Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? (9713 Views)

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / What Is Wrong With Being A Mummy's Boy? / Help My Boyfriend Is A Mummy's Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Quit a difference between being there all the day and being there the days she decides to pay him a visit

They should set a schedule.

It might be a coincidence that is oblivious to the guy himself. Doesn't he meet family member's when he goes to hers?  
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2008
chika98:

Slow your roll woman. We don't know the full story here. I'm not saying what she did was right but i believe there's more to this story than she's telling us.

madam i don't know d full story alright,but all i know is a girl trying to come between a man and his mum,all in d name of "love and future togeda"

not when this boi is still a mere child
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

madam i don't know d full story alright,but all i know is a girl trying to come between a man and his mum,all in d name of "love and future togeda"

not when this boi is till a mere child

lol.I hear you though
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by omoge(f): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2008
Pata, i am  cheesy
how are you, Pataki?

it is better to be a daddy girl than be a momma boy. at least you could tell daddy to stay at home. . . though daddy don't bother hopping around their children's home unlike momma.

one thing i heard they don't bug their daughters home/apt like they do their son's. . .eh why

God bless our troops grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Sauron1: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

It's not feasible.
Women should know their boundaries.
A woman must not compete with her mother-in-law.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2008
omoge:

Pata, i am  cheesy
how are you, Pataki?

it is better to be a daddy girl than be a momma boy. at least you could tell daddy to stay at home. . . though daddy don't bother hopping around their children's home unlike momma.

one thing i heard they don't bug their daughters home/apt like they do their son'seh why

Who says some fathers ain't worse than some mothers?? go and ask around.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2008
~Sauron~:

It's not feasible.
Women should know their boundaries.
A woman must not compete with her mother-in-law.

and not when d motherinlaw is nice and does not have a prob,or has said to  u sm words u don't like

my mum once told me that

see i hate grownup mummie's boi,but this guy is a child,haba early twenties,22-23,so his case is understandable
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2008
whatever90:

not when this boi is still a mere child

That is what I have been trying to say o! He is still so young and still under his mama!

LOL. haven't you read her undelivered letters to him? Most men are mama's boys but in this case the woman wasn't mean to her or nothing. So chic better go and re-evaluate or maybe there's more to this story than your telling us.
shocked shocked shocked
I sensed that letter was to a nairalander. Is he reading all this? Abi na you David? grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by omoge(f): 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2008
umm 'feeling comfortable'' i guess Michelin should have made her not too comfortable.

and talk of craving, why is it that that cravings spurt out like an hydra once the guy has a girl?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by chika98: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2008
omoge:

umm 'feeling comfortable'' i guess Michelin should have made her not too comfortable.

and talk of craving, why is it that that cravings spurt out like an hydra once the guy has a girl?

Not too comfy in what sense??

spikedcylinder:

That is what I have been trying to say o! He is still so young and still under his mama!
shocked shocked shocked
I sensed that letter was to a nairalander. Is he reading all this? Abi na you David? grin grin

Me I no know oo
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2008
craving has always been there,so women should stop playing d victim or crying foul wen they come in
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by tope2000(f): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

shocked shocked shocked

Buahahahahaha  grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by omoge(f): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2008
every sense of it with a smile. give am hell on earth with a cool smile on your face wink.

grin
warning: only for those who know how to do it wink
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Pataki: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2008
omoge:

Pata, i am cheesy
how are you, Pataki?

one thing i heard they don't bug their daughters home/apt like they do their son'seh why

Who be Pata? grin cheesy grin You this girl, you too dey think too many things.

Who told you fathers are not worse off? Hmmmm! I hope this is not the wahala you will put me through when the time finally comes. tongue If your father tries it, there is already a standby dog and my Mack4 ever constant. grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2008
*ahem*
angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2008
Na who talk say i dey jealous?

See these people. As I just comot small una start to dey gossip. Nor make me vex ooo!

UPDATE: we are still together and I have already made my intention known to him; i nor go pretend one day. He don talk him own and me sef talk my own. And i don tell am say he way go cause wahala between hima and any woman wey he go marry tomorrow. he laugh am off but one day one day he go see.

So thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

small mommy's boy like me? haba . . . grin

michelin89:

See these people. As I just comot small una start to dey gossip. Nor make me vex ooo!

UPDATE: we are still together and I have already made my intention known to him; i nor go pretend one day. He don talk him own and me sef talk my own. And i don tell am say he way go cause wahala between hima and any woman wey he go marry tomorrow. he laugh am off but one day one day he go see.

Ok Mich . . . you know me well, i will speak hard truths when they are necessary . . . so here goes -

I think you also need to grow up a bit. That's not the way to endear yourself to a man you think you have a future with. A man's parents are very important to him and the earlier you realise that the better. his mom wont go away so you can have him all to urself.

Being a gf is not just about having "alone time" with your boi, its about family and friends too.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

small mommy's boy like me? haba . . . grin

Ok Mich . . . you know me well, i will speak hard truths when they are necessary . . . so here goes -

I think you also need to grow up a bit. That's not the way to endear yourself to a man you think you have a future with. A man's parents are very important to him and the earlier you realise that the better. his mom wont go away so you can have him all to yourself.

Being a girlfriend is not just about having "alone time" with your boi, its about family and friends too.

*yawn* I nor get time for a mummy's boy and will never have. He knows my stand concerning this and still he has told me he'd like to go on. So what? You too David, unsew your trouser from your mama's skirt! tongue
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by whatever90(f): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

sweetheart,im sure u dont think dis boi is going to end up wt u in future?u dont right?pls i beg u,dont just hope for it,cos it might not happen,no man wants to end up wt smone who might scatter d family
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by MsLurker(f): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2008
You need couple time too!!!

Your family and parents can't be up in everything all the time. If they think so then there will be nothing but havoc in you and your partner's relationship.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by DavidDylan(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

*yawn* I nor get time for a mummy's boy and will never have. He knows my stand concerning this and still he has told me he'd like to go on. So what? You too David, unsew your trouser from your mama's skirt! tongue

Any man will say anything as long as he gets regular free sex. When he's ready for a serious commitment he will dump you. I'm a guy, we've all strung girls we knew we wont marry along before.

When the time comes, you go get time by force.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2008
DavidDylan:

Any man will say anything as long as he gets regular free sex. When he's ready for a serious commitment he will dump you. I'm a guy, we've all strung girls we knew we wont marry along before.

Just my 2 cents.

And who told you I don't want regular free sex too? wink

whatever90:

sweetheart,I'm sure u don't think this boi is going to end up wt u in future?u don't right?please i beg u,don't just hope for it,because it might not happen,no man wants to end up wt smone who might scatter d family

Oh well if we don't, fine. We tried! I have got 5 years left before thinking about getting married so I have enough time to meet and meet people! grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2008
michelin89:

he laugh am off but one day one day he go see.

Oh my word! That sounds painfully scary! undecided
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Oh my word! That sounds painfully scary! undecided

Na him know how he go take handle am then. tongue grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2008
David, you seem to keep ignoring the fact that Mich gets along well with his family. she just doesn't want it to have to be a family meeting everytime she's at his place. think about it. she lives with her relatives, true, but i bet a couple of weekends they DO get to be a alone cos someone was thoughtful enuf to excuse themselves. wink cool

next, people, the guy is not a kid!! i was already working by 22 and not living with my parents. it's all about trust. if you know my parents, you'll know letting their 22yr old daughter live and work elsewia wouldn't be an easy thing to do. plus i lived in another state sef. he is soo not a kid. a kid goes to juvie for murder. he'll go to a maximum sec prison for murder at his age, or the chair, even if he still drinks breast milk at 22; so let's scratch the 'he's a kid' talk shall we? cool cool

Mich,
go on jare! nottin megara!! at least the guy is willing to work something out, since he still wants to be with you. at the end of the day, it's about you and him, not you, him and nairaland grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by JustGood(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2008
I would understand why a 19 yr old girl who looks that way would be desperate for any man to cling on to.

I thought a normal girl would only be thinking about how to make something good of her life at 19

A 19 yr old whose ambition is to tell a boy's mother not to visit when she comes for her round of whatever needs her head examined
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by origina9ja(f): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2008
wat
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by JustGood(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2008
origina9ja:

what

grin
abi na lie? Girl dey fight boy mama at age 19! na normal girl behaviour be that?

If any boy make mistake marry that kind one, e no go tay before all members of his family are banned from talking to him.

Nonsense. Woman born pikin nurture am and some kind randon girl for Italy want teach the woman when/how to talk to the son.

My wife no dey ever talk about such things and we don dey for almost 15 years. even when my brother wey my wife no like (him no dey gree follow us go church) come our house, she no dey even complain about anything. She go just limit the conversation.
This one wan restrict the mother  shocked
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by spikedcylinder: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2008
@ JustGood

A girl that looks what way?
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by JustGood(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2008
spikedcylinder:

@ JustGood

A girl that looks what way?

ok. sorry

he he he but I couldn't help but comment on the way she looks. . . @19 shocked
At 19, a girl should look stunning. Maybe I'm wrong grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by igwe11(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2008
he laugh am off but one day one day he go see.

grin grin grin Na God wan save the dude be that, abeg leave my guy alone ooooooooo lol
Re: How Do You Handle A Mummy's Boy? by JustGood(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2008
Its possible o!

When I was with my ex, I used to be soooooo jealous of his relationship with his sister. I didn't have any such relationship with my siblings and it used to bite me when I saw them together or when she got to hang out with us (which was ver infrequent because she respected herself a lot).

I couldn't say anything on the issue of course, I just watched them and tried to get along.

@spiked, this is insightful. Having no maternal love might make a girl jealous of another mother showering love on her son

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men And Ladies: Body Preference In A Partner? (pics) / Nigerian Men, So What If She's Not A Virgin? / Earn $5,000 Per Month Just To Marry An Icelandic Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.