Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's (18049 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / Nigerians With English Surnames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:

Read the comment that I replied.

Okay. My bad. I think i meant to write 'bearing one's husband's name solely' without adding yours.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
Chiamaka01:

How many times do i have to say it? I called him a misogynist because he said, 'a woman is an extension of her husband'.
smh
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
freshdude2:
I assume spoiling you and treating you like a woman are self-explanatory. I'm sorry I don't know how to explain those concepts.

Just give examples.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

But but the man is not asked to change his name, is he?

How has it been beneficial to women?

Would you also say that women do not need men when they have their own money?
He is speaking the truth. Women are now sex objects, men call their private parts mockable names and women litter their womanhood on streets, their body are used to advertise and make money by musicians. USA is the worst. The kind of clothes women wear can't be worn by the worst of men and ur story is like the king and his invisible clothes; women are näked, but men cheer you as being beautiful. Women have being OBJECTIFIED!!!(emphasis added) Proof me wrong. cry cry cry Its a pity, feminism has failed the west and its shadows torment many other countries. I still remember the beautiful songs we used to sing for our mothers during the primary school days. I still remember how I was beaten by a female teacher for prefering dad to mom and couldn't tell mum when she asked why I was beaten grin) Goodbye to the good days of yesterdays, when I used to love and appreciate women, those times are long gone, the times I looked at women with love and gentility and EQUALITY(emphasis added), but now, I won't blink my eyes if I see a man beat his wife mercilessly, send her packing and marry as many wives as he wants.
Now, the emotional nature of women which I once loved, irritate me. I don't have respect for women giving birth to children again(its your job, pop them out angry). I actually wish those nostalgic days can come again. Goodbye to the beautiful days of yesteryears. cry

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Stillfire: 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
^^^Dude nobody cares.

4 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by cococandy(f): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
cheesygrin hehehe.
As the 'wise' men would say. "You deserve to be castrated"
:-x
Not my words
ElFenomeno1:
This shouldnt be a big deal....... My wife mentioned it before we got married, i simply said whatever rocks your boat

There are other pressing issues to worry about!
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by cococandy(f): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Dude you have issues. Go get help. You can blame whoever you like but the problem is from within you.
If you used to see women as EQUAL to men,you won't have problems with feminism. Liar grin

Anyway Who's business is it that you don't appreciate the women around you anymore?
And who's interested in your nostalgic sob stories? If your wife bears a baby girl,you can cook it and eat or better still marry a man so that you'll be spared the involvement with females.

We are not homophobic. We won't judge you wink cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
cococandy:
cheesygrin hehehe.
Not my words
Hey foool, I see you love that phrase of mine that you mentioned it twice already. How was your day? If you have anything intelligent to say about the topic or my post in particular, feel free to spit it. I'll be right here.

4 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
[
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Shirley07: 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
Misogynist2014:
He is speaking the truth. Women are now sex objects, men call their private parts mockable names and women litter their womanhood on streets, their body are used to advertise and make money by musicians. USA is the worst. The kind of clothes women wear can't be worn by the worst of men and ur story is like the king and his invisible clothes; women are näked, but men cheer you as being beautiful. Women have being OBJECTIFIED!!!(emphasis added) Proof me wrong. cry cry cry Its a pity, feminism has failed the west and its shadows torment many other countries. I still remember the beautiful songs we used to sing for our mothers during the primary school days. I still remember how I was beaten by a female teacher for prefering dad to mom and couldn't tell mum when she asked while I was beaten grin) Goodbye to the good days of yesterdays, when I used to love and appreciate women, those times are long gone, the times I looked at women with love and gentility and EQUALITY(emphasis added), but now, I won't blink my eyes if I see a man beat his wife mercilessly, send her packing and marry as many wives as he wants.
Now, the emotional nature of women which I once loved, irritate me. I don't have respect for women giving birth to children again(its your job, pop them out >sad). I actually wish those nostalgic days can come again. Goodbye to the beautiful days of yesteryears. cry
Just like your mun spit you out.. Such a shame.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by ElFenomeno1: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2014
cococandy:
cheesygrin hehehe.
Not my words

Who is this dumbfu..ck?!
Tell the wise men they are fu//cking lunkheads and you are a vacuous troglodyte
Brainless twerp

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2014
freshdude2:
But, but, the man also had a life before marriage. He's charged with the responsibility of provision and protection of his wife and family where he only had to provide for and protect himself. There's nothing denigrating to women about the man as head of household. His responsibilities give him the privilege to be the boss. That is the truth.

And what's all this patriachy business. The patriachy, historically, hasn't been unfair to women, on the contrary, it has been beneficial to women. I'd advise you to speak about the patriachy with respect.

I'd have you know though, as far as objectifying women is concerned, feminism is to blame for that. This is why: we no longer need women for anything but sex. The modern man can cook his meals, do his laundry, etc. The only thing he literally needs from a woman is sex. Sorry, that's the truth. You people objectified yourselves.
This is sad but true.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2014
freshdude2:
Therefore, he moves to his in laws house since the bible does require the woman to leave her own parents.
Hahahahhahahah and his in laws will feed, cloth, shelter and pay their bills.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Shirley07:

Just like your mun spit you out.. Such a shame.
You are angry that I made that statement on carefreewannabe's post, aren't you? Women in the west face a bitter scenario. Most of them are single parents and the father of the child(that is if she knows the father) pays child support and never looks after his child. I watched 'the test' on SET, the mother of the girl(owner of the child) was explaining to the guy(supposed father) that she doesn't need his money but what she needs is the guy standing by the baby but he kept talking of money(to them, women and children are synonymous to money). I even heard a married man on trisha claiming he has slept with over 1000 women shocked . Do you remember Brazil 2014 where women were used to entertain footballers cheesy? I've watched programs where men disqualified women for being virgin. Below is the sketch of how male and female's brain in the west operate(a female friend here in Nigeria once lamented that men don't value women again.) A good part of male's brain is sex while that of female is respect(you only dedicate your brain to respect because it is scarce in town). This link shows you the meaning of the mocking word called 'pùssy' http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pussy?s=t The longman dictionary clearly instructs us not to use the word, but men use it on the female organ everyday.

So dear, be not mad at me but feminism cos women's value deteriorates everyday. embarassed

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by cococandy(f): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2014
gringringrin
ElFenomeno1:

Who is this dumbfu..ck?!
Tell the wise men they are a fucking lunkheads and you are a vacuous troglodyte
Brainless twerp
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Misogynist2014:
You are angry that I made that statement aren't you? Women in the west face a bitter scenario. Most of them are single parents and the father of the child(that is if she knows the father) pays child support and never looks after his child. I watched 'the test' on SET, the mother of the girl(owner of the child) was explaining to the guy(supposed father) that she doesn't need his money but what she needs is the guy standing by the baby but he kept talking of money(to them, women and children are synonymous to money). I even heard a married man on trisha claiming he has slept with over 1000 women shocked . I've watched programs where men disqualified women for being virgin. Below is the sketch of how male and female's brain in the west operate(a female friend here in Nigeria once lamented that men don't value women again.) A good part of male's brain is sex while that of female is respect(you only dedicate your brain to respect because it is scarce in town). This link shows you the meaning of the mocking word called 'pùssy' http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pussy?s=t The longman dictionary clearly instructs us not to use the word, but men use it on the female organ everyday.

So dear, be not mad at me but feminism cos women's value deteriorates everyday. embarassed

Yeah and white people who are as ignorant as you are (no insult, fact), think that most Africans have AIDS and are hungry.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that African men smoke weed all day long and African women push out babies they cannot feed countless times.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black people must be avoided like a plague since they are spreading Ebola.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black people still live in huts and run around na*ked.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black men are extremely ho*rny creatures who have plenty of baby mamas everywhere and a problem with AIDS consequently.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that Africa is a country and refer to Africa like you refer to the West as one uniform place.

Can you see how ignorant you are?

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2014
Hello, Carefreewannabe.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2014
freshdude2:
Hello, Carefreewannabe.

Good morning Freshdude.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yeah and white people who are as ignorant as you are (no insult, fact), think that most Africans have AIDS and are hungry.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that African men smoke weed all day long and African women push out babies they cannot feed countless times.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black people must be avoided like a plague since they are spreading Ebola.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black people still live in huts and run around na*ked.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that black men are extremely ho*rny creatures who have plenty of baby mamas everywhere and a problem with AIDS consequently.
White people who are as ignorant as you are, think that Africa is a country and refer to Africa like you refer to the West as one uniform place.

Can you see how ignorant you are?
Thanks ma'am smiley . Res ipsa loquitur(the thing itself speaks). sad
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Who is this dumbfu..ck?!
Tell the wise men they are a fucking lunkheads and you are a vacuous troglodyte
Brainless twerp
Oboi! shocked No kill cocoa and candy(cococandy) cheesy cheesy
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Thanks ma'am smiley . Res ipsa loquitur(the thing itself speaks). sad

You're welcome. wink smiley
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by SirAweezy(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2014
sexybash:
I got married a year ago but
I and hubby agreed. That there shall be no change of name until after 20 deserving years
I made him understand he has to earn it
And we are fine :-)I no fit. Shout
Jesus! Holy mary!! Joseph!!! shocked I bow for some men o. Nothing I won't hear in this worldm it is well lipsrsealed
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Wealthyone: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2014
haftob:
Islamically, women are not supposed to change dia surnames to dia husband's name wen they get married, they are supposed to maintain dia father's name,tho many muslims don't do dis or don't even knw abput it sef. So women still using dia father's name are right.

U took this outta my mouth. I'll def retain my father's name wink Our children too will bear and keep his name nah. grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by ice234: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sorry!!!
Did you just say this!!!
Who are you an extension of.... Whose name did you bear before marriage.
Are u really going into marriage with this mentality?
Chiamaka01:

Thank you for that. We're all extensions of our parents, agreed. But i am not an extension of my husband.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Chiamaka01:
It's
getting less uncommon to see women, especially those occupying high
positions in society hyphenating their surnames and their husbands'
surname. I think it's a good thing, at least, it will erase the notion
that the daughter you've invested much in will bear another man's name. Ladies, would you do it? Guys, would you marry a lady that has this notion?
I think I'm happy with the fact that your brain told you it happens with 'high positioned' women. It is just as silly as telling Linda Ikeji to change her name, when your brain tells you its difficult. Are you the high positioned lady that won't bear her husband's name #veryfunny. Many intelligent women like Beyounce add their husband's name to 'father's'. Lest I forget, who told you marriage is btw 2 people? Many women stüpidly and ignorantly are of your notion until their husband's demise. Polygamy is still very active in Africa, in this world where women are begging to be 10th wife, it will be very nice 4 u to know we are not in America. wink

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Mutaino7(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I think I'm happy with the fact that your empty brain told you it happens with 'high positioned' women. It is just as stupid as telling Linda Ikeji to change her name, when your empty skull tells you its difficult. Are you the high positioned lady that won't bear her husband's name #veryfunny. Many intelligent women like Beyounce add their husband's name to 'father's'. Lest I forget, who told you marriage is btw 2 people? Many women stüpidly and ignorantly are of your notion until their husband's demise. Polygamy is still very active in Africa, in this world where women are begging to be 10th wife, it will be very nice 4 u to know we are not in America. wink
bros u shudnt av to result in2 abusive or co-descending words like empty brain to pass ur msg across.. Cos dat will serve as an avenue 4 an appropriate rebuttal 4rm her which will spoil d sanctity of diz thread.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Misogynist2014(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Mutaino7:
bros u shudnt av to result in2 abusive or co-descending words like empty brain to pass ur msg across.. Cos dat will serve as an avenue 4 an appropriate rebuttal 4rm her which will spoil d sanctity of diz thread.
Thanks, I'll edit it. smiley

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
How old are these 'men' on NL?? 200? grin grin grin grin

I can't believe we still hv men that demand their wives take on their last name.

*checks calender*

These mor0ns are definitely from the past. Go back to your graves please and 'RIP'

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Whether d wife takes d husband name or not depends on d couple,if d guy is ok wit it no p. But as 4 me she av 2 take mine. We ar no more 2 but 1 and dere is difference btw 2 and 1. I believe in God's definition of marriage not man's own.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:
Whether d wife takes d husband name or not depends on d couple,if d guy is ok wit it no p. But as 4 me she av 2 take mine. We ar no more 2 but 1 and dere is difference btw 2 and 1. I believe in God's definition of marriage not man's own.
Why do you have to be okay with it?? Why are you demanding from your wife what you can't give her??

Can you take her last name?? Why ask another human being to do what you can't do, you are a selfish fvcktard......

..but don't worry, there is always a woman suffering from mental slavery somewhere that would conform to your demands.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

Why do you have to be okay with it?? Why are you demanding from your wife what you can't give her??

Can you take her last name?? Why ask another human being to do what you can't do, you are a selfish fvcktard......

..but don't worry, there is always a woman suffering from mental slavery somewhere that would conform to your demands.

Are u sure u're OK cos I don't see wat I wrote 2 get dis reply and u will come here 2 say feminist don't hate men.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

Are u sure u're OK cos I don't see wat I wrote 2 get dis reply and u will come here 2 say feminist don't hate men.

We have male feminists all over the world, why would I hate my fellow feminists? grin

Your wife doesn't need your permission, she can bear whatever name she so desires. You are not OK angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House. / Sad Marital Tales From My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.