Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (101432 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Sammypedro18(m): 10:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
RashieGold:
Abi oooo! Its no big deal,u can't even cook for him with your own money sef. Some girls can lie and also pretend to provoke God....Chai
I tire ooh
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Natasha2(f): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Lmao Nashoji you go kill person with laugh oh grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 04, 2014
Natasha2:
Lmao Nashoji you go kill person with laugh oh grin grin grin grin
my sister that girl too the vex me. you no see as she just the insult people anyhow? as she even ugly reach, she still the do yanga. the girl can lie for africa, she don commoy her pix self. hope you fine dear?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by wordbank(m): 6:23am On Nov 04, 2014
All dis babes sabi lie eehhh! After dem go dia guy house go cook assorted like mama put okra soup, egusi, afang, native, uha, ofe nsala, pounded yam, garri, semo, dem go come hia dey talk bla bla bla. *smh grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 6:33am On Nov 04, 2014
nomabeeee:
soo nice sweeri..exactly wat I had in mind when I said I won't be cooking for him all the time..but they seem not to understand it..anyway evryone is entitled to his/her opinion..*exists*
Thanks chickie! I know what you mean.There have been different kinds of reactions from this discussion. I say everyone with his own.But men may not always say it out loud, but they like ladies who have principles set in place & live by them.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by unibenstudent1(m): 6:52am On Nov 04, 2014
Deefuray:

Brother, this is a public forum, not everyone shares the same view with you. You dnt need to throw insults 'cause I have a different view on this
they no dey see ur break light again
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Isiterere(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2014
pharoahs:
My Gf doesn't cook when she comes to my place, and most times she comes around i always do not have cooked food waiting for her, so when she comes and asks for food I collect the money from her, go to buy the stuffs, prepare it to last for one week after she has gone....and yes, i keep the change
this is role-swap .
You're the girlfriend dude.

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by jpphilips(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2014
Bode2:
speaking on behalf of most reasonable ladies, I think ladies don't demand their dating partner to cook for them, I think the guy in question can still make use of soft drinks and snacks since it's just a visit, for crying out loud, his house is not a restaurant. Although the guy can SELDOM in fact RARELY cook and it is more honourable for ladies to dissuade their dating partner from cooking just in the name of entertainment. A lady must never cook in house of dating partner else she might start losing her worth or value and this goes along with the biblical words which compare a woman without discretion to a gold tied to a pig snout (cant really remember the exact words but we can at best form the imagery) and as someone said, you can cook that's if the guy come over to your place.

woman's worth indeed where were you guys when I was still in d game?
girls like you, haha! I just take five years of your life and I will never tell you d truth why you got served, that will prepare the ground for another sane man to collect another 5yrs of your life, on your 40th birthday, you will be in a sanctuary challenging your god to a curse.
see their mouth!
A gal whose father cannot afford to give her a monthly upkeep allowance is talking about honorable.
Generation of glorified beggars decieving themselves with the pseudo mantra of modern women.

To believe that it is the same people who accept lunch dates with men just to eat free meals now use words like "self worth", "honorable" to dignify themselves.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bode2: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2014
jpphilips:

woman's worth indeed where were you guys when I was still in d game?
girls like you, haha! I just take five years of your life and I will never tell you d truth why you got served, that will prepare the ground for another sane man to collect another 5yrs of your life, on your 40th birthday, you will be in a sanctuary challenging your god to a curse.
see their mouth!
A gal whose father cannot afford to give her a monthly upkeep allowance is talking about honorable.
Generation of glorified beggars decieving themselves with the pseudo mantra of modern women.

To believe that it is the same people who accept lunch dates with men just to eat free meals now use words like "self worth", "honorable" to dignify themselves.
It is definitely worthwhile and honourable for ladies to at all cost avoid chauvinistic fellows like you. Please note, I am a guy not a lady.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Bode2: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2014
Gloria3389:

see... no matter how we argue this we'll always see things from different perspectives
we ladies are really getting it wrong when it come to relationship....
different pple with different way of life

dear, just live by your principles, ethics and ethos and don't be swayed away by corrupt and inordinate practices of the world. I pray God help you
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by oapbrown(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
@OP...thanks for bringing up this brilliant issue...but it's sad that this one reason is why many relationships have failed and many marriages ended...
Now, I'll say, relationships have fundamental rules esp when it's heading for marriage. The partners should portray what they will do in marriage before they're actually married (sex excluded). The only reason why u shudnt cook for yur guy is if he's not serious about ur relatnship or u have great doubts about him. Becos relationship is what gives a foundation for marriages. I do not see anything wrong in a lady cooking for her guy whenever she's in the guy's house or preferably, she cooks the food from her house and brings it to the guy. According to the OP's analysis, 5days visit in a month. I assume the guy does his cooking when yu're not there or finds another means to eat. Why not let him have a feeling and a difference betwn d time yu are with him and when yu're not? This helps yur relationship to be stronger. It's certain dat some guys can't cook, so if u don't cook for such guys, they look for someone who can cook for them all the time yu weren't around...and dos girls cud even go do the extra**. We're in relationships to become better pple, so if yu can't help a guy cook, how much impact will yu make in his life? Obviously, yu can't help with his loads of official duties...especially when his work takes a lot of his time. My point is cooking for a guy and doing some chores for him at least 90% of the time yu're together isn't a bad idea, because everyone needs assurance and security before entering into marriage. A lady, irrespective of her income or what she gets from her parents that cud make her not take from her guy, would always wanna be sure that her guy can sort out her needs when they marry and so a guy wants to be sure that his woman will cook good meals, with happiness even when they're married.
My advice to ladies, pls, if yu always allow yur guy take u out to eateries everytime and yu can't stop him, yu'd be so used to it but the day he finds a girl dat can cook at ease and won't allow him take her to eateries often, I bet yu the guy will start changing and could finally get stuck. To those who sees cooking as being a slave, I doubt if yu can maintain a home without good food. To those who are afraid of being submissive, there's no successful marriage without submission from the wife. The Bible says, 'wives submit yourselves to your husband' and men should love their wife, and not vice versa.
Finally, I have seen a situation where a guy had to chose betwn two ladies because of food. It sounds weird right? But it's true. The two of them cooked well, but one cooked more often than the other. The guy was our neighbor when we were still teenagers. I believe everyone desires a happy home irrespective of their status and career. Therefore, we should not do things because our friends do them, we shud always find out what works best for our relationships. Ladies should read their Bibles more and find out how to keep their homes and stop raising egos that will make dem end up being single mothers. Thank you all!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
oapbrown:
@OP...thanks for bringing up this brilliant issue...but it's sad that this one reason is why many relationships have failed and many marriages ended...
Now, I'll say, relationships have fundamental rules esp when it's heading for marriage. The partners should portray what they will do in marriage before they're actually married (sex excluded). The only reason why u shudnt cook for yur guy is if he's not serious about ur relatnship or u have great doubts about him. Becos relationship is what gives a foundation for marriages. I do not see anything wrong in a lady cooking for her guy whenever she's in the guy's house or preferably, she cooks the food from her house and brings it to the guy. According to the OP's analysis, 5days visit in a month. I assume the guy does his cooking when yu're not there or finds another means to eat. Why not let him have a feeling and a difference betwn d time yu are with him and when yu're not? This helps yur relationship to be stronger. It's certain dat some guys can't cook, so if u don't cook for such guys, they look for someone who can cook for them all the time yu weren't around...and dos girls cud even go do the extra**. We're in relationships to become better pple, so if yu can't help a guy cook, how much impact will yu make in his life? Obviously, yu can't help with his loads of official duties...especially when his work takes a lot of his time. My point is cooking for a guy and doing some chores for him at least 90% of the time yu're together isn't a bad idea, because everyone needs assurance and security before entering into marriage. A lady, irrespective of her income or what she gets from her parents that cud make her not take from her guy, would always wanna be sure that her guy can sort out her needs when they marry and so a guy wants to be sure that his woman will cook good meals, with happiness even when they're married.
My advice to ladies, pls, if yu always allow yur guy take u out to eateries everytime and yu can't stop him, yu'd be so used to it but the day he finds a girl dat can cook at ease and won't allow him take her to eateries often, I bet yu the guy will start changing and could finally get stuck. To those who sees cooking as being a slave, I doubt if yu can maintain a home without good food. To those who are afraid of being submissive, there's no successful marriage without submission from the wife. The Bible says, 'wives submit yourselves to your husband' and men should love their wife, and not vice versa.
Finally, I have seen a situation where a guy had to chose betwn two ladies because of food. It sounds weird right? But it's true. The two of them cooked well, but one cooked more often than the other. The guy was our neighbor when we were still teenagers. I believe everyone desires a happy home irrespective of their status and career. Therefore, we should not do things because our friends do them, we shud always find out what works best for our relationships. Ladies should read their Bibles more and find out how to keep their homes and stop raising egos that will make dem end up being single mothers. Thank you all!

I took evry bit of my time to go through this post and I got excited!

You're so matured in your saying!

Every girl/lady following this thread, should adhere strictly to this advise!

#word
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Gloria3389(f): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bode2:
dear, just live by your principles, ethics and ethos and don't be swayed away by corrupt and inordinate practices of the world. I pray God help you
Thanks
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Natasha2(f): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nashoji:
my sister that girl too the vex me. you no see as she just the insult people anyhow? as she even ugly reach, she still the do yanga. the girl can lie for africa, she don commoy her pix self. hope you fine dear?

Lolz i'm good dearie. You cracked me up with your comment, you vex no be small grin which one be lie for Africa again na? grin

@oapbrown well said brother, you hit the nail on the head, but erm for dat your 90% e get as e be grin. I still love your comment though.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
lovemaths:

Ask google, father christmas or ghostbusters. ewu. aturu. onye iberibe. useless thing.
Obviously u just called yur dads middle and last names and sorry if u long expectd me to respond to dis...am way too old for dis drama with u nl children...got better tins to do and more importantly with pple dat ve got class and nt what ur profile says..rubbish
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by OpraMenu(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
Adaeze003:

Ehn na, then he cooks 4 himself! tongue

I once asked on this forum, why must a woman cook 4 u? And I didn't get one reason why, just guys running around the question. Lol... is it coz its tradition is is there some logical reason? cheesy topic 4 another day I guess.

Aret u married ?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by lovemaths(f): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
rufdyamond:

Obviously u just called yur dads middle and last names and sorry if u long expectd me to respond to dis...am way too old for dis drama with u nl children...got better tins to do and more importantly with pple dat ve got class and nt what ur profile says..rubbish
i am glad you said i have a dad. but you are fatherless. you're a bastard. for every other thing you said, back to sender.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by lovemaths(f): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
rufdyamond:

may thunder fire that your mouth you used in mentioning my father in this discussion. is he your mate? obviously, you don't have a father cos if you do, you won't be insulting someone's dad. lack of home training. rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by lovemaths(f): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
rufdyamond:

you have the nerve to call me a child but let me tell you something. I have seen a 30 year old teenager and that's what you are. you think age is maturity? rubbish
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by eminex(m): 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
lovemaths:
you have the nerve to call me a child but let me tell you something. I have seen a 30 year old teenager and that's what you are. you think age is maturity? rubbish

choi!!!! e do na. take am easy. sorry eh ndo.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
@Lovemaths...... Am truly sorry abt the insult rained on you... You just have to take it easy!

@rufdyamond..... You dnt have to banter words with the ladies! It won't really speak good abt you!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin
Natasha2:

Lolz i'm good dearie. You cracked me up with your comment, you vex no be small grin which one be lie for Africa again na? grin

@oapbrown well said brother, you hit the nail on the head, but erm for dat your 90% e get as e be grin. I still love your comment though.
grin
Natasha2:

Lolz i'm good dearie. You cracked me up with your comment, you vex no be small grin which one be lie for Africa again na? grin the girl lie the scare devil away. wetin vex me na way the girl just the abuse anybody. she really manners. i like doing things with good girls like you. how are you doing?

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
Natasha2:

dear, the girl lie the surprise devil. the girl just insult every body wey no gree for her own talk. aswear, that girl vex me no be small. how are you doing this week?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by SenatorJames(m): 3:01am On Nov 05, 2014
The reason why I don't comment mostly on controversial issues like this, is because nairalanders always find it easy to turn every topics into abuse, so bad. Anyway, from what I read on front page, I think some people don't know the meaning of being "submissive". Then it is possible they make mistake in their marriage. please every man and woman should understand the true meaning of being submissive.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by valdetino(m): 4:18am On Nov 05, 2014
TahariX:
I personally will not cook for anyone I'm not married to. I can cook for you if you're coming over to visit but going to someone's house and cooking for them is just a no-no. I'm not your wife bruh.
May be u dnt know how to cook or you don't like cooking. (no offense)

If the girl am dating can't prove to me that she can always take care of my stomarch till we die what's the need of putting that little metal in her 4th finger?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
foxxynik:
@Lovemaths...... Am truly sorry abt the insult rained on you... You just have to take it easy!

@rufdyamond..... You dnt have to banter words with the ladies! It won't really speak good abt you!
mr pls can u point out the wrds used...smh for pple here
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
lovemaths:
looser seek ur class....trash
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by ingzima: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
You cant imagine cooking for him, but you can sleep with him alright? giving out the most prized possession a woman has got? Cooking for your 'boy friend' does not take anything away from you. However, the 'boy friend' should not consider that your duty. Expecting the lady to jump into the kitchen each time she comes visiting is plain wrong, if he feels he cant do without her cooking then he should put a ring on it. My 10 kobo is in.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by remebombom: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
pasqal09:

In a way, yes. How can I cook when she's around? That's just not right.
obviously u have a wrong perception of things. so as long as there is a girl around its forbidden for a guy to cook undecided so u don't cook in ur house ryt? because u are man smh.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
rufdyamond:

mr pls can u point out the wrds used...smh for pple here

Mtchwwwww!....#Immaturity@ItsPeak
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 06, 2014
foxxynik:

Mtchwwwww!....#Immaturity@ItsPeak
boy i see whre yur maturity lies..u re simply one of those who takes sides so as to create a shagging chance..a discussion was on table and she made a comment and i responded by "who we go ask"....mr matured does dat require insults??...mr matured does it?....rada a mr matured man like u claim to be goes around to apologize over what u dont knw abt about simply to create that matured mr romantic oculus servientis picture to nl children...my advice b4 u get involved get to the root so u know whre to begin....i am too old to drag maturity with u cos ur action says it all...i ve being a nairalander for years and no on i repeat no one have i evr traded wrds with....i live for my job and my kids so i dont have time for that...mr matured learn to do tins ryt and not do tins to favor some cos of what u tink u myt get...lemme deal with pple who re bold enuf to allow me define dem
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello son, you really need to step up ur reasoning!

rufdyamond:

i am too old to drag maturity with u cos ur action says it all...i ve being a nairalander for years and no one i repeat no one have i evr traded wrds with....

You're too old to drag maturity? Hehehehe...

Ok look up son!

I wasn't dragging maturity with you, I simply beseech you not to banter words with a lady!

A lady accused you wrongly by dropping thizz

lovemaths:

Ask google, father christmas or ghostbusters. ewu. aturu. onye iberibe. useless thing.

And you jumped up on her and showed immaturity by dropping thizz

rufdyamond:

You went ahead to involve her family! How silly?

Yet you claim to be a daddy of nairaland!
You must be dreaming son!

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1 / Busty Nigerian Ladies Recount How Men Stare At Them & Nasty Experiences / Deborah, Skinny Model Twerks Better Than Curvy Ladies, Goes Nude For Artwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.