Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan (41044 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari / No President Resigns During War, Jonathan Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by OLADD: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2014
lakamua:
Gej shud start renovating kirikiri becos he is definitely going to start a new home there once APC kicks his lazy corrupt ass out
[color=#006600][/color]

And if you, your parents or any member of your family has ever indulged in any corrupt act, financial or otherwise, it means mansions are been prepared for you all in hell fire.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by OLADD: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2014
iv4fb:

what has class of degree got to do with his personality? Dude, you're da.ft! Certificate has nothing to do with your personality, it dont even mean you're not smart. so where are all the first class people in his state? he leads them!
[color=#006600][/color]

Gbam!!!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by aoyih(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2014
U see am...

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by azidomedogo: 8:32am On Oct 17, 2014
If lagos and rivers were under the control of pdp GEJ would have praised the 2 governors for being able to contain the spread........A nation divided against itself cannot stand

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by businesslawyer(m): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2014
chinwike2:
GBAM well said !
and how much per kilo is FG doing Lagos Ibadan Expressway?
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by OLADD: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2014
iv4fb:

so maybe the governors in other state where proactive enough to prevent it from entering their state! its difficult to figure out some of you think, everybody fought against ebola, the banks installed sanitizers, schools... everywhere, the Minister managed communication effectively, a Dr. lost her life trying to prevent it from spreading, all the Commissioners of health across the federation met with the Minister of Health to discuss moralities of curtailing it, governors provided facilities. My point is, Every Nigerian worked on fighting ebola and won!
[/color][color=#006600]

Thank you. Very reasonable thoughts.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by athorello(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2014
iv4fb:

Dude, BRF >>> GEJ? please tell us the aspects? The more reason why you're still pursuing less than 100k after a year and 4 months, go build your cognitive skills and build a life, you wont need Amaechi's money anymore.
You must be doing a paid job here. If not, why this headache for PDP. Straight to the point....
BRF is smarter and more intelligent. That's why in the ebola saga, he filled the loophole left by GEJ by giving credit to all whom it is due.
He's proactive, always at the scene and setting out modalites on time.
He knows his Lagos, he can easily touch the heart and souls of lagosians.
He doesn't 'shoot himself on the foot' as your man does. Your man always seems to forget what he's said before.
Talk of articulation, talk unveiling plans and visions and a succint and clear roadmap to achieving them, BRF is the man.
Now, tell me your GEJ is building roads, schools, bridges, etc, BRF is doing same and can even do better if he's on the centre stage. Em.... Eh.... Mm! Lol.
As for Ameachi, I just brought to light a lapse on his part and the clamour of thousands. He should do the needful. And that's not to say I don't admire his unwavering nature. B-). I have a life and I'm living it.
N/B: I'm not a fan of PDP or APC but I will support whoever as at when due.
I have no further engagement with you because I'm not being paid. Peace!

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by businesslawyer(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2014
dustydee:
No governor has claimed credit for containing Ebola but we all know who claimed or tried to claim credit for containing the disease before the record was put straight. I am glad the president got the message and has corrected the impression his spin doctors tried to force down our throats.
Nice one kudos for this.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Waspy(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Na dis kain controversy Retardeen dey find him voice. Mstcheewwww angry angry Bloody Mofo angry

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Explicit01: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2014
Every single nigerian was involved in the fight against ebola, I see no reason why fed and state govt will be arguing about who contained ebola when there are other serious pending issues. This kind nation eh
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by OLADD: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2014
Sheggy13:

I guess you are blind to read the disclaimer on nairaland :"You are solely responsible for whatever you write on nairaland ". Is that too complex for your thick skull to assimilate? World over, leaders are often criticized. Go to dailymail and see how they insult David Cameron, ditto Obama, Zuma etc. Have the ones in Nigeria suddenly become untouchables, and who made you their mouthpiece ? So it's you that needs to grow a pair.
[color=#006600][/color]

So what entails in Britain and other Western worlds should be imported to Nigeria? Has your brain gone senile to realise that our culture differs from that of the whites? Do you have to call the president such names as daft and dumb. It shows you are lost in moral bankruptcy.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by oyebanji(m): 8:46am On Oct 17, 2014
One impressive thing about this whole thing was Lagos State governor's response as to who should take the credit on Ebola fight in Nigeria. He did not even claim the credit for his state rather he gave the credit to the health workers whose selflessness saved us from extermination and to the Nigerian people for cooperating.

I think the presidency should always take the path decency in public communication...

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by acada111(f): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2014
iv4fb:

Truth is bitter bro, you just have to live with it.

Guy, carry your chair.... waka enta bush go siddon.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2014
Mr President why u talk like dis? both Govs are not failure like u
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by samplegirl(f): 8:54am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

This Clueless Leadership must be voted out.

And happily it is only few months away, so be ready!

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Sheggy13(m): 8:54am On Oct 17, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

So what entails in Britain and other Western worlds should be imported to Nigeria? Has your brain gone senile to realise that our culture differs from that of the whites? Do you have to call the president such names as daft and dumb. It shows you are lost in moral bankruptcy.
I don't have time to bandy words with an intellectual midget like u.. You can as well call him the best thing since sliced bread. We are talking about leaders who are mercilessly messing up our common wealth as a nation and here you are talking morals. I don't belong to the culture of sycophancy if that's what u expect of me. Now you can run along to collect your TAN allowance ok.

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

This Clueless Leadership must be voted out.

jonathan obvously did not read Fashola's piece
He never claimed credit.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Osakah24(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2014
First and foremost, If we want a better nigeria we as the people have to rethink, When you elect a government, its based on your belief on their capacity to lead and work for you. When we praise them unnecessarily for doing their job we give them leeways to exploit, PDP brought Amaechi to power because they believed he can deliver, until that mandate expires, what ever he does is based on the platform giving to him by PDP,
Using Over a billion to fight Ebola is fraud of the highest order. and until we start calling a spade by its name, this is all we can get,
POLITICS is the second oldest profession,The first is PROSTITUTION, compare them and you ll see a lot of similarities.
These guys dont care about Us, Yet we are continuously being blind to their faults.
LAGOS AND RIVERS are currently among top three highest earning states in the country, Can their earnings really be compared to there achievements?.
If like ebola was fought without playing politics, the same was done with insurgency,we wont be where we are today,
PDP AND APC are not going to change anything unless we imbibe the culture of accountability.
If the fight against Ebola had failed (God forbid) Who would have taken the blame? ,I guess it would have been the federal government, so why not the success.
Insurgency started from opposition state, same with Ebola, Is this guys so filled with backluck?Its not a coincidence since they are always fighting GOODLUCK at the center.
Finally
WHOM GOD HAS BLESSED(GOODLUCK EBELE(not ebola) JONATHAN , NO MAN CAN CURSE.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by etim20(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2014
malbro:
. What the hell is amaechi talkin about 1.4b its that almost a state allocation 4 amonth...am 4rm imo state 4rm wat seein nw the devil u knw is beta dan the angel wey u no sabi...ask imo ppl wetin owelle dey do..tanx
bros no even try mention Owelle name anyhow that guy has done what PDP government cudnt do in 12yrs in jos a space of 3yrs unless u r daft n clueless like PDP...
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by biggmusty(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Jonah na u been dey claim am nd fashola set u right, abeg no change am our memory work well

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by charleff512(m): 9:17am On Oct 17, 2014
aljharem2:

So it was APC lead government that stopped ebola ?

Are you in Nigeria at all ?

Certainly GEJ cannot take credit for it because it was Nigerians and not Fashola or GEJ that stopped Ebola.

Even conductor dey carry sanitizers, do you think that is Fashola's doing ?
true talk my brother!

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by tete7000(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2014
iv4fb:

The Agberos in Lagos need you, your skills match. you dont even need a degree to shine and the class of degree certainly has nothing to prove. so you're a graduate? very funny! Do you know that the higher your go in your studies, the class of grade becomes irrelevant so long you pass?

so class of degree measures student's achievement level? interesting! you're confined in your childish mentality!

let me tell you a little secret, Most First class degree holders work for Third class directors/Managers. But dont get me wrong, do all the best you can to achieve the best result you can in school (for obviously you're either a jambite or WASSCE holder), just that your class of degree has nothing to do whit what you will achieve in life

Half education that earned you third class degree is still your problem. I need to correct an erroneous impression you dare to create here. When they say your class of degree has nothing to do with what you achieve in Life, no one is telling you your class of degree has no imprint on your future achievements. What they are basically saying is that if you stop applying the same effort that earned you a good degree in life, you end up like the mediocre and lazy students that ended up in school with third class. If however a first class and others with good degree continue to apply the same consistent effort that earned them good grades in life, then sky is their limit. They will sour higher.
Definitely hope is never lost for a third class student if he would rise from his mediocre level. However the starting point should always be what you left school with. A third class student will need to show by his consistent results and achievements that he can fly with the best before he is taken serious. He shouldn't achieve promotion by resort to godfatherism and favouritism. This is how it is done in serious society not mediocre one like our own where your likes and your godfathers feel a person's academic achievement has no bearing on his future life. Olodo, hope you have learnt something.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Toktee(m): 9:32am On Oct 17, 2014
aljharem2:

So it was APC lead government that stopped ebola ?

Are you in Nigeria at all ?

Certainly GEJ cannot take credit for it because it was Nigerians and not Fashola or GEJ that stopped Ebola.

Even conductor dey carry sanitizers, do you think that is Fashola's doing ?
Yes,fashola stop ebola in lagos,while Ameachi stop ebola in Rivers.....when did jonathan released the 200m promised to rivers?
Was it nt after they kicked ebola out b4 the money was released?
Apart frm sensitisation,what did federal gvt did that ebola jonathan is trying hard to take credit?

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2014
israel007:
Much as I'm not an APC fan, I think Gov Fashola should be applauded and given credit for the work on #Ebola.

If it was in benue this broke out, the useless governor Suswan, will be lounging with GEJ while the EVD spreads without anyone to contain it.

Fashola should take credit for this Oga GEJ

my broda, hw fr.
yangi kaa nina?
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nezan(m): 9:46am On Oct 17, 2014
aguizm:
This is gonna make front page I can bet the useless 1km monorail built by corrupt and over mouthed amaechi for anything. APC an opposition party filled with bitter and failed politicians. GEJ till A tiv man stops eating rat.

Yoruba people eat rat more than tiv people.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by oluvick(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=48]credit should be given to the governors of the states that curb Ebola. I disagree with jona. on this.[/size]

Agreed! So what should be given to those states where boko haram is ruling? Nobody is blaming them but everyone is matching to aso rock to #bringbackourgirl. It's bad enough that they are still in captivity but what is the state government doing compared to ebola state?

N1.4b Mr governor...........huh.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2014
To me I believe much credit and praise need to go to the doctors and nurses who were the first responder to the Ebola outbreak. I say this because they took time and did what many Nigerians will not do in life threatening situations such as the Ebola outbreak. They contained and quarantined Mr sawyer for I know a typical Nigerian will "Sare kagba kagba".

Also I'll want to say the Lagos State government needs to be applauded. Their timely response is second to non.

Lastly Mr President just told all Nigerians that the Lagos and Rivers governors were the ones who successfully contained the virus. If indeed the federal government were the ones who contained it, Mr president will waste no time in accrediting the success to his government. This is election time and winning points now is crucial. He knows he did not do jack sh.it that's why he's saying Nigerians are the ones who successfully contained the virus, the governors of Rivers and Lagos state are Nigerians too you know.

What better way to shy away from the truth than to deal in abstracts.

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
tete7000:

Half education that earned you third class degree is still your problem. I need to correct an erroneous impression you dare to create here. When they say your class of degree has nothing to do with what you achieve in Life, no one is telling you your class of degree has no imprint on your future achievements. What they are basically saying is that if you stop applying the same effort that earned you a good degree in life, you end up like the mediocre and lazy students that ended up in school with third class. If however a first class and others with good degree continue to apply the same consistent effort that earned them good grades in life, then sky is their limit. They will sour higher.
Definitely hope is never lost for a third class student if he would rise from his mediocre level. However the starting point should always be what you left school with. A third class student will need to show by his consistent results and achievements that he can fly with the best before he is taken serious. He shouldn't achieve promotion by resort to godfatherism and favouritism. This is how it is done in serious society not mediocre one like our own where your likes and your godfathers feel a person's academic achievement has no bearing on his future life. Olodo, hope you have learnt something.

we need to clap for you, you're smart. Dude, try to reason please

The third class student is not a mediocre, put that at the back of your empty head. Wole Soyinka and Gani Fawehinmi (RIP) were both third class students if you dont know and they never resorted to 'gadfatherism and favouritism' and they were the best in their chosen paths. Everything is not about politics, government and office politics, sometime you have to craft a niche for yourself and excel there, and you need no grades to do that.

For the records, I was never a third class student, but third class student are not less smarter than the first class student, only an idiot like you believe third class students are lazy, some might be-but not all. In fact, most of the genius/CEOs are not even graduates; IN as much as school is important, inasmuch as good grades are important, DONT EVER JUDGE ANYBODY BY THE CLASS OF THEIR DEGREE. Now you can go back, dust your WASSCE and continue with your studies, thou fo0l!

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by HarvelDan: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2014
The comment and reaction of Gov. Ameachi in the above post seems childish and disrespectful. The fact that he is from the opposition party does not make the President his enemy. It's high time our leaders began to talk and act like the educated men they claim to be. Leaders don't run their mouths anyhow. #Enough_Said.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by omoharry(f): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2014
manutdadex:
war against ebola was won by d people and by God...because i cant imagine a disease transfer by body fluid dat wont spread like wild fire in lasgidi, if u stay in lagos and d kind of transportation in d state, u will agree wit me dat ebola was eradicated by efforts of all Nigerians and God nt any governor or presido! Infact Na God o. And its jst so painful to read tru all d comments on dis thread and all i see are lost Nigerians. Your comments jst prove to me dat our youths are no diff frm our drag head politicians
You are right. seriously, sometimes I fear for the future because of the orientation of our youth this days. some here on nairaland lack the ability to discern information before reacting to them. They follow political parties blindly without thinking that these parties do not fight the other opposition for the good of the common man.To you APC AND PDP suppoters, how many times has your party ever criticize the other party and the system of the outrageous salaries and benfitit they collect on a monthly basis? How many times has other APC members call for the reversal of the huge pension benefit for all Lagos state governors and their families that they will get after they leave office?. That was why they were silent over Governor Akpabio Pension benefit which was later reverse because APC is guilty of the same thing. Thirdly, we have been shouting and calling on our legislatures and other government officials to cut down on their huge salaries and allowances, how many times has the APC party launch out to criticize this issue since they are very good in Criticize almost everything. They will remain silent over this because they are also benefiting from the rot and corrupt practices in this areas but would cry to the high heaven for trivial things that are of no benefit to the citizens. Yet, some ignorant youth will be here supporting them and even ready to die for them. You GUYS better think of what you are doing right now and start realizing that APC and PDP are the same thing. They are partners in crime when its time for money sharing since together they at peace with the wrong outrageous policy that allows them to collect urge salaries , allowances and pensions at the expense of the Nigerian citizens but are enemies outside this areas.
My fellow youth Open you eyes and stop mortgaging your future and that our our children for a cheap pot of porridge.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by abagnalie: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2014
fashola has taken that credit mr prsident no offence.team fash.thats how we roll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / NDLEA Sorrounds The Home Of Kashamu Buruji / Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.