Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? (9709 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / What Is Wrong With Being A Mummy's Boy? / Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

seriously michelin i think u r exagerating ,because d mum can't be there all d time,i mean every single time u visit

sorry but [b]i think its not d visit that is ur only prob,u r jealous of d guys feelings for his mum and d attention,[/b]shes his mum,he has d right to give her d attention and love hes giving to her now,c'mon don't give yourself unnecessary headache over one woman

Mich, is this true? grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by tope2000(f): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

it doesnt say anything. Some men live with their mothers and still have plenty of "us" time with their girlfriends. the guy is just not that committed to her.

Well i guess maybe the guy IS using the mum as a weapon then undecided
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Maybe or maybe not.

Thing is she (his mom) probably still pays some of his bills, cooks for him etc so she has every right to mother him. On that note, he is still HER kid. smiley

If she doesn't cook and pay for him, who would??
Whether ma parents paid for ma bills or school fees was never a factor.
If they didn't have the plans to do that, why give birth to me in the first place?? That is every parent's responsibility!!!
They should not use that to DICTATE the lives of their kids.

The boy is no longer a kid(he would be held accountable for his action under the law at 20+).

tope2000:

Well i guess maybe the guy IS using the mum as a weapon then undecided

Exactly what i thunk.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

sorry but i think its not d visit that is ur only prob,u r jealous of d guys feelings for his mum and d attention,shes his mum,he has d right to give her d attention and love hes giving to her now,c'mon don't give yourself unnecessary headache over one woman

Its possible o!

When I was with my ex, I used to be soooooo jealous of his relationship with his sister. I didn't have any such relationship with my siblings and it used to bite me when I saw them together or when she got to hang out with us (which was ver infrequent cuz she respected herself a lot).

I couldn't say anything on the issue of course, I just watched them and tried to get along. grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2008
Solutions that might have worked;

1. Buy a big ferocious dog; A rotweiler, Doberman or Pitbull. Keep a picture of the boys mum close to his food, so that anytime the dog sees the mum he thinks shes food. After two bites, the mum would never visit the house again. Not even on holidays.

2. Your House; Instead of going to his place, invite him to yours.

3. Juju a.k.a Cobnomi; Use african magic to get your mans undivided love.

4. Relocation; Get the guy to move to another state.

5. Confrontation; Walk up to the mum and tell her to give your man breathing space.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2008
Even though the guy isn't a kid any longer i still think he's kind of young. Most men will always choose their mothers over you or rather only a few knows how to separate the two. He is now an ex and all you can do now is to move on with your life. Do whatever that will make you feel better about it regardless of what anyone thinks and with time you will be fine.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Its possible o!

When I was with my ex, I used to be soooooo jealous of his relationship with his sister. I didn't have any such relationship with my siblings and it used to bite me when I saw them together or when she got to hang out with us (which was ver infrequent because she respected herself a lot).

I couldn't say anything on the issue of course, I just watched them and tried to get along. grin

i like ur honesty jare

yea babes can be unnnecessarily jealous,dat one is a fact,cos ive been reading michelins posts and she said d woman is not rude or harsh to her,then wats her problem,no honestly wats her problem,its just jealousy i think,cos d guy showers his mum wt so much attention,and d mum gets to spend more time wt him dan her wt him

michelin sorry if im rude,i really am,but blive me or blive it or not ,look deep down inside of u,if u be truthful enough,u'd tell us dat its all jealousy ,nothing else
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by omoge(f): 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2008
i see many mommy boys here.

forget him Michelinmama should stay at their husband's home. visit once in blue moon.  cheesy

kai, but why should boys show their mother too much attention when their son have girl in their lives? what about attention from the dad/husband?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

i like ur honesty jare

yea babes can be unnnecessarily jealous ,that one is a fact,because ive been reading michelins posts and she said d woman is not rude or harsh to her,then wats her problem,no honestly wats her problem,its just jealousy i think,because d guy showers his mum wt so much attention,and d mum gets to spend more time wt him dan her wt him

U can say that again.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2008
Okija_juju:

1. Buy a big ferocious dog; A rotweiler, Doberman or Pitbull. Keep a picture of the boys mum close to his food, so that anytime the dog sees the mum he thinks shes food. After two bites, the mum would never visit the house again. Not even on holidays.

5. Confrontation; Walk up to the mum and tell her to give your man breathing space.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2008
Okija_juju:

Lmao! It really isn't that serious at all.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2008
omoge:

forget him Michelinmama should stay at their husband's home. visit once in blue moon.  cheesy

kai, but why should boys show their mother too much attention when their son have girl in their lives? what about attention from the dad/husband?

sweetheart d way u crave for ur parents attention ,love and care,is d same way our parents crave for ours too

see ,if this woman don pursue her wt cutlass during one of her visits to her son,then i wont even waste time in challenging her,but this woman smiles wnevea the OP greets her,d woman feels so comfortable,this boy is d first son and in his early twenties,d mum stil sees him as a child,d woman sef feels comfy when ever she visits the house,she no even send michelin,na michelin dey give herself headache for real
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Pataki: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2008
omoge:

forget him Michelinmama should stay at their husband's home. visit once in blue moon. cheesy

I see many daddy's girls here.

You sef lend voice for this matter? Are you not supposed to be busy remembering your veterans today?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2008
Another question Michelin,

You say you don't live alone, who do you live with? Your parents? Siblings? Would he (your ex) be right to say they should gerrout for a few days so he can spend time with you too?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You say you don't live alone, who do you live with? Your parents? Siblings? Would he (your ex) be right to say they should gerrout for a few days so he can spend a few days with you too?

Of course not. What's good for girls isnt good for boys. grin I'm surprised Mich didnt think about this aspect.

whatever90:

i like ur honesty jare

yea babes can be unnnecessarily jealous,that one is a fact,because ive been reading michelins posts and she said d woman is not rude or harsh to her,then wats her problem,no honestly wats her problem,its just jealousy i think,because d guy showers his mum wt so much attention,and d mum gets to spend more time wt him dan her wt him

michelin sorry if I'm rude,i really am,but blive me or blive it or not ,look deep down inside of u,if u be truthful enough,u'd tell us that its all jealousy ,nothing else

you've said it all.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You say you don't live alone, who do you live with? Your parents? Siblings? Would he (your ex) be right to say they should gerrout for a few days so he can spend time with you too?

But the dude lives alone. There's quite a difference. What was the point of him getting his own place if Mama is gonna be there everyday and night

She's probably right under the bed at this moment
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:08pm On Nov 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

But the dude lives alone. There's quite a difference. What was the point of him getting his own place if Mama is going to be there everyday and night

oh pls karma michel is just exagerating abeg,dis woman has got other kids ,its not only her ex,she cant be there every single time she(michel)comes visiting

abegiii women r good at painting stories in their favours
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

oh please karma michel is just exagerating abeg,this woman has got other kids ,its not only her ex,she can't be there every single time she(michel)comes visiting

Danke. . . . . .U are in form today. cool
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

oh please karma michel is just exagerating abeg,this woman has got other kids ,its not only her ex,she can't be there every single time she(michel)comes visiting

lol. They have broken up though. All she needs now is to move on. Unless she wants to go and beg him
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2008
But she doesnt visit everyday. he visits on the 2-3 days michelin goes there

I only blame the boy for not telling her the days that its fine for her to visit and there wont be any interference
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

But the dude lives alone. There's quite a difference. What was the point of him getting his own place if Mama is going to be there everyday and night

If they don't live together then she cannot be at his place ALL THE TIME. She is a mother, not an idiot. undecided
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2008
chika98:

lol. They have broken up though. All she needs now is to move on. Unless she wants to go and beg him

If she truly loves the boy, she berra beg him and accommodate his mum so the mum can give them chance to shag. cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

If they don't live together then she cannot be at his place ALL THE TIME. She is a mother, not an idiot. undecided

I am telling y'all the guy is just using his mother as an excuse NOT to perform his social responsibility.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2008
d guy has introduced her to his mum as his girl,d woman accepted her wt a smile,see ehn lets look at this thing two ways,michel wants all d guys attention to herself,its dripping from her post,and its obvious,d guys house I'm sure its d mum that is paying d bills and other things,hes just a kid for christsake,d mum is just being a caring mother,if i had a son whos 22 blive me ,i wouldnt stay a day wtout seeing him or talking to him on d phone,its only natural
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2008
Quit a difference between being there all the day and being there the days she decides to pay him a visit

They should set a schedule.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by KarmaMod(f): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

,i wouldnt stay a day wtout seeing him or talking to him on d phone,its only natural

why let him move out then?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

If she truly loves the boy, she berra beg him and accommodate his mum so the mum can give them chance to shag. cheesy

LOL. haven't you read her undelivered letters to him? Most men are mama's boys but in this case the woman wasn't mean to her or nothing. So chic better go and re-evaluate or maybe there's more to this story than your telling us.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2008
that boi cant stay away from his mum,cos its obvious shes his financial support,infact blood sef is talking here,the OP is just asking for too much from a "boyfriend" and not a 2husband" ,i wonder wat will happen wen they get married
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

"wtout calling" or seeing" read dat

moving out im sure he needs his own privacy all d time,but living under my roof,means im going to be there 24/7 to know wats going on,he might not be too comfy wt dat

there is a diff btw a mother visiting(for a few hrs)and living wt her child
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

that boi can't stay away from his mum,because its obvious shes his financial support,infact blood sef is talking here,the OP is just asking for too much from a "boyfriend" and not a 2husband" ,i wonder what will happen when they get married

Slow your roll woman. We don't know the full story here. I'm not saying what she did was right but i believe there's more to this story than she's telling us.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

that boi can't stay away from his mum,because its obvious shes his financial support,infact blood sef is talking here,the OP is just asking for too much from a "boyfriend" and not a 2husband" ,i wonder what will happen when they get married

probably what the guy thought when he heard Mich's request.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nearly All The Men In Lagos Are Mad. / Video: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? Nigerians Speak… / Share Your First Kiss Experience. How Was It Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.