Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. (42523 Views)

Why I Have Not Had Sex Till Today. / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by saintgwizard(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Constant, open communication. Nothing to bad to be discussed

Never defending our errors but accepting it and making effort to correcting them.

Not allowing any disagreement to see the next day.

Mutaul Respect.

God's Grace.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by adultiph: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2014
The dedication of my wife towards our marriage makes me to fall over and over for her.When I think of what God has given me in her.i come to conclusion that am lucky.I can't just bring myself to hurt her and on her part I see that I mean alot to her.I guess that is what has been keeping us stronger.This is our 5 years of marriage and it seems I just paid her bride price.her level of dedication is out of this world.so I don't have any reason than to enjoy the union.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Toks2008(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2014
saintgwizard:
Constant, open communication. Nothing to bad to be discussed

Never defending our errors but accepting it and making effort to correcting them.

Not allowing any disagreement to see the next day.

Mutaul Respect.

God's Grace.

I totally agree.

Any good union is made up of two forgivers and not just lovers.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by ElFenomeno1: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2014
The grace of God.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by ifysweetty(f): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2014
Doing every thing together.

its not easy oh

but it is working for us perfectly.

6yrs of friendship
4yrs of marriage
we are still fresh.

thank u Jesus.

1 Like

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Vivipop(f): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Of course best friends have disagreements,but you will agree with me that it is very much easier to handle when your partner is not only your lover but also your best friend. So if I must rephrase what I said earlier, "Friendship has kept us till today" Have a nice day!
darlenese:

And who says best friends don't have disagreement? undecided. U are not in a serious relationship jor
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by ezelous: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2014
Her conviction that my love is forever.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Well i have got a quick question. With everyone praising their spouse out on here,i keep asking myself who marries the haters, callous, evil, heartless spouses and where are they?
mztubsy:
Hmnn...I've been with my fiance 3yrs now planning to get married next year by his grace.I think the best sentence that describes us is "find a man that'll make a fool out of himself for u n u'll find the love of a lifetime".I met him in a most ridiculous way *dont ask me*,we became best friends and since then it has never been the same.what wow-ed me most is his openess(that's sometn u don't get to come across everyday)we tell each other everytn and anytn.he's my best friend my confidant.he's always there for me.he believes in my dreams.his sincerity melts my heart in no ways he can ever imagine.u know when uve been wasting time gathering stones and God sends u pearls(yea,that's the feeling).I'm a difficult person(I'm a chlor-mel),so u can understand what it means for a man to deal with a lady that has my temperament,but he copes any ways*smiles*.when I'm frustrating the hell out of him he calls me "oniwahala or jagunlabi"hehehehehee.he let's me havemy way most times when I'm wrong but comes to tell me later when I'm much in a better mood to listen.I just bless God for bringing him my way.he's on nairaland too! I knw he wud read this post and chuckle his heart out! I love u so much jay,if I had to do it a 100times over ,I'll still choose you.u r awesome baby.muahhhhhhh!
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Nickyspice(f): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2014
For me, its God first of all, Love, forgiveness, transparency, effective communication and trust!
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by eyinjubaby(f): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2014
Almost 14 years relationship, 4 yrs marriage,,,it has bn God. He has bn keeping me going,, because I have to b sincere tolerating sm1 from another background, another upbringing, another believe is not an easy task.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Janet101(f): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2014
Understanding
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by ayoodeji(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Sincerely, there is no one thing. Several things do
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Anwasia(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2014
Honesty understanding and comitment
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by MadamT(f): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2014
First post on Nairaland! Been visiting the site for years as a guest though. Only just decided to join.

Ok. My contribution to the thread.

Been happily married for 25 years. Our 26th wedding anniversary is in 3 months by the grace of God.

What has kept us going?

God first and foremost. Then Love, determination, mutual trust, respect and understanding. We are each other's best friends. Extremely loyal to each other. My husband makes me laugh and I him. We have similar sense of humour. Even living through some of the tough times we have lived through (and by God there have been plenty!), God still grants us the grace to laugh and joke about like we are teenagers.

We also have loads in common. For example, we sit and watch football together. And I know all the offside rules etc. lol! We always have loads to talk about. He's the first one I talk to about everything and vice versa.

Closeness and friendship are important in a marriage. These two play crucial parts in sustaining a marriage when the early euphoria has subsided and when the inevitable day to day reality and challenges rear their heads. You need these to see you through.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by adedayourt(m): 10:43am On Nov 02, 2014
Plenty of child's play..

I hit her lightly on the head nd she chases me from d bedrum and cut me up n d kitchen, sits on my back nd make me beg b4 standin.
Even afta pleading she stil refuses to stand den plant her lips on mine and .....

To much of imaginations

1 Like

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by dotcomnamename: 11:13am On Nov 02, 2014
adultiph:
The dedication of my wife towards our marriage makes me to fall over and over for her.When I think of what God has given me in her.i come to conclusion that am lucky.I can't just bring myself to hurt her and on her part I see that I mean alot to her.I guess that is what has been keeping us stronger.This is our 5 years of marriage and it seems I just paid her bride price.her level of dedication is out of this world.so I don't have any reason than to enjoy the union.

May God continue to give your knowledge and more grace to continue enjoying your family life. I'm jealous cheesy
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by darlenese(f): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2014
Vivipop:
Of course best friends have disagreements,but you will agree with me that it is very much easier to handle when your partner is not only your lover but also your best friend. So if I must rephrase what I said earlier, "Friendship has kept us till today" Have a nice day!

Nice cool cool
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Cestmoi1(f): 11:18am On Nov 02, 2014
Respect and understanding.....
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Aroniyo200(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2014
Knowledge of human nature( Don't force change on your spouse), knowledge of women, if you are a man and vice and versa (be understanding, expect negative surprises), respect her in private and public, treat her like your most important customer, of course she is. Tear the word "anger" out of your dictionary. Instead of anger, negotiate, sell your ideas. If it doesn't work, do the right thing, but tread softly. Break up is awful!
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by kilmix: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2014
CoCoLav:
sad Now I know those in a relationship sad

Anaskie and Kilmix let me not see you people on this thread o angry

present ma.
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by apogeez(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2014
Udo!
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by zurine(f): 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
hmm
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by spiralwedge(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
keys: sidekicks and pretending to be happy

BTW, I smell too much lies on this thread

2 Likes

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by emog17(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
darlingnuel:
Dirty slap to her, once in week to reset her brain...
Lmao
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
muskham:

he is the one doing my shopping even to my pants and me vice versa.

Anything you don't want him to hear, don't tell me. Likewise anything you don't want me to hear don't tell him.

we hold hands when ever we are in the street. We kiss a lot. We have sex almost everyday
WE ARE 8YEARS THIS MONTH
We are still praying for the fruit of womb . Please join me. My husband is the best man in this world.

God will grant your heart desires

1 Like

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Minga37: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
If u want a long lasting relationship, ENDURERANCE is the first thing, then close ur eyes to mistake and dont listen to side talk, after that MONEY...
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by bjayzeez: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
spiralwedge:
keys: sidekicks and pretending to be happy

BTW, I smell too much lies on this thread

TRUE STORY
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by seunbballo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Effective Communication all day everyday. Discussing every single issue and detail, Loyalty, Love, Honesty, Togetherness, Respect, Allowing differences space to operate occasionally.

Harmony, Doing things differently sometimes spices up the relationship e.g Husband coming back home early from work earlier than normal. Does the house chores and make lovely dinner with sunny ade playing in the background. Watch how surprised and happy ur wife will be when she gets back from work.

Shed Luxury and comfort Occasionally: Don't always drive, you can walk with your wife while holding her hands to go down to eatery or shopping if less than a mile away.

For the wives: Appreciate your Husbands by booking a massage session for him if you can't massage him. Take hm to his local bukka and eat there with him.

I can go on and on.

Basically, your partner should be treated the way your own family members or siblngs should be treated. If your brother offends you, you don't call ur frd and ask him for advice or call herbalist to give u a portion to sort out ur brother's wrong....hahaha

Enjoy a lovely union n good and bad times. Shoprite money day, spend with joy!!! Money no dey but Garri, Sugar and Palm Oil dey, Make Jollof Garri and enjoy with a smile. Work ur way back up together to enjoy the good times again.

Life is a cycle and constantly revolving so una no fit stay one place or situation to remain the same.

My bit of Advice. Improvise ur own oh.....No go make Jollof Garri collect slap from Mrs oh.....loool

2 Likes

Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by rhames(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
patience
Re: What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. by Smartiegurl(f): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
understanding and tolerance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri blasts Slay Queens who calls men 'Dogs' / How Different Couples Kiss On Their Wedding Day / Miss Nairaland - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.