

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by soulglo: 1:47am On Oct 10, 2014
cotton101:
The mother messed up big time - why would you allow the child's biological father's mother stay with you at all. This is how you know that this young girl did not suffer enough at the hands of this man.

I am still confused as to why the mother did not specifically state to the passport office that no one can travel with her daughter other than her or obtain travel documents without her consent. i mean i know ukba are incompetent - but to this level?

well I feel for the mother and this 2 year old, one has to remember that nigeria is one of the countries that has not signed up to an international child abduction convention - so I believe that if the child has dual citizenship or solely nigerian citizenship she may have problems getting the child back, however if the child is solely British I honestly think less twitter and more time with the met police.

This child needs to be returned and for all these families that allow women to go thru pregnancy alone and the first 2 years (first 2 difficult years) alone only to claim what you denied - I hope God punishes you very well.

I agree she messed up but she's a young mother. At 22 years old she still has no clue about life. This is just the truth. It's sad that this woman came into their life with the intention of wrecking havoc. i have seen young mothers with no help make desperate decisions when it comes to the kids. I'm sure she thought it was a miracle because now she could focus squarely on her education and not worry about leaving her daughter with strangers for hours while she's in class all day. She probably thought who else could come close to loving my child as I do than grandma.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 10, 2014
I agree - she was probably still in love with the guy coupled with her age. chei i feel for her cos I know the safeguards I put in place and still have in place for my own child.

This girl needs to get this is the mainstream media - cos this is a 2 year old we are talking about. I am actually angry as to why the UKBA did not even question the fact that a child was traveling without the mother.

4 Likes

Re: UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 10, 2014
Leave them,is the oversabi men that are crying over benefit.
cotton101:
how much is this benefit self - do people actually think that a MOTHER is crying because of £20 a week child benefit. wow

http://www.pact-online.org/Advice/advice-action-guide-pact-parents-and-abducted-children-together-parental-abduction-missing-children-associate-of-icmec.html

http://www.thefamilylawco.co.uk/child-abduction/what-is-parental-child-abduction/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-parental-child-abduction

anyone that knows the mother should direct her to these sites and inform her to contact a lawyer/seek legal aid (if eligible) and contact the FCO and Met police.

http://www.reunite.org/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

Mother Goes Topless With Her Daughter For Her 1st Birthday, Rock Body Paint / Mother Blasted For Posing Unclad With Her Son [PICS] / How To Calculate Anyone's Age With Their Shoe Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.