Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? (9708 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / What Is Wrong With Being A Mummy's Boy? / Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by jgirl3: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

Girl, they don't live together and it's just once a month. What are 2-3 days in 30 days?

Haaa you don dey understand. The problem is not his mum coming around sometimes when I am with him, but she being around all the time.

I am desperate. These things are so simple for me. They are primary notions I take for granted.
I have a question for you. . . is his mum mean to you?
If she is, you better buckle up.
If not, suck it up and get with your man regardless of his mama's presence.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2008
JustGood:

na the time wey the thing dey sweet the guy. me sef don tell woman say make we go marry before when I dey young. na the "something" dey sweet me too that time but pikin no fit sabi

I like the guy, who no like free cow?  grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

cheesy My brother i tire!

You guys were putting the cart before the horse . . . infact you didnt even have a horse and you were polishing your cart.

Why discussing going to live together with a man when he hasnt officially declared you a couple to his friends and family? Na wa o.

maybe the first borns' you know. wink

no no! I meant as in engaged. His mum knows I am his girlfriend. Even his friends does. The first time I visited him he introduced me as his girl so that's not the issue. What I am talking about, when I say official, I mean being engaged.

Even my father knows we are dating and asks of him all the time although he still hasn't learnt his name! grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

What sane adult man hangs aroung his mum 24/7? What kinds of men are these?

They call it tied to one's mother's apron strings not insanity tongue cheesy

~Sauron~:

Self-pity, huh?? wink

You wish angry

michelin89:

She get husband, get work and get another son for house.

I guess she's very good at multitasking grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

no no! I meant as in engaged. His mum knows I am his girlfriend. Even his friends does. The first time I visited him he introduced me as his girl so that's not the issue. What I am talking about, when I say official, I mean being engaged.

It doesnt matter . . . you know how many "girlfriends" a man will introduce to his mother before he finally decides on "The One"?

Mothers are not stupid, they can tell when a man is serious about a woman or not. The "girlfriend" tag is no longer anything to take seriously.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2008
j-girl:

family members come first wen one is single,she will be wasting her time ,getting d guy wtout the mum liking her,marrying a man whos mum or dad does not like is like sending urself to ur early grave
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2008
~Sauron~:

Self-pity, huh?? wink

Why would any woman want to come between me and ma mother??
I have no intention to come between any woman and her Dad so i don't understand why this should even be an issue.
My mother will not break ma heart, a woman can. tongue

English/European Champions. . . .It doesn't get better than that.

asking for one day out of 30 is trying to break u and ur ma up? o ma se o! undecided

all i asked you boys was to give arsenal a resounding beating for me. but you so-called Eng/EU champions couldn't. what magic did stokecity and hull city use then, that isn't available to ManU? abi make i help u collect stokecity juju man phone number?

i'm not a fan of arsenal. rather, an enemy of arsenal is a friend cheesy. but you guys disappointed me badly, chei cry cry
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2008
j-girl:

No she isn't. I greet her and she answers me with a smile. I absolutely have no problems with her, but it kind of stresses me to see her all the time I visit!

whatever90:

live wt a man whos not even brought drink to ur family,a man wey never even marry u?what if d mum visits u guys and sees that u living there,wetin u think say she go do,clap for a 19 yr old girl for staying wt a boyfriend who isnt her finace at that?and u think d woman will allow u marry her son?for real haba

Did you read where I wrote "we weren't matured enough"? I don't feel ready to take on such a huge responsibility and I also feel he needs to clarify things too. I am not so foolishly in love.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by JustGood(m): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

I like the guy, who no like free cow?  grin

abi o my brother.

na so she go dey for internet dey discuss and the next guy go come and another thing go happen, that one self go vamoose after milking to his satisfaction.

wetin concern mechanic with agbero for garage?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ David

Why are you paying attention to that piece of waste? undecided
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by jgirl3: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

family members come first when one is single,she will be wasting her time ,getting d guy wtout the mum liking her,marrying a man whos mum or dad does not like is like sending yourself to ur early grave
That's what I'm telling her. She has no right to demand to have him all to herself unless she's married to him and that's why I'm asking her if her ex's mum is mean to her. If she is, she should carry her load and go the other way.
michelin89:

No she isn't. I greet her and she answers me with a smile. I absolutely have no problems with her, but it kind of stresses me to see her all the time I visit!.
So she's nice. I guess you just have a problem being comfortable.
Why can't your guy come and visit you? Why do you have to be the one going there all the time if his mum is always around him?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

n
- Women expect that men should simply dispense with their mothers as soon as they show up . . . not ever going to happen.

I dont think that's what she meant.

More like give her a time when it's just them
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin even as an enagaged couple,it will be so irresponsible of u to go live wt him
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2008
stillwater:

You wish angry

Hehehehe

I guess she's very good at multitasking grin

Letz be honest. . . . . .U cannot seperate a man and his mother at courtship/dating stage of any relationship.
Of course, a man should never be asked to choose between the woman who raised him and the woman who shags him.
Besides, we are just hearing one side of the story. . . . .If Michelin witnesses him giving in to his mother's unreasonable requests, i am sure that she musta also witnessed him saying NO to his mother.
If that is the case. . . . . . .The dude is not a Mummy's Boy.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2008
Michelin,

He's an ex boyfriend now, why is this even an issue now?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2008
j-girl:

Why can't your guy come and visit you? Why do you have to be the one going there all the time if his mum is always around him?

Good point for you to think about Mich.

KarmaMod:

I don't think that's what she meant.

More like give her a time when it's just them

I understand, but she mentioned the guy is in his early 20s.

- first off, it seems he's too young, is not mature enough for the kind of relationship she wants and still depends on his mother to do a lot of thinking for him.

- The mother is obviously not convinced her son is ready for a committed relationship yet.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

michelin even as an enagaged couple,it will be so irresponsible of u to go live wt him

I don't want to start discussing if living together is better than being married because I have got my views on that.

All I want to clarify is that:
we are dating.
His mums knows it.
My dad knows it
We have plans, even though they are not official.

But I am having problems being comfortable whenever I am with him.

j-girl:

So she's nice. I guess you just have a problem being comfortable.

Exactly! I don't know how to behave or what to do around her. Should i ask her if she wants something to drink? She might think I am living there while I am just on a visit. Goshhhhhhh! Somebody help meeee!

We alternate. He comes to me and I go to him.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2008
iceblue:

asking for one day out of 30 is trying to break u and ur ma up? o ma se o!  undecided

She's exaggerating. . . . . .She cannot always be around 30 days of the month.

all i asked you boys was to give arsenal a resounding beating for me. but you so-called Eng/EU champions couldn't. what magic did stokecity and hull city use then, that isn't available to ManU? abi make i help u collect stokecity juju man phone number?

Shit happens and footie ain't math.
The same Hull that trounced Arsenal got beaten by Man Utd.

i'm not a fan of arsenal. rather, an enemy of arsenal is a friend  cheesy. but you guys disappointed me badly, chei  cry cry

That has always been ma policy too. . . . . .I can't stand Gaynners.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

I don't want to start discussing if living together is better than being married because I have got my views on that.

All I want to clarify is that:
we[b] are [/b]dating.
His mums knows it.
My dad knows it
We have plans, even though they are not official.

But I am having problems being comfortable whenever I am with him.

u mean "were" and "was" right?cos u just told us hes ur ex?

r u really sure hes ur ex,or u lot r still doing the whole thing
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
~Sauron~:

The dude is not a Mummy's Boy.

Of course he's a mummy's boy. He's allowed to be. He's still a kid for freaks sake! undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

Exactly! I don't know how to behave or what to do around her. Should i ask her if she wants something to drink? She might think I am living there while I am just on a visit. Goshhhhhhh! Somebody help meeee!

Its not your house so sit down quietly, be respectful to her and leave her son to handle any issues if he's really serious about you. My mom would always ask me if i felt she should leave . . . of course i said yes!  grin

Tell your boy to grow up quickly if you still like him.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by tope2000(f): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

Lol . . . . . kinda know what you mean there, That can be uncomfortable.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

u mean "were" and "was" right?because u just told us hes ur ex?

r u really sure hes ur ex,or u lot r still doing the whole thing

He is a current-ex. grin

spikedcylinder:

Of course he's a mummy's boy. He's allowed to be. He's still a kid for freaks sake! undecided undecided

20+ is a kid. . . . .
Cheese n Rice, i wasn't even a mummy's boy at 16.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Michelin,

He's an ex boyfriend now, why is this even an issue now?

We had a quarrel and we left it like that. No one said it's over; just that he couldn't meet my terms. I supposed it's left to me to decide whether to live up with it or not.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
I can't just go and visit her because since he has not made it official that he wants to get serious with me, i don't want to act desperate by licking his mum's ass to get her approval

This is true. My parents have been singing this into our heads for the longest. since 10 sef.  tongue
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2008
guys, let's imagine that you don't have a girlfriend. na girl dey cause all these reprisals, ba? ok make we delete her for picture.

would you enjoy your mum coming around every spare second you're at home and eating up all of your personal space? i doubt it. you love her very much, no doubt, but it's called personal space. you can't share that with any other living person in this world (except your wife). i couldn't take it, my mum being all up in my space ALL of the time. my mum isn't like that (well, not really cheesy cheesy). if she were i'd give her subtle reminders -
your husband misses you
you're not treating my father well - you're neglecting him
go and look after your husband
you're supposed to be honey mooning aren't you?

but i cannot stand her being in ALL of my space, ALL of the time. period. and i aint even a guy. guys are usually the ones who want more independence, or am i wrong?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ Topic

You either use juju (which I will gladly hook you up with)  grin   grin  wink

Or

You love and tolorate his mum with all you r might and strenght

Or you take the easy way out

Dump him.

Boys and their mummies, thats like breaking up conjoined twins, you need surgery.  grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by jgirl3: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

You have answered me. Prepare to be uncomfortable when you go to him and thank God you're comfortable when he comes to you.
I know what you mean. LOL! I hate it whenever I go to a guy's house and meet his mother. I don't know how to handle myself but it's a good thing they all know how to get me to be comfortable with them.
What you should do is you should try to talk to his mum and ask her more about her day. Have little discussions with her to the point where you can laugh and have a good time with her. That will make your ex love you more.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2008
without anaesthetics or the guarantee of success!
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2008
iceblue:

guys, let's imagine that you don't have a girlfriend. na girl dey cause all these reprisals, ba? ok make we delete her for picture.

We can't delete her. . . . .A man must get some. tongue

would you enjoy your mum coming around every spare second you're at home and eating up all of your personal space? i doubt it. you love her very much, no doubt, but it's called personal space. you can't share that with any other living person in this world (except your wife). i couldn't take it, my mum being all up in my space ALL of the time. my mum isn't like that (well, not really  cheesy cheesy). if she were i'd give her subtle reminders -
your husband misses you

Men wanna eat momma's soup sometimes. cheesy

you're not treating my father well - you're neglecting him
go and look after your husband
you're supposed to be honey mooning aren't you?

What if she's a widow?? undecided

but i cannot stand her being in ALL of my space, ALL of the time. period. and i aint even a guy. guys are usually the ones who want more independence, or am i wrong?

Men want their independence but it's a different thing with mothers.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2008
Beware of okija. His mama dey his house 24/7 grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

You either use juju (which I will gladly hook you up with) grin grin wink

Or

You love and tolorate his mum with all you r might and strenght

Or you take the easy way out

Dump him.

Boys and their mummies, thats like breaking up conjoined twins, you need surgery. grin

uhm like how much na? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nearly All The Men In Lagos Are Mad. / Video: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? Nigerians Speak… / Share Your First Kiss Experience. How Was It Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.