Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan (41002 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari / No President Resigns During War, Jonathan Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by eleko1: 5:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 17, 2014
arresa:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1738851_fayose_jpegb211493aabf610066561da88d49da3a8

Ekiti people don suffer I swear... grin grin
Yes oh..u can call him names..but for now to d next 8 years he runs d affairs of Ekiti.. Let that sink to ur skull

6 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by egbetokuns(m): 5:12am On Oct 17, 2014
This hig time mr president shud go back and read he earlier comment abt ebola even all his minister and TAN were make advert and comment on ebola by applaud jonathan with praises that they were the one that stop ebola i think jonathan always misquote himsef its news befor that they fed govt stp ebola or are dey not read newspaper or watc their campagn clip dis jnathan easily to forget things and i wonder the kind of gvt we ar running on dis country why jona always shoot himsef always dairies GOD sha
kurt09:
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday said neither he nor any governor in the country can claim the credit for winning the war against Ebola.
Rivers and Lagos are the two Nigerian states hit by the Ebola outbreak.
The federal government said the two states are now free of the deadly virus.
According to Mr. Jonathan, the government could not have succeeded in ridding the country of Ebola virus without the cooperation of the Nigerian masses.
The President said these at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, during the launch of Elumelu Nigeria Empowerment Fund, ENEF, to support victims of terrorism in the country’s North-east zone.
He used the occasion to thank Nigerians for buying into the Ebola campaign, saying that no government could have performed magic to rid the county of the deadly virus without the peoples’ support.
Mr. Jonathan, however, commended Nigerians for following the health guidelines set out by government, some of which was a departure from the norm.
He said, “When government said we must be mindful of gatherings, of handshakes and that we should not move corpse unnecessarily,” Nigerians heeded the advice.
He noted that even churches that he thought would resist the directive by still using a single cup to serve the Holy Communion to its members suspended the practice during the Ebola war.
Continuing, he said, “Nigerians became mindful. Friends stopped embracing themselves saying until we get out of Ebola.
“So it (Ebola campaign) had the buy-in of the populace and that is why we succeeded so fast otherwise we couldn’t have.
“There is no magic government could have used to solve that problem. No President or state governor will claim any credit. The credit should go to the ordinary Nigerians for the cooperation and their buy-in,” Mr. Jonathan said.
By his comment, the President appears to be reacting to remarks by top members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, including Governors Babatunde Fasola of Lagos State and Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, who have said the Federal Government did very little to contend the deadly virus and should therefore not claim credit for winning the war.
While speaking at the formal declaration of a former Head of State, Muhamadu Buhari, for the APC’s presidential ticket at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on Wednesday, Mr. Amaechi, said Nigeria’s flaunted success in the fight against Ebola is a fallacy.
He insisted that the Rivers State Government spent a whopping N1.4billion to stop the outbreak of the disease.
He faulted claims by Mr. Jonathan’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that the Federal Government successfully contained the outbreak.
He said, “I hear PDP and Mr. President claiming the glory of having fought Ebola. I asked one simple question: Rivers state government spent 1,406 billion to fight Ebola, the Federal Government brought N200m just last week. If we were waiting for that N200m, Ebola would have spread round Rivers State,” he said.
He said his colleague, Mr.Fashola, was also “fully in charge of the Ebola drive in his state”.
Further deriding the Federal Government, Mr. Amaechi said “Apart from announcing the number of patients, what did the Federal Government do for us? So, why did they politicise Ebola.”
Meanwhile, Mr. Jonathan said the Federal Government has made a donation of N250 million to the ENEF, saying that the government will continue ‎its sustained security operations to eliminate insurgency and restore law and order in the country.
Mr. Jonathan noted that the prolonged case of insurgency in the zone has led to the displacement of the population, destruction of infrastructure and the collapse of the economy in the area.
The rehabilitation of communities affected by the crisis, the President said, would require not only government’s intervention but also that of the private sector.
“I have realized over time that government alone cannot solve human problems. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169630-no-governor-can-take-credit-for-wining-ebola-war-jonathan.html

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by papadjaji: 5:14am On Oct 17, 2014
I wonder y you have to repeatedly refer to the president as "mr"?
Some us can see through your lack of respect.
Anyways people, if the president cannot take glory for curbing ebola in 9ja, then, in the same vain, u cannot hold him responsible 4 d ills in the country.

@Atmmachine, must u remain a child 4ever? Y take all ds empty space at 4am just to type a full stop?

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by LordVoldemort(m): 5:16am On Oct 17, 2014
new2020:

Typical yoruba and negativity. Don't ask me how I know you are a Yoruba...that's your Modus Operandi and we all know it now. You think North, SS and SE take you people seriously. SS have seen you people for what you are from how you disrespect our president and son. How you people disrespect President Jonathan is beyond belief. Don't think any ethnic group disrespected Obasanjo in this manner. Good yorubas should ignore this statement above...meant for some of you that exhibit this negativity behavior which is becoming endemic with younger generation of yorubas...sheer negavity in everything. If you reply this post in attack, then you belong to this category.

Now to the nitty gritty, Federal goverment under a functioning minister, Dr. Onyebuchi spearheaded the fight against this ebola epidemic. As usual, SW and APC will come on here and cry...Fashola this, Fashola that...very shameless people. Wasn't the same Fashola and Lagos that refused the magic Nano Silver? Talk to me people...this is a factual statement. Until he was forced by the federal government that if he doesn't allow them into Lagos using "National Security threat" clause in the constitution...read the constitution people it's in there; Ebola became a "national security threat" and federal government was ready to declare state of emergency on Lagos and force Fashola out in handcuffs to protect the lives of its citizens required by law...you think this is a joke. The media has been hiding this. Until Federal government went into Lagos did Ebola disappeared because they had intelligence on the cure. Otherwise, Fashola, APC, SW were willing to play politics with innocent people, including gullible yorubas and let people die. Federal government as Jonathan stated are present in Lagos and Rivers nibbling this virus except Rivers is not making propaganda of it. All monies expended by Lagos state during the infancy of Ebola when it was not a " national security threat" has been refunded back to it. Let's get the facts right and give credit to whom it it due to.

Wake up people. Jonathan handling of Ebola, is the biggest achievement of any government in the history Nigeria. This thing would have killed thousands, leave people paranoid, paralyzed our economy and throw this country into unimaginable chaos. I was a staunch Buhari supporter and voted for him but today I have changed my mind. Jonathan till 2023 with option to extend it to 2031.

Nigeria has gone to the dogs....do you have a brain at all....the ultimate foolish fool

12 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BlackHuman(m): 5:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Jonathan talks another nonsense....

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 17, 2014
LordVoldemort:

[s]Nigeria has gone to the dogs....do you have a brain at all....the ultimate foolish fool[/s]

What's this thing saying? Swine!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 17, 2014
BlackHuman:
Jonathan talks another nonsense....

Another Swine!

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Fashola nko? Oga Jonah, Tell Me This Is A Joke!!

Daris God ooh

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by arresa: 5:22am On Oct 17, 2014
[s]
mobuch:

If u had respect For your own father, u won't go as far as calling someone else's father a useless man, worst of all, a sitting president. You probably have a poor home training and mentoring from useless parents. I rest my case.

@ seun and his incompetent moderators, if u keep allowing little kids to use this platform as an avenue for[/s] insulting and maligning leaders and public officials, then you can be rest assured that you have a case to answer with the security agencies very soon.

Why do you clowns think other people worship crooks and incompetent people or think we are in the same ignorant, shallow and unintelligent boat where treasury looters, incompetent people, crooked and corrupt clowns insults your existence, deny you basic needs, bastardizes your lives the the lives of your unborn children?

Please kindly STFU and start worrying about the kind of messed up future in front of your 4 kids ... In fact, get some contraception or start wearing rubber...

15 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by pedro08: 5:25am On Oct 17, 2014
We have just forgotten d health workers who died in d process so soon.but taking credit is ranting in d air.if we had d money,and dere was no health workers to risk their lives,I dnt tink anybody would b talkin of takin credits by now.haba.

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BlackHuman(m): 5:26am On Oct 17, 2014
new2020:

Another Swine!
Another fool that loves jonathan.

7 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:28am On Oct 17, 2014
Chubhie:
What about 1 billion for 1 kilometer of road?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha @ur signature. You Just Made Ma Day!

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 17, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:32am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:

Foul-mouthed, lies, violence, do-or-die, character assassination, blackmail, intimidation, poverty distribution, boko haram and hyperactive looting - what else am I missing from the PDP camp?
BUSTED!!!

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by honeric01(m): 5:34am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:

“Apart from announcing the number of patients, what did the Federal Government do for us?". The token the FG gave was after the war on Ebola was over.

Apart from the Health minister that kept touch with all the efforts at these States, Jonathan has no business trying to reap were he did not sow.

[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Goodluck1.png[/img]
Contribution of Jonathan

VS

Contribution of Fashola
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Buja_gQIQAE_Mod.jpg:medium[/img]
Building an Isolation ward for Ebola Patients.

Ebola Medical Ward just opened by Gov Fashola

Took the awareness campaign to everywhere.

A warm reception to survivors to help them reintegrate into the society.

My special thanks and appreciation goes to the Health workers who were at the forefront of the War Against Ebola (some of who lost their lives). May God continue to bless them.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Anas4sure:
.GEJ no ft deceive me all i no b say GMB 4 2015
Haba! Must You Quote The Entire Post?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BlackHuman(m): 5:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Rubbish & clownish talks....anyways,what do you expect from a hat-wearing president?

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:38am On Oct 17, 2014
mobuch:

If u had respect For your own father, u won't go as far as calling someone else's father a useless man, worst of all, a sitting president. You probably have a poor home training and mentoring from useless parents. I rest my case.

@ seun and his incompetent moderators, if u keep allowing little kids to use this platform as an avenue for insulting and maligning leaders and public officials, then you can be rest assured that you have a case to answer with the security agencies very soon.
Seconded. Including The Way They Rains Insult On Religious Leaders Too.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by remikunle: 5:39am On Oct 17, 2014
we appreciate you sir
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:40am On Oct 17, 2014
mnairaland:

by calling his parents useless u became guity of d same offence.U became same as him.
Ermm.......Ermm....... Technically True sha.

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Networkingprof: 5:46am On Oct 17, 2014
Sorry for the digression, but this is for someone, who is at a crossroad: out there in the market, competition is so fierce and invisible to most upstarts, they have already dabble into their 'perfect business' before the business now starts to teach them. Don't be discouraged if this is close to your present experience, catch the next available flight, take the MLM challenge, join Networking business today. It is one of the business that will make you rich even if the brokes call you broke. Once you understand the business, your business problem is solved. Many people are attracted to the 'next big thing', but as usual, it is the other man's fault when the bubble burst. Do something with your time, associations, family and friends, join networkers today. PM me, I'm available.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:49am On Oct 17, 2014
new2020:

Typical yoruba and negativity. Don't ask me how I know you are a Yoruba...that's your Modus Operandi and we all know it now. You think North, SS and SE take you people seriously. SS have seen you people for what you are from how you disrespect our president and son. How you people disrespect President Jonathan is beyond belief. Don't think any ethnic group disrespected Obasanjo in this manner. Good yorubas should ignore this statement above...meant for some of you that exhibit this negativity behavior which is becoming endemic with younger generation of yorubas...sheer negavity in everything. If you reply this post in attack, then you belong to this category.

Now to the nitty gritty, Federal goverment under a functioning minister, Dr. Onyebuchi spearheaded the fight against this ebola epidemic. As usual, SW and APC will come on here and cry...Fashola this, Fashola that...very shameless people. Wasn't the same Fashola and Lagos that refused the magic Nano Silver? Talk to me people...this is a factual statement. Until he was forced by the federal government that if he doesn't allow them into Lagos using "National Security threat" clause in the constitution...read the constitution people it's in there; Ebola became a "national security threat" and federal government was ready to declare state of emergency on Lagos and force Fashola out in handcuffs to protect the lives of its citizens required by law...you think this is a joke. The media has been hiding this. Until Federal government went into Lagos did Ebola disappeared because they had intelligence on the cure. Otherwise, Fashola, APC, SW were willing to play politics with innocent people, including gullible yorubas and let people die. Federal government as Jonathan stated are present in Lagos and Rivers nibbling this virus except Rivers is not making propaganda of it. All monies expended by Lagos state during the infancy of Ebola when it was not a " national security threat" have been refunded back to it. Let's get the facts right and give credit to whom it it due to.

Wake up people. Jonathan handling of Ebola, is the biggest achievement of any government in the history Nigeria. This thing would have killed thousands, leave people paranoid, paralyzed our economy and throw this country into unimaginable chaos. I was a staunch Buhari supporter and voted for him but today I have changed my mind. Jonathan till 2023 with option to extend it to 2031.
Link Plz!

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by hensben(m): 5:52am On Oct 17, 2014
mobuch:

@ seun and his incompetent moderators, if u keep allowing little kids to use this platform as an avenue for insulting and maligning leaders and public officials, then you can be rest assured that you have a case to answer with the security agencies very soon.
how about this ur god called leaders do the right thing at the right time and stop playing politics with citizen's life for their selfish interest...nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Chigold101(m): 5:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Rivers state
government spent 1,406 billion to fight Ebola. says Amaechl. but to me APC have cornered that money for 2015 presidential and gubernatorial campaign and bribery
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by smudge2079(m): 5:56am On Oct 17, 2014
Am with Uncle Jonathan on dis one. NOBODY!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by eleko1: 5:57am On Oct 17, 2014
cool cool grin ;DThank U O jare.We should ask the CONFUSIONIST man why his TANS ARMY use am do propaganda campaign for him since EbOLa waka go on it own.Sai GMB
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

This Clueless Leadership must be voted out.
grin

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by M4gunners: 6:05am On Oct 17, 2014
elohorayodele:
Amaechi there is Godoooo, all this money your are sharing! Na so u take thief 1.4B claiming say na for ebola!
Hahaha thank you bro.Ask me how many people contracted EBOLA in Rivers State that makes him spend 1.402b.A total of 8 people if am not mistaken. That is to say if 50 people were affected rivers state allocation would've finish lol . Amechi is just being stuuupid. Must he challenge GEJ on every matter . somebody should advice him to pay Duncan Mighty the 50.m he is owning him.

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 17, 2014
HBD to my humble self,I am so grateful for God's faithfulness all these years

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by eleko1: 6:16am On Oct 17, 2014
sad angry Why waste Ur time answering the offspring of the CONFUSIONIST.?To his like,anybody that criticised are kids/opposition.GEJ Is a NUT,deal with it
hensben:
how about this ur god called leaders do the right thing at the right time and stop playing politics with citizen's life for their selfish interest...nonsense.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NDLEA Sorrounds The Home Of Kashamu Buruji / Akeredolu Commissions Amotekun's Headquarters In Ondo (Pictures) / 'Okija Priest', Protesters Mock Ngige At NLC Protest (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.